rwo power
Kick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
RedOranje
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club

Post by Forza Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:47 am

If I were a WSW supporter, there is no way I would want Man City to buy the club because theoretically you would alienate all of the fans of Man City's rivals in England who also support WSW. Although, I notice that as a Liverpool fan, you are not concerned by that mr-r34?

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 am

RealGunner wrote:I am in love with it lmao. Can't stop laughing.

lmao, you've grown pretty good at using it. This was a perfect place to use it.

As for the OT, this surely must be against some sort of rules that a club could own another club.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:06 am

Giampaolo Pozzo owns 3 clubs: Udinese, Granada, and recently Watford

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giampaolo_Pozzo
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:00 am

RealGunner wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club - Page 2 4wnf

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/c9u1X.gif

:bow:

Brilliantly done RG.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:34 am

Ugh...

I really was hopeful for Nycfc but now this just feels so wrong
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 am

Forza wrote:If I were a WSW supporter, there is no way I would want Man City to buy the club because theoretically you would alienate all of the fans of Man City's rivals in England who also support WSW. Although, I notice that as a Liverpool fan, you are not concerned by that mr-r34?

I couldn't give a stuff in all honesty, WSW and your chosen BPL clubs are totally irrelevant.

City buying an a-league club will not help them in 1 bit, only benefits the a-league club. The only thing that they get is first tabs on all the youngsters and that's hardly anything to worry about considering the players we produce.

I can see the conflict though, most my mates i travel with for WSW games are united fans and would hate the idea of city owning us but i highly doubt they would stop supporting the wanderers because of that.

Having millions of dollars to give to marquees would allow us to compete with the MLS in some respect to lure players who have just finished playing in Europe, rather than signing 'fringe' marquee players.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:55 am

V wrote:Giampaolo Pozzo owns 3 clubs: Udinese, Granada, and recently Watford

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giampaolo_Pozzo

For the THIRD AND FINAL TIME this isn't an OWNER buying another club, this is a CLUB BUYING A CLUB. How is that so difficult for people to comprehend?

And if memory serves, haven't there been a number of issues raised about the way Pozzo's clubs have interacted with each other on top of that? Something about forced loans to help Watford's push for promotion, I think...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:07 am

So they trademarked Melbourne City FC. FFS. Really if they change the name/brand of this team l dunno what to say.

Trying to coin the name City, (if that is the plan) is like when Donald trump trademarked the phrase "You're fired", or when Paris Hilton tried to take credit for "That's hot"
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 am

straya
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:13 am

Heart bought for 10-12mil AUD or 5.33 mil pounds sterling. They bought Scott Sinclair for 8mil pounds for some perspective

Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:14 am

They're renaming Melbourne Heart to Melbourne City.

AHAHHAHAHA. Piss take.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:34 am

Wait for the club color changes to sky blue as well Proud

In any case the club was founded in 2009, not like they have much history to complain about.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:36 am

Their direct rivals (Melbourne Victory) wear dark blue and Sydney FC (another "state rival") already have the sky blue top in the A league.

Doubt they'll change the colour.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:37 am

True, it's not like United, Arsenal and Liverpool all wear red hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 am

Do Liverpool and Everton both wear red? hmm
Do MUFC and MCFC both wear red? hmm
Do Arsenal and Chelsea both wear red? hmm

Last edited by Red Alert on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:True, it's not like United, Arsenal and Liverpool all wear red hmm
Yes, and all three play in the same city...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 am

I'm just basing this off the fact that NYC FC has sky blue colors, it seems to me that City would want to continue with this tradition. While their city rivals wear dark blue, the different shades might allow them to do it anyways.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:49 am

They own New York too? Laughing

Building an empire.

How have they helped NYC?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:52 am

You guys have to realise that at the moment Heart have the fewest supporters in the league, the worst squad, and the worst results. Not only that, but the club hasn't existed for very long. Their supporters would change their kit to nuclear waste green and have Al Qaeda as their new sponsor if it meant improving the club's situation.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Forza wrote:If I were a WSW supporter, there is no way I would want Man City to buy the club because theoretically you would alienate all of the fans of Man City's rivals in England who also support WSW. Although, I notice that as a Liverpool fan, you are not concerned by that mr-r34?

I couldn't give a stuff in all honesty, WSW and your chosen BPL clubs are totally irrelevant.

City buying an a-league club will not help them in 1 bit, only benefits the a-league club.  The only thing that they get is first tabs on all the youngsters and that's hardly anything to worry about considering the players we produce.

I can see the conflict though, most my mates i travel with for WSW games are united fans and would hate the idea of city owning us but i highly doubt they would stop supporting the wanderers because of that.

Having millions of dollars to give to marquees would allow us to compete with the MLS in some respect to lure players who have just finished playing in Europe, rather than signing 'fringe' marquee players.
Yeah, I mean if Inter bought Adelaide United, I would be pretty annoyed. I'm not sure if I would stop supporting the club, but it would be a definite conflict for me.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 am

So they now own a club in New York and one in Melbourne. Is it going to stop here? hmm

Difficult to see any other motive to buying this one than using it for developing youngsters the best of which might make it to the Manchester City squad. Don't think it's going to help City that much, though, it's a bit of video game thinking.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 am

All those rough aussie gems going to bring man city a CL trophy :proud
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:27 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Wait for the club color changes to sky blue as well Proud

In any case the club was founded in 2009, not like they have much history to complain about.

Won't happen arch rivals are blue.

Melbourne city is better than Melbourne heart ffs, bring on the change and lose your money when you get max crowds of 10k ffs.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:30 am

Forza wrote:You guys have to realise that at the moment Heart have the fewest supporters in the league, the worst squad, and the worst results. Not only that, but the club hasn't existed for very long. Their supporters would change their kit to nuclear waste green and have Al Qaeda as their new sponsor if it meant improving the club's situation.

I'm kinda happy they didn't buy us, i could see potential conflicts between us and the owners, if they ever thought about changing our names, mass boycott by all the fans.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Red Alert wrote:They own New York too? Laughing

Building an empire.

How have they helped NYC?
Well, they basically founded and financed the club, then bought it's way into MLS consideration. So they helped the club by creating it and all-but bribing it's way into relevance... as for helping NYC as a whole and/or a footy city; well, it's hard to say now but you could make a case that they've harmed rather than helped it, tbh. By creating this new club they've not only destroyed the Cosmos's (a storied and well liked club) chances of returning to MLS and they'll only end up splitting the Red Bulls' support to build their own, rather than pulling new fans into the fold. They'll undoubtedly increase the rate of inflation within the US/MLS market if they attempt anything even remotely similar to what has already been discussed with Xavi and others, and they've made the hierarchy running MLS and US footy in general look short-sighted, shallow, and greedy (or simply re-emphasised those traits, depending on your perspective).

Forza wrote:You guys have to realise that at the moment Heart have the fewest supporters in the league, the worst squad, and the worst results. Not only that, but the club hasn't existed for very long. Their supporters would change their kit to nuclear waste green and have Al Qaeda as their new sponsor if it meant improving the club's situation.
That really has NOTHING to do with the questions being raised here though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly/effectively/dramatically people can twist, undermine or outright ignore the actual topic at hand and simply bring up tangentially related (at best) topics, usually for the sake of a lame joke or petty comment. Surely SOMEONE cares about the potential ethical, legal, and economic ramifications this type of move could have on world club football.

Anyone?

...Anyone?

...Bueller?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next