rwo power
Kick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
RedOranje
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly/effectively/dramatically people can twist, undermine or outright ignore the actual topic at hand and simply bring up tangentially related (at best) topics, usually for the sake of a lame joke or petty comment. Surely SOMEONE cares about the potential ethical, legal, and economic ramifications this type of move could have on world club football.

Anyone?

...Anyone?

...Bueller?

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester City Buying Aussie Football Club

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:17 pm

This is going to be an interesting move. It would have made sense if they bought out Sydney FC because they are sky blue and have decent youth products to experiment with but Heart really have nothing. No crowds. No results. No structure. Nothing.
Wonder if money can really turn this dying club around... If it can praise to City!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:24 pm

lt can. but lts a wait and see at this point. lt all depends on how they handle this l suppose. lf they really do handle it like many speculate they will in just cloning man city in Melbourne and NY, then yes, thats terrible for the world of football. Fifa should not allow that sort of thing. And l want Garber GONE lf it is. l mean 4 teams in the two biggest markets in the US and he's screwed up 3 of them. How can La and two NY teams ALL be used for product advertising?

But if they make an effort to keep the identity of the clubs and allow them to be their own thing, then its fine l suppose. Well have to see how they handle it.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:51 am

they prolly only bought the club to raise brand awareness of city here
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 pm

What I don't understand is how another A-League club (and from same city no less) can acquire share in another club? That should be downright illegal.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I would assume that's the whole point but why the hell buy clubs in the US and Australia? Neither league is neither ideal for seasoning young talent or likely to generate much talent.

I could understand investing in clubs in Spain, Italy and Germany, even if in the second or third division, but this is just a bit unnecessary.

Lol, I wouldn't be so sure of that

There are some real ballers here in the us. Players are getting much better, much faster then I expected
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:37 am

iftikhar wrote:What I don't understand is how another A-League club (and from same city no less) can acquire share in another club? That should be downright illegal.

Melbourne Storm - the club I assume you're referring to from the article - aren't a football club, they're a rugby team and have no other connections to the A League.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:49 am

iftikhar wrote:What I don't understand is how another A-League club (and from same city no less) can acquire share in another club? That should be downright illegal.

Don't worry, the Melbourne storm are no strangers to illegal business practices
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:57 am

Fitty be mad that NSW couldn't produce a winning State of Origin team even if they did cheat.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:40 am

Heart are playing right now vs. Adelaide United (my team) if anyone wants to watch them. Game is only 4 minutes in, score 0-0.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:00 am

dostoevsky wrote:

Melbourne Storm - the club I assume you're referring to from the article - aren't a football club, they're a rugby team and have no other connections to the A League.

Thanks.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:07 pm

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/cockerill-opinion-display/Bring-on-Melbourne-City/84038
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:22 am

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 20m

The second was the £22.45m sale of other "intellectual property" to New York City & Melbourne Heart franchises & #mcfc ladies

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 19m

Essentially, NYC FC and Melbourne Heart etc are paying for services such as access to #mcfc scouting network and commercial database
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:52 am

dostoevsky wrote:Fitty be mad that NSW couldn't produce a winning State of choice team even if they did cheat.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Why dont they buy all the clubs in the world and call them oilclub1, oilclub2 etc. Would be fun, no
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:15 pm

sooo i'm guessing nobody's heard of ajax cape town?

if city bring over their training methods they used to develop one of the best, if not THE best academy in england it could benefit melbourne (and new york) a lot more than them... they're buying farm teams on the other end of the world, i don't know what you people are so angry about
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3