Raptorgunner
Jay29
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
10 posters

Go down

Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace Empty Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:08 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/nov_13/gun__1383560596_rosicky_chelsea.jpg

Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace
Sunday 2nd Feb: 16:00 BST
Emirates Stadium
Referee: J.Moss

How to sum it all up?

It's been a very interesting week. After the draw against Southampton where we most definitely played one of the worst football in recent times, all hopes were placed on the transfer window where we expected(rightly or wrongly) for some decent reinforcements to push for the title. However not everything goes according to plan and we couldn't get a striker better than what we have and neither a certain winger. We did end up signing a cover player for Ramsey and Flamini which I guess wasn't too bad. But the question is, what do we expect for the remaining of the season? We have some absolute massive fixtures coming up. Do we have a squad big enough for it? I would say yes. But Can we keep all of them fit? I would say no. As we can see already.
So how do we sum it all up? In my honest opinion, we don't need to fret yet. Every match changes the situation. Right now we are 2nd with a point behind City while few months ago we could have been 7 points clear. City will have a blip eventually and that will be our chance to take over them as long as we continue to be this consistent. We have CL coming up but without being cynic, I would just say that it's a matter of 2 matches. Take it however you want. 2 matches can be enough to take us to the quarter final or 2 matches will be enough for us to concentrate on the league.

Crystal Palace

Palace have had a very good run recently. Mainly because they signed Pulis and he has made them a very compact and solid unit. They are on a high and we all know how Pulis sides operate. They will make it difficult for us. It's a match we should be winning but I don't think it will be easy, specially with our injuries and lack of fitness amongst the players. They made some decent signings and we have to be at our best because 3 points in these games makes all the difference. City go away to Chelsea and we will be top of the league again after winning against palace. Whatever happens in the Monday night game will be advantage arsenal in every way.

Team News

For Arsenal, Kallstrom is injured but was never going to play anyways while Ramsey and Wilshere are out as well. Wilshere should be back against Liverpool. Ramsey will take another month. Flamini is banned for 4 games. Rosicky is back though.

For Palace, Goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey goes straight into Crystal Palace's squad for Sunday after signing from Wolves. Jonny Parr remains a doubt with concussion, while Jerome Thomas and Kagisho Dikgacoi are still injured.

Probable Arsenal Team

-----------------------------------------Szczesny------------------------------------
Sagna------------------Mertesacker-------------------Koscielny----------------Gibbs
-----------------------------------------Arteta--------------------------------------
---------------------------Oxlade---------------------------------------------------
Cazorla---------------------------------Ozil------------------------------Podolski
-----------------------------Giroud-------------------------------------------------

Probable Crystal Palace Team

--------------------------------Speroni--------------------------------------------
Mariappa----------------Gabbidon----------Ward-----------------------Delaney
Moxey-------------- Bolasie------------------Jedinak---------------Puncheon
------------------------------Jerome-------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------Chamakh---------------------------------

Match Facts (BBC)

Head-to-head

• Arsenal are looking to complete a first league double over the Eagles since the inaugural Premier League season of 1992-93.
  • Palace's only league win in 14 trips to Arsenal (D6, L7) came 20 years ago, John Salako scoring twice in a 2-1 victory in October 1994.

Arsenal

• Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 10 games in all competitions at the Emirates, including seven in the Premier League. The last side to beat them were Chelsea in the League Cup at the end of October.
  • Arsene Wenger's side have not conceded a goal at the Emirates in 456 minutes in all competitions since Gerard Deulofeu's equaliser for Everton in a 1-1 draw on 8 December.
  • The six league goals conceded by Arsenal at home this season is the lowest in the Premier League. Half of that tally came in the Gunners' 3-1 opening day defeat by Aston Villa.
  • No player has scored the first goal of a Premier League match on more occasions this season than Olivier Giroud (six).
  • The Gunners have failed to score a first-half goal in six of their last seven league matches. Their 2-1 win at Aston Villa was the exception.

Crystal Palace

• Crystal Palace have taken 16 points from a possible 33 since Tony Pulis took charge at the end of November (W5, D1, L5).
  • Palace have lost four of their last five away matches, and not scored in three of them. Their sole victory during this period came at Aston Villa on Boxing Day.
  • Crystal Palace have scored just five away goals in this season's Premier League, fewer than any other team.
  • The Eagles have failed to score in 11 league games, and scored more than once on only two occasions this campaign.
  • Jason Puncheon has scored the last three goals for the Eagles.

Final Say

Pls win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Will be tougher than expected. Want and expect to see team RG posted.

3 points and draw at Etihad pls
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Palace are on a decent run and aren't conceding much as of late, so I don't expect this to be a high scoring win. I think they'll come and set-up very defensively and won't show much in the way of attacking intent, so it'll be one of those games where we have to make something happen while ensuring we don't leave ourselves open at the back.

I very much expect a win, though, especially after the Southampton game. With any luck, whatever had us start that game so badly won't effect us this time, and we play with some actual energy. It's another chance to put the pressure on City and Chelsea so we can't afford any more dropped points in these sorts of games.

I expect Gnabry will start over Podolski because, well, it's Podolski and he's not allowed to play any more. Suspect it may be Rosicky who comes into central midfield over Chamberlain, but wouldn't be surprised if we did see Ox there. Hopefully Cazorla and Giroud can continue their good form.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Nice work RG.

The return of useless Chamakh. :whistle: 

Anything less than 3 points, there could be a riot at Emirates. eco smile 

Wenger please put your ego aside and play Podolski.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
I expect Gnabry will start over Podolski because, well, it's Podolski and he's not allowed to play any more.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:04 pm

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
I expect Gnabry will start over Podolski because, well, it's Podolski and he's not allowed to play any more.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:36 am

Good work RG
their clean sheet record been solid since pulis took over
and have won 7 of the 9 games they opened the scoring!

last season vs stoke it was very well heading for 0-0 before deflected  free kick
hope we have a strong start and no gaffe at that

COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:01 am

great preview..
cant afford to drop points in such games and hope to challenge for the title..

i hope to see Poldi starting and Cazorla shifted right.. with Rosicky/Ox partnering Arteta.. but i know Wenger will keep playing Cazorla at LW and snub Poldi..

our attack has been poor ever since Ramsey went down.. without pace and players who pose a genuine goal threat our attack is toothless.. only thing which was making us score goals was the interchanging game with runs into the box.. with Ramsey and Wilshere down, no one does that..
i find attacks of midtable clubs more sharper than us.. just some pace and directness atleast.. with Wengers reluctance not to play Poldi and allowing Gnabry and Cazorla to move in always, i dont think we will ever score goals comfortably against decent teams.. being league leaders cant believe how we struggled to score against Fulham, the team with the worst defence in the league..
so i expect Pulis Palace to defend well and frustrate us.. though in the end we may nick one or two in.. so we are in for another toothless not fully convincing 2-0 unless we concede..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

I just hope we win!
Don't care who starts, and who doesn't.
El Gunner
El Gunner