Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Gil
40 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 4 Empty Re: Thierry Henry Announces Retirement

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:05 am

So stubborn Laughing

Proud

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 4 Empty Re: Thierry Henry Announces Retirement

Post by RED Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 am

farfan wrote:
RED wrote:Legend. Knew from when I first saw him play at the WC 98 that he was going to be a special player. Also comes across as a top pundit, would love it if Sky hired him.

and there it is !

the classic " i knew it back then " hipster comment .

i'm pretty sure you predicted that henry would become one of the games best strikers when you saw him play as a left winger against saudi arabia .

Nah I legit thought he was going to be great. Whether you believe me or not, I couldn't give a ****.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:57 am

Honestly I have never seen anyone score nicer goals than Henry. Even Messi.

The guy scores these wonder goals that make you go WUT???

Some of his best goals are the most aesthetically pleasing goals you will ever see. They had flair and 'wow factor', something you don't see as much with Messi/CR7's goals.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:07 am

my favourite commercial

By pops introduced me to the PL. He is a West Ham suppoter. Being a kid who was used to watching Vince Carter tear shit up  on a nightly basis for my beloved raps, it was safe to say that I was not taken by what I  saw on tv (atleast not watchign west freaking ham Laughing ).  Soccer (yes thats what I called it then) was just a novelty thing which connected me to the island where my father was born and raised.

I had bought Fifa 99 and casually picked Arsenal because well  they had the best stats  and I just so happen to recognize the guy in the front cover from the previous world cup.
Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 4 Fifa99_psxbox

You could say that I became a casual fan.... and then this happened!

From that moment on,  I think I  truly became a Supporter of the club.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:08 am

One of those players that's just impossible to hate. What a player. What a career.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:Best striker in PL era ever imo.

Not even a debate.
But Aguero has a better minutes per goal ratio and arguably scored the most important goal of the PL era hmm

you're kidding , right ? you're reaching Rwo power levels of national bias here . Laughing

PS someone should dig up those "Arsenal should have sold him a year earlier to Barca" comments when he transfered.

and this would be relevant to the question of whether Henry is the best striker of the PL era or not , how ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:my favourite commercial

By pops introduced me to the PL. He is a West Ham suppoter. Being a kid who was used to watching Vince Carter tear shit up  on a nightly basis for my beloved raps, it was safe to say that I was not taken by what I  saw on tv (atleast not watchign west freaking ham Laughing ).  Soccer (yes thats what I called it then) was just a novelty thing which connected me to the island where my father was born and raised.

I had bought Fifa 99 and casually picked Arsenal because well  they had the best stats  and I just so happen to recognize the guy in the front cover from the previous world cup.
Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 4 Fifa99_psxbox

You could say that I became a casual fan.... and then this happened!

From that moment on,  I think I  truly became a Supporter of the club.

great commercial Very Happy

p.s. Fifa 99 Unreal game :bow: :bow: :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:37 pm

One of the most intelligent and talented strikers .

Headers aside , he had everything needed from IQ , talent and physicality , finishing out of this world , but i always described Henry as intelligent , before anything else. You could tell the dude knew what he was doing , you could tell he tried to be 1 step ahead , succeeded almost anywhere he played.. even many of his extreme attempts on goal became classics . Who didn't want Henry for his team? 9 out of 10 fans would . And best of all , you can't come up with the stuff Henry scored in his day Proud 

Legendary player , everyone liked Henry regardless of their team , which speaks volumes. As far as things in his homeland go , i don't have anything to say . I believe real fans of football see Henry as he deserves. Like the legend he is.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Pretty sure BC was joking lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:17 pm

farfan wrote:you're kidding , right ? you're reaching Rwo power levels of national bias here . Laughing

Calma

Thierry Henry Announces Retirement - Page 4 Photo

M99 wrote:Pretty sure BC was joking lol.
M99 always gets me Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:52 pm

My 2nd favorite striker in the early/mid 2000s after Shevchenko.

Had so much swagger when he played. Henry Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Red has some serious, Wenger-esque scouting abilities to see "something special" in Henry during WC 98. Probably saw him during his Monaco days, heard he was quite legit.

Nonetheless, one of those rare players you can't help but love and appreciate even with that arrogant, French swagger that is annoying to say the very least. Legendary footballer, Serie A flop.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Doc wrote:Red has some serious, Wenger-esque scouting abilities to see "something special" in Henry during WC 98. Probably saw him during his Monaco days, heard he was quite legit.

Nonetheless, one of those rare players you can't help but love and appreciate even with that arrogant, French swagger that is annoying to say the very least. Legendary footballer, Serie A flop.

it's curious to think Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira had same analogy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Wenger got 2 of our greatest players from Serie A. But he never went back to Serie A again since. No idea why.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wenger got 2 of our greatest players from Serie A. But he never went back to Serie A again since. No idea why.

3*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Vito_Mannone.jpg/320px-Vito_Mannone.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Well how many world class players have been in Italy since then?
Kaka
Chiellini, maybe?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Since 98? Probably 40+ at least. Serie A was a top 2 league back in those days
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:48 pm

and why including Chiellini among few " top players  " ?  hmm
It is as saying  " EPL has product just 2 top players in these last years , Hazard and Koscienly " .

for example first Chelsea of Abramovich signed them.... Crespo , Shevchenko , Veron ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 pm

I think Chiellini is a top player hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:Well how many world class players have been in Italy since then?
Kaka
Chiellini, maybe?

Lol what a Premface comment. He bought Henry on 99. Do you seriously want a list of world class players since then Laughing The guy who has been carrying your club this season is a Serie A product.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 am

Considering Gunner's age, pretty sure it's just him not being totally aware than being a premface. Serie A was truly the best league in the world during the 90s.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:20 am

Yeah Doc, but we're talking about the turn of the decade here, 00s (after Henry came to us)
Probably a dumb post with no deep thought behind it, I admit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4