Lex
REWB
EL Patron
El Gunner
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:19 pm

ffs why so much sense Jay ffs

Edited the title.

disagree about the Giroud bit but you are right with the rest.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal

Post by 6unner Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm

No proper wingers or striker and he best CAM in the world will look bad. Ozil is not there to get goals he is there to create them. If the quality is not around them they will always look bad. Currently we are lacking the players and tactics.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 pm

We should just play without a striker. 6 midfielders. Giroud is useless
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 pm

I don't remember who but someone said that We weren't going to miss Theo because if was the tactics that made him good. Gnabry was supposed to replace him easily  :facepalm: 
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Rant mode so sorry for foul language

We did little to deserve a win, MU was shit but hey at least they freaking hit a post. There's nothing much to say about the defense since they had little to do today but god damn, our forward play was so *bleep* slow and out of idea, my new painted wall would dry faster than our attack.

There were several occasions, Ozil busted forward looking for counter attack, stunned by the marvelous sight of Giroud competing bravely against freaking Vidic in a contest who's slowest on the pitch and forced to side pass. We all should stop blaming Ozil now, he was frustrated gazing at the stand looking for his partners in crime, Ramsey and Theo. I missed Gervais, Aliadière those mediocre brain dead with little bit of pace.

Santi did better in the middle, I said it once and will do it again, he's better than Ozil for the middle role, not because he's better than Ozil. No no no, it's because in this Arsenal team, the dude in a middle is required to hold on to the ball, occasionally one two (thing that Ozil is not as good at) and most importantly SHOOT.

And Jack, my Jack. I'm not sure who he's trying to impress, a center midfielder thinking he could out dribble Messi. Lucky for him & me, the *bleep* hit the post or else I would send him a bill from laptop repair shop tomorrow.

But above all, Wenger. He needs to break this mental block that he has against MU, this is not SAF anymore mate, this is Moyes, merchant of hoofball and crosses. Have some desire, pressure them, put them in panic mode, who freaking care about this MU attack threat, I'm guaranteed we would get a draw if Squid and Miguel paired up today. Sub in I don't know, Poldos *bleep* ki, Bendtner, Sanogo, anyone, rally the players so they don't side pass at 92th minute >.<

Jay and Lex. It's a the way it is until the at least Ramsey or Theo back, we won't magically have pace and penetration next week or two. Also it's Wenger mentality, all i want is playing less cautious and use some sub when things went stain. Lots of if and but, imagine the *bleep* hit right into the net, ah the outcry. Fulham scored 2 goals against this MU and might i say had more chances than us.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Ozil definitely stepped up not just offensively but defensively tonight which is the only positive.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 pm

btw how good was Gibbs?

Such a fantastic defender. I highly doubt we would have conceded 11 goals between City and Liverpool with him at LB. He is a rock.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Wenger should have bought Higuain... he made a grave, grave mistake there. You can't be a top team anywhere without a top level finisher. Juve do it because they are so dominant in the midfield... but that comes back to haunt them in CL.

Guess what now... Cavani came out and said that he talked to Suarez and, if Liverpool make CL, he has no intention of leaving. As a result, Benzema is going nowhere (he's playing very well right now to boot with 17 goals and 7 since the start of the CY).

That leaves literally no quality CF opportunities for the summer. None. Maybe Costa... but do you really want to pay 60 mil for Costa? He's come back down to earth btw.

Only hope is that RVP wants to leave and that Man U are willing to sell to Arsenal. But i doubt it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Bénin wrote:I don't remember who but someone said that We weren't going to miss Theo because if was the tactics that made him good. Gnabry was supposed to replace him easily  :facepalm: 

Haha I remember that fool...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Rather stick with Giroud than lay out the welcome mat for RVPrick
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:ffs guys chill out a bit.

I'm probably the only one who thought Giroud had a decent game overall, for the little he got in the way of service. He got one good chance and he was unfortunate not to get on the end of it; believe me, better strikers can still struggle to get on the end chances like those.

Other than that, it wasn't him that was the problem. It's not his fault he's not blessed with pace, and he's hardly going to take people on with the ball. Clearly, the problem was the same problem we've had for many games this season: no pace + no runners = no penetration. How many times did Ozil get on the ball, run with it up field only to find there's one player and about seven United players with him? Or that everyone else is standing around and not breaking into the box and beyond United's backline?

It's the same old story tonight. The other team comes and sets up defensively and we can't create any decent scoring opportunities because we just don't have the penetration in our team. This is the limpest Arsenal attack I've seen since 08/09 when we were playing Song and Denilson together in midfield and Diaby on the left flank. It sound so contradictory but playing five playmakers is counter-intuitive towards playing good, attacking football.

I don't buy this "no hunger to win" bullshit some people are peddling. A team with no hunger doesn't go on to dominate the 2nd half like we did in this game. If anything, there was a fear of losing the game, just like against Chelsea. I know it's a different situation with United not being title contenders and all, but it's still a big game, and losing two big games on the bounce would have been a major, major blow mentally. I don't like that approach, personally. I want to see Arsenal be brave in these situations and get the win when we need it most, but it's the reason why the first half was such a tense affair, why we simply passed the ball around the back in the final three minutes instead of lumping it long and why Wenger only made one change, and that was after 70 minutes.

It's a major disappointed to only take a point off this United team this season, and a bigger disappointment that we didn't go back top. But there will be other chances. How many of us thought Chelsea would drop points to West Brom last night? How many thought City would drop points against Norwich? There are absolutely no certainties this season. None of the title contenders will run away with it.

Our next three games are Swansea, Stoke and Sunderland in whatever order, two of which are at home. Nine points are an absolute must, and so is finding a way to make our attack more dangerous. If we don't win those games, then I think it'll be fine to freak out. As it is, I'm still fully behind this team.

We won't get 9 out 9 i can assure you.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Wenger should have bought Higuain...  he made a grave, grave mistake there.  You can't be a top team anywhere without a top level finisher.  Juve do it because they are so dominant in the midfield...  but that comes back to haunt them in CL.  

Guess what now...  Cavani came out and said that he talked to Suarez and, if Liverpool make CL, he has no intention of leaving.  As a result, Benzema is going nowhere (he's playing very well right now to boot with 17 goals and 7 since the start of the CY).  

That leaves literally no quality CF opportunities for the summer.  None.  Maybe Costa... but do you really want to pay 60 mil for Costa?  He's come back down to earth btw.  

Only hope is that RVP wants to leave and that Man U are willing to sell to Arsenal.  But i doubt it.

there are good strikers out there, maybe not known, but they are out there.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Wenger should have bought Higuain...  he made a grave, grave mistake there.  

I've said this from the moment Wenger went for the racist biter... we should've signed Higuain - a player who is a class striker, a hard worker and WANTED to come here. Instead we ignored him, because Wenger had dreams about the racist *bleep*.

But it's pointless talking about it now, guess we'll have to wait a bit more to sign a striker (it's been 2 years now) or settle with someone like Draxler.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Heh if we had gotten that racist *bleep*, we'd probably be top right now
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Guess what, we didn't. But we could've got Higuain and be top of the table now, maybe top of the CL group aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 pm

The defence, in general, was very good. Szczesny pulled out a world class save to deny van Persie. Our entire season has been based on the back five being so solid and not conceding stupid goals against lesser opposition. The clean sheet would have done them a lot of good after that Liverpool game.

At this point, I'd be starting Chamberlain or Gnabry most games, just for the pace they have. I had reservations before because of their inexperience, but experience isn't what's going to break teams down. Get one of them in on the right hand side.

If we want to be really radical, we can try this in some games:

Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Cazorla - Arteta - Ozil

Chamberlain - Giroud - Podolski

Consinderably more open set-up and not one I'd go with from the start, but I recall similar shape doing wonders against West Ham and we create a crap-tonne of chances.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm

If I was you I'd rather play with 10 men without a striker than take van Persie back.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:16 pm

looks like he can at least run in behind a defense, which is what we need right now. give him a shot. might not be amazing but he at least gives us a bit more pace than giroud, which is what we need in big games.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 pm

The kneejerking :bow:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:27 pm

Yaya Sanogo is too raw to start in big games, but I would try Lord Bendtner against Liverpool. It's probably going to end up in disappointment but we need to rotate and try different things in big matches and continue with Giroud against Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 pm

REWB wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Wenger should have bought Higuain...  he made a grave, grave mistake there.  You can't be a top team anywhere without a top level finisher.  Juve do it because they are so dominant in the midfield...  but that comes back to haunt them in CL.  

Guess what now...  Cavani came out and said that he talked to Suarez and, if Liverpool make CL, he has no intention of leaving.  As a result, Benzema is going nowhere (he's playing very well right now to boot with 17 goals and 7 since the start of the CY).  

That leaves literally no quality CF opportunities for the summer.  None.  Maybe Costa... but do you really want to pay 60 mil for Costa?  He's come back down to earth btw.  

Only hope is that RVP wants to leave and that Man U are willing to sell to Arsenal.  But i doubt it.

there are good strikers out there, maybe not known, but they are out there.

Problems is these are not the times for bargain hunting. Sign an unknown striker and the fans will start a riot at the Emirates
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Ozil was decent but he never has a shot on goal, with Theo and Ramsey off. We need players to take charge in front of goals, I appreciate him being unselfish but there are instances where you have to be selfish. Even Hleb would have a go at goals ffs

Are you saying that Özil should do both the shots AND the passes? He's not a machine, he puts in a plate for you if you get in a good position but the other players have no movement, no ability to get infront of goal, we play with 5 midfielders yet create 2-3 chances per game - it's simply not good enough for a title challenging team.

Cesc was easily doing that, chipping in with assists and goals. Ozil is unselfish which is not a bad thing for the players in the team but being too unselfish can also hurt the team when attacking
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Ozil scored when he 1st arrived also so it's not like he's shy to shoot but that's common thing for a midfield when they join Arsenal. Start taking less shots, lots of passing and attempt to walk into penalty box, we've seen this before.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm so pissed. I watched this shit on my phone during class today. Such a waste of freaking time

We are never beating united again. Even Fulham puts two past them. Darren freaking bent scores stoppage time goals against them... "There's no one available better than giroud.." Bullshit

Please no on say why I'm wrong. Just let me be mad ffs
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Fail of the match, Wenger, Jack and Giroud. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: 

Only Wenger would keep a scorer on the bench for a useless player, who cant even out run a old CB. :facepalm: 

What a shit game, dont tell me we bossed the second half, so *bleep* what, United still had better chance to win the game. United was not scare of us they just didn't give a shit.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 am

Twoism wrote:Ozil scored when he 1st arrived also so it's not like he's shy to shoot but that's common thing for a midfield when they join Arsenal. Start taking less shots, lots of passing and attempt to walk into penalty box, we've seen this before.

Ramsey wants to score unlike the other so called attacking midfielders in front of him, Wenger should be setting all the attacking midfielders targets. All attacking midfielder must score at least ten goals before christmas  :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum