Lex
REWB
EL Patron
El Gunner
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Feb - 16:33:37

Giroud - We gave the right reaction
"I think we had a good reaction after the bad result against Liverpool," the Frenchman told Arsenal Player. "I think it's a good draw to be honest even if we could have scored at the end. It was maybe just about our confidence.

"We did well in the first half especially but after we looked a bit tired. It's OK, we had a good reaction on the pitch and I think that's the most important thing even if we wanted to win this game.

"I'm confident for the remaining games and we'll know a bit more about our future after Liverpool and Bayern [Munich] because we want to play in every competition."

What reaction? you played a team who didnot give a shit and still didnot do shit.

Arteta - We can take a lot of positives
“We threw absolutely everything up front to try to win it and we created most of the chances and played really well in the second half - we really dominated,” the vice-captain said.

You didn't throw nothing, if you wanted to win your Manager would have sent the best finisher he has ever seen to win the game(podolski). rofl

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu 13 Feb - 16:48:51; edited 2 times in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal

Post by EL Patron Thu 13 Feb - 16:34:27

MJGunner wrote:Well, we'll see what's what after our next 3 PL games. We haven't even hit the brunt of our difficult fixtures yet.

The title will be won or lost when we play City at home and Chelsea away (under the assumption that we get close to maximum points vs the lower teams)

Imagine winning the league while beating them Petrol dollar teams  Thumbs up 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Feb - 16:42:58

EL Patron wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Well, we'll see what's what after our next 3 PL games. We haven't even hit the brunt of our difficult fixtures yet.

The title will be won or lost when we play City at home and Chelsea away (under the assumption that we get close to maximum points vs the lower teams)

Imagine winning the league while beating them Petrol dollar teams  Thumbs up 

If we end up winning the league it would be the greatest accomplishment in the history of the game. Shocked 

For this to happen, Wenger must want to win the game and put his ego aside and if a player is not playing well give others a chance.
Wenger by now must realize no mater how much game time he will give Giroud he wont get better, he is only getting worse.
Bendtner must be given a chance, after all he knows the Arsenal system better than Giroud. Bendtner is faster and has one of the best headers in the game.

If we the fans can see this I am sure Wenger sees it better, but I feel he wants to prove us wrong by gambling.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu 13 Feb - 16:49:26; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 13 Feb - 16:45:21

I think Wenger said Poldi is the 'best finisher he has', not 'has ever seen'  hmm
edit:You're right, I'm wrong.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 13 Feb - 16:47:29

Hapless_Hans wrote:I think Wenger said Poldi is the 'best finisher he has', not 'has ever seen'  hmm 

At Arsenal playing upfront is just not about finishing or else we would have signed just about any striker in the market  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:00:12

After a long good rest( had like 2 hours of sleep in the last 40 hours before last night) I think I have regained my senses hmm

Anyways, 1st half was dire. It was as expected after conceding 5 goals. Arsenal were too cautious and when RVP nearly scored in the 2nd minute. We lost all the belief we had of going forward.

2nd half after Arsene's team talk we were much better. Specially the last 30 minutes we really should have scored but Vidic turned into prime Vidic and De Gea was really good.

As Jay said before, no one is going to walk the PL this season so you can expect others to drop points too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu 13 Feb - 17:02:50

Af this rate I'm worried about our attack/score next 3 games let alone Chelsea and City
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:10:13

Against Liverpool we need to bench Arteta first of all. He might just need a rest but he needs to be off for a bit.

Flamini-Wilshere will work better but Flamini-Zelalem can work well too :coffee:

Podolski will 100% start at LW. Won't mind Cazorla at CAM with Ozil rested but Arsene will probably start Ozil anyways. Gnabry/Oxlade at RW.

same back 4 as always.

Sanogo upfront.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 13 Feb - 17:18:06

RG

That Flamini and Wilshere Combo is more scary than the Arteta and Flamini one  Laughing 

Gnabry will probably have a stormer and Sanogo will poop on Kolo and Skittles.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:21:05

RealGunner wrote:After a long good rest( had like 2 hours of sleep in the last 40 hours before last night) I think I have regained my senses hmm

Anyways, 1st half was dire. It was as expected after conceding 5 goals. Arsenal were too cautious and when RVP nearly scored in the 2nd minute. We lost all the belief we had of going forward.

2nd half after Arsene's team talk we were much better. Specially the last 30 minutes we really should have scored but Vidic turned into prime Vidic and De Gea was really good.

As Jay said before, no one is going to walk the PL this season so you can expect others to drop points too.

RG the only reason Vidic turned in to prime Vidic was because he had nothing to do other than just walking backwards while Giroud was running at him.

I remember Diego Forlán once said if you want to get better at passing practice with a wall, if you hit the wall and the ball comes back to you, you are doing it right and the wall is Giroud for us.

Giroud has cost us the league, its still not too late to change, but we need some accountability form Wenger. Why is it when we can win the game he keeps 2 subs on the bench?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:23:52

EL Patron wrote:RG

That Flamini and Wilshere Combo is more scary than the Arteta and Flamini one  Laughing 

I don't think we have ever had problems with a Wilshere-Flamini duo?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 13 Feb - 17:27:40

RealGunner wrote:

They are both in awful form at the moment, did you see Jack against Liverpool and Yanited ?. I can see us struggling to control the game and maintain possession. Might as well play Arteta because he is suspended against Munich.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:28:10

Samuelj29060 wrote:Giroud v Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd:

P14 (Started 10) Scored 1

only one win against the top four in TWO seasons. Not good enough for Wenger.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu 13 Feb - 17:40:43; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 13 Feb - 17:38:05

Agger is back fit and is starting on Sunday.

Agent Kolo on the bench Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu 13 Feb - 17:41:48

RealGunner wrote:

Flamshere played vs Newcastle-Fulham&A.Villa
where we could dominate get our goal and then contain and play deep
any decent team will will find it easy to play through it  :brickwall:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:48:19

EL Patron wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

They are both in awful form at the moment, did you see Jack against Liverpool and Yanited ?.  I can see us struggling to control the game and maintain possession. Might as well play Arteta because he is suspended against Munich.

Wilshere is always bad when he isn't fully fit. He has had 2 matches now so expect him to be good next game. Flamini can't be any worse than Arteta.

It's either Arteta-Oxlade, Arteta-Flamini, Oxlade-Flamini, Wilshere-Oxlade, Wilshere-Flamini.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 13 Feb - 17:56:05

Yeah, not even going to bother with some of the diatribes in here. Never knew being a point off the top of the table was such a bad thing, but apparently it is.

For the Liverpool game, I can see Arteta and Flamini starting together. Flamini will likely play so he can be ready for Bayern, since Arteta is suspended for the first leg, and I think Wenger will be tempted to give Wilshere a breather after two tough games in short succession. From there, I think it'll be Cazorla, Ozil, Chamberlain and Giroud, but I'd consider giving games to Rosicky and Bendtner in place of our two most overplayed players Ozil and Giroud.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 13 Feb - 17:59:20

EL Patron wrote:
REWB wrote:we are not going to score much for the rest of this season, get used to it

We haven't been scoring much this season to be honest, Dominate possession and score two goals then lock. The new "Arsenal way"  :coffee: 
What's wrong with that? If someone offered me that scenario, guaranteed, for every game left in the PL, I'd, in turn, offer him my bollocks on a silver platter, pink bow on the top and all
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 13 Feb - 18:00:20

It hurt my soul deeply to see our bench stocked with a wide array of talent that could shake up the game and, yet, not be used
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 13 Feb - 18:01:04

Imagine the feels in here if we were in United's position Laughing No doubt someone would legit commit suicide
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu 13 Feb - 18:01:20

I don't think it's fair how people are on Girouds back so much without crediting him for leading the line virtually alone. Most top clubs have two or more strikers to relieve them and bring out the best in each other through competition. Not to mention how tiring it is to play every match.

Last edited by MJGunner on Thu 13 Feb - 18:02:35; edited 1 time in total
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Feb - 18:01:53

GoonerJay29 wrote:Yeah, not even going to bother with some of the diatribes in here. Never knew being a point off the top of the table was such a bad thing, but apparently it is.

For the Liverpool game, I can see Arteta and Flamini starting together. Flamini will likely play so he can be ready for Bayern, since Arteta is suspended for the first leg, and I think Wenger will be tempted to give Wilshere a breather after two tough games in short succession. From there, I think it'll be Cazorla, Ozil, Chamberlain and Giroud, but I'd consider giving games to Rosicky and Bendtner in place of our two most overplayed players Ozil and Giroud.

I would play Gnabry at RW. Forgot Arteta is suspended for the Bayern game so he will probably start against Liverpool. Flamini-Arteta are not the best of duos but it makes the most sense.

Arteta-Oxlade another option but Arsene might not risk taking that gamble.

Podolski-Cazorla-Gnabry-Bendtner front 4? hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 13 Feb - 18:08:40

Lex wrote:
EL Patron wrote:
REWB wrote:we are not going to score much for the rest of this season, get used to it

We haven't been scoring much this season to be honest, Dominate possession and score two goals then lock. The new "Arsenal way"  :coffee: 
What's wrong with that? If someone offered me that scenario, guaranteed, for every game left in the PL, I'd, in turn, offer him my bollocks on a silver platter, pink bow on the top and all

I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest, we are one point off the top and we have defended well this season so its working  banana

Last edited by EL Patron on Thu 13 Feb - 18:08:56; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Feb - 18:08:46

MJGunner wrote:I don't think it's fair how people are on Girouds back so much without crediting him for leading the line virtually alone. Most top clubs have two or more strikers to relieve them and bring out the best in each other through competition. Not to mention how tiring it is to play every match.

Shooting accuracy of 32% from his 73 shots(23 on target)
10 goals from 24 games
Conversion rate: 14 %
13 clear cut chances missed(not included ManUtd)
No other striker in the Premier League has missed more ‘big chances’ than Giroud this season.

Any decent striker would have been top scorer in the league playing for this Arsenal squad.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu 13 Feb - 18:14:24; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu 13 Feb - 18:12:39

Raptorgunner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:I don't think it's fair how people are on Girouds back so much without crediting him for leading the line virtually alone. Most top clubs have two or more strikers to relieve them and bring out the best in each other through competition. Not to mention how tiring it is to play every match.

10 goals from 24 games
No other striker in the Premier League has missed more ‘big chances’ than Giroud this season.

How is that in line with anything I just said? I can throw stats that would surprise you as well but that's beside the point.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Feb - 18:17:11

MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

10 goals from 24 games

How is that in line with anything I just said? I can throw stats that would surprise you as well but that's beside the point.

I know what you said, and I agree with you on that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next