Lex
REWB
EL Patron
El Gunner
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:I don't think it's fair how people are on Girouds back so much without crediting him for leading the line virtually alone. Most top clubs have two or more strikers to relieve them and bring out the best in each other through competition. Not to mention how tiring it is to play every match.

Shooting accuracy of 32% from his 73 shots(23 on target)
10 goals from 24 games
Conversion rate: 14 %
13 clear cut chances missed(not included ManUtd)
No other striker in the Premier League has missed more ‘big chances’ than Giroud this season.

How is that in line with anything I just said? I can throw stats that would surprise you as well but that's beside the point.

I know what you said, and I agree with you on that.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Manchester United: Toothless Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:35 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10636262/Arsenal-supporters-need-to-cheer-up-they-are-not-doing-enough-to-help-their-team-in-title-race.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Given Arteta is suspended for Bayern 1st leg, we should see him against Liverpool.

Think we'll see:

Fabianski; Jenkinson Koscielny Vermaelen Monreal; Arteta Chamberlain; Gnabry Cazorla Podolski; Bendtner
--
Viviano, Mertesacker, Sagna, Flamini, Rosicky, Ozil, Giroud

Or something like this.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10637412/Arsene-Wenger-expected-to-risk-rotation-for-Arsenals-FA-Cup-fifth-round-clash-against-Liverpool.html
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:47 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10637412/Arsene-Wenger-expected-to-risk-rotation-for-Arsenals-FA-Cup-fifth-round-clash-against-Liverpool.html

I wonder what Wengers favorite son is going to think of not playing a game? I am sure Giroud would at least have a shot on target one of these games.
Telegraph are just guessing again, they should leave this for summer transfer window. There is no way Wenger is going to change the line up, how else is he going to injure the players?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 pm

MJGunner wrote:I don't think it's fair how people are on Girouds back so much without crediting him for leading the line virtually alone. Most top clubs have two or more strikers to relieve them and bring out the best in each other through competition. Not to mention how tiring it is to play every match.
is that a credit to Giroud or failure on part of Wenger ?
he should atleast try different options when it has been clear that this is no working against anything more than average teams..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
is that a credit to Giroud or failure on part of Wenger ?
he should atleast try different options when it has been clear that this is no working against anything more than average teams..

Wenger“We have rotated quite well, if you look at the number of players we have used. I have the same level of confidence in every player.

He said this today, not sure if serious. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:40 pm

I just want to throw this out there for people who throw stats... last year, Suarez scored 23 goals on 187 shots for Liverpool. That's 12,3%. He only got 72 of the 187 shots on target too... 38,5%.

The year before that, Suarez scored 11 on 128 shots in EPL for 8,6%.

Not comparing the two because Suarez is WC this season (overrated last year and before by a ton)... but you guys make it sound like Giroud is the worst thing and he's not. He's just a decent CF, nothing more.

Oh and btw, RVP scored 11 goals on 116 shots in EPL in 2008/2009 when he was 26 years old.

Arsenal has problems... but those problems are not just on one player. I personally feel that the duo Wilshere-Arteta is the biggest one + the fact that there's no other scorer out there other than Giroud.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:55 pm

+1^

It's the time of the season to scapegoat is all and it was bound to turn to Giroud if he hadn't scored 30 goals by now.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5