Doc
Catracho
Ganso
Onyx
EL Patron
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The decline of the South America talent pool - Page 2 Empty Re: The decline of the South America talent pool

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:06

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Funny how Nick is hating on Fred for the same reasons he wanks over Costa only that Fred has done it at a higher level Laughing

You just know if Fred played in Lol Liga Nick would immediately make 3 cf lmao rofl
i am not hating tho, he is quality, very good poacher, would sign him to my team as back up CF anyday tbh.

dude, fred played like 5 games in some shitty summer tourney and he has people singing kumbaya. where is that scrub candevra that raped all of spain now? NT tourney surprises are so fickle.

and you are right, if fred was doing what he is doing in europe i would be rating him more, he is at that negredo level in a my great scale of CFs.

the claim that he is world class is just not worth my time

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:07; edited 1 time in total

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The decline of the South America talent pool - Page 2 Empty Re: The decline of the South America talent pool

Post by farfan Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:06

Mr Nick09 wrote:
farfan wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:world class striker rofl

@Chumlum, there is no point doing that, no one argue that they dont have world class players, but it's the depth of it being discussed.
still no arguments, heh ?

the joke here is that it's coming from someone who probably  thinks benzema is a world class stirker .
nah, i just stopped arguing with you because turns out i dont care about your opinion, and i dont care about convincing u to my point either.

stopped ? you didn't even start because you don't have anything  .

just admit you don't know shit about brazilian football and brazilan-based footballers and keep it moving .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:08

Are we all going to forget that Brazil does have a fantastic CF? He just happens to play for Spain eco smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:14

I think the only people who would take Diego over Fred are the people who dont even know what club Fred plays for.

Costa is a fraud, sooner or later he will show his true colors.and when he does, i will have my TS lifting the WC sig banana
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:19

Ganso wrote:I think the only people who would take Diego over Fred are the people who dont even know what club Fred plays for.

Costa is a fraud, sooner or later he will show his true colors.and when he does, i will have my TS lifting the WC sig banana
these claims are common among european fans who don't even watch the brazilian league , yet feel like they should comment on the players ability vis a vis european based players .

i have vivid memories of the 2002 world cup  and how many foreign  " analysts" felt that emesron's injury and the inclusion of  the unknown  Gilberto Silva  meant that brazil's midfield was in deep trouble  Laughing  not to mention their constant whining about jardel , sony anderson , and elber's omission from the squad and having brazilian-based players in their place .

how did that one end ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 13 Feb 2014, 21:45

Fred is world class, Costa is a fraud and way before this, Croatia is better than ALL South American teams.

2014 World Cup is gonna be awesome...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:15

The midfield of Paulinho-Gustavo is world class too... don't forget. They have fellow WC players Ramires and Lucas Leiva backing them up.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:17; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:16

I hope Fred is not world-class and won't do well at the WC, because it would give wrong encouragement to young South American players and the next thing we'll know we have someone called "Bob" winning the golden shoe in the 2018 World Cup.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:28

sportsczy wrote:The midfield of Paulinho-Gustavo is world class too... don't forget.  They have fellow WC players Ramires and Lucas Leiva backing them up.

what's your take on fred ? in his current form.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:30

Art Morte wrote:I hope Fred is not world-class and won't do well at the WC, because it would give wrong encouragement to young South American players and the next thing we'll know we have someone called "Bob" winning the golden shoe in the 2018 World Cup.
What wrong encouragement?The best thing that could happen would be Fred destroying every team at WC and encourage our young players to stay in our league and not go to some shithole like Ukraine or China.The last big thing from our league was Bernard and now he is sitting at Shakhtar's bench.I want "Bob" to play CF for my NT in 2018, not disappearing in some unknown league.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:31

Paulinho is so world class that he is competing for minutes with Bentaleb now Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:33

I don't see how South America as a whole is on decline..

Maybe Brazil because they haven't produced their usual 3+ Neymar's within the 5 year period.

but Columbia, Uruguay, Chile are all on a rise and many more as-well.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:34

Messi
+
Neymar
????
Profit

Europoors take another L.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:36

Mr Nick09 wrote:Paulinho is so world class that he is competing for minutes with Bentaleb now Proud
Paulinho has always started for Spurs  scratch 
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:37

Ganso wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I hope Fred is not world-class and won't do well at the WC, because it would give wrong encouragement to young South American players and the next thing we'll know we have someone called "Bob" winning the golden shoe in the 2018 World Cup.
What wrong encouragement?The best thing that could happen would be Fred destroying every team at WC and encourage our young players to stay in our league and not go to some shithole like Ukraine or China.The last big thing from our league was Bernard and now he is sitting at Shakhtar's bench.I want "Bob" to play CF for my NT in 2018, not disappearing in some unknown league.

lol how dare you use logic in this forum!!

Art is out of his mind, eurocentric beliefs is that if you're not in Europe, then you're not relevant. Sad people still think this. Giuliano and Vitinho would be killing it if they stayed home instead of venturing out to the middle of the tundra. Europe setting false examples for the world to see.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:40

Donuts wrote:I don't see how South America as a whole is on decline..

Maybe Brazil because they haven't produced their usual 3+ Neymar's within the 5 year period.

but Colombia, Uruguay, Chile are all on a rise and many more as-well.

I know right, I think the focus should be less on Brasil and Argentina (those two don't make up the whole of SA) and more on the fact that some of the other countries have been developing some fine talent.

As for this debate that seems to have Ganso in a frenzy, the WC would answer all those questions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:42

If you dont play in europe you are not relevant, that's a fact. unless you are a once in a generation player like nerman, we care a little, but you still end up moving to one of the elite leagues. That's where the best footy is played at the highest level, and the CL is the highest level of competition at a club.

if you aint there, you aint relevant.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:44

that irrelevant Fred tore apart Spain and Italy :wub:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:45

Doc wrote:
Donuts wrote:I don't see how South America as a whole is on decline..

but Colombia, Uruguay, Chile are all on a rise and many more as-well.

I know right, I think the focus should be less on Brasil and Argentina (those two don't make up the whole of SA) and more on the fact that some of the other countries have been developing some fine talent.

As for this debate that seems to have Ganso in a frenzy, the WC would answer all those questions.
THose teams have like one or two players that stand out, but not much more.

I would say that countries like Chile, Columbia, Uruguay, all caught up to the rest because the tactical level increased dramatically. Chile is the best example of this. coaching is up there in south america, so it makes a difference, football being a team game and all
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:51

You can count the number of teams Fred wouldnt start for in the world cup on one hand

1.Chile
2.Ivory Coast
3.Argentina
4.Germany
5. Italy

He'd easily start for the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:53

Its not a fact, you can be relevant if you play in SA.Everyone knows Fred.Everyone knew Neymar years before he went to Barcelona.If Fred was playing CL with Shakhtar, he wouldnt even be getting considered for the NT, just like every other scrub who plays there other than Bernanrd since he made his name at Atletico

If you mean relevant in terms of becoming world class and a top 5 footballer of course you wont do that at fluminense or santos but you cant say they are irrelevant because thats bollocks and we could see Fred being the primary example of that in a few months
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:55

Betty La Fea wrote:You can count the number of teams Fred wouldnt start for in the world cup on one hand

1.Chile
2.Ivory Coast
3.Argentina
4.Germany
5. Italy

He wouldnt start for any non SA NT because SA football is considered irrelevant outside of SA
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:57

Donuts wrote:that irrelevant Fred tore apart Spain and Italy :wub:

Being "irrelevant" doesn't mean Fred is a bad player to which, I would admit, he is a pretty good footballer. Nick didn't write madness, he actually has (some sort of) a point. The highest level of football is played in Europe, that is a fact.

However, Brasil and Brasilian clubs took a very admirable stand in that they wanted to keep their players, the good ones, home and have now started to go about business in that sort of fashion. I cannot, say the same for the other SA countries since I really have no idea.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 22:58

Ganso wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:You can count the number of teams Fred wouldnt start for in the world cup on one hand

1.Chile
2.Ivory Coast
3.Argentina
4.Germany
5. Italy

He wouldnt start for any non SA NT because SA football is considered irrelevant outside of SA  

I was speaking strictly from talent-wise(and emotional in the Ivory coast case)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 23:22

1.Chile
2.Ivory Coast
3.Argentina
4.Germany
5. Italy

Ok. I think it's time to dispel some notions about Fred...  he got benched by a 19 year old noob at Lyon and never recovered.  He was looking for another club in Europe, but nobody would take him because he got a repuatation for bad work ethic and an extravagant nightlife...

Not saying that's what he is now... but that's what he was up to 2009 when he turned 26.  In 87 Ligue 1 games, he scored 34 goals over 3,5 seasons at Lyon.

Fred is a poacher.  That's it.  If he has confidence, he can go on a streak.  But if he is on a cold spell, he's about as useless as it gets.  For Brazil NT, let's hope he's in form for the WC otherwise you might as well play someone else.

I like him because he's a good guy and has a talent for scoring goals.  But he is soooooo streaky and inconsistent.  That's the Fred i remember.  Maybe he's found consistency while playing at Fluminense.

Wonderful confed cup. But that was a big surprise to most i would think. I don't think anything he did before that tournament or since would lead one to believe that it's the norm for him. HOWEVER, he did it once so there's a chance he can do it again...

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 23:25; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 13 Feb 2014, 23:23

1.Chile
2.Ivory Coast
3.Argentina
4.Germany
5. Italy

No way he starts for Colombia and England.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next