Doc
Catracho
Ganso
Onyx
EL Patron
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The decline of the South America talent pool Empty The decline of the South America talent pool

Post by EL Patron Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Is it me or South America doesn't produce the amount of quality they used to produce back in the day. Before all the big sides would go do their shopping for the "next big thing" in South America. For example teams like Boca Junior or River plate produce the Aimar's, Saviola's and the Teve'z. Look at the current Brazil side, Fred is a starter  Laughing . In 2006 who would have thought that Fred would actually be leading the line for Brazil in a major tournament like the world cup

So what seems to be the problem ? is the South American talent pool dry or has Europe finally caught up with the South American in terms of producing young talent ?.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The decline of the South America talent pool Empty Re: The decline of the South America talent pool

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Nah, I'm sure there's plenty of talent still in Brazil who Porto/Shakhtar will sign. They probably just haven't reached the level to play for the A team yet. Argentina probably the same case, although I think there's more talent in Brazil.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The decline of the South America talent pool Empty Re: The decline of the South America talent pool

Post by EL Patron Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:36 pm

The ones you find in teams like Porto and Shaktar are good but not good enough. The likes of Hulk and Jo's for example. not a patch on the quality of Players Brazil had in yesteryears. Argentina have the same problem as well, you look beyond the front lines the rest of the team isn't as good as it used to be. Remember when they had the Veron, Riquelme now you have Pastore  Laughing.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Yeah, Fred, the same guy who ripped Spain and Italy apart.Shit CF.

And our talent pool is probably still better than Europe's.At least in attack its not even debatable

Last edited by Ganso on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Ganso wrote:Yeah, Fred, the same guy who ripped Spain and Italy apart.Shit CF.

And our talent pool is probably still better than Europe's.

at the moment

Not better than Spain, Germany and dare I say France  :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:46 pm

I meant South American pool.Messi,Suarez,Aguero,Thiago Silva,Neymar,Vidal,Falcao,Cavani etc the only lacking area is GK

And lol at France having a better talent pool than us.Talent pool means shit all in the WC btw if you dont have a team that can combine talent with a actual working system and the right mentality.*cough* Germany.Spain are past it, Argentina or Brazil will hammer them.Im more scared of Italy than Spain tbh
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

This thread is stupid. OP log out and never comeback plz.

There's plenty of promise and talent in South America.

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Yeah I never ever would rate Fred but South American talent pool is still pretty awesome.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 pm

fred? the guy who made chiellini  and ramos his bottom bitches ?

that guy sucks . not that i know anything about him , i'm just assuming because he doesn't play in  a ' major league "  Rolling Eyes

and in your place  , i'd worry about the non-existent talent pool in england before thinking about south america.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Weird thread. Talent pool is huge and stacked at nearly all positions.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Ganso wrote:Yeah, Fred, the same guy who ripped Spain and Italy apart.Shit CF.

And our talent pool is probably still better than Europe's.At least in attack its not even debatable

i just love how fred is used as a standard for just how far brazil have supposedly fallen without actually looking at the guy's performances with the team .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 pm

why are south american posters taking this as an offense? lol

they are certainly not stacked at every position, that's a lie. The only WC CM in all of south america is Vidal lol. Nowadays brazil producing a staggering amount of DMs, only country that can compete with France in that regard lol.

Where are the world class n10? wingers? those guys are counted in single digit inferior to 3, and that's if you think Oscar is an elite AM.

where are they elite CBs? elite GKs? NTgk Romero is being benched by some scrub at monaco.

there are still plenty of players, but not many of the highest quality playing in europe right now.

and fred is a glorified system player lmao. he is like llorente, if you leave him up there long enough he will end up scoring goals. He should be kissing Felipao's feet every day for giving him some relevance.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

he is like llorente, if you leave him up there long enough he will end up scoring goals.

This basically applies to every striker.. Laughing rofl
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

and fred is a glorified system player lmao. he is like llorente, if you leave him up there long enough he will end up scoring goals. He should be kissing Felipao's feet every day for giving him some relevance.

what is he supposed to do to prove he's world class and deserving of the number 9 spot ? NOT rape the spanish defense ? NOT rape the itlaian defense ? NOT showcase lethal finishing ability and instrinct ? because he did all of this in the last CFC .

the guy's only fault is not playing in a " top team " , and that's why some clueless fans criticize him.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Maybe the talent pool in South America hasn't declined, but the rest of the world has caught up? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 pm

farfan wrote:what is  he supposed to do to prove he's  world class and deserving of the number 9 spot ? NOT rape the spanish defense ? NOT rape the itlaian defense ?  NOT showcase lethal finishing ability and instrinct ?  because he did all of this in the last CFC .

the guy's only fault is not playing in a " top team " , and that's why some clueless fans criticize him.

you think that, just because Fred looked good in a summer tourney of no relevance against NT players that were tired and dehydrated by a scorching heat, i am going to rate him as elite? ridiculous. Since when does scoring vs spain or italy make u elite? man this is some bullshit.

If i go by your standards of rating players we need to erect statues for Asamoah Gyan and shabalalalalalalala
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Personally I'd like to see some people put up some mock South American All-Star XIs (plus sub benches) and see how they compare to European (or African) XIs.

Might be fun.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
farfan wrote:what is  he supposed to do to prove he's  world class and deserving of the number 9 spot ? NOT rape the spanish defense ? NOT rape the itlaian defense ?  NOT showcase lethal finishing ability and instrinct ?  because he did all of this in the last CFC .

you think that, just because Fred looked good in a summer tourney of no relevance against NT players that were tired and dehydrated by a scorching heat, i am going to rate him as elite? ridiculous. Since when does scoring vs spain or italy make u elite? man this is some bullshit.

If i go by your standards of rating players we need to erect statues for Asamoah Gyan and shabalalalalalalala

lol at those lame excuses justifying why spain and italy got raped.

i'm using the CFC games because they're probably the only matches where you had the chance to watch fred, you obviously don't watch the brazilian league.

if you did , you would've known why he's selected, and why he's a world class striker.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

world class striker rofl

@Chumlum, there is no point doing that, no one argue that they dont have world class players, but it's the depth of it being discussed.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:Maybe the talent pool in South America hasn't declined, but the rest of the world has caught up? hmm
Yeah this though I'd say "caught up" isn't really true. Europe > SA nowadays and it won't change anytime soon. And it'll be an european world champion in the summer. Don't hate, just wait  :coffee: 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:world class striker rofl

@Chumlum, there is no point doing that, no one argue that they dont have world class players, but it's the depth of it being discussed.
still no arguments, heh ?

the joke here is that it's coming from someone who probably thinks benzema is a world class stirker .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Fred? A World Class striker?

rofl

I suppose Adriano and Pato are also World Class.... Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Funny how Nick is hating on Fred for the same reasons he wanks over Costa only that Fred has done it at a higher level Laughing

You just know if Fred played in Lol Liga Nick would immediately make him top 3 cf lmao rofl

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 pm

farfan wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:world class striker rofl

still no arguments, heh ?

the joke here is that it's coming from someone who probably  thinks benzema is a world class stirker .
nah, i just stopped arguing with you because turns out i dont care about your opinion, and i dont care about convincing u to my point either.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Funny how Nick is hating on Fred for the same reasons he wanks over Costa only that Fred has done it at a higher level Laughing

You just know if Fred played in Lol Liga Nick would immediately make 3 cf lmao rofl
i am not hating tho, he is quality, very good poacher, would sign him to my team as back up CF anyday tbh.

dude, fred played like 5 games in some shitty summer tourney and he has people singing kumbaya. where is that scrub candevra that raped all of spain now? NT tourney surprises are so fickle.

and you are right, if fred was doing what he is doing in europe i would be rating him more, he is at that negredo level in a my great scale of CFs.

the claim that he is world class is just not worth my time

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next