Curtinho
BusterLfc
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014 - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer of 2014

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Actually, We missed out on most targets like Mkhit, Sigurdsson, Willian, Costa because the club they were at or going to seemed greener to them. I dont think tranfers fee were the issue there.

We don't actually know whether we have to overpay now. English players are generally overpriced but we can still manage some deals outside the country comfortably for decent prices now that we are back in the CL and if we manage to hold Suarez.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Well, Lallana just isn't who I would target. I want top level talents on the team we already have players of Lallana's caliber IMO that can't get consistent playing time. I know we'll have more games next year, but we'll also have guys coming up and returning from loan etc.

I feel like the point of this transfer market is going to be to bring in 'next-level' players like Rakitic as opposed to someone like Lallana. Not saying that Lallana isn't a good player, but there are better players out there that are available.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm

El Cujo wrote:Well, Lallana just isn't who I would target. I want top level talents on the team we already have players of Lallana's caliber IMO that can't get consistent playing time. I know we'll have more games next year, but we'll also have guys coming up and returning from loan etc.

I feel like the point of this transfer market is going to be to bring in 'next-level' players like Rakitic as opposed to someone like Lallana. Not saying that Lallana isn't a good player, but there are better players out there that are available.

I feel the same way, I dont mind Lallana but i dont want us spending on him in such a way that it limits the rest of our signings. Like if we end up spending 20 on him, We should have atleast double of what we spent on him still in the kitty for other positions imo.

He isn't even close to the star player i expect in this window ( IMO )

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:32 pm

I agree with El Cujo and Hank. Rodgers himself said we'll have two different sets of targets. One where we make CL and another where we don't. And I really expect us to go for absolute top talent now that we're in such a good position. Should we win the league, coming to Liverpool will be even more prestigious to players.

We want guys in Pjanic and Kroos level first and foremost for that CM position. If that doesn't work out then you look more toward guys like Rakitic, Kovacic, Lallana.

Same goes for the attacker that we need. I want us to go all out for someone really special. Reus is the cream of the crop. First and foremost have a go at that. If it doesn't work (high probability it won't) then maybe have a look at Alexis Sanchez since Barca look to be getting rid. Then Griezmann and El Shaarawy. Conner is someone I want regardless because he's fantastic and will be a dream player off the bench for the price he's being touted.

We really need to take advantage of the fact that Milan and Inter are shit currently as well imo. Go for their main talents to whom Liverpool might just look greener atm. SES, Kovacic, and MDS would an absolute dream of a summer in itself.

I really like Lallana but he doesn't fit that "top level transfer list if make CL" thing Rodgers was talking about.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Art Morte wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Lallana seems redundant at Liverpool -- when Rodgers said 'next level signings' I can't see Lallana being his target.

Why not? He's had a great season in the Prem for a non-top team. You could put a lot of 20m-rated players from around Europe to his shoes at Southampton and they wouldn't do any better.

Let's look at Rakitic. He plays for a team with similar league aspirations in Sevilla not unlike Soton. Rakitic is the guy that makes that team tick. You take him out, Sevilla would never in a million years be in a Europa semi and only 6 points(?) away from CL qualification. I've always said Rakitic is the Cabaye of La Liga. Look at Cabaye the guy was the star that made Newcastle tick. They got rid of him in January and their record is absolutely torrid since his departure. I think you put Rakitic in Soton and he makes Cabaye-esque sort of difference. Lallana is having a great season but he's one part of a well oiled machine at Soton. A machine that's down to Pocheitino's genius. Schneiderlin is looking just as impressive in that midfield. Lallana has been fantastic but he's not doing it in a Cabaye/Rakitic manner where he's carrying the team on his back.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:50 pm

We might have the same problem with Kroos-Pjanic-Reus-Alexis like we had with Mekthi-Willian-Costa last year. For 'Kroos's teams like City, PSG, Real are greener than us. However, for the likes of Rakitic, Lallana, Konoplayanko we are a definite step-up.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 pm

People need to get the first XI and bench notion of their head. We need a squad of 18 players of similar quality in our quest for quadruple next season. And if a British and foreign alternative are rated the same , we will always go for the former as if turned WC, they are a lot less likely to leave and well half of England XI is our team now and we want to add to the nucleus. It's exactly what SAF used to do. Plus, Rakitic just signed a new contract, could well win Uefa cup with his team and there is no guarantee he will be available for less. I remember a lot of wankfest over Navas too, but he's been very meh so far. One thing that I can see BR sees in Lallana is his leadership quality as he dragged his local team from league 1 to top 10 of pl in 4 years and was rated as highly as bale n Walcott in Saints youth teams. I just have a small hunch (May be wrong) , that people always prefer flashier foreign if alternative to a Brit. As demonstrated by GL,a collective wankfest to Spurs last summer . As an attacking minded player, I seek footballing IQ , movement, goals and assists in a player And Lallana has all of those in abundance, so I hope this happens.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Also I can't remember the last time we bought an already proven star and world class player. Even when we were European champs. Suarez was doubted by many (Dutch league and all), Torres' goal scoring rate in Spain was very average, masch was a bench warmer at why, and cabin had just had a Lallana-esque season with sociedad before we bought him. I don't think it's going to change all of a sudden.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:02 pm

as McY said we first need a top top class or WC or 'however you call it' CM and then I will look to spend on other positions. If we get one of Pjanic or Kroos Proud  drunken Sterling will be even better in the next season, plus Suarez and Sturridge...how can we forget the magician Coutinho. So if we get another player like Kono or Griezman for that front line, our midfield and attack should be OK (great actually) for the next season. For me just get three players:
CM-top top class, need to be a WC but still with experience and established one...max. 30m (may be 35 if someone is available)
Attacking third- another 15m
Defence- one full back for another 15m

That would really do for me Thumbs up

We seriously have lot of players coming back from loan so we need not get suddenly 4-5 players unless we are selling someone hmm
Attacking third

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 01, 2014 8:00 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I agree with you and I am just saying that instead of keep on losing on our targets. If we pay 4-5m extra and get a player, it is fine by me. Just dont pay something rediculous, like the player is worth 15m but you are paying something like 30m. So if Lallana is worth 15m, paying little extra 4-5m should be fine. But whether to pay 4-5 should also depend upon if the player is really worth the risk for that extra money we are paying.

We lost just one of our targets for financial reasons, and that was Salah.

Which is stupid, considering he was the main target in January and we stalled for 2-3 months over 1-2m iirc. :facepalm: Anyway, that wasn't really my point. Overpaying 1-2m to get your player in is okay.

But when you're splashing the cash (20m+ on a player) you expect that EXTRA quality. Lallana is a 'top' player, but when you're paying that price you expect a TOP TOP player. Especially when that's what we need. And I can't stress again how 3/4 of our team lacks CL experience and my god, we need that experience. Majority of our team is very young, and as you could see against Chelsea just last week, when Suarez / Gerrard lost their heads due to frustration, we had nobody else to stand up to provide anything.

Again, Lallana is great. But how many players have peaked for a year in the PL, and gone for an inflated fee? It's a ridiculous amount. I'll definitely support the player if he does arrive, because he is good and can probably do a job, but I was expecting better. Especially with the prices being quoted. (So we do have money to spend.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 01, 2014 8:45 am

I guess there isn't much point arguing about these unverified rumors. I mean these rumors aren't from the most reliable of sources. I haven't seen any of Ben Smith, Tony Barrett or James Pearce saying anything. So lets see what spans out . . . . Mirror and Daily Fail are idiots!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am

Btw the morning rumors has Moura linked to us! But i wish the sources would have been better!!! Football Direct News are pretty lame Sad 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am

Fahim89 wrote:I guess there isn't much point arguing about these unverified rumors. I mean these rumors aren't from the most reliable of sources. I haven't seen any of Ben Smith, Tony Barrett or James Pearce saying anything. So lets see what spans out . . . . Mirror and Daily Fail are idiots!

Both the Telegraph and the Guardian are reporting it; the interest is genuine.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am

Red Alert wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:I guess there isn't much point arguing about these unverified rumors. I mean these rumors aren't from the most reliable of sources. I haven't seen any of Ben Smith, Tony Barrett or James Pearce saying anything. So lets see what spans out . . . . Mirror and Daily Fail are idiots!

My bad didn't see the Guardian report!  scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 am

Fahim89 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Fahim getting anxious before a (hopefully) massive summer.  No 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri May 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Fahim getting anxious before a (hopefully) massive summer.  No 

Well ain't that natural? Entering the market where after decades we are a force to reckon with!!!!  drinking 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Assaidi off hopefully bounce

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27262209
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat May 03, 2014 5:36 am

McAgger wrote:Assaidi off hopefully  bounce

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27262209

I kind of liked this guy. Oh well, everyone got to move on at some point.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 03, 2014 8:25 am

Assaidi was always going to get sold. Especially with Sterling's improvement and the constant rumours with Kono. Won't be surprised if Borini is used on the left hand side, and not as a striker next season too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 am

The usual rumors are back with Micah Richards being linked AGAIN!  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 03, 2014 11:02 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-micah-richards-3489374

7 million isnt bad yeah?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 03, 2014 11:08 am

I don't see why Richards would join us when he is in search of regular football. That's why, reportedly, he's leaving City and that's something we cannot guarantee him. It's just such an easy transfer rumour to make up when it's known he's on the move. I don't think there's anything doing there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat May 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Guys, would Santon be any improvement over our current bunch of L/RWB!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat May 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Nishank wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-micah-richards-3489374

7 million isnt bad yeah?

I don't mind at all! On the contrary i feel he will make sure Johnson runs for his money!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 03, 2014 2:56 pm

iftikhar wrote:Guys, would Santon be any improvement over our current bunch of L/RWB!!!

I kinda like him, but I expected more from him this season. It would be funny if we bought another left-back from Newcastle after buying their previous one, Enrique, but I don't particularly fancy doing business with them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 04, 2014 4:08 am

Summer of 2014 - Page 12 Untitl10
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor