Arquitecto
izzy
Art Morte
VendettaRed07
Ruben Pardo
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When was the last time England produced a very good player - Page 2 Empty Re: When was the last time England produced a very good player

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:42 am

Kick wrote:Chalobah. YNWA

England does have very good players, Rooney is the most obviousy one so I don't get what this thread is really about.

He's Irish though. Even looks like a leprechaun.

Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

When was the last time England produced a very good player - Page 2 Empty Re: When was the last time England produced a very good player

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 am

Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Red Alert wrote:From LFC:

Henderson.
Sterling! Proud
Sturridge.

From the PL:

The OX!!!
Lallana!
Barkley.
Wilshere.
Shaw.
Chelsea has one too, Chalola or something. (Plays in the Championship league)

Define "very good". I see a few good players but no "very good" players. :fishing: 

I was talking more potential. Very Happy

Isn't what this is about?

@Kick:

That's the one. Give him to Liverpool please. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 am

Rooney has Irish ancestry Laughing Hardly going to parade around in a little green hat and pipe now is he Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:50 am

How are Wilshere and Sturridge not "very good"?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 am

I'm willing to compromise. He's an Irishman produced by England. Deal?
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:56 am

Lex wrote:Rooney has Irish ancestry :lol:Hardly going to parade around in a little green hat and pipe now is he Laughing

When was the last time England produced a very good player - Page 2 200px-RooneyShrek

hmm 
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 am

Actually, i think England has been producing a lot of good players for 3-4 years now. It would be baffling if they don't manage to have some success in the years to come.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How are Wilshere and Sturridge not "very good"?
Obviously Wilshere is a fantastic talent and I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a great for England and Arsenal, but tbh he has been meh overall over the past couple of years. He hasn't been able to find consistency. 'Very good' is a highly subjective term, but for me he is not playing to that level right now.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:37 am

Henderson.
Sterling! Proud
Sturridge.

From the PL:

The OX!!!
Lallana!
Barkley.
Wilshere.
Shaw.

Lallana is 25 now and cannot be defined as 'very good'.

But for the topic I'd include Kieran Gibbs and Martin Kelly if he can actually get a deserved run of games now.

Frankly, I cannot even understand the absurd premise of this topic given that there is no date and definition beyond a means to put down England's talent production.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:40 am

Sturridge

//thread

Seriously 21 goals in 23 games this season is up there with the best of them.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 am

Arquitescu wrote:

Henderson.
Sterling! Proud
Sturridge.

From the PL:

The OX!!!
Lallana!
Barkley.
Wilshere.
Shaw.

But for the topic I'd include Kieran Gibbs and Martin Kelly if he can actually get a deserved run of games now.

Frankly, I cannot even understand the absurd premise of this topic given that there is no date and definition beyond a means to put down England's talent production.

Well, how do you define "very good"?

Not sure how you can Martin Kelly is, and Lallana isn't because of age either. Martin Kelly is 24 this year and has hardly ever had consistent game time due to injuries. Sad Lallana has been arguably the best midfielder (easily the best if you exclude the top 4 teams) in the PL this season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:48 am

Red Alert wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Henderson.
Sterling! Proud
Sturridge.

From the PL:

The OX!!!
Lallana!
Barkley.
Wilshere.
Shaw.

Well, how do you define "very good"?

Not sure how you can Martin Kelly is, and Lallana isn't because of age either. Martin Kelly is 24 this year and has hardly ever had consistent game time due to injuries. Sad Lallana has been arguably the best midfielder (easily the best if you exclude the top 4 teams) in the PL this season.

I rate Kelly by his talent and what he showed he can produce by age 18-19 since that first CL game versus Lyon and his handful of big game match performances and his defensive prowess whether as RB, LB or CB. That ankle of his has troubled him beyond his means and has shortened his career, sadly.

Lallana? I simply don't think he is as good as people make him out to be nor does he do it versus the upper half of Premier League defences. Good player yet not much beyond that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:53 am

So Kelly is living on hype then? Come on. We honestly don't know how Kelly is going to turn out now. He's been injury prone for a good 5 years now, which is a shame as he looked talented.

Lallana has turned up against Liverpool (twice), Spurs iirc, Arsenal and United. I'm certain he's done well against City too... so not too sure we're talking about the same player here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 am

Red Alert wrote:So Kelly is living on hype then? Come on. We honestly don't know how Kelly is going to turn out now. He's been injury prone for a good 5 years now, which is a shame as he looked talented.

Lallana has turned up against Liverpool (twice), Spurs iirc, Arsenal and United. I'm certain he's done well against City too... so not too sure we're talking about the same player here.

Kelly is still 24 as injuries have taken away ample time for him to develop yet it doesn't spell the end of his future at LFC as based on his consistency I feel he's justified his hype long ago. Simply needs a consistent run of games to actually reach the echelon he was supposed to.

Lallana is mostly flash to me and goes in and out of games when he isn't busy holding the ball beyond the necessary possession. I do enjoy watching him play yet the likes of Ward-Prowse and Schneiderlin have impressed me more.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:02 am

I don't know, he's always "in" the games I've seen.

Then again, I thought he was younger than 25. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:04 am

Red Alert wrote:I don't know, he's always "in" the games I've seen.

Then again, I thought he was younger than 25. :coffee:

It simply means I'll have to watch him more as admittedly I did not see him versus Spurs or City. 25 is still relatively young as I do think he is worthy for a World Cup call-up yet Hodgson will likely use him as a LB.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep this form on a consistent run.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 am

Definitely deserves an English call up. Not much faith with the owl in charge though. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:56 am

This Tuesday.

Joel 'The Anglo Greek Costa Rican Cruyff' Campbell

http://static.squarespace.com/static/509705fee4b09e893827ffa4/50cf727be4b0b46e08fb99a6/50cf7295e4b0b46e08fbae86/1355773023251/Joel%20Campbell.jpg

#canonball
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 am

Joel Campbell is in the Costa Rican NT.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Wilshere.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum