Raptorgunner
Eman
MJ
SamuelJayC
11 posters

Go down

Spurs v Arsenal Preview Empty Spurs v Arsenal Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:43 am

Spurs v Arsenal, Sunday 15th March 4pm, White Hart Lane, Premier League, Sky Sports 1

Spurs v Arsenal Preview N-ARSENAL-TOTTENHAM-large570
Wenger & Sherwood will go head-to-head again on Sunday at White Hart Lane

Premier League

1. Chelsea 66pts
2. Liverpool 59pts
3. Arsenal 59pts
4. Man City 57pts
---------------
5. Spurs 53pts
6. Man Utd 48pts

Title push & FA Cup remains for Gunners as Spurs look to revive season

"It has always been difficult at White Hart Lane but we are in a position where of course we want to win the game." Scrap the word 'want', insert 'need'. Following Tuesday's Champions League exit at Bayern Munich, Arsène Wenger's side enter the final two months of the campaign with two aims: Push for the title & win the FA Cup. After a visit to Spurs on Sunday, a trip to Stamford Bridge follows (The boss' 1000th game in charge) before Swansea travel to the Emirates. Three points in N17 would give either side an incredible boost in their respective aims.

Spurs sit 6 points behind the Gunners - who have a game in hand - but, a derby victory would be the perfect tonic for Tim Sherwood's men to turn-around their campaign. Defeat against Benfica on Thursday evening, in addition to the cup losses to Arsenal and West Ham earlier in the season have left the side in fifth-place with only one target: the top four.

Match Facts

* Spurs have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 Premier League home games but shipped 5 against Man City in the other match.

* Arsenal have kept only 1 clean sheet in their last 7 Premier League away games and have won none of the last 3.

* Only Liverpool v Newcastle (126) has seen more goals than Arsenal v Tottenham (125) in Premier League history.

* Emmanuel Adebayor has scored more goals than any other player in north London derby history (10 – eight for Arsenal and two for Spurs).

* Per Mertesacker has scored in two of his last three Premier League games against Spurs.

* Olivier Giroud has scored the opening goal in seven different Premier League matches this season; more often than any other player.

* Tottenham have kept just one clean sheet in their last 30 Premier League north London derbies (Feb 2009).

* Tottenham have made 13 errors leading to goal in the Premier League this season, three more than any other side.

Team News

Arsenal

Özil (hamstring), Ramsey (thigh), Wilshere (foot), Walcott (knee) & Diaby (knee) are all unavailable, whilst Gibbs (calf) is doubtful. Monreal (foot), Källström (back) & Sanogo (foot) are fit.

Spurs

Dawson (hamstring), Capoue (ankle), Lamela (back) and Chiricheș (back) are all out, whilst Walker (groin), Sandro (groin) & Dembélé (hamstring) are doubts. Kaboul is available after his red card v Chelsea was rescinded.

Spurs v Arsenal Preview AbGyXQtafg

Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Källström, Gnabry, Podolski, Sanogo

Spurs subs: Friedel, Naughton, Bentaleb, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Chadli, Soldado
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Spurs v Arsenal Preview Empty Re: Spurs v Arsenal Preview

Post by MJ Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 am

Great work, Sam.

Read that Sherwood said that Sandro, Dembele, Walker, Rose and Adebayor are nursing injuries. Know for sure that Dawson, Chiriches are out ofc.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:08 am

My plan is to be shitfaced at a pub for this game for a St. Patrick's day event. COYG, make it a good day bounce
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Great work Sam.

A must win game, would love to see Kallstrom play and see what he can do for us. Nothing beats killing Spurs hope for CL spot.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:01 pm

It's in our hands to properly get back in the title race, a win tomorrow would give us such a boost

Team tomorrow?

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal/Gibbs/Verm
Arteta Flamini
Chamberlain Rosicky Cazorla
Giroud

3 points and no injuries please!

Come on Arsenal!!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm

After the Sevillano derby on Thursday, I know better than to think a win is likely, but I've got a good feeling about this game. It seems like a good time to play Spurs, with them suffering some poor results, picking up injuries and Sherwood being Sherwood. Their morale must be fairly low and with the incentive of getting back into the title race, plus two positive results behind us, we should really punish them.

I hope to see Cazorla in the middle flanked by Chamberlain and Podolski. The latter two had strong games against Bayern and their directness would really test their backline, while I can foresee Cazorla getting a lot of space if Spurs choose to play an offensive game against us. If Adebayor decides to turn up then he, of course, will be a threat, and I would worry about Monreal or Vermaelen at left back against Lennon, but I think our defence can handle them.

As much as I'd love to pile on the misery for Spurs, at this point any scoreline will do so long as we get those three points. It might only be short-lived, but a win puts us right back into the title race and would probably kill any chance of them finishing above us, in case there was still doubt. Any other result isn't helpful to us and would practically kill whatever hope of challenging for the title we have left. So yeah, best not screw up here.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Yeah a good time to play Spurs and no better time to start a good run of confidence and momentum.

I think we all know that we'll have to play a fast pace game and attack them throughout the game if we want to have the best chance at beating them. That's how they've been beaten this season. Their defence is poor, and to be god's honest, we just need to win this game really. Nothing else.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Good stuff mate

first time in 3-4 years heading into this fixture feeling positive and really capable to grab 3 points

i want Poldi start but guess Arsene will hand Rozza yet another big game start

want Arteta as a more advanced of the midfield duo like everton game

expect Kos to make Ade his B*tch

should have a strong start and take a lead then just look to hit them on the break

Santi and AOC need to step it up big times

COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Derby eh.

Really feeling nervous and excited. It's a derby so form doesn't matter. Specially North London Derby. It will be a high scoring one. We just need to make sure its us who do most of the scoring.

Team should be fired up for it. I am not sure if we are in the title race anymore but we should however try and finish 3rd instead of 4th. So let's keep on winning.

Hope gibbs makes it because The pace in the game will be unreal and Monreal has never been able to play well in the proper PL-esque fixture.

Can't wait for tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Verm
Arteta Kallstorm
Chamberlain Rosicky Cazorla
Giroud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 am

Hello lads, hope it's hanging good with y'all.

Great preview as ever Sam.

3 points and we're good. 3-0 margin would be even better.

COYG. FOYS.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:26 am

Both of your teams with some injuries, you with more severe ones, though. However, I still think you're the favorites. I can't fathom how Tottenham have managed to stay 5th with a round (or oval) nil goal-difference. Form goes out of the window in derbies, though - at least as long as the players actually appreciate the importance of the occasion, the pride of it. I dunno, somehow I feel Tottenham have more players who might not care about it.

If you win, I hope you make it as big as possible just see what Sherwood's reaction will be. I think he's gradually starting to lose it. First blaming his players in public once or twice, then saying that Benfica's manager has no class after losing to them. I kinda like the idea of him going absolutely mental in his post-match interview, so if you can do that, please. Won't mind if you lose it, though!

Ps. If we lose our earlier kick-off derby, totally putting more money than I should on your win to minimally compensate the horrible prospect of losing our game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down