LeSwagg James
izzy
dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
24 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:08 pm

This Nets - Raps game 7 boiling along nicely.

D-Will got 3 fouls and a mere 8 points (or 6 IDK)

But the old guys have come to play (KG, PP, Johnson) and they are finally making Lowry put the ball on the floor and pulling up.

Nets by 9

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Clippers - Warriors last night was a great great game.

Kind of want the Clips to go all the way, Jordan and Blake will abuse Miami. Doc will find a way to make them play defence lol
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Think they can take OKC?

Dont see it. Noone on that team has a shot of guarding KD, not even a little bit.

Westbrook could either bury CP3...or bury OKC tryin', I suppose.

OKC have the bigs to throw at Blake and DeAndre.

Plus now OKC are over the Memphis adversity...that might be it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Perkins will finally come in handy Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Can I say, I REALLY hope GSW dont fire Jackson. That would be criminal.

He isnt perfect, but GSW before him were nothing bar one magical Baron Davis season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 04, 2014 7:29 pm

OKC and Clips won't go more than 6 games.

The reason is Clippers have one long wing defender in Barnes, KD is probably gonna average 38 lol.

Blake and DeAndre are going to have to be 40-25-5(blocks) a game for them to win this.

There's just too many matchup advantages here in OKCs favour.

Also Dani i was going to mention the Jackson situation, it would be ridiculous to sack him.

Wins 50 games, goes toe to toe with 3rd seed without their only rim protector. Expectations for Golden State must be ridiculous if they expected him to do any better really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 04, 2014 7:29 pm

To be completely honest Dani, Jackson isn't that great of a coach. He is a fantastic motivator testament of his abilities of being a preacher in the past but as a basketball coach there are plenty better. For me, if there is a better coach out there we can get, I wouldn't shed a tear. But at this point, there aren't really that many coaches available that are so much better. I'd love Hornacek but no way he's leaving Phoenix.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 pm

His critics say that with the weapons they have, being 12th in offensively efficiently isnt good enough.

Stat wankers Rolling Eyes

Team full of jump shooters arent the most efficient shocker.

Though I read the real issue is Jackson has fallen out with numerous coaches and even front office staff.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:42 pm

McAgger wrote:To be completely honest Dani, Jackson isn't that great of a coach. He is a fantastic motivator testament of his abilities of being a preacher in the past but as a basketball coach there are plenty better. For me, if there is a better coach out there we can get, I wouldn't shed a tear. But at this point, there aren't really that many coaches available that are so much better. I'd love Hornacek but no way he's leaving Phoenix.

He might not be the best X's and O's guy, but I mean, this guy has lead you guys to the playoffs 3 times in a row? Or 2?

Either way, before then, how many times you even been close.

Who are you going to get who is better?

You really want D'Antoni? Stan Van Gundy? Some young ex player with no experience? Guys who clearly are assistants and not head coaches like Mo Cheeks, Alvin Gentry?

The one and only guy I see as an upgrade you could get is Lionel Hollins. But is he even a good fit?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 04, 2014 7:45 pm

As far as i'm concerned he's doing about as well as you can ask for with the talent available.... i have said before Curry aside i don't think the team is as good as the media will have you believe.

Not sure what they expect really, not saying he's an elite coach or anything  but he's doing a more than good enough job as far as i'm concerned to keep said job.

If you can name someone who would do better job that GSW could realistically get but that aside i don't see the need for him to be sacked really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Actually Dani now that i think about it, call me crazy but i reckon D'Antoni would be a really good fit for that roster.

Its basically tailor made for him, not that i would actively pursue him and fire Jackson for him though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Nets got this. Said so before the game, feel the same now.

They are just a step ahead here.

Raps turning it over and getting shitty shots because of the Nets D. Meanwhile down the other end, Johnson and PP and posting and forcing double teams every single time, if they arent doubled, they are scoring/getting to the line themselves.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Actually Dani now that i think about it, call me crazy but i reckon D'Antoni would be a really good fit for that roster.

Its basically tailor made for him, not that i would actively pursue him and fire Jackson for him though.

I see where your going, your right..but they arent going to defend any better and I mean, as you already pointed at...would he do any better than Jackson?

Would they beat the Clippers in a 7th game?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Miami might lose one game before the ECF banana

@Dani

Nah just saying, just something that came to me when his name was mentioned, i wouldn't be hiring him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:57 pm

Why is Joey Crawford still reffing games...let alone game 7's ffs.

This guy is awful.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 7:58 pm

I'll say if Jackson is fired, he is as good a choice as any. But they wont be any better I know that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 pm

HUGE 3 by DeRozen at the end of the 3rd.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 04, 2014 8:06 pm

I think they can get past OKC, just on coaching really. Talent is about the same, matchups wise about even. Both are much worse in half court, but Blake will take Durant/Ibaka/Perkins inside all day.

Injuries are the harder thing to guage right now.

As far as firing Jackson goes, I see both sides. Because I think even though it will hurt the team psychologically, regardless of who they hire, they really do need someone to coach both sides. He does nothing but give speeches, which is cute, but when Crawford and Paul destroying you in pick and roll...you kinda need to make an adjustment.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Chuck Hayes on Johnson is a great move, he can guard anyone with his unique strength and foot speed.

But he dont need help, Raps doubling Johnson is only leading to open shots. If you want to help, its after Johnson puts his head down to drive around Hayes, not while Hayes is still in front of him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 pm

How are the same match up wise?

KD is the best player in the series and Westbrook might be the 2nd best, but no lower than 3rd.

Clips have noone to gaurd either of the two but have the length to bother Paul and Griffin.

The coaching angle is the only one I understand. Doc will coach circles around Brooks, but in the end, the players play.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I think they can get past OKC, just on coaching really. Talent is about the same, matchups wise about even. Both are much worse in half court, but Blake will take Durant/Ibaka/Perkins inside all day.

Injuries are the harder thing to guage right now.

Well Clippers do have a massive advantage in coaching that's true, talent levels are not much difference also true.

Blake won't have it all his own way inside IMO though, but due to Blake they do have a slightly better half court offense.

My concern for them as i said, they simply have no one who can slow down Durant like Memphis did. The only one who can remotely do anything is Barnes and all their bench wings are scorers, none of them are that good defensively.

Granger before injury could have done a decent job but not now.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 8:17 pm

If the Clippers win, CP3 has to outplay Westbrook. No question about that.

Blake and Jordan gotta put up numbers and the Clippers have to shut down everyone other than KD.

Jordan gotta go on the bench in hack a Jordan time and somehow then survive KD at the power forward spot surrounded by 4 other shooters.

Doc is great, but not a magician. It will be an inspired effort for sure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 04, 2014 8:19 pm

I disagree, I actually think Blake will have a better series here. He seems more bothered by people stalling with quick doubles and reach ins than anything else. He protectects someone like Ibaka isn't going to bother him that much, and Durant will basically get pushed to the hole.

As far as guarding, it ain't as simple as that. Their offense is garbage, you just have to front Durant well and as simple as that they have six seconds on the clock.

If the pace opens up neither can stop neither.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 pm

KD wont gaurd him, so forget that. It will be Ibaka, Collison or Perkins.

Blake takes too long with the ball, never makes quick moves..always facing up, waiting and reading. A quick move and fake will get Ibaka off his feet, so he has to do that.

OKC offence may look like crap against Memphis, Allen is a dog and wont let KD get to his spots..who going to do that for the Clippers?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 pm

And if this CP3 hamstring stuff is even remotely true there isn't a chance of that happening.

Staying with Curry and Thompson is one thing, but staying with Westbrook when he will just blow by you is another entirely.

Anyways, everytime Toronto gets close Joe Johnson is there to stick the knife in. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 pm

If Jackson could get another assistant ala Mike Malone he would be fine. He needs a good x&o's guy with him.

LAC-OKC, I got the Thunder in 6. OKC matches up well with them. Like Dani said, no one to guard KD. Barnes is their best option there. Jordan won't be grabbing 15 boards a night playing an actual center.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next