Adit
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kick
S
76 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 6 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:08 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:PSG players want Chelsea players:

`"Hazard is the player I'd like to see at PSG. He would do a lot of good to Paris and the league. He's one of the best players against whom I've played."

-Yohan Cabaye.

"Oscar is a very good player. A rare talent in today's football, given his qualities. I would be very happy if he came here to PSG."

-Lucas Moura.

rofl Bring them on
They'd have to offer Hazard 400k per week to be able to lure him FROM Chelsea BACK to Ligue 1.

Not to mention they'd have to pay upwards of 80m to Chelsea for the transfer.

Anything short of both and he's going nowhere. Literally no amount of weekly wages they can offer Hazard that we can't match(unless its something stupid, which would unsettle Ibra anyway). We aren't some feeder club and they aren't Real Madrid.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 6 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by Gil Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:14 pm

There's a difference between "parking the bus" and playing counter attacking football people. The person that actually coined the term has it used the most against him. Couldn't make it up.

The fact that people say this shit before every big game is beyond tiresome. Funny thing is the same people that criticize Mourinho for playing cautiously in big games are the same idiots that claim Wenger is too "naive" and "stubborn" when they get battered 4-0 or 6-0.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Dante wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
How do you get "plagued from too many big games"? scratch

what i meant and probably i didn't use the right words , is that Chelsea should be more fatigued from all these big games they have already endured through the season than PSG. "Plagued by" , both in a good and worrying sense. Good because they already know their strengths , they have confidence and belief in their game after all these big games . But all that experience comes with a cost , especially in a league such as EPL , at the cost of fatigue. PSG has had some important games as well , but not against such quality opponents and nowhere near that many. PSG has good depth too; they will be at their absolute best , given they stay away from injuries and that's never something encouraging to expect. In my opinion , they are much more fresh as a team than Chelsea , given the French league compared to the EPL is a lot less painfull to endure . Chelsea has great potential as a team and tons of talent available , so they can look PSG in the eyes alright. But will they be able to be in form in order to face such a dangerous opponent by then? It's something many tend to overlook untill they see it happening.

All big games leave teams all the more fatigued to continue their season ; and whilst i don't expect that particular aspect to show immediately between Chelsea-PSG , there's a lot of games to be played untill the last match . Mourinho is a coach who knows exactly what he's doing , so perhaps he takes special care it won't hinder Chelsea when the games come. But when it comes to stay in the run for winning the EPL and also competiting deep into the CL , fatigue is a major factor that can never be ignored. The exact same i cannot say of PSG , because let's face it they won their league and that without having to endure the same physical pains as the EPL has to offer in a season.

I think it will be a very even match and imo , Mourinho will have to use some more rotation and rest key players for these 2 games .

What is this? Laughing

The game against Man City in February was no more grueling than the game against Villa the other day. Its the premier league. We're used to it. We've hardly had injuries this season(only to Luiz - who's not a regular 1st teamer, Eto'o - last week against Arsenal, and Torres - was out for 1 week and half or so). We've had JT injured for 2 games but that was early this year. He's been fine since. We're not an injury plagued squad and no one has shown signs of fatigue. I'm not sure what you're saying is going to be a factor at all.

I am not sure what's so funny , but fine , since you seem so certain it won't be a factor in any way .. I guess we will have to see if fatigue will play it's part for the qualification , won't we . Something last , i never talked about Chelsea being an injury plagued team , just having already played so many big games it may take it's toll on fitness by then. Not sure what you're on about with injuries .Probably didn't even read my post fully. You obviously assumed that.

I also laughed at playing City and Villa is as grueling .. it somehow reminded me of that joke about non British teams playing against Stoke on a cold , raining Wednesday night in what's-their-stadium..

EPL is a tough league , probably the toughest of all to endure , of course. But not THIS tough Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:14 pm

if the PSG will have problems with Hazard, Chelsea will have problems with him  Cool :

probably the best dribbler in the wolrd after Lionel Messi.

Good luck chelsea.  Thumbs up 

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Adit wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:But Van der wiel has improved, that's a fact. but do you watch enough of PSG to say that he hasnt? he is not world class, but he is not a liability to his team like people want to make it sound. If Verratti and Cavani dont support him, he wont be able to deal with Hazard alone, like about no fullback in footy.
Yes , i do watch PSG on TV occasionally and i find no improvement about Van Der Wiel defensively. Besides what are the attackers attacking Van Der wiel in Ligue 1? :lol:all the teams have shet attacks..most teams plays shet football..When he faced truly elite players in Euros we all saw what happened. Hazard is no way unstoppable, more than enough defenders have done it in PL....but Van Der Wiel will show his one on one weakness..anything less than a rape is a success for Van Der Wiel.

depends, if Lucas plays, chelsea will have the same problems of the PSG, Lucas is even better than Hazard in defense. So, Hazard will first have to pass on Lucas to get to VDW.

I hope for PSG and for the Game that Lucas will play.

Lavezzi is overrated player, is not a great dribbler and is not good in defense

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Azpi will destroy Lucas mate. Doubt he'll play anyway, Cavani RW and Lavezzi LW IMO.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Killer wrote:[

depends, if Lucas plays,  chelsea will have the same problems of the PSG, Lucas is even better than Hazard in defense. So, Hazard will first have to pass on Lucas to get to VDW.

and his finishing is shit
yes , always said. Finally someone rates Lavezzi as I do it Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Robespierre wrote:

depends, if Lucas plays,  chelsea will have the same problems of the PSG, Lucas is even better than Hazard in defense. So, Hazard will first have to pass on Lucas to get to VDW.

is not the finishing of Lavezzi the problem, even Di maria and Willan are not great finisher but are good in other aspect of the game, this Lavezzi is good only to run.

Lavezzi in Naples was a better player than this lavezzi.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Killer wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

is not the finishing of Lavezzi the problem, even Di maria and Willan are not great finisher but are good in other aspect of the game, this Lavezzi is good only to run.

the sense of my matter is this. anyway he's not different from Naples. 26 mln was an exaggerated price.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Killer wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

That's because the Lavezzi of Napoli was given far more freedom and wasn't isolated as a left winger as he has been under Blanc. Such an isolation of his role has resulted in his play being limited to what it is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Gil wrote:Azpi will destroy Lucas mate. Doubt he'll play anyway, Cavani RW and Lavezzi LW IMO.

Azpi don't destroy anyone. To stop Lucas also the Barcelona players had to go at least in 2 or even in 3.

If PSG will play with Lavezzi probably lose the game.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Lucas-Ibra-Cavani

Matuidi-Verrati-Cabaye

and T.Silva leading the defence

who can stop them ffs  Proud 
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Dante wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Dante wrote:

what i meant and probably i didn't use the right words , is that Chelsea should be more fatigued from all these big games they have already endured through the season than PSG. "Plagued by" , both in a good and worrying sense. Good because they already know their strengths , they have confidence and belief in their game after all these big games . But all that experience comes with a cost , especially in a league such as EPL , at the cost of fatigue. PSG has had some important games as well , but not against such quality opponents and nowhere near that many. PSG has good depth too; they will be at their absolute best , given they stay away from injuries and that's never something encouraging to expect. In my opinion , they are much more fresh as a team than Chelsea , given the French league compared to the EPL is a lot less painfull to endure . Chelsea has great potential as a team and tons of talent available , so they can look PSG in the eyes alright. But will they be able to be in form in order to face such a dangerous opponent by then? It's something many tend to overlook untill they see it happening.

All big games leave teams all the more fatigued to continue their season ; and whilst i don't expect that particular aspect to show immediately between Chelsea-PSG , there's a lot of games to be played untill the last match . Mourinho is a coach who knows exactly what he's doing , so perhaps he takes special care it won't hinder Chelsea when the games come. But when it comes to stay in the run for winning the EPL and also competiting deep into the CL , fatigue is a major factor that can never be ignored. The exact same i cannot say of PSG , because let's face it they won their league and that without having to endure the same physical pains as the EPL has to offer in a season.

I think it will be a very even match and imo , Mourinho will have to use some more rotation and rest key players for these 2 games .

What is this? Laughing

The game against Man City in February was no more grueling than the game against Villa the other day. Its the premier league. We're used to it. We've hardly had injuries this season(only to Luiz - who's not a regular 1st teamer, Eto'o - last week against Arsenal, and Torres - was out for 1 week and half or so). We've had JT injured for 2 games but that was early this year. He's been fine since. We're not an injury plagued squad and no one has shown signs of fatigue. I'm not sure what you're saying is going to be a factor at all.

I am not sure what's so funny , but fine , since you seem so certain it won't be a factor in any way .. I guess we will have to see if fatigue will play it's part for the qualification , won't we . Something last , i never talked about Chelsea being an injury plagued team , just having already played so many big games it may take it's toll on fitness by then. Not sure what you're on about with injuries .Probably didn't even read my post fully. You obviously assumed that.  

I also laughed at playing City and Villa is as grueling .. it somehow reminded me of that joke about non British teams playing against Stoke on a cold , raining Wednesday night in what's-their-stadium..

EPL is a tough league , probably the toughest of all to endure , of course. But not THIS tough Laughing
I read every single word of your post the first time mate, and its still the same thing. Only someone who doesn't watch the premier league would be of this opinion Laughing

You would have had a better argument if you said Chelsea had played more games in total this season than PSG and so fatigue might be a factor(though is a faulty logic as well but much less faulty). "Number of big games" has not been a problem for Chelsea or United in the CL for the past decade. We've been in the CL semi final 6 times in the past 10 years and been to the final twice, winning one....all while playing in this league that usually have a lot more "big games" than others.

Like I said, that won't matter. If PSG are going to have an advantage over Chelsea in some area in this tie, this is not it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Paris Saint-Germain defender Gregory van der Wiel could be absent for the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Chelsea. The right back has a knee injury.

Source: Le Parisien

Jallet against Hazard Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:31 pm

That is potentially crippling news for Paris as Hazard is the man who will need to be looked after the most. Jallet can attack yet is absolutely a disaster in the defensive.

Blanc should place Marquinhos or even a left-footed Digne there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Van der Wiel can't defend too anyway
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Van Der Wiel has shown great improvement in his defensive side of the game this season and would be an infinitely better option than Jallet for PSG. Jallet vs Hazard has the potential to be a massacre.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

I read every single word of your post the first time mate, and its still the same thing. Only someone who doesn't watch the premier league would be of this opinion Laughing

You would have had a better argument if you said Chelsea had played more games in total this season than PSG and so fatigue might be a factor(though is a faulty logic as well but much less faulty). "Number of big games" has not been a problem for Chelsea or United in the CL for the past decade. We've been in the CL semi final 6 times in the past 10 years and been to the final twice, winning one....all while playing in this league that usually have a lot more "big games" than others.

Like I said, that won't matter. If PSG are going to have an advantage over Chelsea in some area in this tie, this is not it.

Well , i watch PL matches quite often , just not by the schedule. Anyway , i do concede that you make a good case . It still doesn't make you immune to anything but anyhow , i suppose you're right . Although i specifically said that i don't expect fatigue and such issues to show immediately between the teams.. just that i expect it to play it's part before the qualification is done. I never implied that it would be the biggest advantage for anyone .

Whilst it's true that Chelsea and usually any big club of the EPL are well used to this , i may say here that my point however silly it sounded to you was mostly about PSG . You cannot possibly disregard that their season so far has been much easier both as a challenge and to endure , compared to Chelsea at least . For this reason , i expect them to be more fresh than Chelsea , come the 2nd match .. and even then , i don't imply that Chelsea won't be able to drag their feet from the ground by any means.

Anyway , we'll see how it goes .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Will wear this against Chelsea.

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 6 Bj2e7eTCcAAp1hH

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:45 pm

Didn't bother him tonight... played all 90 mins and Silva looked fine.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Chelsea should win this tie. If Chelsea get knocked out, Bayern will walk the cl.

#Saveusmou
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Hopefully this game produces a spectacle unlike today's games

Looking forward to it very much.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56 pm

My country got this

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:57 pm

A spectacle as in more goals? Probably not but I assure you Surag, the Barca - Atleti match was far from boring.

Not sure about the other match though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 pm

S wrote:Hopefully this game produces a spectacle unlike today's games

Looking forward to it very much.

Well Surag, you and I had very little stake in both the games (although United-Bayern was dreadfully boring aesthetically and tactically) so we can expect tomorrow's game to entertain us far more, given we are supporting one of the other teams.

For neutrals? Expect Chelsea to play a very pragmatic semantic with the game slowed down to a halt considering both play at a slow tempo as a whole.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:32 pm

I am not cheering for any team.I was mostly referring to the Bayern game anyways as that was the game i watched.

Oh and i hope one of these two teams win tomorrow as the post-match reactions to the winner/loser is something to look forward to over here if you get what i am saying.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next