Adit
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kick
S
76 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by izzy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Zealous wrote:
izzy wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:"Moutrinhio" :hmm:I like it.

Anyway, time for Silva to earn his rep and money.

Against Chelsea?  scratch 

It would be a good start hmm

Locking down Eto'o, Ba or that guy disguised as Torres doesn't really resonate with me.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by 1991 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 pm

izzy wrote:
1991 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Mou is a quarter final monster.

PSG are going out imo no way their fullbacks hold up against Chelsea's wide players.
His QF opponents have been

Galatasaray
CSKA
Tottenham
APOEL

rofl 

The only decent team he faced in the QF was an ageing united who were comfortably sailing to the next round till a red card changed the tie. Get off his dick.

You do realise Mourinho has managed OTHER clubs, not just Real Madrid, right?
No shit.  CSKA was Inter's QF. I'm just putting his unbeaten QF run since 09 into perspective.

But if you wanna look at the 'quarter final monster' entire career...

09-Knocked out
08-Fenerbache win
07-Narrow Porto win
06-round 16 exit
05-Knocked out
04-Lyon

Laughing Proves my point even more, thx rofl
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 pm

1991 wrote:No shit.  It was his Inter team that faced CSKA in the QF. I'm just putting his unbeaten QF run since 09 into perspective.

But if you wanna look at the 'quarter final monster' enitre career it's even worse:

09-Knocked out
08-Fenerbache win
07-Porto win
06-round 16 exit
05-Knocked out
04-Lyon

Laughing 

I'm sorry, are you expecting him to be drawn against Bayern, United, Barca, Milan EVERY quarter final?  Laughing 

This is rich.

This is the CL quarter final, you beat who's in front of you, not who some fan on a forum deems worthy competition.  Laughing 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Thing is he knowingly left out the fact we beat Bayern in the QF's in 04/05 and Valencia in 06/07 to suit his agenda. Laughing

He was also sacked in 07/08 by the way.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Of course he did. Laughing

That's the type of guy that will nit-pick and critique the things he don't like.

Had a certain Arsenal manager had the same record it would be lauded, just like it is when they reach the group stage. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm

izzy wrote:
1991 wrote:No shit.  It was his Inter team that faced CSKA in the QF. I'm just putting his unbeaten QF run since 09 into perspective.

But if you wanna look at the 'quarter final monster' enitre career it's even worse:

09-Knocked out
08-Fenerbache win
07-Porto win
06-round 16 exit
05-Knocked out
04-Lyon

Laughing 

I'm sorry, are you expecting him to be drawn against Bayern, United, Barca, Milan EVERY quarter final?  Laughing 

This is rich.

This is the CL quarter final, you beat who's in front of you, not who some fan on a forum deems worthy competition.  Laughing 
rofl Moureen fangirls are furious
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:30 pm

1991 wrote:rofl Moureen fangirls are furious

..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is. Laughing 

You know, you're a funny character.

But like I said before, I'm not going to listen to an Arsenal fan when it comes to talking about success.

I just won't do it.  Laughing 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Van Der Wiel has been (to my utter shock) very good this year.  Looks like a proper fullback, which i thought was impossible.  Hazard better defend too because PSG love to go wide and both fullbacks overlap.

This is the regular XI:

Sirigu
Van Der Wiel-Alex-Silva-Maxwell
Veratti-Motta-Matuidi
Cavani-Ibra-Lavezzi

The following 2 subs are automatic:  Lucas Moura and Cabaye

The 3rd sub depends on the game.  It's between Rabiot, Marquinhos, Digne, Pastore and Menez.

Very deep, very balanced.

As far as Silva earning his money... he did that plenty of times at Milan.  But people like to hate just to hate on PSG.  I'm used to it.

I will troll to absolute no end if PSG take this tie.  Be warned... i'm going to be utterly ruthless.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:I will troll to absolute no end if PSG take this tie.  Be warned... i'm going to be utterly ruthless.

For what? You're not even a PSG fan............

Wink 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:

I will troll to absolute no end if PSG take this tie.  Be warned... i'm going to be utterly ruthless.

How disgusting lol just how many teams do you support?  silent 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Ligue 1 gets shat on here all the time. PSG is apparently playing so well and looking so good because they play in an easy league.

Well, we'll see. I'll add that PSG played Barca in the quarters last year and it was a 2-2 draw in Paris and a 1-1 draw in Barcelona. So tbh, they've already shown that they can hang... in before the #barcaarenotthesame# crowd.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:42 pm

I know reading is really tough for you guys and memory with kids today is not what it once was... but for the 10000x time: I will support every and all Ligue 1 teams in Europe. End of. Second, i want both PSG and Monaco to do very well in Europe because a) every top league needs elite teams; b) the media deals improve and it benefits the league and c) the rest of Ligue 1 will raise its game and learn to play against WC opposition.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste kiddos.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:46 pm

On paper it looks like an equal game based on what both teams have done this season. However PSG are yet to beat a big team, whereas Chelsea have in the PL and they have the Mourinho factor too. I expect PSG to have the majority of possession, with Chelsea absorbing and countering.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:53 pm

1991 wrote:
izzy wrote:
1991 wrote:
His QF opponents have been

Galatasaray
CSKA
Tottenham
APOEL

rofl 

The only decent team he faced in the QF was an ageing united who were comfortably sailing to the next round till a red card changed the tie. Get off his dick.

You do realise Mourinho has managed OTHER clubs, not just Real Madrid, right?
No shit.  CSKA was Inter's QF. I'm just putting his unbeaten QF run since 09 into perspective.

But if you wanna look at the 'quarter final monster' entire career...

09-Knocked out
08-Fenerbache win
07-Narrow Porto win
06-round 16 exit
05-Knocked out
04-Lyon

Laughing  Proves my point even more, thx rofl

what a shitty post.

2003-2004 : prime lyon with juninho, mahamadou diarra, essien , malouda, elber etc... they finished the group stage with the second highest goal average , they beat bayern in munich ,they didn't concede in the knockout stage before facing mourinho's porto , they also bossed a league where uefa cup finalist marseille and champions league finalist monaco played . and you're acting as if they're an easy opponent ? GTFO.

2004-2005 : what do you mean knocked out ? chelsea beat bayern in the quater finals .you just left out this fact because it didn't suit your agenda ? GTFO .

2006-2007: again , chelsea beat valencia , not porto , not " knocked out " . GTFO
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Abramovich wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

How disgusting lol just how many teams do you support?  silent 

And all this considering Marseille and PSG are hated rivals..How much more disgusting can it get Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Supporting a team(especially an arch rival) for the good of the league while pathetic might still be ok to a degree.

But whats this coming around here and constantly gloating about them lol ? While at the same time shitting on other teams.Like how you find fanboys on goal.com.And getting so worked up because some people dont rate PSG highly rofl

Just openly admit that you are a PSG supporter now.People(atleast me) will stop bothering you lol.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:48 pm

psg and marseille are only arch rivals if you're born in the 9O's or 2000's.

think about it for a second . how can a club founded in 1899 ( marseille ) be arch rivals with a club founded in 1970 ( psg ) ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:50 pm

farfan wrote:psg and marseille are only arch rivals if you're born in the 9O's or 2000's.

think about it for a second . how can a club founded in 1899 ( marseille ) be arch rivals with a club founded in 1970 ( psg )  ?

What is this ? Laughing I dont even.....

Do some google search about their rivalry and then come back to me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:04 pm

S wrote:
farfan wrote:psg and marseille are only arch rivals if you're born in the 9O's or 2000's.

think about it for a second . how can a club founded in 1899 ( marseille ) be arch rivals with a club founded in 1970 ( psg )  ?

What is this ? :lol:I dont even.....

you don't even what ? you mean you don't even know that this " rivalry " was artificially manufactured by the TV networks in the 90's to replicate the spanish classico ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:07 pm

The PSG vs. OM rivalry transcends the boundaries of the pitch in France. Since the first meeting in 1971, these two clubs have squared off in what many believe is France’s biggest rivalry. At the very least, it is France’s most violent. The Derby de France (as it's sometimes called) increased in importance and ferocity during the late 1980’s as PSG and Marseille battled each other for the Ligue 1 title. The rivalry grew into the national spotlight as PSG owners Canal + and Marseille’s Bernard Tapie promoted the matches between these clubs to a confrontational level. Since then, the rivalry has been marred with injuries and arrests over the years

11 April 1995 : 146 arrests and 9 policemen hospitalized due to fighting in the semi-final of the Coupe de France.
12 October 1999 : a bus was inflamed.
13 October 2000 : an 18-year-old Marseille supporter was paralyzed for life after being struck by a seat thrown from the Parisians section of the Parc des Princes.
10 February 2002 : a 16-year-old Marseille fan was half decapitated (his head was out the window of a moving bus when it slammed into a bridge abutment); a Parisian fan suffered a broken arm after falling into the ditch that separates the turn Auteuil from the lawn; 15 arrests; 2 provisional detentions; several vehicles damaged; a fire inside the Parc des Princes.
26 October 2002 : 61 arrests.
25 January 2003 : 43 arrests.
9 March 2003 : 27 injured; 1 hospitalized.
29 April 2006 : 2 injured for clashes in the vicinity of the Stade de France.
2 September 2007 : 5 arrests; 3 injured.
15 March 2009 : 22 arrests; 9 provisional detentions.
25 October 2009 : 10 arrests; 10 injured (a PSG supporter was hit by a car which then fled).
20 November 2009 : 15 arrests.
28 February 2010 : 20 arrests; Boulogne Boys member Yann L. was left in a life-threatening coma after being attacked by another PSG group, the Supras Auteuil.
18 March 2010 : Yann L. died in the hospital after being in a coma since 28 February

Yep right,even violence between fans must have been artificially manufactured too Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 pm

you're underestimating how gullible the public is . notice how the first incident of violence coincide with the period where psg and marseille were the 2 best teams in france .

"PSG owners Canal + and Marseille’s Bernard Tapie promoted the matches between these clubs to a confrontational level "

so yeah , that's what i've been saying .  

CANAL + ( the tv network ) and the owners overhyped the matches to get a rating boost . that's not a natural rivalry .

the hype began after marseille won the CL and psg the league the following year . it was an easy sell : north vs south , capital vs province etc...

those who are old enough rememeber how little shit was  given about psg vs marseille in the early 80's.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:25 pm

So are we going to sit and justify now that there is no real 'rivalry' amongst both these teams or what ? Laughing Why does it matter if the rivalry emerged in a shorter timeframe ? Its still a historical rivalry and bears significance.I've spoken to OM fans on other forums and they absolutely detest PSG.Now i am sure they're even more hated now with the Qatari takeover.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:33 pm

farfan wrote:you're underestimating how gullible the public is . notice how the first incident of violence coincide with the period where psg and marseille were the 2 best teams in france .

"PSG owners Canal + and Marseille’s Bernard Tapie promoted the matches between these clubs to a confrontational level "

so yeah , that's what i've been saying .  

CANAL + ( the tv network ) and the owners overhyped the matches to get a rating boost . that's not a natural rivalry .

the hype began after marseille won the CL and psg the league the following year . it was an easy sell : north vs south , capital vs province etc...

those who are old enough rememeber how little shit was  given about psg vs marseille in the early 80's.
So basically, the media AND the fans AND the clubs see it as a rivalry but we should go ahead and take your word for it that its not Laughing

And who said rivalries have to be 50 years old to be considered one?

Chelsea and United are rivals and have been for all of 10 years. Right. Its "not a rivalry."
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 pm

farfan... let it go.  They can't understand that PSG was never a rival for Marseille until Canal + and Bernard Tapie fabricated it.  Why did they need to fabricate it?  Because there was nothing there to begin with.  OM fans hated St Etienne, Bordeaux and the local rival Nice.  Those were the ones i grew up with.  That's why i really can't stand those teams even today.  Tapie tried to fabricate a Monaco-OM rivalry too...  but how can you hate 1000 people (number of Monaco fans Laughing).

I was an avid OM fan and went to almost all their games until 1988 when i moved to the US.  I never got the marketing bs flung at me... and most of my OM friends from the time don't really hate PSG either.  They were here... so they learned to dislike them somewhat.  But for me, i was never directly exposed to it.

You know very well people here do no research and are generally uninformed.  They just like to fling stuff around.

Edit: Ignore S the most. He's just a bitter little man Laughing His jealousy stems from the fact that PSG has raided Serie A and his beloved league has been weakened. Instead of blaming Serie A and its teams, it's easier to blindly hate the supposed culprit... nevermind that if it wasn't PSG, another foreign team would have scooped them up.

Also bitter that his beloved Juve are run like a poverty team Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Surag is mostly mad because Verratti snubbed juve for PSG, and they are now close to taking Pogba again. If rage is know no limit Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Who's bitter ? You're the one getting all worked up because there are some people who dont rate your beloved Qatari team as highly as you think Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next