Rossoneri Ninja
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
ExtremistEnigma
43 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by El Gunner Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Is it just me or has it been long known that Mace Tyrell is such an idiot and poverty man.

Lol Tywin just literally *bleep* him around at the table when he said that he should go and get that thing.
Even the actor that plays him looks so foolish with his appearance.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by El Gunner Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 pm

LeVersacci wrote:The soldier had a broken sword hmm

Dragon prolly breath-burned it in half hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Finished the first book this weekend aswell.

Surprised at how much I liked it despite knowing the story. Everything explained in depth, I can now fully understand every decision made from anyone. Littlefinger is scum, I wish him a very cruel death.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 9:21 pm

I am lost for words.

This was probably one of the greatest episodes I've seen in terms of acting and drama. I watched this episode with few friends in the mini lecture hall at Uni and all 3 of us unanimously kept muttering "holy shit" towards the end of the episode. Peter Drinklage's acting during the trial was one of the most perfect masterpiece you could have ever seen anywhere. Unbelievable good. I'll come to that later.

Few already mentioned this early on but I'll stress that Daavos' was probably the 2nd best thing in this episode. That actor is brilliant and the whole scene with the Iron Bank representatives was fantastic. He is so much like Ned that it's unbelievable. If Stannis is ever going to win the throne. THIS man will get him and not Melisandre. Daavos' whole character from being a smuggler to becoming the hand/adviser. He is amazing.

This whole incident never happened in the books so I am taking a guess that the Iron Bank agreed to the request. With that gold, Stannis should be more powerful in terms of resources. LOL when the Iron Bank people were making fun of how poor Stannis was with his ships and food Laughing

Mereen

LOOOOOOL Daenerys' never ending titles :lol:Like I said last week, she has ruined her chances of going back to Westeros with Mereen Laughing

203 people on her first day as the queen :lol:Anyways Drogon scene was fantastic. Also Hizdahr zo Loraq looks like an Interesting character.

North

That scene with Asha was pointless and a bit shit tbh. IMO they just wanted to introduce her back in the show and the whole point was to make people realise what Theon has become. Also Ramsay's plan sounds interesting. Regarding Ramsay. He is such a talented actor. If you see his work in misfits and then Game Of Thrones. Two absolutely different characters and yet he plays both of those so perfectly.

The Trial

The Trial was one of the best passage in the books and it delivered on the show as well. It was astonishingly, gloriously, astoundingly good. It was a massive farce in terms of how Cersei manipulated everyone to go against Tyrion. The biggest shock was obviously Shae coming back. How did she come back anyways? And the way Tyrion has always treated her, It was such a bitch move to betray him. I don't understand what was her problem. Was she bought or her life was threatened? Oberyn obviously didn't buy the bullshit she was coming up with. He was the only judge who actually was fair. Neither Tywin and Mace(Laughing) couldn't care about a rightful trial. Are they that stupid to think Tyrion would tell a 'whore' his plan lol? None of them actually understands Tyrion apart from Jaime. Jaime's redemption is complete :bow:

How increidble was Tyrion's speech though. It was right up there with McConaughey's speech in True Detective. Both GOAT actors. Every single word by Tyrion was felt right at the heart. He just let everything go. It was like it wasn't a fiction show. It felt so real. And he was telling the truth. He was being punished for being a dwarf. All the hate he gets, it was because of that. Would he be in the same situation if he was like Jaime? Doubt it. Amazing scene man.

Trial by Combat. I guess we all know who Tyrion picks if we have seen the trailers. Can't wait for that.

PS: Did anyone else moan when the episode ended? We all couldn't believe it was 50 minutes gone already. Time absolutely few by.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Pretty obvious Shae was threatened in some way, I don't get the hate on her. Can't see why else she would do it hmm
Hope she dies though, can't stand that actress.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 pm

It's not known yet whether she was threatened, bought, or just bitter. Guess we'll find out in the nexf few episodes.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Excellent episode all around. Exceptional acting from all of the top billed cast as well. Think some kudos needs to go to the actor who plays Theon/Reek. Great stuff from him.

Dany's story finally gets a bit more interesting with Hizdahr zo Loraq. Not sure what to make of him, but he didn't show any fear of her and that's definitely something interesting to take away from that arc.

Obviously the trial was fantastic. Well directed, well shot and just well acted all the way around. Oberyn literally made me spit out some of my cereal when I watched it this morning. Dude is GOAT and he has such a flair about him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 12, 2014 10:31 pm

"I've spent some time in Essos, and the Unsullied are very impressive on the battlefield. Not so much in the bedroom"

"Did you do it?"
'Do what?'
"F him like it's his last night on this earth?"

0 F given by Oberyn in this episode Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 10:43 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Did the book readers know who poisoned joffrey? You were all theorising like the answer wasn't in the books.

What purpose is this ramsey/theon arc serving? I really don't see the point of it, its just unpleasant for the sake of being unpleasant

It was never specified in the books on who did it. Everything was hinted at. It was made clear in the TV Show.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Looooooooooooool Oberyn is ace.

And the shay character always pissed me off, just a really narrow minded annoying character who never shuts up

Your life is in danger here

Ok but I'm staying

You can't come to see me here, you'll get yourself killed

ok but i'm coming

People want you dead

I'm staying anyway, do u not want me here?

:facepalm:

smh

Hope she's killed off ASAP
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Did the book readers know who poisoned joffrey? You were all theorising like the answer wasn't in the books.

What purpose is this ramsey/theon arc serving? I really don't see the point of it, its just unpleasant for the sake of being unpleasant

It was never specified in the books on who did it. Everything was hinted at. It was made clear in the TV Show.

But it really was one of those things that you don't have to spell out. We all knew who it was. Well at least I always thought it was like that  Embarassed 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 pm

zigra wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

But it really was one of those things that you don't have to spell out. We all knew who it was. Well at least I always thought it was like that  Embarassed 

Nah you are definitely right. Most got the hint in the books but they couldn't do that in the TV Show even after they hinted at with Olenna touching the necklace etc.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 12, 2014 11:04 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:What purpose is this ramsey/theon arc serving? I really don't see the point of it, its just unpleasant for the sake of being unpleasant

Ramsay's father Roose Bolton told him to capture Theon so he can force the Ironborn out of the North and have full control there. Theon's father Balon doesn't seem to give a F though, only his sister Yara/Asha does.

Ramsay tortures him because he's a sick, sadistic, cruel bastard and wants to turn him to his new pet "Reek" who's 100% loyal to him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 pm

If only JR was commentating on this episode ffs

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/kill.gif

At this point I shed a tear.

This scene was GOAT too

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/burnination.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 12, 2014 11:50 pm

The episode made me a bit fidgety, especially towards the end. (RG, i think you know why hmm)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 12, 2014 11:52 pm

Best not be damned book discussions ffs. Swear to Christ i'll make a TV only thread.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 pm

You are paranoid brah

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 12, 2014 11:56 pm

That dragon scene Proud
Instant lamb bbq, my dream Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 pm

I thought that man was showing the skeleton of his son Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Great episode.

The trial was amazing as expected. Peter Dinklage is awesome but that has already been established a long time ago. Shae is and has always been awful. I'm not sure if it's the character or the actress.

Dany's story continues to bore me to death.

I hope the whole Theon and Ramsey bit has a huge payoff because so far it's felt like mostly filler. And all this Ramsey love on GL has me thinking there are a lot of psychopaths here.  Very Happy  Though Theon was a douche so what he does isn't so bad.  hmm 

Oberyn is my favorite new character this season and the actor playing him is killing it.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 am

RealGunner wrote:I thought that man was showing the skeleton of his son Laughing

Me too. It would be a lot more interesting to see how she'd deal with her dragons slaughtering innocent kids than some damn livestock.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 13, 2014 12:05 am

Being psychotic is underrated imo

And yeah the Shae shea shay character whatever the *bleep* the spelling is, is boring. Don't think it's the actress, it's just that I swear every single scene she's ever been in revolves around her being overly defensive and not taking no for an answer.

Which gets old quickly

"Hi"

"What makes you think I want to say Hi back, i'm not a whore blah blah blah blah"

"This isn't safe here, you will be found and killed"

I can take care of myself, i'm not a whore blah blah blah blah"
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 13, 2014 12:11 am

Agreed completely.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 am

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 Tumblr_n57pw5nouG1sv7laoo1_400

rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 am

Mamad wrote:I hate Ramsay too. the actor is good but the character is disgusting.

THIS. The actor is doing a fantastic job but Ramsey the character is a violent sadist with absolutely no redeeming qualities. He is like a non coward version of Joffrey but ten times more twisted. I agree with elitedam that there must be some legit sadists in GL. Rooting for Ramsey like wtf.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 am

RealGunner wrote:

Pls go. Littlefinger specifies in the ship to Sansa that Margaery's grandmother did it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next