Rossoneri Ninja
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
ExtremistEnigma
43 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 39 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by McAgger Wed May 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
McAgger wrote:
nichabr wrote:I think the current one is good because he matches the description way better in terms of looks and he is the current WSM so technically he fits the bill perfectly

No he doesn't fit the description perfectly. Are you kidding me. For one the Mountain supposed to have just come from the battle and be scarred and battle worn. And then he's supposed to have a very scary look to him (like the first guy had. This guy just looks like a normal bodybulder that's been oiled up for a muscle flexing photoshoot.

And like I said, he's supposed to be much older. This guy looks like he's is in his 30s ffs. The Hound is his younger brother.
This is the problem with reading the books before watching the show. You critique every single thing about the show. You never get to just watch the show and enjoy the story Laughing

Good grief! rofl

Like I said, I'm not touching those books.

That has nothing to do with the books. I'd be complaining about this casting job even if I had no clue what a book was. The guy is so horribly wrong to play the Mountain it's unreal.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 39 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 21, 2014 11:11 pm

No, you wouldn't Laughing Stop it. How can you know what the Mountain is SUPPOSED to be like if you're learning about the story from the show? Oh please Laughing

And this isn't the first time btw. I've noticed that a lot of book readers(not just on GL) tend to read too much into somethings on the show and sometimes find fault where the non-book readers would have otherwise considered perfect lol.

But that's just me. Don't want anything whatsoever to ruin my experience of the show as it is. You guys can keep your books Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Too harsh

People are expecting unrealistic castings here. In the TV show he's not a complicated character at all, he's all about aggression, power and fighting.

Think of this in a real life situation, he's not a complicated man. He likes killing people. That's it, he doesn't need to be some GOAT actor giving riveting speeches. Only thing that's a legit complaint is the fact he looks quite young.

Tall. Check
Strong. Check

That's it. Are people expecting every single character no matter how unimportant or simple to be a really deep, emotional and complicated person?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Laughing

I pass.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 22, 2014 7:49 am

GOT has put on some incredibly high standards. A minor character like Tycho Nestoris the Braavosi banker was played my Mark freakin Gatiss. I'm not saying that this Mountain is bad but just that the first one is better. He did look even more aggressive and cruel and also older than The Hound. And actually the show did establish that The Mountain was fighting Robb's army in the Riverlands so he is also supposed to be a war general in the show. That guy looks like the B movie big henchman who dies in the first fight with the hero. All brawn no brains.

And I read all the books and still enjoy and obsess over this show immensely. It is my favourite show actually.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Game of Thrones Season 4: Episode #8 Preview (HBO):

https://youtu.be/LCpWf_ybG3Y
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 22, 2014 4:34 pm

whilst GOT is on a break I would gladly recommend the BBC show "The Musketeers" to anyone who hasn't seen this epic masterpiece:
season 1 is over so you can go on a marathon and watch all 10 episodes if you choose.....

its very addictive too:

http://www.solarmovie.tl/tv/the-musketeers-2014/

(vodlocker links are quite the best for me)

thank me later....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 22, 2014 5:51 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Game of Thrones Season 4: Episode #8 Preview (HBO):

https://youtu.be/LCpWf_ybG3Y

So we know the fight is gonna take place next episode Proud

Also dat Sansa/Littlefinger scene Shocked
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 22, 2014 6:04 pm

The name of the episode is The Mountain And The Viper. I'm surprised that no one here got spoiled on who the combatants will be earlier. A lot of my friends knew it would be Oberyn and Gregor after seeing the episode name.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 22, 2014 6:08 pm

M99 wrote:The name of the episode is The Mountain And The Viper. I'm surprised that no one here got spoiled on who the combatants will be earlier. A lot of my friends knew it would be Oberyn and Gregor after seeing the episode name.

Well they had mistakenly named the previous episode that, and swiftly changed it when they realized it would give away the suspense. But now everyone knows who the combatants are so it's not much of a spoiler.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 22, 2014 6:15 pm

McAgger wrote:
M99 wrote:The name of the episode is The Mountain And The Viper. I'm surprised that no one here got spoiled on who the combatants will be earlier. A lot of my friends knew it would be Oberyn and Gregor after seeing the episode name.

Well they had mistakenly named the previous episode that, and swiftly changed it when they realized it would give away the suspense. But now everyone knows who the combatants are so it's not much of a spoiler.

Nah. Episode 7 was always Mockingbird. Episode 8 (the next episode) is The Mountain And The Viper.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 22, 2014 6:26 pm

RG lied to me Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 pm

RG said that he couldn't believe that none of us hadn't yet picked up on who the fighters are going to be and then he mentioned the trailers and the future episode names as giving it away. I don't think he said specifically the next episode. So curious me looked up the episode list and saw that ep. 8 is titled The Mountain and the Viper, I then posted it on here but RG deleted my post saying you bunch enjoy a bit of suspense...

Come to think of it RG actually indirectly spoilt it for me. Evil or Very Mad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 22, 2014 9:10 pm

I didn't even know future episode names are out so early.

Speaking of them, 9th episode or the "when the shit goes down" episode is called "The watchers on the wall".............. if they kill off Jon :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 22, 2014 10:35 pm

My guess is EP 9 is when the Wildling army reach their destination.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 22, 2014 10:39 pm

The last episode is called 'The Children'

The hell does that supposed to mean? What children? I didn't even understand why last episode was called Mockingbird.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 22, 2014 10:47 pm

McAgger wrote:
The hell does that supposed to mean? What children? I didn't even understand why last episode was called Mockingbird.
Really non important 'spoilers':
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm

McAgger wrote:The last episode is called 'The Children'

Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Quick question.
I'm so bad when it comes to the geography of GoT. Is Braavos in Essos? And of the places which they have shown so far in the show, which of them are in Essos?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 am

All the places you seen with Dany is in Essos.

Younkai, Mereen, Qarth etc. And yeah Braavos is in Essos.

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 1:24 am

-Everything on the left side of the Narrow Sea is Westeros.
-Everything on the right side of the Narrow Sea until is Jade Sea is Essos.

Game Of Thrones - Part 3 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 39 Free-Shipping-Game-of-Thrones-Map-of-TV-font-b-Season-b-font-Silk-Wall-Poster

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39