iftikhar
Blue
El Chelsea Fuerte
Shed
Kick
24 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Kick Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:21 am

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Page 30 BsIgdIwCAAAIKDH

The Sun's back page.

Apparently, Luis fee is agreed, likely to be around 15m, rising to 20m.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5743809/Filipe-Luis-set-for-Chelsea.html

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Shed Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Filipe Luis closer to Chelsea:
Filipe Luis is closer to becoming a Chelsea player after it was revealed the English club
has decided to pay in full the €24 million transfer clause in the player's contract

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/10/en/football/international_football/1405004760.html

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:22 pm

So, we will have a completely new look defense this time. Do you think it will work better than it did in the last season? Will Terry be still a TOP performer? Isnt he aging? Who will be our fourth CB? Kalas, Zouma, Omeruo-- all will be out on loan.
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't think it'll be new-look at all, tbh. The only change in the first choice 4 imo will be Luis in. Azpi, Cahill and JT will retain their places. As for the back-ups, Ivanovic can deputize at both RB and CB, and Azpi at LB. The only question mark that remains is the CB's, and it remains to be seen whether the club will feel Cahill, JT and Iva is enough cover for an entire season, will hold back either Zouma or Omeruo from loan to come in if need be, or sign a new CB altogether.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Laughing Several pictures going around twitter/instagram allegedly of Pogba in London today. Far more likely just a case of a rich footballer visiting one of the biggest cities in the world during his break, but bound to fan the flames regardless the actual purpose of the visit.

https://twitter.com/fivestarLR/status/487296056376692738
https://twitter.com/zaeeemh/status/487299372158574592
http://instagram.com/p/qR7FIco3Zp
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:25 pm

POST MOAR PICTARDDDSSS

PLEASEE PLEASEE PLEASEEEEEEEE HAPPEN

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OMGGGGGGGGGG PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/iwillslitmywristswhenhedoesntcome
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:51 am

Shed wrote:Filipe Luis closer to Chelsea:
Filipe Luis is closer to becoming a Chelsea player after it was revealed the English club
has decided to pay in full the €24 million transfer clause in the player's contract

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/10/en/football/international_football/1405004760.html

Annoying paying the full price but considering his ability, I am ok with it.
junkyard wrote:So, we will have a completely new look defense this time. Do you think it will work better than it did in the last season? Will Terry be still a TOP performer? Isnt he aging? Who will be our fourth CB? Kalas, Zouma, Omeruo-- all will be out on loan.    
I imagine we'll have Zouma as fourth, perhaps we'll keep PVA as back up LB and go into the season with a starting back four of: Azpilicueta-Cahill-Terry-Luis
Ivanovic will be back up CB/RB, Zouma, back up CB and PVA back up LB.

I imagine Ake and Omeruo will be loaned.
Shed wrote:Laughing Several pictures going around twitter/instagram allegedly of Pogba in London today. Far more likely just a case of a rich footballer visiting one of the biggest cities in the world during his break, but bound to fan the flames regardless the actual purpose of the visit.

https://twitter.com/fivestarLR/status/487296056376692738
https://twitter.com/zaeeemh/status/487299372158574592
http://instagram.com/p/qR7FIco3Zp

Done deal, BOOM :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

Chelsea make £7 million transfer offer for PSG contract rebel Adrien Rabiot:
Chelsea have made a £7million bid for PSG sensation Adrien Rabiot, after the player turned down a new contract at the French club
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/chelsea-make-7million-transfer-offer-for-psg-contract-rebel-adrien-rabiot-4792199/

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 am

Another CM?

I am wondering at what point we will stop hoarding young players?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:59 am

Not likely any time soon. It's too good and too easy a way to make money. We'll end up making profits on players who will have scarcely spent any time at the training ground in their entire Chelsea ownerships, much less the first team; and if any of them by chance turns out to be one of the few who are good enough to make it, they'll just be ushered summarily into the side and we save 8-figures on having to buy an established player for that position. It's easy as pie.

30+ players out on loan every season will become very much the norm I suspect from now on (already has done, really) unless FIFA/UEFA enact legal restrictions on doing so.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:08 am

That is what I am worried about.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:12 am

Which part? The doing it? Or UEFA theoretically banning the doing it? Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:15 am

Doing it.

I understand why we do it, but I don't want to.

I'd much rather keep a few youngsters with great potential around, and sell the rest.

Otherwise I cannot get excited about signing Rabiot, he'll just be another Atsu.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 am

Well tell me what the disadvantages of signing, say, Rabiot are.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:22 am

7m spent on a player that I'd rather see go to a CM who will play for us.

Signing another CM will drop him down the order meaning he'd be very unlikely to actually ever play for us.

Further decreases players like RLC's chances of getting int the first team.

Will make it look like we can't develop youth players when we sell him, ala KDB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 am

Kick wrote:7m spent on a player that I'd rather see go to a CM who will play for us.

We're hardly hard-up for cash, and if we did need the money for a first team player, we wouldn't be pursuing such a thing in the first place. The club's financial status allows it to do this kind of thing. Most clubs can't.

Kick wrote:Signing another CM will drop him down the order meaning he'd be very unlikely to actually ever play for us.

If he proves himself good enough to play for us he'll play for us. If he doesn't he'll be sold. Not sure how that's a bad thing.

Kick wrote:Further decreases players like RLC's chances of getting int the first team.

Whoever's better than the other will will make it, if either is even good enough at all.

Kick wrote:Will make it look like we can't develop youth players when we sell him, ala KDB.

Who cares what people think?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:29 pm

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Page 30 BsS9vdbIYAAFSBH

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 am

As a back up option to Pogba, we can do a lot worse.

If Real are really interested in Ramires, offer a swap deal. Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 am

They should be thinking about getting Pogba at all costs. Only get Khedira when certain there's no way Pogba is moving this summer. This also means we have to act fast, seeing as Arsenal are interested in Khedira.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:33 am

Why do we have to choose between Pogba and Khedira? Why can't we get both and sell either Mikel or Ramires?
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:42 am

Swap Ramires for Khedira and buy Pogba Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Kick, why do we need another CM? I recall you explaining in another thread but I forgot Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Rabiot for 7m? I will bite PSG hands off literally if i had the chance.

I really like the player, from the games i have seen to watch Ibra. A very good rounded player and doesn't turn 20 until next year.

If we decide on the loan route, he can become a player that we can keep or sell for 3X what we paid for.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Paul Pogba's agent says talk of the Juventus man leaving is 'imagination':
The agent of French international midfielder Paul Pogba, Mino Raiola, has dismissed reports claiming his client is to leave the Italian Champions this summer
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9380166/transfer-news-paul-pogbas-agent-dismisses-links-with-chelsea

"All is perfect at Juventus and no meetings are planned, we have nothing else to say."

"The interest of Chelsea? Do you think we are dealing with the Blues just because Paul is in London? These are imaginations."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:47 am

Soul wrote:Kick, why do we need another CM? I recall you explaining in another thread but I forgot Laughing
Well, If we continue with the 4-2-3-1. We only have Matic for the pivot. Ramires, Mikel and Van Ginkel are our other choices, none seem particularly preferable so we need a CM, however, if we loan out MVG, which I see as a real possibility, due to his injury and non-homegrown status, then we need another. So two in total. Pogba and Khedira would be fantastic and would allow us to get rid of either Mikel or Ramires. Since Pogba isn't happening (Sorry Pogba fans) Khedira would be great.

Khedira-Matic with Ramires-Mikel as back up. that is quality imo.

alternatively, we could switch to 4-3-3 and drop Cesc or Oscar back into the three man midfield. Then a runner like Khedira would also be preferable.

All of this, would require us to open up a non-homegrown spot. As we need 8 homegrown or Under-21 players. Obviously we have Cahill, Terry and Cesc for three homegrown spots. but for a 25 man squad, we need 5 more. Lukaku could be one, Zouma can occupy an U-21 spot. thats 5 out of 8. Bertrand/PVA or a homegrown LB would make 6 and if we added Pogba would be 7, since Pogba isn't coming, we need another, Perhaps Blackman, if Cech is sold. If we wanted to have 25, Ake or another youth player could be an emergency defender.

So a squad of something like:
GK: Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman
DEF: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, PVA, Zouma, Luis
MID: Khedira, Matic, Ramires, Mikel
AM: Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Fabregas, Schurrle, Salah
CF: Costa, Lukaku, Torres

That is a 23 man squad, So we could add 1 more non-homegrown player and 1 more homegrown or Under-21 player to that squad.
Blue wrote:Rabiot for 7m? I will bite PSG hands off literally if i had the chance.

I really like the player, from the games i have seen to watch Ibra. A very good rounded player and doesn't turn 20 until next year.

If we decide on the loan route, he can become a player that we can keep or sell for 3X what we paid for.

Ok, maybe I am against it because I won't get excited about the signing, ala Atsu.
Shed wrote:Paul Pogba's agent says talk of the Juventus man leaving is 'imagination':
The agent of French international midfielder Paul Pogba, Mino Raiola, has dismissed reports claiming his client is to leave the Italian Champions this summer
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9380166/transfer-news-paul-pogbas-agent-dismisses-links-with-chelsea

"All is perfect at Juventus and no meetings are planned, we have nothing else to say."

"The interest of Chelsea? Do you think we are dealing with the Blues just because Paul is in London? These are imaginations."

Time to move onto Khedira.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:46 am

...Cesc for three homegrown spots

and if we added Pogba would be 7

Would you please explain. None is either English or from Chelsea academy/youth squad.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next