RedOranje
Vibe
rwo power
sportsczy
McLewis
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot Empty Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot

Post by McLewis Wed May 07, 2014 12:24 pm

French second-tier outfit Clermont Foot have announced that Portuguese manager Helena Costa will take over next season. Costa, 36, will become the first female coach of a French professional club.

Announcing the appointment on Wednesday, a statement on Clermont's website confirmed that Costa – who was most recently coach of the Iran women's team – will be introduced to the media after this season's final fixtures have been completed.

"Clermont Foot 63 has chosen Helena Costa to be our new coach," read the statement.

"Helena Costa came through the ranks at Benfica before taking charge of the women's teams at Odivelas, then the national teams of Qatar and Iran, in addition to working as a scout for Celtic.

"This appointment will allow Clermont Foot 63 to begin a new era, relying on a group of 17 players currently under contract, which will be added young players from the club."

Clermont are 14th in Ligue 2 with two matches to go. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, France had Nelly Viennot as the first woman to be assistant referee in an elite match. Viennot also served as assistant referee in Champions League games.

In Germany, referee Bibiana Steinhaus officiates in second division games. She is the first woman referee in the second Bundesliga and the first to have been a referee in the German Cup.

In Spain, Maria Jose Claramunt is the director of the national team, responsible more for marketing than sporting issues.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/helena-costa-clermont-foot-manager

Potentially historic appointment, I reckon. I don't know much about her so I don't know how she'll do, but this has to be encouraging for women in the club game. It will certainly be interesting to see how she does in such an environment, but she appears to have been in and around the men's game long enough to not be too fazed by what she's probably got in front of her.

Hope she does well with them tbh. Very progressive and forward-thinking move from Clermont that has a 50/50 chance at success or failure.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot Empty Re: Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot

Post by sportsczy Wed May 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot B80d2

Here she is. Very good on the part of Clermont Foot. No reason gender should play a role on who you hire...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot Empty Re: Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot

Post by rwo power Wed May 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Well, there are quite some male coaches in women football, so why not a female coach in men's football, too?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, there are quite some male coaches in women football, so why not a female coach in men's football, too?

Because men should tell women what to do,not the other way around...It's how nature intended :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Damn, McLewis, you're quick to the draw. I was just about to post this story.

It will be interesting to see how this goes. As a second division club in France this probably won't get much publicity beyond the initial report unless something goes very right or very wrong.

Honestly I can't speak to French sporting culture but I'd be concerned in the US or England that this won't end up going well. There's a serious chance (based on what I've seen here and in England) that a female manage simply won't get the respect she deserves, even within the club. Hopefully my fears are unfounded.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Vibe wrote:
rwo power wrote:Well, there are quite some male coaches in women football, so why not a female coach in men's football, too?

Because men should tell women what to do,not the other way around...It's how nature intended :coffee:

Were this another poster, I would feel obligated to remove the post and warn the poster. However, I know that vibe says this in jest and is, in fact, an enlightened individual who's social mores do not stem from the 1950s.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Vibe wrote:Because men should tell women what to do,not the other way around...It's how nature intended :coffee:
Too bad for you that I'm a mod here and you are only a lowly user. I could consider giving you a punishment, so better listen to what I tell you to do or not to do. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Meh,there nothing more you can do to me,my girlfriend is already bossing me on a daily basis.In fact I'm currently under orders to find a suitable summer vacation arrangement online yet I'm browsing GL instead #thuglife
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed May 07, 2014 1:23 pm

I can just see the headlines now: Mourinho makes sexist remark against his female counterpart in the Champion's League Semi's. Mou goes on to win. Year 2020 :coffee:

Congrats for her. This is pretty exciting news. I hope we see more female coaches in top leagues in the years to come!
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Vibe wrote:Meh,there nothing more you can do to me,my girlfriend is already bossing me on a daily basis.In fact I'm currently under orders to find a suitable summer vacation arrangement online yet I'm browsing GL instead #thuglife

Just kidding babe,in case you check my browsing history (I know you do,thanks for keeping me under control  Heart ) I have 2 tabs open will find that arrangement in no time.Summer here we come...Love you  :wub: 

HELP ME
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 pm

:bow: what an encouragement for women in football world, a very bright example indeed.
vibe Proud cant deny what you all said

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 07, 2014 2:22 pm

It's a brave appointment and brave of her to make the switch to men's football. Most of all I hope it will be an experience she will be able to enjoy with minimal gender-based hardships.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 07, 2014 2:29 pm

I remember when Gaucci Viterbese president ( he was also president of Perugia,Catania and Sambenedettese.. before it was possibile in Italy Laughing ) tried same thing . Viterbese played in Italian third division , and the coach was Carolina Morace.

Sacked too soon , although Gaucci did same thing also with men Laughing

I think  she will not last much too

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed May 07, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sam)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Wishing her well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed May 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Interested to see what she accomplishes.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Oh she'll last. The club is solid. Most managers leave to go to bigger jobs like Der Zakarian went back to Nantes.

Good developer of talent too. Here are some of the current players formed at Clermont Foot:
- Benatia
- Alessandrini
- Brahimi
- Sylvain Armand
- Yatabare

Good club tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 07, 2014 3:32 pm

I was part of a team once managed by one of my mate's mother Proud

Good luck to Helena. No one should raise an eyebrow to this story. She was picked on merit and is better than her competitors for the job.

She will do well and hopefully we see more of this.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 07, 2014 3:45 pm

This feels a bit weird to me but then again having male coaches for female teams makes me feel the same way. hmm

But hey if she's good at her job then more power to her.  Very Happy 
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 07, 2014 4:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh she'll last.  The club is solid.  Most managers leave to go to bigger jobs like Der Zakarian went back to Nantes.

Good developer of talent too.  Here are some of the current players formed at Clermont Foot:
-  Benatia
-  Alessandrini
-  Brahimi
-  Sylvain Armand
-  Yatabare

Good club tbh.

isn't benatia a marseille product ?  hmm 
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed May 07, 2014 5:12 pm

I have never understood why guys manage women's teams. What happens when they are in the changing room, do the guys have to wait outside when the women are showering and walking around the room naked? It seems set up for some massive scandal to occur.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 pm

If she's got a commanding personality, she'll do well me thinks. That's even disregarding her talents as a coach. Good luck to Helena. Definitely going to cheer for her and her club.

Doesn't look like she's got that great of an experience, and she's fairly young.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 07, 2014 7:17 pm

I just noticed she was the former coach of Iran's women team. hmm

She's definitely a tough one, wish her luck and success.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Arq has competition for his sig. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:I have never understood why guys manage women's teams. What happens when they are in the changing room, do the guys have to wait outside when the women are showering and walking around the room naked? It seems set up for some massive scandal to occur.
Well, in Germany we had male coaches for women teams for ages, and so far I can't remember any scandals there. I guess if both sides stay respectful, there should be no problem.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Arq has competition for his sig. hmm

How? I've never had a woman in my signiture.

As for Vibe, once he's done being p*ssywhipped he'll understand that there is an element of truth behind his "jest".

For for Costa, all the best to her. Have heard many great things behind his methods though Ligue 2 is a difficult division to manage in.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next