Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

+21
RobbyV
El Chelsea Fuerte
Busby Babe
EarlyPrototype
guest7
Mr Nick09
McLewis
TheRedStag
M99
xabi
Swanhends
Nishankly
Red Alert
iNFINITY9910
The Franchise
Sushi Master
teamanarchy
fatman123
Guiltybystander
uzonero
milanfan7
25 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  Empty Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by milanfan7 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 am

I don't know I'd this has already been posted,but:
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2380210,00.html

Whqt do you guys think?
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by uzonero Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 am

Good move by chelsea, i can't think of any better option than him
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 am

What a traitor Villas-Boas is.

But good move by Chelsea! I hope they give him some time though.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:What a traitor Villas-Boas is.

But good move by Chelsea! I hope they give him some time though.

was he ment to spend the rest of his career at porto then?

anyway he was at chelsea before he was at porto, if anything hes returning to his rooots
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Kind of sad...
I wanted to see him create a little continuity at Porto.
But at the end of the day, this could be a very good career move... ask Jose
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

I think it is kind of lame of him to leave Porto at this point - he should support the team he build for another year at least. There is also more honour in guiding a team like Porto to prices than in being a mercenary.

And you can't really say his roots are at Chelsea - he followed Mou around, that's different.

Alas, loyalty in football is dead.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:29 pm

It was inevitable he moved, but I was hoping he'd stay a few years in Porto and make them into a great side which they almost are.

Congrast to Chelsea. Now we'll see if he's the big thing or not.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:I think it is kind of lame of him to leave Porto at this point - he should support the team he build for another year at least. There is also more honour in guiding a team like Porto to prices than in being a mercenary.

And you can't really say his roots are at Chelsea - he followed Mou around, that's different.

youre sig compliments this message perfectly
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
I think it is kind of lame of him to leave Porto at this point - he should support the team he build for another year at least. There is also more honour in guiding a team like Porto to prices than in being a mercenary.

Butthurt because your once sympathetic team even managed to surpass the original mercenary team in being a money machine?

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:I think it is kind of lame of him to leave Porto at this point - he should support the team he build for another year at least. There is also more honour in guiding a team like Porto to prices than in being a mercenary.

How so?
Stop trolling...
Alonso himself said that Benitez pushed him away...

BTW, AVB is just a symptom of dying loyalty.
And the truth is, at Chelsea, he will be able to achieve far more than he ever could at Porto.
Winning the Portuguese league again is one thing.
Beating SAF to the EPL title is another, and so is winning chelsea's first ever UCL...
Which is obviously what he's targetting
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

SMH. Dissapointed.

Couldnt stay for at least 1 more season, take the team he built in the CL? Not like he wouldnt of been hot property next year.

Doing well in the CL with Porto would of only enhanced his reputation.

Wish him the best none the less, great tactican, but Chelsea probably need more then a new coach.

And LOL@ returning to his roots at Chelsea, he was born in Porto and been a Porto fan his entire life. He followed Mourinho around like a good assistant to Chelsea and Inter, thats it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Butthurt because your once sympathetic team even managed to surpass the original mercenary team in being a money machine?

im not sure who the "original mercenary team" is but pretty ironic from a RM fan to talk about a "money machine", after all madrid are the personification of splashing ridiculous transfer fees (ronaldo) and buying a hwole new XI (TWO sets of galacticos)

teamanarchy wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

How so?
Stop trolling...

And the truth is, at Chelsea, he will be able to achieve far more than he ever could at Porto.
Beating SAF to the EPL title is another, and so is winning chelsea's first ever UCL...

ok to the "how so? stop trolling" crap it had nothing to do with his sig actually being alonso it was the "what the f*uck" reaction hes doing in the sig which acts as a mirror to his earlier comment, pick at straws elsewhere

and to that second bit:

theres a difference between a lack of loyalty (Sven erickson, anelka, Capeelo if he goes inter etc) then moving on to attempt to fry bigger fish (mou when he moved to chelsea, Woy to 'pool and arguable Conte to juve)
if the bloke wants to be out of the coaching game by the times hes 50 and have won all there is to win then really he hasnt got that much time.
and how much bad can he do to the club, i mean assuming he doesnt buy their entire starting XI (i rekon he'll only want hulk personally) look at what he leaves behind, Europa league champions and undefeated in the league, not bad legacy(poor word choice but u know what i mean) to leave for the new manager
and as for him winning our first CL as much as i want it im a bit skeptical of his ability to manage our dressing room, i mean lamps and drog are the same age as him, Hilario is 2yrs older then him! im just a bit worried about that

and this:
Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  Hatersgonnahate
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:

Guiltybystander wrote:

Butthurt because your once sympathetic team even managed to surpass the original mercenary team in being a money machine?

Heh... its obvious who got butt hurt Surprised
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:SMH. Dissapointed.

Couldnt stay for at least 1 more season, take the team he built in the CL? Not like he wouldnt of been hot property next year.

Wish him the best none the less, great tactican, but Chelsea probably need more then a new coach.

And LOL@ returning to his roots at Chelsea, he was born in Porto and been a Porto fan his entire life. He followed Mourinho around like a good assistant to Chelsea and Inter, thats it.

The truth is... he probably would have ended up at Chelsea anyways...
It's only natural as his career progresses, he's going to live in Mourinho's shadow. And he'll be seen as "the next Mou"...
So the way I see it, it is inevitable for him to become the manager for Chelsea. He's just jumping ahead in the process... instead of "wasting his time at Porto".

I mean, let's say he did stay at Porto... In fact, let's say he stayed at Porto for the next 5 years of his career (which will probably continue for another 40 years).
In 5 years time, what would we be saying of him.
Yes, he won the Champion's League with Porto. Well done. So did mourinho...
He's won the Portuguese league for 5 consecutive years. Well done. But he hasn't proven himself in one of Europe's biggest leagues... the EPL.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:04 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Butthurt because your once sympathetic team even managed to surpass the original mercenary team in being a money machine?

im not sure who the "original mercenary team" is but pretty ironic from a RM fan to talk about a "money machine", after all madrid are the personification of splashing ridiculous transfer fees (ronaldo) and buying a hwole new XI (TWO sets of galacticos)

teamanarchy wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

How so?
Stop trolling...

ok to the "how so? stop trolling" crap it had nothing to do with his sig actually being alonso it was the "what the f*uck" reaction hes doing in the sig which acts as a mirror to his earlier comment, pick at straws elsewhere

and to that second bit:

theres a difference between a lack of loyalty (Sven erickson, anelka, Capeelo if he goes inter etc) then moving on to attempt to fry bigger fish (mou when he moved to chelsea, Woy to 'pool and arguable Conte to juve)
if the bloke wants to be out of the coaching game by the times hes 50 and have won all there is to win then really he hasnt got that much time.
and how much bad can he do to the club, i mean assuming he doesnt buy their entire starting XI (i rekon he'll only want hulk personally) look at what he leaves behind, Europa league champions and undefeated in the league, not bad legacy(poor word choice but u know what i mean) to leave for the new manager
and as for him winning our first CL as much as i want it im a bit skeptical of his ability to manage our dressing room, i mean lamps and drog are the same age as him, Hilario is 2yrs older then him! im just a bit worried about that

and this:

FIRST: I was talking about Madrid being a mercenary team, because I thought that was what you implied when you mentioned my sig (because calling out Alonso for disloyalty is hilarious, and I didn't see anything WTF about my comment), and that Chelsea has become much worse.

SECOND: How the hell is Villas-Boas in a hurry? As you said, he is younger than some of the players in your team. He could have stayed with Porto for another year, where indeed his allegiances lay.

THIRD: I agree that this is a sad time to be a Chelsea fan, because the reality is, is that you have lost all the identity you had and are only slightly less unsympathetic than City. Buying away young coaches from developing something new and fresh with a young, small team is not going to help you. Chelsea needs to change fundamentally. I won't be surprised if you'd win big prices next year, but what is it worth if it isn't real?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:

Guiltybystander wrote:

Heh... its obvious who got butt hurt Surprised

just doing my bit to keep everyone onside Wink
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:07 pm

fatman123 wrote:

teamanarchy wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

How so?
Stop trolling...

and to that second bit:

and this:
I'm sorry for misunderstanding your comment. Seriously. Just saw it the wrong way.
And read my comments above...
I'm completely neutral in this argument.
I'm not a Chelsea fan... but I don't hate them either...
Nor do I have any alleigence to Porto.
To be frank, I just wanna see AVB succeed. In the long-term, perhaps he'll one day manage Real Madrid... Razz
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Total compensation to managers hired/fired by Abramovich: £62m

:coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:11 pm

ynwa wrote:Total compensation to managers hired/fired by Abramovich: £62m

More than what Liverpool has spent on players since 4-5 years Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm

teamanarchy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:SMH. Dissapointed.

The truth is... he probably would have ended up at Chelsea anyways...
It's only natural as his career progresses, he's going to live in Mourinho's shadow. And he'll be seen as "the next Mou"...
So the way I see it, it is inevitable for him to become the manager for Chelsea. He's just jumping ahead in the process... instead of "wasting his time at Porto".

I mean, let's say he did stay at Porto... In fact, let's say he stayed at Porto for the next 5 years of his career (which will probably continue for another 40 years).
In 5 years time, what would we be saying of him.
Yes, he won the Champion's League with Porto. Well done. So did mourinho...
He's won the Portuguese league for 5 consecutive years. Well done. But he hasn't proven himself in one of Europe's biggest leagues... the EPL.

So? I dont mind him leaving, it was expected. Just after one season, for a guy who has been a fan his entire life...sour taste im left with. All I am saying is 2 seasons instead of 1.

How is it wasting time? He is 33 not 73. Another year would of actually been better for him. If he coached Porto to a CL quarter or semi going out to a giant..his rep goes up. Right now, he is the coach who dominated the Portuguese league and won the EL...its not quite as impressive.

If he gets off to a slow start, he is more sackable then if he actually did something impressive in the CL.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Over how many years? Smile Still its a bit too much, I agree. But when you build a team its not that easy.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm

thats scary stuff

none of this crap wouldne happened if we'd held onto mou
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:

So? I dont mind him leaving, it was expected. Just after one season, for a guy who has been a fan his entire life...sour taste im left with. All I am saying is 2 seasons instead of 1.

How is it wasting time? He is 33 not 73. Another year would of actually been better for him. If he coached Porto to a CL quarter or semi going out to a giant..his rep goes up. Right now, he is the coach who dominated the Portuguese league and won the EL...its not quite as impressive.

If he gets off to a slow start, he is more sackable then if he actually did something impressive in the CL.

And we must remember that Chelsea is not exactly a perfect footballing team.. The environment there is totally different than other Football clubs...
Boas should know what to expect..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 pm

teamanarchy wrote:
I'm sorry for misunderstanding your comment. Seriously. Just saw it the wrong way.
And read my comments above...
I'm completely neutral in this argument.
I'm not a Chelsea fan... but I don't hate them either...
Nor do I have any alleigence to Porto.
To be frank, I just wanna see AVB succeed. In the long-term, perhaps he'll one day manage Real Madrid... Razz

no worries mate
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:17 pm

>Tells us hes staying at Porto
>Jumps ship to Chelsea

I suppose even he recognizes what kind of shape were in

Balotelli has cursed us
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next