RedOranje
Vibe
rwo power
sportsczy
McLewis
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot - Page 2 Empty Re: Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Arq has competition for his sig. hmm

How? I've never had a woman in my signiture.

As for Vibe, once he's done being p*ssywhipped he'll understand that there is an element of truth behind his "jest".

For for Costa, all the best to her. Have heard many great things behind his methods though Ligue 2 is a difficult division to manage in.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot - Page 2 Empty Re: Corinne Diacre appointed coach of Ligue 2 outfit Clermont Foot

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:37 am

http://www.beinsports.tv/news/article/ziokmfkat5l015ke261c9s9tv/title/helena-costa

What happened?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:39 am

Most likely resistance within the club (behind the scenes) to her appointment that would have made her position untenable had she attempted to act as the manager during the season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:59 am

Well that sucks Sad
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:27 am

Coward move by here and terrible for women in the sport. The clib was behind her 100%. If there was player resistance... well, what did she expect? That was a given and something she needed to overcome. she was going to have to earn respect from some of the players.

Anyhow, there's a press conference today and we should get an idea as to why she quit a day before the start of traiing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 am

Press conference today... where she appeared alone, spoke in English for 7 minutes and revealed nothing.  The club president drove up after she had left and basically ripped her a new arsehole.  He said:  "She didn't give us any rational or justifiable reason for her decision."  He added:  "I'm not the first guy who's been abandoned by a woman." Laughing

The tragedy is that it will take a long time before anyone will take this kind of risk again.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:26 pm

There is definitely some justifiable reason behind her abandoning the post. Think she was being professional in not revealing anything behind the scenes but now that the president has said those words, I'd definitely hope she comes out and explains it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:55 pm

McAgger wrote:There is definitely some justifiable reason behind her abandoning the post. Think she was being professional in not revealing anything behind the scenes but now that the president has said those words, I'd definitely hope she comes out and explains it.

This.

People just don't quit jobs for inexplicable reasons. Something happened here and she's not telling. Simple as that. She will eventually, I think.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Well what did she think was going to happen.  It's like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in baseball except you're not allowed to be overtly sexist/racist in today's world and you have much better support to help you today.  Regardless... it's going to be tough.  Whatever you do, you don't quit.  You make them fire you if anything...  but you don't quit, especially when the club ownership/president have your back.  If she was expecting an easy road, then she was dillusional.

She ended up chickening out.  End of.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:Well what did she think was going to happen.  It's like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in baseball except you're not allowed to be overtly sexist/racist in today's world and you have much better support to help you today.  Regardless... it's going to be tough.  Whatever you do, you don't quit.  You make them fire you if anything...  but you don't quit, especially when the club ownership/president have your back.  If she was expecting an easy road, then she was dillusional.

She ended up chickening out.  End of.

Let's just judge someone when we clearly don't know her reasons, right ?.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:29 pm

her reasons are that the staff of the club was working without her. the director was making transfers without informing her, she sent emails no one responded to. Someone at the club told here "Stop annoying me with your questions, i am not your personal assistant, jog on" etc...

basically, there was internal resistance to her appointment, she felt disrespected and she decided to quit.

She chickened out imo, people were never going to roll over for her, a woman as manager. I dont think she knew what she was getting into.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:36 pm

The thing is that she only arrived in France yday. If she wanted people to listen to her and get herself involved, she needed to arrive and force her authority on people. Yet, she decided to quit because some of her emails went unanswered?? ffs. What did she expect. Of course there was going to be resistance. She got hired and people at the club got passed over...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:49 am

I'll wait until there's official reasoning behind her departure. I'd also like to hear her side as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:37 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:her reasons are that the staff of the club was working without her. the director was making transfers without informing her, she sent emails no one responded to. Someone at the club told here "Stop annoying me with your questions, i am not your personal assistant, jog on" etc...

basically, there was internal resistance to her appointment, she felt disrespected and she decided to quit.

She chickened out imo, people were never going to roll over for her, a woman as manager. I dont think she knew what she was getting into.

I don't know if this is true and I won't make assumptions but if this is true : She is right to expect to be informed about the transfers . Not getting any reponses isn't normal.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:44 am

if getting ignored on transfers and being told to only worry about coaching the players given are the reasons..... Madrid would never have had a coach until 2010 Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:05 am

Still not nice to see someone quit because they feel immediate resistance based on their gender.
If that is how it was I can understand someone taking the position of not being bothered for it.

It's hard enough managing a football team without having your own staff members working against you.

You can say what she should have done is force her authority... as admirable as that would be the reality is, its a lot easier said than done.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:23 am

What did she expect? Every pioneer has faced heavy resistance because of the change they bring. Jackie Robinson, etc. What those guys faced was much worse than anything she would have faced too... much worse. Costa had to be the most naive person in the world if she expected anything other than a big challenge here.

She just chickened out... plain and simple. The worse part is that she did it a day before the start of training after arriving in France the day before training. Completely unprofessional on her part.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:08 am

Well, but if she doesn't even get replies and the staff actively works against her, this makes it virtually impossible for her to do anything. And if she had taken them by the collar, it would have been reported as her being a bi-- Err, female dog. It obviously was a lose-lose situation.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 am

She never even came to France RWO...  she was sending email in ENGLISH and never even showed up to camp.  She is not in charge of transfers anyhow.  IF she had shown up AND after at least a couple of week IN PERSON, there was too much trouble...  ok.  But to quit before even showing up at work?  Pathetic.  Just pathetic.

I went to a firm where internal people were passed up for promotion and i got the job.  This was in investment banking in NY too.  You want to talk about hostile and predatory.... that was as bad as it got.  But i went there and kicked arse until everyone realized that they had to respect me or i was going to crush their careers.  If people play hard ball with you, you play hard ball back.  Never in my mind did i consider quitting although i was being undermined even before i got there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:08 am

Well, one doesn't know if there was more about it, though, so it is probably mote to speculate what exactly has happened.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:51 am

I still don't think we know enough about this to be absolutely certain of her reasons for leaving. This all seems like speculation to me.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:She never even came to France RWO...  she was sending email in ENGLISH and never even showed up to camp.  She is not in charge of transfers anyhow.  IF she had shown up AND after at least a couple of week IN PERSON, there was too much trouble...  ok.  But to quit before even showing up at work?  Pathetic.  Just pathetic.

I went to a firm where internal people were passed up for promotion and i got the job.  This was in investment banking in NY too.  You want to talk about hostile and predatory.... that was as bad as it got.  But i went there and kicked arse until everyone realized that they had to respect me or i was going to crush their careers.  If people play hard ball with you, you play hard ball back.  Never in my mind did i consider quitting although i was being undermined even before i got there.

Sports what a boss :bow: Can I ask you for some financial advice,I have some troubles?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:11 pm

It's just life dude... if you're ambitious and move up in the corporate ladder, you are necessarily going to have people bitter at you. It's worse if there's an internal promotion system in place and you come from the outside. You can be naive and think everyone's going to get over it immediately and embrace your arrival... or you can be realistic and prepare to deal with the inevitable hostility of some.

i have a very hard time believing Costa was so naive. I hope there's a good reason for what she did other than "people weren't answering my emails before i arrived".
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Club operations and transfers happen behind a male manager's back and he walks: "Good on him, those are not suitable working conditions and he'd have only hurt his career by trying to work and inevitably struggling in such conditions."

A woman does the same, "I can't believe she chickened out and walked away."

And don't even pretend that isn't the case, we've seen the exact situations play out with Rafa at Liverpool and several other instances and that is EXACTLY what's happened.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am

Not before they even showed up the club RO.  She KNEW that she had no control over transfers.  She didn't even step foot in France...  she showed up, told the president she was quitting and left within 24 hours.  That was the extent of her physical time at Clermont.

Don't compare apples to oranges.  Rafa left after he was at Liverpool for years and couldn't influence certain things anymore.  He didn't give up.... he fought to get the things he wanted and then left when he wasn't able to get where he wanted.

You can't know how things are unless you spend actual time with the club.  WTF did she expect? She was going to wave a magic wand over the internet and everything would be perfect before she arrived?? You're not going to get a feel for anything exchanging emails from Portugal ffs. And if you don't like how things are, you come to the club, fight to get your way... and then leave if it really doesn't work out.

This is cowardice pure and simple.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:05 am

sportsczy wrote:Oh she'll last. The club is solid. Most managers leave to go to bigger jobs like Der Zakarian went back to Nantes.

Good developer of talent too. Here are some of the current players formed at Clermont Foot:
- Benatia
- Alessandrini
- Brahimi
- Sylvain Armand
- Yatabare

Good club tbh.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next