Gil
sportsczy
Abramovich
Mr Nick09
RealGunner
68 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: World Cup 14 Squads Discussion

Post by Arquitecto Mon 19 May 2014 - 20:45

That's a skewed view considering if not for Adler, HSV would be relegated more than a month ago as a few sketchy mistakes should not rule him out, ESPECIALLY considering both Leno and Ter Stegen had average seasons and the fact that are unproven for Germany, compared to Adler who has been solid for the white.

He's simply in all standard the best and most reliable replacement for Neuer as I see it.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: World Cup 14 Squads Discussion

Post by rwo power Mon 19 May 2014 - 20:51

Arquitescu wrote:He's simply in all standard the best and most reliable replacement for Neuer as I see it.
Except that he currently suffers from a herniated vertebral disc.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:04

What about Weidenfeller? Should he be the no1 if Neuer pulls out?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:06

rwo power wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:He's simply in all standard the best and most reliable replacement for Neuer as I see it.
Except that he currently suffers from a herniated vertebral disc.

I know, I'm speaking on paper.

And his back has always been a ticking timb bomb similar to knee injuries. Very detrimental injury especially to goalkeepers.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:10

Isn't Zieler our second goalie anyway?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:28

Portugal WC 23

Guarda-redes: Rui Patricio, Beto e Eduardo.

Defesas: André Almeida, Bruno Alves, Coentrão, Pepe, João Pereira, Neto e Ricardo Costa

Médios: Moutinho, Miguel Veloso, Raúl Meireles, Rúben Amorim, William Carvalho e Rafa

Avançados: CR7, Éder, Postiga, Hugo Almeida, Nani, Varela e Vieirinha.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:31

Squad is the definition of mediocrity...Belgium will destroy them.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:39

they have a better squad than belgium lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:41

Mr Nick09 wrote:they have a better squad than belgium lol

LMFAOOOOO. Only Coentrao, Pepe, Moutinho and CR would get into the Belgium team. Not even going to mention's Belgium's overall squad depth either.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:43

most of the lads in that belgium team are quite overrated. they literally have proved nothing in their careers lol.

likewise, i would also tell you that only hazard, kompany and courtois, and maybe lukaku could get into portugal team lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:46

Mr Nick09 wrote:most of the lads in that belgium team are quite overrated. they literally have proved nothing in their careers lol.

likewise, i would also tell you that only hazard, kompany and courtois, and maybe lukaku could get into portugal team lol

What a ridiculous post. The majority of the squad is experienced and their are multiple "winners" in there.

"Maybe" Lukaku rofl

GET OUT. Even the likes of Origi and Batashauyi would be starting for this Portuguese team ffs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 19 May 2014 - 21:55

Ronaldo first ever Portuguese player to play in 3 WC's.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Mon 19 May 2014 - 22:05

Not sure why we even talking about Portugal v Belgium, knowing that Muntari will lead Ghana to 2nd Laughing

Spoiler:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 19 May 2014 - 22:10

Ghana :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon 19 May 2014 - 23:02

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Ghana :bow:

The love for my nation is touching Proud
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 19 May 2014 - 23:59

Hapless_Hans wrote:Isn't Zieler our second goalie anyway?
Hm. Good question. I can't see him as Nr.2, though. Unfortunately I'm not 100% comfortable with Roman Weidenfeller either, although Weide has the big advantage that he knows Hummels, Schmelzer and Großkreutz perfectly from Dortmund. Weide is very solid and experienced, but he is more a member of the more classic GK school.

If Manuel Neuer really would be out due to injury, I think it might be sensible to take Marc-André ter Stegen along (as he already played for the NT), although I suspect that Jogi Löw might favour Bernd Leno. René Adler is too much of a risk due to his back injury. Personally, I would probably even favour Ralf Fährmann before ter Stegen or Leno as he played a stellar Rückrunde for Schalke this year, but Fährmann hasn't been around the NT so far at all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 20 May 2014 - 0:01

What position does Asamoah play for Ghana these days?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue 20 May 2014 - 3:22

Mr Nick09 wrote:Portugal WC 23

Guarda-redes: Rui Patricio, Beto e Eduardo.

Defesas: André Almeida, Bruno Alves, Coentrão, Pepe, João Pereira, Neto e Ricardo Costa

Médios: Moutinho, Miguel Veloso, Raúl Meireles, Rúben Amorim, William Carvalho e Rafa

Avançados: CR7, Éder, Postiga, Hugo Almeida, Nani, Varela e Vieirinha.

They haven't called Rolando , definitely one of best Serie A defenders this year , for some scrubs come Neto and Ricardo Costa  rofl  rofl 

I' m schocked.

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue 20 May 2014 - 3:25; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 20 May 2014 - 3:24

Neto is pathetic
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 20 May 2014 - 8:09

Mandanda is injured and will be out of the World Cup. Ruffier will replace him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue 20 May 2014 - 9:02

Well, Stéphane Ruffier wasn't the worst for AS St.Étienne.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 20 May 2014 - 10:13

rwo power wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Isn't Zieler our second goalie anyway?
Hm. Good question. I can't see him as Nr.2, though. Unfortunately I'm not 100% comfortable with Roman Weidenfeller either, although Weide has the big advantage that he knows Hummels, Schmelzer and Großkreutz perfectly from Dortmund. Weide is very solid and experienced, but he is more a member of the more classic GK school.

If Manuel Neuer really would be out due to injury, I think it might be sensible  to take Marc-André ter Stegen along (as he already played for the NT), although I suspect that Jogi Löw might favour Bernd Leno. René Adler is too much of a risk due to his back injury. Personally, I would probably even favour Ralf Fährmann before ter Stegen or Leno as he played a stellar Rückrunde for Schalke this year, but Fährmann hasn't been around the NT so far at all.

I agree with all of that, but I was merely wondering what the official pecking order is. And there as far as I know Zieler is the number 2, right?
So IF Neuer would miss the WC (which he of course won't) probably Ter Stegen would join as 3rd goalkeeper, but I think Zieler would play, as Löw would have to justify putting a goalkeeper ahead of the nominal no 2 that he didn't plan on bringing in the first place.

Plus Löw more often than not values national team hierarchy and experience more than present day form.

Löw doesn't want Weidenfeller anyway, he only gave him one appearance as a gesture.

Doesn'T matter though, as Neuer will be fine in a few days.
So the WC won't have to be played without the world's best player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 20 May 2014 - 10:16

rwo power wrote:Well, Stéphane Ruffier wasn't the worst for AS St.Étienne.
He was actually better than Mandanda and i'm a OM fan.  Mandanda has a very hard time with long shots... Ruffier doesn't have that problem and he's just as physical.

I would have liked to see the best GK prospect, Boucher of Toulouse who is really great, as the 3rd keeper.  But i can understand the reasons for Landreau.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue 20 May 2014 - 12:09

Well, Mickael Landreau was solid when I happened to see him and I guess he won't disrupt the dressing room, so he is a solid third choice. It'll be his last chance to be at a world cup, and I guess he will prolly use this a farewell tour.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue 20 May 2014 - 12:26

Hapless_Hans wrote:I agree with all of that, but I was merely wondering what the official pecking order is. And there as far as I know Zieler is the number 2, right?
Hm. Unfortunately it really might be that Jogi Löw considers Ron-Robert Zieler the Nr.2 - something I would strongly disagree with, but we know "our" Bundes-Jogi, don't we?

Hapless_Hans wrote:So IF Neuer would miss the WC (which he of course won't) probably Ter Stegen would join as 3rd goalkeeper, but I think Zieler would play, as Löw would have to justify putting a goalkeeper ahead of the nominal no 2 that he didn't plan on bringing in the first place.
Letting Zieler play before Roman Weidenfeller would be the next stupid Löw decision, if you ask me. If it were between Zieler and Weide, then I would choose the latter for his experience, constant good performances at Dortmund and familiarity with the Dortmund defenders.

Hapless_Hans wrote:Plus Löw more often than not values national team hierarchy and experience more than present day form.
Unfortunately - because if it were for form, the goalies to take along should be Manu Neuer, Weide and Ralf Fährmann.

Hapless_Hans wrote:Doesn't matter though, as Neuer will be fine in a few days.
So the WC won't have to be played without the world's best player.
Indeed. No Neuer, no party. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 20 May 2014 - 15:05

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 14 BoFLfTwIEAAjJ2H

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum