Mr Nick09
dmize
izzy
Juveman17
LeSwagg James
24 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:31 pm

What's there to disagree with? the only time i gave an opinion was at the end with the mount rushmore and Bird bit not surpassing Duncan and Kobe.

If you disagree then that's your opinion, but for me he's got a long way to go yet.

The rest of my post isn't really opinionated, its facts of what has happened

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:45 pm

It's not really all facts really, it's just a sensationalist response to fanboys.

He had Bosh, Wade, etc. So?
Did we not constantly lament Bosh and Wade for the ENTIRE season and majority of the playoffs? Now, all of a sudden, he has Wade and Bosh? Not really. Seems odd imo.

Also, he has a losing record in the finals? No, his teams have a losing record in the finals, just many of the other greats.

Again, it's sensationalist response to fanboys who you guys take too seriously.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:22 pm

I will steal a quote from another forum I lurk on, one of the better posters on there wrote this.

agreed.  the growing theme is definitely " who to blame on Miami " when there should just be more praise for SAS instead.  it's mostly coming from LeBron defenders tho.  but like i said earlier..we're 4 missed SAS free throws away from a sweep in this.  last year's Finals fooled people with the SAS choke job between Manu/Kawhi/Popovich..on occasions that the Spurs choke, they usually do it before they get to The Finals.  

that being said, the Heat's leadership structure is still being exposed.  they all get on Chalmers when he fuucks up, but what about holding eachother accountable?  we know LeBron's a people pleaser and Mr. Friendly, so i wouldn't expect him to get in Wade's face and really wake him up.  and what can Wade say to anybody when he's gettin shiit on himself?  he's been reduced to part-time player as far as the entire season goes and he's just basically jogging up and down out there.  Riley's voice probably only travels so far at this point.  so instead of the effort issue being quelled ASAP, before they lose..i could see Riley/LeBron/Wade colluding to vote Bosh off the island this summer.  and if they're smart it'll be for a Melo addition..he still has more than enough juice left in his game.  they need that extra talent to make up for a shaky leadership structure.  hell, i'm surprised they even repeated with that sort of leadership structure in place, but they did get lucky last year with the Allen step-back 3 ball and all that + there's no real challenge in the east.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 pm

izzy wrote:It's not really all facts really, it's just a sensationalist response to fanboys.

He had Bosh, Wade, etc. So?
Did we not constantly lament Bosh and Wade for the ENTIRE season and majority of the playoffs? Now, all of a sudden, he has Wade and Bosh? Not really. Seems odd imo.

Also, he has a losing record in the finals? No, his teams have a losing record in the finals, just many of the other greats.

Again, it's sensationalist response to fanboys who you guys take too seriously.

This.. Doesn't matter who you have if they play like shit, but whatever have your fun Laughing

@ Mole
You talk about Bron not showing up after the first quarter, not scoring doesn't mean you're not showing up, he was clearly trying to get his team mates involved.. He knows he can't do it by himself against this team, he gave them a big lead and the team is supposed to pitch in to maintain it

Put any great perimeter player on this Heat team with their lack of production, and they they get raped by this Spurs team..

Like I said, have your fun while you can.. Take your shots and continue to ignore  that there was still an OT and a full game 7 after Allen's 3 Laughing

Last edited by LeSwagg James on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:53 pm

The Spurs won an NBA-record 12 postseason games by at least 15 or more points, including three such wins against the Heat. In fact, San Antonio's +70 point differential in the Finals was the largest in league history.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140616/spurs-win-nba-finals-greatest-legacy-heat-tim-duncan/#ixzz34oWzKum0
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Mole the problem is the rest of the team effectively failed to show up. Sure on paper he "had" Bosh, Wade and Allen. In reality, they played the entire series without a PG as Chalmers was nonexistent. Wade, despite a few moments, was very poor both offensively and defensively. Bosh failed to make much of an impact, which was evident when he shot 0-6 from downtown in Game 5.

So Lebron really couldn't do more against a better team when his team quite literally dragged him down. But overall the Spurs deserved it.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:49 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 FluffySentimentalEastrussiancoursinghounds

lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 pm

The real know..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2098643-kevin-durant-believes-kawhi-leonard-is-product-of-spurs-system?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true?is_shared=true
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Like KD's assessment of anything has any value.

He still doesnt know Westbrook shoots too much.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Just funny to me how a few weeks back some of the heat fans were talking so differently. Maybe it's not that Heat players didn't show up, but that the Spurs defended well. But no, please continue with the excuses and lack of praise for the Spurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:46 pm

KD should push Brooks out then, they have greater talent but a useless coach... Maybe then they good get something that resembles an offensive system
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 am

I dont know if your referring to me Dom but its obvious the Spurs were the better team and played absolutely beautiful basketball. Fundamentals at its finest. Its just the shock factor of how poor the two time defending champions were that they only managed 1 win.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:48 am

I was mostly trolling about what i said apart from the Mount Rushmore and Bird etc etc..... i genuinely do believe he has a way to go to catch them guys.

But i do find it interesting that Lebron is absolved of all blame.... go through the last 3 games he had 3 good quarters max.

Yes his team mates didn't step up but the dude was utterly dominated by the FMVP, in game 5 through 2-4 quarters he was a passive no show.

At some point when you're the best player in the world you have to stop the bleeding, at some point in the 2nd quarter San Antonio went on like a 16-0 run....( mainly with him on the court) you're not going to sit there and tell me he couldn't have done something about that.

It was the same case in Game 3 and 4, for 3 quarters of each game he was a passive no show and the bloke guarding him in Kawhi Leonard utterly dominated.

That's the last i'm going to say on the subject, but i do find it hilarious how not just on here but almost everywhere he's getting a pass. When it mattered he was just as much of a no show as Wade and Bosh were.

You would all have a point if he was actually not the passive no show he ended up being for 9 of the last 12 quarters of this NBA finals but fact is he was.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 pm

I think it's quite clear, at times Lebron was an unstoppable force in this series, but it wasn't sustained at any point.

Some times he was unstoppable early but when Spurs turned it up, he was powerless and invisable.

Other times, he turned it on when it was too late and the game had already gone. While when the game was in the balance he did nothing. Was it game 4 he had like 4 points at HT? Game was basically over at HT.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:20 pm

This being dominated by Kawhi is a myth.. He averaged 28 on 57% FG and 52% 3PT, but yeah he got utterly dominated Mole Laughing

Kawhi was a no show in the first two games, as a whole LeBron was the best player in the series and it's not even close.. He had Kawhi guarding him and Duncan and Splitter right behind him for cover yet still played well

He only got outplayed in game 3, but it's easy to get outplayed when your team is getting blown out..

Kawhi is a role player ffs.. LeBron was the only threat the Spurs had to worry about
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Duncan and Splitter never played at the same time. Dont know why you and Steven A said that.

Leonard matched Lebron from game 3 onwards. He didnt dominate him by any means, but they were equals.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Meh you know what I mean

Anybody remember this troll? I was wondering who the hell he was, thought we would just slide under the radar but he made some noise Laughing

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-bobby-ramos-miami-heat-20140611-story.html
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:58 am

KD was partially right about Leonard imo. The "system player" part was ridiculous though. He didn't have to say all that, because it just seems like he's hating(and he is in a way). But I don't think Leonard should be anointed as a superstar yet, that's a knee-jerk.

Now Leonard or PG3 is a different discussion. I don't think it's crazy for someone to take Leonard over George.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:00 am

http://www.break.com/video/spurs-win-the-title-japanese-animation-2624068

dead

edit: YT

Last edited by dmize on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:50 am

dmize wrote:http://www.break.com/video/spurs-win-the-title-japanese-animation-2624068

dead

edit: YT

Laughing 
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:30 am

rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:57 am

LeSwagg James wrote:This being dominated by Kawhi is a myth.. He averaged 28 on 57% FG and 52% 3PT, but yeah he got utterly dominated Mole Laughing

Kawhi was a no show in the first two games, as a whole LeBron was the best player in the series and it's not even close.. He had Kawhi guarding him and Duncan and Splitter right behind him for cover yet still played well

He only got outplayed in game 3, but it's easy to get outplayed when your team is getting blown out..

Kawhi is a role player ffs.. LeBron was the only threat the Spurs had to worry about

Don't care about his points.... majority came when Kawhi wasn't guarding him....

Games 3-5 Kawhi dominated..... Lebron scored mainly when Kawhi wasn't on the court or when the game was over Laughing

Game 5 he was great in the first quarter but did f*ck all until Kawhi went off for a rest at end of 3rd quarter and even then it wasn't for very long.

Game 4, Lebron did nothing till the 3rd quarter when the game was already over.

Game 3 as i said to you before he had the worse +- of anyone on the court, when it mattered he was nowhere and stat padded when the game was done.

His numbers mean nothing in the grand scheme of things as the large majority of them between Games 3-5 came in the middle of getting blown out Laughing

As i said for 9 out of 12 quarters he was a passive no show.

Surely Kawhi being named MVP the guy who was guarding Lebron is enough to prove what happened Laughing

Best player in the series is laughable.

But anyway enough of proving the myths of Lebron's performance being supposedly great.... draft is next week and i'd rather move on from the tears tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:44 am

That delusion rofl

Kawhi was on him pretty much the whole game
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:45 am

Can someone who is more draft savvy than me help me out?

Why is Aaron Gordan so highly thought of?

Seems like his only actual skill is running and jumping.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 pm

^ I'm not sold on him at all. I watched a bit more of him recently and he can be really solid defensively, which is why a lot of people like him(like Ainge reportedly smh). But the problem is he can't shoot, even if he can guard 3s. He's an athletic freak but he doesn't have Griffins size and BG was a better shooter coming out. I just don't know what his position is, other than a energy big off the bench.

Just saw this:
Joel Embiid has suffered a stress fracture in the navicular bone in his right foot, Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski has confirmed.

He's gonna have surgery.

thoughts:
1. really hope for him he's not injury prone
2. please fall to the Celtics
3. besides him, this hurts the 6ers the most I think. They wanted Wiggins or Parker, and will probably end up with Exum

edit: the more I read about this injury the worse it sounds. Yao Ming had it and needed 12 pins in his foot to stabilize all the spider cracks that resulted. May be too risky even at 6. I still lean towards risking it though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 pm

No chance at all of agent trying to scare off potential suitors so he falls far enough for Boston or Lakers to land him?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next