Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Louis van Gaal - Page 4 Empty Re: Louis van Gaal

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:03 am

Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM 2h
LVG suggests Amos at fault for Roma goal: "I am almost 63 but if the ball is in the air for four seconds I could run 50 yards". #mufc

rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:07 am

LVG doesn't hold back, says what he feels. Amos did an embarrassing blunder, and is rightly being blamed for it. Whether it should be in public or not is debateable, but for me, I like this method. Will keep every player motivated to not make mistakes, otherwise they'll be put on blast for it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Louis van Gaal - Page 4 Lgvandersonajb9n
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

RED wrote:LVG doesn't hold back, says what he feels. Amos did an embarrassing blunder, and is rightly being blamed for it. Whether it should be in public or not is debateable, but for me, I like this method. Will keep every player motivated to not make mistakes, otherwise they'll be put on blast for it.

Im a Van Gaal hater for obvious reasons, but I am very sure players are going to get sick of that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Van Gaal on Zaha

"He shall play in the second-half in the striker's position."

"When we play this system he has to play as a striker, otherwise he cannot play."

Zaha the striker hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:04 pm

"Striker" is a very loose term.

Its the same position Robben played for Holland if you think about it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:06 pm

No where else for Zaha to play, he did the same with Nani.

We have an excessive number of attackers.

Say Hernandez stays, then:

Mata(januzaj)
Rooney(welbeck)-RvP(Hernandez)

That makes Kagawa, Nani, Young and Zaha all redundant, but what happens if van Gaal sees the 3-4-1-2 doesn't work and wants to switch to 4-2-3-1. Do we sell our wingers or not. I think we should and get Depay no loan, but we'd need depth.

Also, one other thing when Holland wanted to switch from a 3-5-2, in the world cup, they only needed to take a CB off for a winger to switch to a 4-3-3, because Robben is versatile enough to play on the wing. If we want to switch to 4-3-3 during a match we will have to make two subs since none of our starting attackers are versatile to play on the wing hmm
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:57 pm

it might be better for Zaha, cuz in the limited action we've seen him his problem always seemed to be getting isolated out wide and dribbling himself into trouble, playing more centrally could keep him more involved in the play and link up play...will be interesting to see him play the 2nd half...he had a bit of a knack for goals when with Palace if i recall
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:
RED wrote:LVG doesn't hold back, says what he feels. Amos did an embarrassing blunder, and is rightly being blamed for it. Whether it should be in public or not is debateable, but for me, I like this method. Will keep every player motivated to not make mistakes, otherwise they'll be put on blast for it.

Im a Van Gaal hater for obvious reasons, but I am very sure players are going to get sick of that.

They can hate on it all they like. LVG knows how to motivate players (from what I understand), and if these pampered players who are surrounded by yes men can't take criticism for poor performances or mistakes, privately or publicly, then they can do one.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:46 pm

I think he shouldn't do it publicly, privately he should, criticism is apart of the game. He says he doesn't like to talk about specific players but the team when he's praising, should be the same for criticism.

The Amos thing was said jokingly imo, I have no problem with that, but if it was like De Gea in his first season, already getting abused left, right and center by the media, then it would be a huge issue if the manager was criticising him in public.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:40 am

Don't like LVG's stricter managing style but I'm fine with him as long as he makes United a contender for the title.
I heard about him making everyone speak English, bad move IMO for foreign players who don't speak good in English.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 pm

I feel sorry for him. He's having to work with a team that is in a right state. Too many injuries, too many average/shit players, square pegs in round holes, forcing him to implement a new system due to an "unbalanced team".

He didn't even bring one player in this transfer window that was his choice. Herrera and Shaw are Moyes' picks. He has to deal with an incompetent buffoon doing his transfers, and I'm sure LVG has given him a list of players he wants but has used the "asessing the squad" reasoning to excuse Woodward some time and criticism, imo.

There is no way after the 3 pre season games and countless training methods, that LVG didn't step back and say 'hmm that defence needs quality, that MF is too light and average, I need a winger and wing backs'...No way he didn't think that!

Yet the club are letting him down by leaving it too late. It should have never been left this late. We finished 7th last season! We had key influential players leave the club. WE should have been the first out the blocks conducting business.

It pisses me off how lax this club is. Spend the fcking money. They are expecting LVG to work miracles.

It's not fair on him. And yesterday's defeat proves he has a weight of work to get that sorry bunch on the field to perform to a level he wants.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:21 pm

I think if we had a fully fit team e.g RvP, Carrick, Shaw, Rafael we would have probably won. BUT, with the exception of RvP the rest have utterly shit back-ups, actually Shaw and Rafael don't even have back-ups. That's why I felt sorry for LvG.

I must say I really do hope he scraps the 3-5-2, RvP gets more involved in build-up play than Hernandez but he doesn't stretch the play like Welbeck. I feel like we'll have some games like yesterday where we are unable to stretch the play with RvP-Rooney-Mata. Jury is still out for me on Mata he's playing more like an SS than the creative 10 we wanted, if that's the case he's not that different to Rooney who we all didn't want to play there. Like I said before, this formation doesn't really have a proper place for Januzaj, what I mean is he should be starter that is rotated out so plays starts 30 games and doesn't play the remaining 10 and occasionally subbed off at the 60-70 mins. Rather than rotated in where he plays 10 games and occasionally subbed in around the 60-70 mins mark. He brings the balance to are attack, we have too many slow players that don't run at their opponents. Only him and Welbeck do that.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:33 pm

I agree with many things you said. I hope he does scrap the 3-5-2 as well. We just don't have the players atm to make use of that formation. And also, we need to include Januzaj in the team, and obviously a wing back he is not.

I wouldn't be against dropping Mata. He hasn't really impressed in the last 2 games and seems to be in poor form. I wouldn't be against having Januzaj play that no.10 role to give us much needed pace up front, if LVG persists with the 3-5-2 formation.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:07 am

http://livelifeunited.com/tactical-thoughts-swansea-city/#more-1880

Makes a good point about our defenders not being able to find our midfielders. Think this system will take awhile, since it's very different to what our players are used too.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:17 am

after Herrera left there was literally no midfield to pass to, i remember watching and wondering where the bloody hell everyone was massive gaps in the middle of the field
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
http://livelifeunited.com/tactical-thoughts-swansea-city/#more-1880

Makes a good point about our defenders not being able to find our midfielders. Think this system will take awhile, since it's very different to what our players are used too.

The sooner Fletcher doesn't play for the club, the better. I thought he was the worst player by a mile on Saturday, but that just highlighted how woefully poor he was. Made me cringe watching the illustrations.

We desperately need to get a cm otherwise we're stuck with this scrub.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:20 pm

Louis van Gaal: It has been a very difficult start at Manchester United – but I will deliver
Exclusive: Manchester United manager speaks to Gary Neville about the philosophy he believes will transform the club, his tough opening to season and winning the title back

Louis van Gaal - Page 4 Louis-gaal_3015179b

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/louis-van-gaal/11052364/Louis-van-Gaal-It-has-been-a-very-difficult-start-at-Manchester-United-but-I-will-deliver.html

Molenation
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:52 am

http://i.minus.com/ib2doAwAhW8K4l.gif

oh my  rofl 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 pm

https://vine.co/v/OBupVlrZhp1
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 pm

After the money we've splashed out and the players we've brought in, he has to get us top 4 or otherwise he's out. No excuses for me.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:37 pm

I don't get this van Gaal criticism in the media, that he's forgetting the youth, he's already given 3 academy kids their League debut (Keane, Blackett and Lingard). How many have the top 4 given combined? 0?

Keane's gone on loan, but the Guardian say Wilson has been promoted to the first team as well, and now trains with them. I'm sure he will play for the U21s as well but at least he's in the mixture now. Reece James has also been involved too. He's also given Pereira, Janko and Vermijl their competitive debuts and it's only been 4 games.

Mike Phealen saying we've lost a bit of our identity selling Welbeck, that's not van Gaal's fault, I hate putting blame on Fergie, but buying RvP, pushed not only Kagawa, but Hernandez and Welbeck away too.  I don't regret the RvP signing, because it meant Fergie going out on a high and winning the league in his last season. To let Welbeck go for the players sake was correct, just dislike it was to a rival. Also, again, not like there's no Fletch, Evans, Januzaj, Blackett, Cleverley and Reece James in the first team. There's still identity.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm

RVP was a selfish signing by SAF.

Yeah I'm grateful we reaped the benefits of winning the league largely due to RVP coming here, but in the long term, it's proven to be problematic. RVP looks to be on his way down, while we've lost 2 players (Welbeck and Kagawa) that we could have used and benefited more from. RVP and Rooney is the worst partnership out there, or one of.

The media are just looking for things to moan about United. If we didn't splash the cash and brought in quality, it would have been 'Glazers holding back United. United no longer can compete with the big boys for signings' blah blah.

Same ol same ol
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next