RED
jibers
Busby Babe
29 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Louis van Gaal - Page 3 Empty Re: Louis van Gaal

Post by B-Mac Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:55 am

already shutting down plebs who trying to reword questions that have already been asked Laughing

gonna be great with the media Proud

love his attitude tho, when he speaks players will listen....unlike just happy to be here wee davey

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Asked if he would be buying any other players this summer, to add to Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera, he said that he preferred to take a look at the present squad.

“I know the players, but I do not know how they play under me. I want to see how quickly my players can pick up my philosophy, then I can answer if I will buy any more.”

This is top man management here. This is the right thing to say, to make the players feel like they have a chance, belief that they are in his plans and gives them motivation to work hard to impress him. That answer spoke volumes.

Vast difference to when Moyes answered this question last summer. Saying that they will have to make summer signings to improve the squad, and that signings will be needed for the squad to compete. Although true to an extent, the way he worded it was wrong. Implying that the English champions needed all that to compete was a stupid thing to say.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Yeah, must've been a little awkward for Evra last season too, when we were going for LB after LB. If we end up not buying enough CMs, hopefully it really doesn't come to that, you want Cleverley's confidence to be as high as possible because he relies heavily on it.

On a side note, I like how respectful he was towards Sir Bobby Cool
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Hah! Says it all.

"The blood drained from my face" aaaaahh! Horrible memory.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:25 am

Daily mail wrote:You are supposed to be a defender,' Van Gaal said to Jones as they smacked palms in a manner reminiscent of the celebration he shared with United striker Robin van Persie after he scored for Holland in their opening World Cup destruction of Spain in Salvador last month.

Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 am

woaaa :bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Conflict of interest could be brewing.

LVG, in his latest presser, aired out his dissaproval for pre season in far away countries.

As we know, Asia and the US, are very important to the club when it comes to pre seasons.

Interesting how this could pan out, especially if/when LVG is here next season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 pm

club will be willing to make compromises I believe. especially if this is a successful season they will surely. Smile

Rest assured there wont be any midseason nonsense friendlies as it was predicted with him at the helm. Very Happy If his response to pre-season friendlies is this, imagine what will it be for friendlies in the midst of the season if board schedules them. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:51 am

Saw the press conference now. He complained about this season's tour, said he had to adapt to it, understands it's too late to change it.

Says he's been told the next tour will be shorter, unless he's being lied to, I think there's nothing more to this.

Also, read on twitter, those mid-season friendlies are not happening
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:32 am

Here.

Ian Ladyman wrote:Van Gaal confirms 3-4-3 is the way #mufc will play this season. Says also squad lacks "balance". Says "we have four number tens".

Ian Ladyman wrote:Van Gaal: "we can switch to 4-3-3 when the other system doesn't work. But if we play that we have 3 strikers on the bench. That's not good"

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 am

3-4-3 = 3-5-2 obviously.

Here is what those words mean perhaps, in my opinion. Just a wild guess though..

Kagawa in all probability will get sold, even if not now, surely in the winter window. Crying or Very sad His imbalanced squad comment further underlines that. Januzaj as the back up to mata then. So its almost lkely a perform or perish 6 months for Shinji coming.

Young to be sold definitely as there wouldnt be any room for a winger like him in a 3-5-2/3-4-3. Only fear regarding that is a scenario were young scores a lot of goals like he did today which then forces lvg to keep him and sell welbeck. a scenario which I despise. Mad
somewhat the same theory applies for nani.

chciharito to be sold (again if we go by the 2nd comment). 3 strikers for 2 positions upfront with welbeck being the 1st choice back up. and either wilson or henriquez to be the 4th forward.

fellaini to be sold.
cheers
as it has been proved time and time again, the poor chap cant play as that DM (van gaal's idea of the 3rd midfielder) and is only good as a physical 10. So naturally his pecking order arrives only after kagawa. And if kagawa himself is going be sold, lol fellaini... no chance will remain.

cleverly back up to herrera and will remain.

anderson I am not so sure regarding this. may be a back up to the DM who lvg is going to use or may be not. Anderson for me is a mystery.

reece james could be the back up to Shaw. His comments regarding him after the match clearly indicates he rates the lad highly. Proud
and Shaw himself will have to improve to fit into that wing back role imo. He simply cant afford to fail (whole world will laugh at us if he did pale ) despite the fact that its a huge risk lvg is taking.
So thats the only concern I have now regarding that 3-5-2. Shaw.. but he is young and he will learn with game time in that role I reckon. Smile

Players needed therefore being
a first choice DM... william carvallo may be if we he can get him for cheap or (?) if there is no other option though then de jong .
Vidal well no comments regarding that. If we can get him,  good, but even if we dont get him, no big concerns as he is a box to box and he is ageing what we need ideally is a ball winner who can improve under van gaal's guidance.. No denying he would make our midfield super strong for the time being. But if we are looking at the future, I believe its better we bring in someone else.
Only scenario where we will have to mandatory go for vidal is if Lolpool make a move for him. Wont want to see him play for them definitely. Mad
And then we can wait for strotman until January. once again a box to box though.

2 more CB s which all of a sudden becomes our top priority. Longer we keep these 3 injury prone CBs as our only CBs more catastrophic will be the consequences. So have to bring center backs for this philosophy and formation to be deployed. Vermaelen is somewhat sure I guess. de vrij could be the 2nd guy.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am

Mata-Rooney-RvP will lack so much pace, imo. Rooney is the only one that carries some out it in the trio, but even he doesn't use it as much as he used to. Welbeck was there today and also drifted out wide today to help provide width at times.

Kagawa should leave, even in the 2nd half he didn't play as the 10, Herrera did.

If we wanted to play 3-5-2 we should have bought someone more comfortable attacking like Juan Bernat, Shaw will do better than he did today. But when we struggle for width it's going to be frustrating seeing someone like Januzaj on the bench, who this formation doesn't give enough playing time too. We're going to be hardly rotating too, because we have a week between games.

Also Rafael>Valencia and it showed again today in the second half.

The CBs being injury prone, I know we can buy more to provide depth, but you still want your first choice CBs starting as much as possible, if we have to keep rotating due to injury it's going to be annoying.

Despite all that, it does solve a lot of problems, and no one is really playing out of position which was a huge issue under Moyes. We were also able to play good football using it, which the dutch weren't, has something to do with the quality opposition but we also have Herrera and they didn't have any good CMs.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm

wouldn't be surprised to see Januzaj used in the same way Robben was....he's still on Holiday, no doubt LVG will recognize his talent when he gets into the camp and find out a way to use him.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Hopefully.

I think we'll mix it up, like Holland, 3-5-2 and 4-3-3.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:14 pm

3-4-3 with 3 forwards, Januzaj, Van Persie, Rooney and herrera playing as a creator from the midfield perhaps?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 pm

I thought that too, but means Mata will be dropped

Defence
Rafael-Herrera-CM-Shaw
Januzaj-RvP-Rooney(as Lw)

Btw, I saw this:

Mike Keegan @mikekeeganbbc  

Staying with #mufc and Dutch players, believe club are monitoring Memphis Depay. Any move could see him loaned out for first year.

Perhaps he wants to move to 4-3-3 the season after

RvP still has a few more good years to give, but 2015/2016 a 20-21 year old Januzaj might be better than a 32-33 RvP

So,

defence
Herrera-CM
Januzaj-Mata-Depay
Rooney
?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:49 pm

ffs pretty sure I called that buy and loan deal in the transfer rumour thread during the world cup, if it happens Proud

buy now before his price sky rockets, loan him back to PSV

ffs woodward hire me Proud

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:50 pm

i am keen to know whether LvG can transform kagawa into a cm. He has terrific off the ball movement and is always willing to track back. His passing and first touch are commendable as well.
His finishing lately is unfortunately poor. So may be its better to play him deep, like the way he played today. hence the cm position ideally. hmm

Only deterring factor there is his built. But then again we arent stoke to rely on the physique of players to win games. If somehow LvG can make this work, its gonna be just immense.

That way we can keep kagawa and give januzaj enough game time as well. kagawa as the back up to herrera and not to mata which however mean selling cleverly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:i am keen to know whether LvG can transform kagawa into a cm. He has terrific off the ball movement and is always willing to track back. His passing and first touch are commendable as well.
His finishing lately is unfortunately poor. So may be its better to play him deep, like the way he played today. hence the cm position ideally. hmm

Only deterring factor there is his built. But then again we arent stoke to rely on the physique of players to win games. If somehow LvG can make this work, its gonna be just immense.

That way we can keep kagawa and give januzaj enough game time as well. kagawa as the back up to herrera and not to mata which however mean selling cleverly.

I thought about making Kagawa play slightly deeper too, some of the things Herrera was doing is reminiscent of Kagawa releasing the ball quickly, his movement and just general ball circulation. Thing is we will have to press, Rooney can, so can Herrera and Kagawa, but can Mata? I'm not so sure.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:17 pm

ya i feel like Kagawa will better suit #10 over time under LVG, as he played in Klopps intense pressure system at Dortmund, I think if he's given a shot there he will not disappoint....it was only 1 pre season game and the full squad isn't there yet so we can't even begin to see which players LVG will favour in what positions. so we will see.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Yeah, he's defensive contribution is better, plus Kagawa-Rooney-RvP is not as slow. Rooney and Kagawa have a great understanding too. It's a good headache to have tbh, and it's early days I'm sure there will be changes by our first PL game.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 am

yea and mata-kagawa also have a terrific chemistry. So playing kagawa behind mata can produce some sexy stuff as well.

I think it will be all down to that 2nd midfielder LvG is targeting for us. Playing kagawa and mata is a huge risk I know. we may get run over easily at times. But not so much if he have a strong thug of a DFM who can wrestle the ball out sitting deep.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:49 am

B-Mac wrote:ya i feel like Kagawa will better suit #10 over time under LVG, as he played in Klopps intense pressure system at Dortmund, I think if he's given a shot there he will not disappoint....it was only 1 pre season game and the full squad isn't there yet so we can't even begin to see which players LVG will favour in what positions. so we will see.

absolutely. its premature to judge after (one) freindly match. I hope he is given an extended spell there.
we can obviously rest januzaj during the first half of the season or use him sparingly as a striker or wide forward in the process using kags as a #10 more.
Its all upto King Louis really. and it seems he do rate kagawa highly and he is a his type of player as well.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Mata wrote:We only speak in English, He(LvG) says we have to speak in English.”

Mata revealed that the Dutchman is making his presence felt in the changing room by forcing all of the club’s players to communicate only in English.

Always saying and doing the right thing.. this maverick of a man. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Builds better team chemistry, you don't end up with cliques within the squad
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite