Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 10 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:You got over Ned's death and are still watching .

This was harder to take, Ned was consistently naive, and that annoyed me so much. But this Eli Roth scene was so disturbing, and there was so much more to be done with oberyn. Also, antagonists in GoT have so much plot armor that it's not even shocking when someone dies

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 10 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Yeah Ned was stupid. In the last few episodes as a free man he took the obvious wrong turn at every moment. He was blatantly getting screwed. Then to top it all off he marches into the throne room with a couple of soldiers, hoping that people will care about the truth more than a shit tonne of Lannister gold Proud

I was ready to fanboy every Oberyn segment in GOT for the next few years of my life ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Freeza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:You got over Ned's death and are still watching .

This was harder to take, Ned was consistently naive, and that annoyed me so much. But this Eli Roth scene was so disturbing, and there was so much more to be done with oberyn. Also, antagonists in GoT have so much plot armor that it's not even shocking when someone dies
This guy was monologuing Laughing if that's not an indication that he's about to die I don't know what is
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:50 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Read some excerpts from the book and it sounded like oberyn was killed by a punch. Didn't sound anywhere near as gruesome as what HBO did with it

This is how it happened in the book.

http://mccomseycomix.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-red-viper-vs-the-mountain-that-rides-a-12-page-comic/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm

ROOOOOOOOOOOOFL TYRION'S REACTION rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 pm

I wonder what's next for Arya and The Hound, will they bother going into the keep? Or will they go somewhere else? Arya has hinted of going to Braavos before
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:21 pm

It would be weird if the guards at the Bloody gate let them leave now that they know the girl is Arya Stark. But should be interesting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:46 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I wonder what's next for Arya and The Hound, will they bother going into the keep? Or will they go somewhere else? Arya has hinted of going to Braavos before

Not to mention the hound is not as strong as he was before with his neck injury, as Arya said he is "slowing down".
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Prime Joffrey Vs Hot Pie, no armor allowed.

Discuss.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Hot Pie with dat 80% fat armour
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:11 pm

And dem poison pies ffs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:18 pm

I think even Sansa with a sword would beat prime Joffrey Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Prime Joffrey was 5'8 97 pounds of raw power ffs man
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Okay. So I have recovered from my "eff you GoT, you pos show, I don't need this shit anymore" initial response.

So I want to talk about the episode overall.
It was definitely one of the best episodes of this show. Mainly because of the fight.
The fight overall was one of the best depicted ones I've seen on screen in my life.
The built up of course set it up nicely and they executed it nicely. Oberyn's words and the way he just acted before the fight was just pure Oberyn. Drinking the wine, telling Tyrion he always has a drink before he fights, telling Tyrion he doesn't wear armour or head gear because he likes to move around. Kissing his woman, and telling her he won't leave her alone in this world when she asked him not to. Then the fight.
Oberyn getting his spear and doing a treat for the spectators before he takes focuses his attention on The Mountain. And then it was just pure, fast-paced and exhilarating fighting. Oberyn was absolutely BOSS!!! The Mountain had him on the back foot only ones or twice, but he was so fast and engaging, all the while he is talking to The Mountain. Telling The Mountain that he should confess he killed his sister's kids, raped his sister and then killed her. Over and over he said this. The Mountain should confess before he dies. And everytime when he said it, he just said it louder and with more anger and intend in his voice. Then he made his move on The Mountain. He got him down. The Mountain flat on his back like he told Tyrion that would be the case before the fight. And then I was so happy I was just smiling at my laptop's screen, even Jaime was impressed. But then we all know what happened next. My jaw dropped right down to the floor. It just hanged there the whole time when The Mountain put his hands on Oberyn's head until 15 min after the end credits. I just sat there. My heart pounding as though it wants to jump right out of my chest. I was literally shaking. No lies. I was shaking! In terms of how shocking this was to the other shocking events that has taken place so far, I was still more surprised by Ned's death. That was the beginning of it all and that initial shock of 'how can you kill the main character' was like shocking and it was still early in the show so this whole 'GoT - expect the worst and most unexpected' thing was still new to me. So when talking about the level of shock - Ned's death still ahead.
The Red Wedding wasn't that emotional to me as Ned's death and Oberyn's. Because the emotional attachment I had to Robb and Catalyn wasn't as great as I had with the other two. The thing about the Red Wedding is that it just came out of the blue and it was so bloody and gory and violent and unexpected. But it didn't have that same impact of shock/surprise that Ned's death had.
And then we come to Oberyn's death. Well. Jesus christ. In terms of suprisement, well it's not up there with the other two. But still they did so well, to surprise us. With Oberyn's confidence building up throughout the fight and Oberyn's dominance until his resentment - that he built up over all the years - got the better of him. The thing about his death though, and what got me shaking was THE BRUTALITY. It was so sudden and vicious. The Mountain really is one sick, sadistic person. You could hear Oberyn's head being crushed while they changed the screen to Tyrion for a second and afterwards you could see this deflation on the one side of his head, with skull and brains and blood just scattered around. It was bloody brutal. And that was enough to get the biggest emotional reaction out of me from GoT. Before I went to sleep all I could do was replay Oberyn's death in my mind over and over again.

Okay then let's move on.
The next biggest thing in the episode was definitely Dany dismissing Jorah of his duties. What is next for Jorah? Will he drown in guilt and continue to serve/help Dany from far away or will he turn on her and take some payback one day? Emilia Clarke's acting though is poor. You could see that that was a scene supposed to be full of tension and emotion, but she failed to deliver any of that.

Sansa Stark - the liar :bow:
Absolutely didn't know she had it in her. Does this mean that now she will leave that always sad, emotional state of hers and become Littlefinger's companion?
You need to learn to play The Game of Thrones, and she has started. Thumbs up

Arya and The Hound. Laughing
I laughed so hard when they was told that Lysa died. 🤣The look on Hound's face rofl
The man just wants to turn Arya in to someone that'll pay him for her, and their timing is always just a few moments late. I dare anyone of you to tell me you didn't laugh along with Arya when that happened.
But now they're also at The Eyrie, so will she and Sansa see each other and reunite?

Ramsay Bolton :bow:
I'm so proud for my boy Ramsay. Lord Bolton finally recognising his bastard son, and now it'll be interesting to see what's next for the Boltons.
Reek's acting :bow:

And then at the wall. We all know this episode for that part, was just the set-up for the next episode where shits going to go down big time.

Last night after watching the episode I was so done with GoT, but I can't wait for the next episode already. Proud

My last words:
Oberyn Martell. The greatest warrior that ever lived. RIP. Forever in our hearts. I love you, boy.
I hope somehow Tyrion doesn't die.
I hope ep. 9 blows my mind away cuz that's what I expect, cuz ep. 8 was ep. 9 quality. So...... Yeah Thumbs up

Last edited by El Gunner on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 pm

For me Ned's beheading was definitely the most heartbreaking moment of the series over the RW and Oberyn's death. The way he shouts "BAELOR" at Yoren to remove Arya from there before being beheaded in the most cowardly, hateful way in front of people who see him as a traitor and in front of her screaming daughter. I even got a bit teary at that moment which didn't happen for neither of RW/Oberyn but I was still shocked nonetheless.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 pm

For a second, while his eyes were being pushed in, I thought Ellaria would finish off The Mountain. Laughing

In the next few episodes I expect her to finish off The Mountain.  Smile

Oh! And Oberyn's death hit me more than any other.  Sad
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Firenze wrote:This is my top 5 (from shown characters), I think it's almost impossible since for the most part we don't have anything but comments from other people to gauge their abilities

Barristan Selmy
Robert Baratheon (pre slob)
Oberyn Martell
Prime Jaime
The Mountain

not sure about Jaime though, could switch him and the mountain

I can't remember the guy who trained Jaime..he was said to be the GOAT at the time he was alive if I recall..but I dunno where to rank him

Ser Arthur Dayne. He was better than all of them but he is dead so we can leave him out. We can include Robert though because we actually saw him in the TV Show and his death is recent-ish.

Your list is right imo. But the problem arise when there are people who could potentially win against some of the people in the list but have never met/heard or fought with each other.

Like Qhorin halfhand(man who Jon killed to protect his people) was said to be one of the best fighters

Great Jon Umber is said to be a great fighter who we never saw fight.

Mance Ryder as well.

Barristan is most likely the best fighter in the whole of GoT world.

But we've never seen Barristan fight on tv, or have we?

When it comes to him, it's just reputation and what you've heard about him. But I want to see him in action.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:50 pm

McAgger wrote:Neal, Khaleesi called them the pillar and the stones
Laughing  Had me dying
This. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:58 pm

I want to see how 'Ser Pounce' Tommens pet cat handles himself in 1v1 combat.

I'm angry that GoT haven't put him in more scenes tbh
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:Okay. So I have recovered from my "eff you GoT, you pos show, I don't need this shit anymore" initial response.

So I want to talk about the episode overall.
It was definitely one of the best episodes of this show. Mainly because of the fight.
The fight overall was one of the best depicted ones I've seen on screen in my life.
The built up of course set it up nicely and they executed it nicely. Oberyn's words and the way he just acted before the fight was just pure Oberyn. Drinking the wine, telling Tyrion he always has a drink before he fights, telling Tyrion he doesn't wear armour or head gear because he likes to move around. Kissing his woman, and telling her he won't leave her alone in this world when she asked him not to. Then the fight.
Oberyn getting his spear and doing a treat for the spectators before he takes focuses his attention on The Mountain. And then it was just pure, fast-paced and exhilarating fighting. Oberyn was absolutely BOSS!!! The Mountain at him on the back foot only ones or twice, but he was so fast and engaging, all the while he is talking to The Mountain. Telling The Mountain that he should confess he killed his sister's kids, raped his sister and then killed. Over and over he said this. The Mountain should confess before he dies. And everytime when he said it he just said it louder and with more anger and intend in his voice. Then he made his move on The Mountain. He got him down. The Mountain flat on his back like he told Tyrion that would be the case before the fight. And then I was so happy I was just smiling at my laptop's screen, even Jaime was impressed. But then we all know what happened next. My jaw dropped right down to the floor. It just hanged there the whole time when The Mountain put his hands on Oberyn's head until 15 after the end credits. I just sat there. My heart pounding as though it wants to jump right out of my chest. I was literally shaking. No lies. I was shaking! In terms of how shocking this was to the other shocking events that has took place so far, I was still more surprised by Ned's death. That was the beginning of it all and that initial shock of 'how can you kill the main character' was like shocking and it was still early in the show so this whole 'GoT - expect the worst and most unexpected' thing was still new to me. So when talking about the level of shock - Ned's death still ahead.
The Red Wedding wasn't that emotional to me as Ned's death and Oberyn's. Because the emotional attachment I had to Robb and Catalyn wasn't as great as I had with the other two. The thing about the Red Wedding is that it just came out of the blue and it was so bloody and gory and violent and unexpected. But it didn't have that same impact of shock/surprise that Ned's death had.
And then we come to Oberyn's death. Well. Jesus christ. In terms of suprisement, well it's not up there with the other two. But still they did so well, to surprise us. With Oberyn's confidence building up throughout the fight and Oberyn's dominance until his resentment that he built up over all the years got the better of him. The thing about his death though, and what got me shaking was THE BRUTALITY. It was so sudden and vicious. The Mountain really his one sick, sadistic person. You could hear Oberyn's head being crushed while they changed the screen to Tyrion for a second and afterwards you could see this inflation on the one side of his head, with skull and brains and blood just scattered around. It was bloody brutal. And that was enough to get the biggest emotional reaction out of me from GoT. Before I went to sleep all I could do was replay Oberyn's death in my mind over and over again.

Okay then let's move on.
The next biggest thing in the episode was definitely Dany dismissing Jorah of his duties. What is next for Jorah? Will he drown in guilt and continue to serve/help Dany from far away or will he turn on her and take some payback one day? Emilia Clarke's acting though is poor. You could see that that was a scene supposed to be full of tension and emotion, but she failed to deliver any of that.

Sansa Stark - the liar :bow:
Absolutely didn't know she had it in her. Does this mean that now she will leave that always sad, emotional state of hers and become Littlefinger's companion?
You need to learn to play The Game of Thrones, and she has started. Thumbs up

Arya and The Hound. Laughing
I laughed so hard when they was told that Lysa died. rofl The look on Hound's face rofl
The man just wants to turn Arya in to someone that'll pay him for her, and their timing is always just a few moments late. I dare anyone of you to tell me you didn't laugh along with Arya when that happened.
But now they're also at The Eyrie, so will she and Sansa see each other and reunite?

Ramsay Bolton :bow:
I'm so proud for my boy Ramsay. Lord Bolton finally recognising his bastard son, and now it'll be interesting to see what's next for the Boltons.
Reek's acting :bow:

And then at the wall. We all know this episode for that part, was just the set-up for the next episode where shits going to go down big time.

Last night after watching the episode I was so done with GoT, but I can't wait for the next episode already. Proud

My last words:
Oberyn Martell. The greatest warrior that ever lived. RIP. Forever in our hearts. I love you, boy.
I hope somehow Tyrion doesn't die.
I hope ep. 9 blows my mind away cuz that's what I expect, cuz ep. 8 was ep. 9 quality. So...... Yeah Thumbs up

Great summary and agreed with most of it. I thought Red wedding had a great impact on me but when you actually think about the events before, Rob had it coming. Even then it was still very emotional but Oberyn incident was even bigger. Maybe because Oberyn gave everyone hope that there are people after the Starks who doesn't take shit from the Lannisters.

However I disagree about the ratings. I didn't think personally that it was a great episode. It was good even by the immensely high standards of GoT, but overall it would be remembered for the shock factor rather than the overall episode.

I'd give it a 7.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Holy shit.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Yeah also Main man Ramsey BOLTON Proud

He's earned that ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Hopefully his own dogs eat him with Reek joining in

#hanibalofThrones
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Something I just thought about. What if The Mountain dies because of the multiple spear wounds and they consider the result as a draw, therefore Tyrion can't be killed? hmm
Clutching at straws maybe scratch
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Tyrion has already been sentenced to death, The Mountain won the battle as Oberyn was the first to die should he die too.

I don't really know the rules but I imagine that is how you decide a winner should both fighters die.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 pm

I was thinking that straight after the episode ended, but if that rule existed Tywin wouldn't have stood up and made the announcement.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next