iftikhar
Busby Babe
30 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Van Gaal considering Strootman transfer

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9395193/van-gaal-considering-strootman-transfer

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Would love strootman, shame we wasted our time with moyes we could of signed him easily last season...depay and strootman appear to be our legit targets right now
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 am

Marwan A. @Marwan_KF
Follow
BeIN sports confirm United are close to landing Di Maria. #MUFC

Breaking reports suggest we are close to signing Di Maria.

How do you guys feel about this?

I would welcome it with open arms. To have a winger of his ability available, even if it leaves us with some alternating changes to our tactics, is a must we get him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:15 am

How reliable are BeIN? I know they are close to PSG so they may know something in regards to this transfer.

I would also take Di Maria with open arms, brilliant player, but his wages and fee are massive.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:28 am

Busby Babe wrote:How reliable are BeIN? I know they are close to PSG so they may know something in regards to this transfer.

I would also take Di Maria with open arms, brilliant player, but his wages and fee are massive.

Not too sure. I'm not familiar with their track record. Got it off Twitter since everyone was tweeting and retweeting their source.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Lazio, on De Vrij also United and Dortmund. Contacts underway to Mendes- Di Marzio.

Was the best and most consistent Dutch defender at the WC imo, when the likes of Vlaar and BMI were making errors against Australia/Chile. WC hype though, so I'm not his best judge but we know van Gaal has watched him beforehand.

Don't want to miss out on him like we did Strootman, plus we have a good track record with Dutch players.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 pm

^ looks like Di Marzio was just trying to get hits Mad

_____

Fellaini in talks with Napoli [Telegraph, Guardian and Daily Mail]

According to the same articles, we're listening to offers for Kagawa and Nani. Young is going to survive Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 pm

do it napoli Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 am

Allegedley Napoli are willing to give us 15mill for Fellaini. Frigging bite their hands off for that price. Surely that's a done deal if true.

Nani- Get rid. Don't matter where, just get rid. Watching him play for us right now screams of a player who has reached his sell by date for the club. We should be able to get a decent price of around 13/14 mill for him.

Kagawa- Depends on how he would feel being limited to a bench role for the season, or playing in positions he isn't suited for. Mata will be the no.1 guy as our no.10 for the upcoming season. I want Kagawa to stay as I do think he is class, but it will be down to Kag's decision. Klopp is a big fan and if he does decide to wanna take him back, we maybe could use Kagawa as a sweetener to get Hummels or Reus perhaps?

And unfortunately if, like mentioned, the rumours are circulating that Nani could go, that def would mean Young would have to stay. Unless we could give Januzaj that role, but that depends on what system LVG opts with. If 3-5-2, then nope...def Young.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 am

I'm fine with selling Kagawa (I can live with it because we have Januzaj) and Nani , just hope it doesn't mean Young will stay.

Imo, we should loan Nani, I've seen prices of 5-10 mil euros, if he has a good loan spell we can sell him for more but if he has a bad one we could still offload him for 5-10 mil euros. It really is best for both parties for him to leave. Perhaps a loan with option to buy of 10-15 mil.

Feel sorry for Kagawa, because it looks like Fergie never had the intention of playing him as an AM especially after buying RvP. So this was all avoidable.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 am

Loan deal for Nani sounds interesting, don't know if his ego would allow him to accept such a move though, but interesting nonetheless and it could be a benefit for both parties, like you mentioned.

I'm quite hopeful that good ol 'Arry could save us from Young, with a deadline day bid that would be too good for us to refuse.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:33 am

Got the loan idea from Bebe Razz
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 am

Laughing Great bit of business that turned out, eh? lol
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:52 am

We've got quite a bit of work to do in the transfer market, we've slowed down.

Imo, since we've moved to 3-5-2, we need, additionally to what we've already bought:

2 CBs (one starter, one back up unless Keane/Blackett are permanently promoted ), 2 CMs (one starter, one back-up), one winger for tactical flexibility when we want to move to 4-3-3 in certain games, but has to be ok with being on the bench someone like Depay and a quality RB to compete with Rafael since he's injury prone. If Rafael is able to remain injury free I'm sure he can win his place back, I love the guy but we need to cover our selves and I hope he's able to get over his injury issues.

Since we've been briefing about letting Fellaini go, might imply we're close to signing a CM ourselves.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 am

I've been slightly worried about how quite we've been regarding all the important positions and depth we need to sort out. Part of me would like to think that is down to this all new policy of keeping schtum from the media, but another part of me is concerned that Woodward hasn't learnt his lesson from last summer and is putting his foot where his mouth is again.

We have four weeks to conduct as much business as we can, that's not easy. We have  many positions that need addressing. Who comes in, who goes out. We haven't even shipped out the dross yet, apart from Bebe. Even Ando is still at the club. Bit of a momentus headache developing.

Big, big 2 weeks coming up for us. We have to get in some much needed depth for defence and midfield. Doesn't need to be superstars (I've changed my way of thinking).

Woody should stfu about us being this super duper club that players are dying to play for, and that we have all this unlimited funds. Just get some signings done. Stop with all the bravado, cuz right now the clock is ticking.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:17 am

Moyes really messed us up last summer like big time, we have to do 2 summers work in one because we didn't do anything last summer.

We needed a CM, LB and a winger, maybe easier to say in hindsight because Valencia only had one bad season under his belt, last season. This season, problems that have arisen are CM, CB and RB. Vidic would have probably stayed too so we would have enough depth at CB.

If you split it over two windows it's much easier. We also bought Fellaini, buy Fellaini and not solving any issues within in the team is worse than a transfer ban :facepalm:

I agree though, that Woodward needs to be working faster, but I just feel it would have been easier if Moyes okay'd some of the players we were already following like Strootman like LvG did with Shaw and Herrera.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:26 am

LVG did say he would take time to address the squads needs, it's only been 2 pre season games....tbh wouldn't be surprised if we are still buying and selling in late august after first week of season....CB, 2 more CM's and a Winger would be a job well done....don't all have to be the Di maria, Hummels, Vidal signings that we dream of, but would like 1 big name out of the 3 positions....Vermalean, Vidal, Depay would be ok with me....im not sold on Cuadrado reminds me to much of a Valencia
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 am

I'll be fine with the signings you say b-mac squad doesn't have to be perfect, just have to know how to cover the gaps. Fair if he wants to see the squad, but some signings like CB he should know of already, I'm sure he does, just because we lack numbers there.

I personally don't want Cuadrado either. Saw one of the Juve fans in the GS say he's inconsistent too.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:46 am

BB, I couldn't agree more.

Mac- true, you have a point. LVG is still assessing the squad. Today he has actually come out and has begun to murmur his discontent with the squad, saying that it's unbalanced. Perhaps a subtle hint that he is informing Woodward behind the scenes to get the players he needs.

Had this been Gill, I would be somewhat confident of going to the latter weeks of the window needing much needed signings. Woodward is still quite wet behind the ears when it comes to aqcuiring players. Could still prove a problem in that sense, unless we throw stupid money and offer big wages to get them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:50 am

Depay just looks like he is built for the PL...already so physically mature for being so young we need to be getting him in imo

signing promising youth is what this club has been built on

but I think recently we have tried to rely on it to much and need to get a star like Vidal too who you know what you're going to get right away
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:08 am

I think usually we buy young players for quite a high fee, but decent wages, lower than if we buy their established counterparts, which for the duration of the career adds up to less with the hope of the same quality in the future.

Works great sometimes - Rooney, Ronaldo, De Gea
Never worked - Anderson
Somewhere in between - Nani

But if there's a chance to sign top talent, I think you should go for it, if Juve are willing to listen to a high offer we do it. If we buy Depay this summer, but Reus wants to come we should go for that. Problem sometimes if you buy too many stars, they're usually used to being the center of attention, most of the play going through them which leads to issues on the pitch.

I don't think we're at that stage yet, buying young players mostly and to buy a few established players is definitely the way to go imo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Napoli are in talks with Manchester United for Fellaini

Napoli target Manchester United’s Fellaini, they started the talks to bring him to Italy. A difficult negotiation, but Napoli’s executives are conducting it. Manchster United don’t want to give him on loan and ask for €25M: an important figure, Napoli ponder and try to find a way to acquire the Belgian international.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/napoli-are-in-talks-with-manchester-united-for-fellaini/

Would be incredible if we get 25 mil euros off them
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:29 am

would be incredible if anyone pays us anything for him Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:58 pm

'Fellaini says yes to Napoli'

Spoiler:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:46 pm

The last remnant of Moyes' tenure. We're on the verge of cleansing ourselves.

Would be great business, even after the fact we're getting a loss to what we paid.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Corriere dello Sport is really garbage tbf

just one of many examples

Spoiler:

Anyway I think he would say yes . His friend Mertens  plays with Napoli too and  when all 3 (player, clubs)are favorable to reach an agreement...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next