30 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Corriere dello Sport is really garbage tbf

just one of many examples

Spoiler:

Anyway I think he would say yes . His friend Mertens  plays with Napoli too and  when all 3 (player, clubs)are favorable to reach an agreement...

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Inter had a summit with the agent of Chicharito Hernandez: the situation

After the friendly against Manchester United, Inter had a summit with the agent of Chicharito Hernandez. Mazzarri and the executives like him, if somebody left, he would certainly be considered. With Palacio, Icardi and the imminent arrival of Osvaldo, the attack seems completed. As for now, Van Gaal keeps Hernandez.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/inter-had-a-summit-with-the-agent-of-chicharito-hernandez-the-situation/

Also being linked with Atletico Madrid
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 pm

If I were Chicha, I would go to Atletico. He's doing his career no favours being at United. It already cost him limited time at the WC.

As for us, 2 weeks to go before the league starts and not a peep so far. No hint of signing centre backs, Vidal talk has gone stale for quite a few days now, no emerging talks of players leaving with the exception of the latest chicha talks. We should have secured atleast a CB signing by now ffs.

Woodward is testing my patience. Yet again.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:54 pm

fwiw

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPeteO/status/495258250536030211

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPeteO/status/495267510657490944
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:44 am

Small crumbs. It is what it is though.

Action, action, action.

Scars of last summer's window keep resurfacing in my mind. Although not as bad, because we bought two very good players in this time, we're still lacking key signings for key areas.

Time is ticking. 4 weeks may seem like a lot of time, but it really isn't.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Vidal is confirmed to be going on tour, just my personal opinion (don't kill me) don't think it's happening. Of course, there's a chance, but shows that we're not even close.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Manchester United are confident Thomas Vermaelen will opt for Old Trafford over Camp Nou.

Thomas Vermaelen's situation is likely to reach a conclusion this week, Barcelona are pushing hard.[SkySports]

Kinda crazy how he has a choice between us and Barca.

Anyway, I have my doubts, hopefully he can rejuvenate his career in a 3 man back-line, like how Vidic is looking at Inter. Still really worried about his injury record too.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Jorge Sampaoli (Chile's manager): “I know that the main problem in Vidal’s $80m transfer to Manchester United is LVG’s doubt over the improvement of Vidal’s knee”

There were reports before, that we asked Chile for records on his knee, if true, it would make sense why Sampaoli knows.

Must. Not. Get. Hooked. Back. In.

______

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:07 pm

21 days remaining for the window to slam shut. woodward better be at the right place right now negotiating and stuff. we certainly aint complete and ready for a title challenge yet.

chelski, arsenal, shety have already wrapped up their dealings and lolpool too looks almost. we were the club that needed the biggest overhaul and yet we are trailing to all of them. Rolling Eyes

woodward sonofagun talks a lot about our pulling power and 'infinite' wealth these days but hardly we see any sort of actual evidence to that in the transfer market Mad 

even much needed areas are far from strengthened. guess what we are 21 days away from going into a 30 + matches first half with a 3-5-2 formation with only 3 centre backs. and even affordable players are snubbing us it looks like. Latest rumour being blind opting for Barca adding to the long list of players that say no. cm spot is manageable imo. with a week long gap between games fletch will be able to do the job alongside ander. but the defence its not like that. gives me chills thinking about proposition of jones and co. getting toyed by world class players our rivals have bought already.

and why the hell the club is going after impossible targets yet again after last seasons debacle i seriously cant understand. di maria ??? seriously ... fkkkk ... launching a 55 million bid when everybody in the universe know that he wont be joining a non cl club. now they will drag this saga until 31 aug and waste precious time once again.
what the hell is wrong with this club. and vidal.. why not the club come out and say something .. clarify. this will we or wont we crap is outright stupid and embarassing. effing end this shite now pleasee... .. everyday checking newsnow, and redcafe for the news and getting bitterly disappointed..i am sick of this shet... it happens all the time and it happens only with us all the time, every effing window. ... uggghhhhhh.......
for once i thought we would have a good window after seeing two very good buys happening back to back. but after that... its been the same old story. non rosy stuff..  we certainly cant challenge for a top 4 spot with the team we have at our disposal. we may win a lot of matches at the start. but after that initial van gaal aura fade and when it gets to the business end i can see us falling badly and finish some disgraceful  6th or 7th once again. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:15 pm

tbf, only Chelsea have done all their transfers. City still need to tie up Mangala, Liverpool still haven't tied up a LB and another striker and Arsenal need a DM, CB and a striker. Not sure if they're pursing a striker and a DM though since they're not linked with any CFs and Arteta has just been named captain.

We're lucky with the first few fixtures being relatively easy so this squad should take us through for awhile. But we really need to add a CB and CM, I really hope we sign some before the end of the window or Woodward has failed. Must say I'm happy we pulled out of the Vermaelen deal we would have had to outbid Barca's £15 mil., neither I did I want him tbh.

On Vidal, if the reports are true about his knee (he is training alone as far as I know) then it's right that we're hesitant, hopefully we don't wait for him for too long though.

Also, it's not surprising that Moyes targets like Shaw and Herrera were done pretty early, but the LvG targets are taking a bit longer because we've had less time to get them done. This was always the downside of sacking of Moyes and getting a new manager. We don't have a sporting director like Barca, for example, who's largely responsible for transfer targets and not the coach so they're not effected by letting a manager go as much as us.

We wait til Sept 1st til we kill Woodward hmm
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Busby Babe wrote:tbf, only Chelsea have done all their transfers. City still need to tie up Mangala, Liverpool still haven't tied up a LB and another striker and Arsenal need a DM, CB and a striker. Not sure if they're pursing a striker and a DM though since they're not linked with any CFs and Arteta has just been named captain.

the difference obviously being both arsenal as well as luvpool are in the market just to add back up players to get their side ready for europe unless and until of course suddenly a player of the ilk of a cavani or someone pop up transfer listed
the first team players have already arrived bar to pool may be . and mangala to noisy neighbours is very much a done dealio as well.
we on the other hand are still looking to fill in first team spots. :facepalm:

Busby Babe wrote:
We wait til Sept 1st til we kill Woodward hmm

Clubber 
yep.. simply no excuses now whatsoever. especially after boasting about our finances every other day, if he comes a cropper with no further signings this time or even a so so signing on the deadline day, the guy shouldnt be spared.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 pm

plus why the rat's buttocks we havent placed a bid for memphis GOAT depay yet. Mad there its a player whom lvg too is pretty confident about. rather than going after these 35 m or 55 m rated sure to decline us targets we can easily get this guy for a reasonable amount of money to play on the wing. Rolling Eyes

heard tottenham are somewhat close to landing him. yea unless they make it public everythings smoke and stuff but here i suspect if lvg wanted him we would have gotten him already.
from the looks of it the guy could prove to be yet another bale,  rodriguez story in the making. not snapping up the player when we have the chance and then later on ruing. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:tbf, only Chelsea have done all their transfers. City still need to tie up Mangala, Liverpool still haven't tied up a LB and another striker and Arsenal need a DM, CB and a striker. Not sure if they're pursing a striker and a DM though since they're not linked with any CFs and Arteta has just been named captain.

the difference obviously being both arsenal as well as luvpool are in the market just to add back up players to get their side ready for europe unless and until of course suddenly a player of the ilk of  a cavani or someone pop up transfer listed
the first team players have already arrived bar to pool may be . and mangala to noisy neighbours is very much a done dealio as well.
we on the other hand are still looking to fill in first team spots. :facepalm:

But they're not back-up options though. Arsenal, for example need a CF, the excuses of there is no top striker available is not a good one, even if one was available Arsenal can't afford their wages so they're waiting for something that won't even happen in that case. They either have to look for the next RvP, like they did before or go to the next tier of top strikers like Higuain, Gomez, Mandzukic for example but they didn't want any of those players last summer or this summer.

Sanchez is a great player, great signing, but it's like the Mata signing for us already a position of strength. If you don't fix other areas of weakness it won't take long before the fans become frustrated again. Debuchy is the only player they've signed that they've really needed. Chambers is a signing for the future and after today I'm sure he'll be star. However, if I was an Arsenal fan, I would be able to accept not buying a CF to an extent, but I'd be pissed if a CDM is not at least signed though, probably the biggest reason they were heavily beaten against the top teams, and then you make the weakest area of the pitch captain...

Liverpool fan's will probably be a little annoyed, if when Sturridge is out they'd have to rely on Lambert, Sturridge is a little injury prone too. Also, would think Glen Johnson would need to be removed from the starting XI at any cost.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Cardiff City close to loan deal for Manchester United defender Michael Keane, with decision due on Monday

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-close-loan-deal-7591722

SkyBet FL News @SkyBetNews

Nottingham Forest are close to signing Wilfried Zaha on a season long loan from Manchester United. #NFFC #MUFC
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:01 am

Not only do we need to address key areas, we haven't even got rid of the dead weight players clogging up the squad. fck me, time is ticking and not a single solid bit of update regarding progress in this window has propped up.

LVG has hinted that he wants players. "unbalanced squad" "lack of quality wingers" (<--Paraphrasing). After assessing the squad, he knows that we lack the quality to compete.

If Woodward fails again to bring in reinforcements, especially after giving it large in his latest interview, he should be demoted or sacked. I don't care. For us to go into a season with 3 injury prone cb's plus an untried youngster at the highest level, a cm in need of depth and quality, is asking for trouble that even LVG's mangerial prowess will struggle to work wonders on.

Having no European football and having a relative easy start of fixtures in the league doesn't mean we can afford to be lax.

In terms of player signings, nada since June. while other teams that need signings are on their 3rd or 4th signings (disregarding City who are stacked with depth).

Same ish, de javu when it comes to us in recent summers. We're heavily linked with a few top players, the saga drags on and on till the very last couple of days of the transfer window, and then we end up missing out on the target, with very little time to find other suitable replacements or to tie up other signings.

I feel if the squad remains as it is now, we'll either finish 5th or just about 4th. Hope I'm wrong and that we do better, but that's my gut feeling. A bunch of good results in LVG's honeymoon period in pre season doesn't make me suggest for one sec this squad doesn't need improving.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:59 pm

RED wrote:
Having no European football and having a relative easy start of fixtures in the league doesn't mean we can afford to be lax.

Of course not but it does give us more wiggle room than last seasons first few fixtures. If we lose those games, bar an early injury crisis, that's on LvG he should be able to beat those teams with this squad.

RED wrote:
In terms of player signings, nada since June. while other teams that need signings are on their 3rd or 4th signings (disregarding City who are stacked with depth).

But other teams haven't changed their manager, for example, because of LvG wanting Vermaelen our interest in him was late. Woodward or not it was always going to be a difficult summer because of a change in manager.

Arsenal centre back Vermaelen is close to joining Barcelona. Deal would already have been done if Man Utd wouldn't have intervened. [catr]

Also, LvG wanted to assess the squad, he had to see if the 5-3-2 would work, if it didn't then our targets would change if we wanted to use a 4-3-3, now for example it's not necessary to get a top class winger.

Now if we don't sign at least a CM and CB this summer is most definitely a failure because it would mean we don't have the depth to play 5-3-2 anymore and ruins months of preparation, but let's wait and see.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 BuxR5PyIYAApDOu

Loan with option to buy. Fwiw, he has the same agent as Vidal, which could mean reports saying we were going to meet his agent were true but not for Vidal but for Henriquez. Could always be for both though.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 pm

wish we loaned him to a championship side...he has a pretty good year in Segunda last year
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Manchester United could submit a official bid for Vidal in the next couple of hours. (Sky Italia)

Richard Askam from the BBC

richard askam ‏@richaskam 8h
Cuadrado to Manchester United does appear to be getting ever closer. Hear his representatives are in the city #mufc

Proud ffs Ed if you pull this off
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:55 am

£60 mil on wing backs.

We've gotten criticised for buying Shaw for £30 mil, but the common consensus is it's okay for us to buy Cuadrado for essentially the same price Proud

Must admit, from what I've read and seen of him, I want Barca to beat us to this transfer too, if true.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't believe any of that. I think our business in this transfer window is done.

Don't get your hopes up with that charlatan in charge of our transfers. Ed "watch this space"/off for urgent business' Woodward.

At a stretch, in the last day of the window, we may land some obscure talent to play CB. But that's about it, imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Man Utd have made a bid for Sporting Lisbon's Rojo, according to O Jogo.
Record now saying #MUFC have met Marcos Rojo's release clause.
Marcos Rojo has refused to train today. 'Record' reporting he's trying to push through a move to #MUFC. Not interested in Saints move.

From a Sky Sports Journo:

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey

Sporting Lisbon chairman Bruno de Carvalho insists they are yet to receive an offer for William Carvalho but confirmed bids for Marcos Rojo.

Fits the same criteria as Vermaelen: left-footed, good on the ball and can play CB and LWB. I've only seen play in the WC, but Sporting fans seem to rate him, other fans seem not to. He's also Southampton's intended replacement for Shaw, will be great if we steal him away from that club.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Looks legit

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO

Sky Sources: Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo has handed in a transfer request and says he wants to join Manchester United. #MUFC
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 pm

not bad, he was impressive at world cup....only 24, so fits in same age range as Jones and Smalling
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah, I'm happy if this goes through. Was scared what the alternative to Vermaelen would be if Vermaelen was top choice but Rojo is not a bad back-up plan. Most importantly he is not injury prone.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:32 pm

daily star wrote:Man Utd step up efforts for second star defender after launching £16m Marcos Rojo bid

Manchester United: Defensive Target Rojo Hands in Transfer Request

hmm

guy actually impressed me going by his exploits at the wc. so at 16 m. a not so bad buy i guess. make sense as well as he can play both cb and lb.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next