iftikhar
Busby Babe
30 posters

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Glory Fri May 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Hell thats a lot of money.
We have more pressing concerns. Wont this deal affect those purchases ? We need a RB at least and a CB.

Honestly I would have preferred Depay over Bale, but thats just me.
Now since we are going to pass on depay (isnt it ?) at least have to make sure we land bale. Cant stand the thought of missing out on both. It will be disastrous.

If we can lure PSG to sell us Veratti by giving them Di maria, then it would have helped us to bid for depay too. As that would have made room for another winger. But then that will be too much muppetry for one season i guess, hehe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri May 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Seems to me that Woody is gonna go all out to make Bale our marquee signing of the summer.

Woody aint playing about no more and I think part of the Adidas deal was to ensure we had top top signings donning our shirt. If the money is available, they'll spend. Woodward seems the type of person with more money than sense.

Also I think Depay is our fall back option. This deal could be done asap if we wanted to do it.

-Di Maria could happen as I think LVG has lost trust in him. We could perhaps use him as leverage to buy one of PSG's players (like you mentioned Verrati). As long as it's not Cavani! Or we could give him a proper pre season, have him more settled and rearing to go for next season. I hope it's the latter.

-Ogden says we have funds for our other key targets.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 am

Congrats on signing Depay!
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 am

YESSS £22mil too, nice work woody. Buzzing.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/596262445380988928

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Smile cheers
now sell di maria to PSG get Serge Aurier from them. Get dybala to play on that right wing, get Hummels/Laporte and get Gundogan/Sneiderlin.

ddg
aurier-smalling-hummels-shaw
carrick
herrera-gundogan
dybala-rooney-depay

make it happen please woody.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Sell Di Maria, a proven WC player and buy an unproven kid like Dybala ? what the hell
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 07, 2015 4:06 pm

S wrote:Sell Di Maria, a proven WC player and buy an unproven kid like Dybala ? what the hell

Yea if you look like that then true what the hell. But our situation right now demands something like that. LvG hasnt played him as a CM in a 4-3-3 not even once. So he is clearly a winger at United and very inconsistent one. Gets shoved off easily by defenders and so far has very much struggled. It can be the starting trouble, no denying that. The problem of adjusting to a new country and style and all. Theres a chance he may come really good next season.

But the thing is we need players elsewhere. And psg have the kind of players we might be needing, we are short on RB and CM. So might not be bad move if we sell him if his value is in tact and if psg is willing to spend money and to give one of their player in return.

Its an entirely personal opinion. Totally understand the criticism therefore. But we like chelsea need to be more shrewd in our transfer approach. Sell the players when their stock is high and get the players we want more and that suits more to our style. It will hence be more like a mata to united kind of move.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 07, 2015 4:07 pm

S wrote:Sell Di Maria, a proven WC player and buy an unproven kid like Dybala ? what the hell

A proven WC player playing in a certain position. We play best when he doesn't play. This isn't a smiple plug n play scenario. Di Maria is a good runner but has no sense and in a team that circulates the ball he is a liabaility. He would be much better in a counter attacking team ro a team that plays to his strengths.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Dybala is barely an improvement over Di Maria as of now.You have low expectations,especially after the summer you had last yr.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 07, 2015 4:38 pm

S wrote:Dybala is barely an improvement over Di Maria as of now.You have low expectations,especially after the summer you had last yr.

I don't want Dybala. Depay will most likely play on the left. I would prefer another right winger of some sort.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 07, 2015 4:38 pm

well, frankly dont want Bale for insane money. It will be sending wrong signals. And we already have mata who can play there on the right side. So a young player as the other option, a player who have potential would be a smart move, not necessarily dybala, but the thing with dybala is he can cover multiple positions and it will come in handy. Realistic expectation I believe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Thu May 07, 2015 11:52 pm

We could sign Bale, Vidal, Hummels, Clyne et al and I'd still have no confidence in us under Van Gaal. We'd probably end up with Bale at LB, Vidal out wide, Fella up top and Rooney in CM. The nutter.

It's Klopp or bust. He's the only man who can sort us out.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 08, 2015 12:43 am

so fickle jesus where am I RAWK?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Fri May 08, 2015 1:06 am

:coffee:
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri May 08, 2015 2:35 am

Muppet wrote:We could sign Bale, Vidal, Hummels, Clyne et al and I'd still have no confidence in us under Van Gaal. We'd probably end up with Bale at LB, Vidal out wide, Fella up top and Rooney in CM. The nutter.

It's Klopp or bust. He's the only man who can sort us out.

No guarantee of that. I feel Klopp is being massively overrated. No doubt he's a good manager, but not that good.

We get 4th, get deals wrapped up early like the Depay signing, then no doubt LVG deserves a full summer and another season to get it right, to continue the transition and build his own squad. He'll deserve it too.

One signing down, 4/5 more to go. Hopefully we'll sort them out before pre-season. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 08, 2015 7:10 pm

WHo do you guys think we will sign this summer? Clyne, Gundogan are names I keep seeing being tossed about. We need another rw, a rb, vice Carrick, another cm, a striker and a cb imo. Flog off Falcao and Di Maria if we can.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Alex Song is available.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Van Gaal keeps preaching how he needs balanced squad/selection so I expect us to address all areas of need especially if we are in CL next year we will need the depth because this year as soon as a CM goes down, there goes rooney into MF :facepalm:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 pm

In a perfect world...

Out

Valencia
Evans
Cleverley
Di Maria
Januzaj(loan)
RvP
Chicharito

In

Coleman
Laporte
Schneiderlin
Pogba/Vidal
Bale
Benteke/Lacazette(can't decide, probably Tekkers)

What will most likely happen...

Out

DDG
Rafael
Evans
Clev
Janu(loan)
Nani
Chicharito

In

Alves
Hummels
Gundogan or some other 8 who LvG will fail in converting to a 6
Cavani

In which case I turn off the telly when we're playing.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 09, 2015 3:48 am

Clearly depends on other positions and our current team IMO.

For instance, our RW for next season will and should have a say on who we intend to bring as a RB. If we go for someone like a bale who put very less to zero effort in tracking back going for a clyne wouldnt be a good idea as he is an attacking full back.  The most ideal proposition would be a player in the mould of an Ivanovic. Is there any other RB like him ? If so, the priority should be that.

Then we need a replacement for carrick. Ideally the stars align for a player like Schneiderlin. But the problem in that move is Carrick is not finished yet. He is playing at elite level even now and can play like that for at least a season more. More than all that lvg has enormous trust in him. So if he is fit, he is an auto starter. Then it would be criminal to bench a player of the quality of morgan sneid to accomodate carrick. Added to that we have already options like Blind who can play a similar role in the side.

What we need is not hence a no.6 . But it is actually a no. 8, a starter, anyone from Gundogan to Pogba to Verratti would fill the role. Dream signing would be obviously verratti. And it is not as impossible as people think it is. As we hold the card called di maria with us. if PSG are interested still, we can make an outrageous offer for marco verratti to test their resolve along with di maria.

Then we need a CB. Since Smalling has developed well and truly and has leadership attributes, it wouldnt be a bad idea if we skip Hummels and go for some one young and who is quality. Varane/Laporte/Dragovic.

Lastly we need another striker. Rooney and RvP will be there. So as a 3rd choice no.9 someone young and cheap. Vietto who has a cheap release clause or someone similar to that.
Then theres a possibilty of di maria leaving/swapping for another player. If so someone who can play both as  a winger and a striker would be a good idea.

As far as the players leaving its obvious. All the loanees plus evans, falcao, valencia.
Wilson on loan.
Januzaj decision should depend on other things like for eg, whether we get another winger or not for start.

Last edited by Glory on Sat May 09, 2015 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 09, 2015 4:32 am

For me Ideal scenario hence

1st choice | 2nd choice
gk - ddg | valdes
lb - shaw | blind
lcb - laporte*| rojo
rcb - smalling | jones
rb - ? (aurier) | rafael
dm(no.6) - carrick | blind
lB2b/cam - gundogan*/verratti* | fellaini
rB2b/cam - herrera | pereira
lw - depay | young
rw - ? (dybala)/di maria | mata
cf - rooney | vietto*

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 21, 2015 6:14 pm

[url=http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-jonny-9305111#ICID=sharebar_twitter[/url]

Manchester United transfer news: Jonny Evans wanted by Tottenham and Everton

Tottenham are prepared to compete with Everton for Manchester United centre-back Jonny Evans this summer.

Evans, 27, has experienced another injury-plagued season - blighted by his spitting incident at Newcastle - and has not been offered a new contract.

The Northern Ireland defender's deal expires in less than 13 months, whereas Chris Smalling has already earned a new contract and United are expected to announce new deals for Ashley Young and Phil Jones in the summer.

Evans, who has been reduced to 14 starts this season, has also seen rookie defenders Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett ink new contracts under Louis van Gaal.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez is in desperate need of an experienced central defender, with Sylvain Distin and Antolin Alcaraz due to leave in the summer.

Everton also remain heavily reliant on 32-year-old captain Phil Jagielka, named the club's Player of the Year this week despite a shaky start to the season.

Martinez particularly values Evans' ability as a defensive distributor and Evans is believed to favour a move to Goodison Park over White Hart Lane, since he would not have to uproot his young family.

Uff da !

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat May 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Ilkay Gundogans girlfriend posted this 2 days ago on her instagram with the caption

"Where am I?"

Spoiler:

Proud Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat May 23, 2015 5:50 pm

B-Mac wrote:Ilkay Gundogans girlfriend posted this 2 days ago on her instagram with the caption

"Where am I?"

Spoiler:

Proud Proud

I hope this is true. A good Carrick replacement.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 23, 2015 6:00 pm

jibers wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Ilkay Gundogans girlfriend posted this 2 days ago on her instagram with the caption

"Where am I?"

Spoiler:

Proud Proud

I hope this is true. A good Carrick replacement.

lmao. Transfer muppet stuff of the highest order.

His girlfriend is a German TV soap starlet who was in Mallorca and asked her instagram followers to guess where she is by posting a photo of the airport.
That the sign shows a flight departing to Manchester is obviously pure coincidence, but I guess it was enough to spawn 500+ posts on redcafe Laughing

Gündogan might very well join Utd, but this picture has NOTHING whatsoever to do with his transfer situation Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat May 23, 2015 6:02 pm

if theres one thing we've learned, it's that WAGS on social media are the most reliable sources :coffee:

Di Maria's wife was liking united stuff on instagram before his transfer last season Laughing

Last edited by B-Mac on Sat May 23, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next