Valkyrja
chad4401
Nishankly
Mr Nick09
Arsenalfaithfull
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Suarez - among the best? - Page 2 Empty Re: Suarez - among the best?

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 pm

izzy wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Bergkamp and Cantona are definitely in that tier but they never EVER had a season like Suarez had. He's surpassed both.

Only second to HENRY like I said.

Kevin Phillips had a 30+ season as well.

Pls go.

Kevin Phillips rofl

I'm not talking about goals you pleb. I'm talking about utter domination.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

Kevin Phillips rofl

Did you even watch the PL in the early 2000s?

Phillips was scoring against EVERYONE. The dude was practically brilliant that year. Defences couldn't stop him.

Again, you didn't watch.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Kevin Phillips rofl

Don't call me James wrote:Drogba rofl

Scored more than 20 only ONCE in his entire 9 years career in England. rofl
Dat best of all time in PL rofl

What is this garbage tier Laughing

So, it's not about goals..... but then it is?

Last edited by izzy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:19 pm

What Suarez did last season, Shearer did 5 or 6 times despite the fact he suffered double ACL leg breaks twice.

Scored 111 goals in 124 games before the initial leg break and was voted into the Balon D'or top 3 twice when it was actually relevant going up against the likes of Weah and R9.

I wish people wouldn't talk about players they have no idea about.... oh and Bergkamp >>>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Drogba may not have has as as prolific goal scoring report card as others in that list, but he influenced games like no other  players out there. The mere presence of drogba  hassling cb's would allow other secondary attackers in Chelsea to score goals. I should know- I am an Arsenal supporter.

Also, you could always rely on Drogba to show up in the big games.

Bergkamp and Cantona did not score many goals, but they would be highly involved in the play which would lead to Man Utd and Arsenal scoring goals imo.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 pm

We are talking about a player who broke the record of goals scored in EPL history ( or he was close to do it for 1 goal, I don't rememember ) , this would be enough ... although he missed the first 6 matches for ban , he didn't play with the best team of the league on paper  (and  most  ppl didn't think even to CL place) , and he didn't shot penalty kicks
how can be really underrated his impact in EPL?
the Suarez of EPL 2014 is story and also for this reason he deserved to win the title

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Lmao the same could be said about Suarez. The mere presence Laughing Defenses shit their pants when they see Suarez coming.

Like I said Moal Shearer, Cantona, and Bergkamp are in that goat tier but all second to Henry. And Suarez is only second to Henry.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Bergkamp and Cantona are definitely in that tier but they never EVER had a season like Suarez had. He's surpassed both.

Only second to HENRY like I said.

In what world has he surpassed Bergkamp? what has he done to surpass Bergkamp? If you watched prime Bergkamp then you wouldn't even be talking about this.

He hasn't even surpassed Ronaldo as a player nevermind Shearer. Plus, did you watch Drogba in 08/09? what has suarez done to eclipse that season's Drogba?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Lmao the same could be said about Suarez. The mere presence Laughing Defenses shit their pants when they see Suarez coming.

Like I said Moal Shearer, Cantona, and Bergkamp are in that goat tier but all second to Henry. And Suarez is only second to Henry.

No doubt Suarez has that sort of effect on opposite cbs, but Drogba did it for nearly a decade man! Lets be honest, he single handedly won Chelsea their CL as well. Suarez has not done it for 8 years... which is why I chose not to put him in that first tire (just yet). If we are highlighting what he has done in one season and comparing it with that of other strikers, then yea I would say he is up there in the top 3.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 pm

First of all *bleep* off with this 'did you watch' bullshit I've been watching PL nonstop since '98.

Yeah RG I remember Drogba's 08-09 season where he score measly 5 league goals. I'm sure you're talking about Chelsea's Ancelotti winning league season. And Suarez last season was better.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:29 pm

McAgger before his injuries he was a lot more than just goals.

The Shearer you're describing is the post injury Shearer who had to develop a back to goal game and box scorer because of mentioned injuries.

Before them he was so much more he like Del Piero were hampared by career threatening injuries and while they had fantastic careers they could have been so much more, anyway i disagree lets just leave it there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Lmao the same could be said about Suarez. The mere presence Laughing Defenses shit their pants when they see Suarez coming.

No doubt Suarez has that sort of effect on opposite cbs, but Drogba did it for nearly a decade man! Lets be honest, he single handedly won Chelsea their CL as well. Suarez has not done it for 8 years... which is why I chose not to put him in that first tire (just yet). If we are highlighting what he has done in one season and comparing it with that of other strikers, then yea I would say he is up there in the top 3.

Bro Suarez has only been in PL for 3.5 years. How do you expect him to do it for 8 years ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 pm

it's difficult to do a comparison now .

but anyway if we judge the SINGLE year and not the overall performace in EPL Suarez did something of enough rare imo

about the overall impact in EPL and not based on single year ,  he is compared with players who played many EPL leagues ( Bergkamp , Shearer, Drogba etc ) , more leagues than him so I think it can be done just in next years if he will remain to Liverpool . we  must wait

P.S. About the prime Owen - the prime Suarez

I liked Owen , but the prime Suarez is definitely better. Definitely more complete than him
Imho Suarez is the best Liverpool CF since there is the Premier League (92)

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:McAgger before his injuries he was a lot more than just goals.

The Shearer you're describing is the post injury Shearer who had to develop a back to goal game and box scorer because of mentioned injuries.

Before them he was so much more he like Del Piero were hampared by career threatening injuries and while they had fantastic careers they could have been so much more, anyway i disagree lets just leave it there.

I'm going to admit I was a little kid in mid-90s during Shearer's prime. So you got me there. But from the footage I've seen, he's still not better than Henry. And don't know how complete he was in terms of Suarez's all around game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Kevin Philips is Uefa Challenge legend , and Uefa Challenge was a scrub PS1 game so I can't rate him highly tbh

if I think to an old EPL CF my first name will be always Shearer ,or Henry

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

Bro Suarez has only been in PL for 3.5 years. How do you expect him to do it for 8 years ffs.

Well yea, I took that into account which is why I said "not just yet'. But Suarez has really only come onto his own over the last season I believe.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 pm

I think Shearer would have been the talking point of the PL had he moved to Manchester United. He would have also been rated a lot higher than he is (by fans of other leagues).

No disrespect to NUFC and Mole of course lol
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Alot of prisoner of the moment stuff going on here.

All this "surpassing" talk is not a concept which computes in my brain at all. Either Suarez right now is better than the what Bergkamp/Cantona/Drogba/whoever your talking about....or he isnt better.

How many goals he scoring or what things he does, mean nothing without context...either the level he is at is better of it isnt.

He cant "do things" to surpass him, either he is already better as a player now or he isnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:First of all *bleep* off with this 'did you watch' bullshit I've been watching PL nonstop since '98.

Yeah RG I remember Drogba's 08-09 season where he score measly 5 league goals. I'm sure you're talking about Chelsea's Ancelotti winning league season. And Suarez last season was better.

Sorry I meant 09/10 season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 pm

He's not better than Henry even i admit that Laughing

But i have yet to see anyone else better and that includes Suarez, can he get there one day if he stays? Maybe.

I have to mention these things because i get the feeling that despite being PLs all time top scorer a lot forget how good he was, i have a feeling i know why but oh well.

As you were  Very Happy 
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:Alot of prisoner of the moment stuff going on here.

All this "surpassing" talk is not a concept which computes in my brain at all. Either Suarez right now is better than the what Bergkamp/Cantona/Drogba/whoever your talking about....or he isnt better.

How many goals he scoring or what things he does, mean nothing without context...either the level he is at is better of it isnt.

He cant "do things" to surpass him, either he is already better as a player now or he isnt.

In that case, he clearly isn't a better player than Bergkamp was. Not for me anyways.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:42 pm

So does goals = best players or does success and actually scoring when it matters = best player

otherwise Mario Gomez in Bayern >>> everyone bar messi
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Suarez plays well when it matters. Scores important goals. And is a big game player.

This notion that he's not a big game player is SOOOO false that I cannot believe you people have bought into it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 pm

1 good season ffs, suarez isn't even better than ibra Laughing, epl pundits constant hyping of player that perform in that league never gets old, and how easily it brain washes some of these fans, again 1 good season calm down already
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:45 pm

chad4401 wrote:1 good season ffs, suarez isn't even better than ibra Laughing, epl pundits constant hyping of player that perform in that league never gets old, and how easily it brain washes some of these fans, again 1 good season calm down already

Is that all you came to say? Good for you, now leave.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I don't think he's not a big game player, i just think his game doesn't translate to being a consistent big game scorer.

The two are different, when i say he's a flop i'm trolling i don't actually mean it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum