McAgger
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
29 posters

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:55 am

Lambert and Borini are okay for back-up, but not starting quality for a top-4 club. I'm not worried about money, but the lack of realistic and good enough names being thrown around worries me.

My knowledge outside of British football is quite limited, but I'm struggling to identify strikers that are available and can be trusted to be good enough to start for us.

I mean, Remy wasn't an ideal option in the first place.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:06 am

When are we selling Johnson/Enrique plz ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:18 am

I'm struggling why you think we so desperately need a starting striker with Sturridge already at the club. If you're worried about injuries then that's exactly what "back-ups" are for. If you're expecting our default formation to have two actual CFs then I think you'll be left disappointed, as I fully expect us to use a 3-man attack far more often than a midfield diamond or such. Along those same lines, I also expect the forward/attacker we do target to be one that's as suited to playing in a 3-person attack as he would be in a CF partnership. Someone closer to Lacazette is far more likely than the Bony-type player I have a feeling you'd prefer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:18 am

Natalie Portman wrote:When are we selling Johnson/Enrique plz ?

Johnson: January or gone on a free next summer.
Enrique: Next summer if Moreno signs and settles in well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 am

Lambert and Borini are okay back-ups as in players to bring on from the bench or start in less important matches. I don't want to rely on them in case Sturridge is injured or suspended.

Benteke? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:46 am

1. I think you guys are assuming that Borini & Ricky will flop. Because if they don't, we got two good 'back-up' strikers.

2. Now if both of them can flop along with injury or flop on part of Sturridge, so can any new player.

3. If we want an upgrade over Borini & Ricky, he has to be a starter and will mean adopting a system with two CF.

4. I think only reason the CF issue isn't dead yet is due to the 'fact' that Rodgers wants to replace Borini with someone NOT better BUT with different traits than him.

So unless Borini is sold, he along with Ricky will be the back-ups with Raheem & Marko chipping in.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 am

RedOranje wrote:
Besides, we already have 3 CFs in Sturridge, Lambert, and Borini plus a number of others who can cover the position in a pinch, either as out of position (but still relatively comfortable players) or as youngsters getting their chance on the big stage.

Sturridge is injury prone.
Borini is better as a "wide" forward rather than actually playing as the main striker.
Lambert is no better than Iago Aspas. In fact, he's not even better than Carroll. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:31 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:go ahead and sign him in your FM then :coffee:

I should.

Stats back me up here. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:53 am

RedOranje wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Red what is troublesome isn't the money or reputation rather what BR stated multiple times "the availability of the right type of player"

I don't see how that's worrying at all. Would you rather the club be giving on indications that it DOESN'T have a specific type of target in mind and therefore might just throw money at the first forward that appears to be available (a'la Carroll)?

That's not at all what i said mate. I specifically said there is a lack of strikers with the right profile. And i didn't mention throwing money at any other beside our chosen profile. It is very troublesome if we don't get a 4th striker cause no matter how much it is argued Borini is not up to mark (totally agreed with Art here) hunger desire dedication is 100% for the lad but he just lacks that bit of edge we need in this role.

No matter how much we ignore or avoid we cannot replace the 31 goals and around 11 assists with only Borini & Lambert. I just cannot see that happening. And also i cannot see that being replaced entirely by any other striker currently BUT there has to be a better solution then the ones we currently have and obviously it has to be by the PHILOSOPHY of BR.

And also with Sturridge's injury issues . . I would just quote BR here from last night. . . When asked if Daniel Sturridge’s injury underlined the importance of adding a new striker, Brendan Rodgers said: “Yes. It’s crucial for us.”  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 am

iftikhar wrote:1. I think you guys are assuming that Borini & Ricky will flop. Because if they don't, we got two good 'back-up' strikers.

Well i guess everyone is assuming that not that they will flop but as backup strikers they might not be the edge we require in the front line as CF
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:02 am

But a better player wouldn't accept squad role and if we play with two strikers it would mean one of Raheem or Markovic is benched (or both in a diamond).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

If those quotes by BR are true, it is worrisome. That means we are looking for a striker. Also I am not sure how much BR as of now rates Borini to be sole CF leading the line.

People who are worried about getting a CF and then playing with 2 strikers-diamond-one of our attacking signing sitting out, sort of agree with that. In that case, it has to work out like this:

Either

1. If any of them is sitting out and we are getting results with the diamond formation. I wont be bothered who is sitting out. Because I am sure we cant play 50-60 games with the same set of forwards, so ultimately other players wil also get lot of chances.

OR

2. Get a forward from some midtable club. This player, who will consider getting into Liverpool a big step and wont mind being on the bench for a while, who is hungry enough to prove himself to get into the first team, who is probably less famous but suits to BR's system more than the big money strikers.

For this second option, it wont be so easy to find a striker, complete the deal and actually get him. Not saying we wont be able to, but saying that it is worriesome considering our previous record about late signings in the window.

For me, if we are not getting someone, we should just settle down and use what we have-Borini, Peterson(he did more than our exp striker Lambert :coffee: ), Yesil, Lambert, Ibe to mix it for that CF position till jan window. We can see how it is working out and may be get a better player in jan window, where probably there is more possibility than now to get someone.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Just splash cash and get Ibra. Sure hes like 32 but hes the only CF better than Suarez and will still goat for 2-3 years.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:18 pm

^ That would be awesome, but probably neither PSG nor Zlatan fancy it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Let's be realistic Ibra would never come here Laughing and we wouldn't be able to afford his wages.

Okay so once we complete Moreno-Manquillo deals (hopefully this week) we'll have 3 weeks to focus on our search for a ST.

I personally think we need two attackers on top Moreno-Manquillo what with Borini definitely leaving (I think). 1 ST and 1 all around attacker in the mould of Shaqiri/Firmino/SES/Draxler/etc.

Sturridge is very injury prone and he will definitely go a period in the season being injured (in fact he's already niggled). I like Lambert off the bench to change games and playing in cup matches but he's not a starting ST for a top 4 club. So NO I don't trust him starting when Sturridge is out. Borini is hopefully sold as he's even worse than Lambert at this stage and doesn't really look like he has massive potential. Everyone seems to be in agreement here that we need a new ST.

Now the all around attacker. On average we'll probably play 3 attacking minded players behind Sturridge in various positions per game. And these are the players we have available there: Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Ibe, Suso, Teixeira, Assaidi.

Assaidi will be sold. That's a definite. Teixeira is not yet ready at all. Suso and Ibe are even pushing it. So in reality we have 4 players that we can completely trust with 3 very important positions on the field. Lallana is injured and will probably miss 2-3 of our league matches. Markovic is niggled (lucky nothing serious). IF we were to play a competitive match today it means we're already 1 man short of how Rodgers wants to play. That's why I think we still need the other attacker in the mould of Shaqiri/SES/Firmino/Draxler/etc.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Has anyone bought Shaquiri yet!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:41 pm

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/08/04/english/1407164326_686993.html

He's in Liverpool already by now. Should be finalizing his medical and paperwork.

Now just Moreno left to complete this week hopefully and focus on the two attackers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Haames, we play most of the times three CM so we are left with two attackers for the final third + a striker (Studge) hmm and in few of the games we had played Coutinho in CM role but I dont think we will see it so often in this season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Haames, we play most of the times three CM so we are left with two attackers for the final third + a striker (Studge) hmm and in few of the games we had played Coutinho in CM role but I dont think we will see it so often in this season.

One of the CM's is very attack minded and requires a creative player (not Hendo/Allen/Emre). That's the position I think Coutinho and Lallana will play. But we'll see.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Don't call me James wrote:http://as.com/diarioas/2014/08/04/english/1407164326_686993.html

He's in Liverpool already by now. Should be finalizing his medical and paperwork.

Now just Moreno left to complete this week hopefully and focus on the two attackers.

Fan took a pic with him in in the airport in Liverpool.
Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 23 BuNmOLNIcAAYmJE

He's a beautiful bastard, Manquillo is Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 am

I had a very long and detailed response I'd been readying for the posts in here calling for a big money attacking signing or multiple strikers to be bought, but honestly it would all just be repeats of previous posts of mine in a slightly different frame and I can't be arsed to type it all out only to have the exact same things said in here today posted again in a week or so. So carry on.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 am

The thing is, lots of posts (inlcluding mine) were too much with ifs and buts...so we can just wait and see how we deal with this striker issue.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 am

What are our PRACTICAL options!!!

1. Either we need a CF who will be content with bench/rotation while being better than Borini & Ricky.

2. Or we need a CF better than Borini & Ricky who can play at WF and content to compete with Raheem & Markovic.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 pm

I really think Lacazette is who we should be looking at. He fits the bill for our exact needs right now without having to splash a ridiculous amount of money for a proven player (would love to get Volland as he's going to be world class, but I doubt they sell him right now and he's probably not on our radar).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Ok so with the major part of preseason over I expect these departures:

-Reina
-Johnson
-Agger (really wish it was Skrtel instead of him as he shits on Martin but oh well)
-Assaidi
-Coates (LOAN)
-Borini
-Kelly (LOAN)
-Coady
-Adorjan
-Teixeira (LOAN)
-Robinson (LOAN)
-More Possibly Youth Loans: McLaughlin, Brad Smith, Peterson, etc.

I personally think it's wise to keep 5 CBs at the club instead of just 4: so Lovren, Sakho, Ilori, Skrtel, Kolo is enough for now. 2 RB's and 2LBs: Moreno (hopefully), Enrique, Flanagan, Manquillo.

The rest is self explanatory. Get a couple of more attackers in and get rid of the deadwood.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:23 pm

What would you guys think of signings 1 year contract with a older legend that's past it just to cover until January or next summer when there are better options in the market? As it looks right now available ST's are very shit to the level we want relatively speaking.

Just some examples would be David Villa, Del Piero, Henry, Eto'o, etc? Not exactly these guys but someone like that who is past it but still has quality to help out until January or so.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next