sagnik92
Lex
Art Morte
billy_gr
Mamad
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Still he’s a captain there.
He owes more to Arsenal than he owes to Barca as a player and he should have considered these things when he was signing such a long term contract.
Now his responsibility to Arsenal is to clear things up.

I disagree with Arsenal fans saying Cesc’s part of this was fine (more so for a captain) but I agree that Barca’s approach was disrespectful.
Now it’s up to the lad to act like a man and either send them to hell or ask Wenger to let him go officially

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:38 pm

ah late replay... oh well
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DrogbasMother Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 pm

jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. Where was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere. He should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any of their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, but Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.

So when a player starts being arrogant or disrespectful it's all of a sudden "he's overrated" or "he's not that good anyway". The thread is not about how good Xavi but anyway

Where was xavi before Guardiola? Xavi Barcelona's most capped player ever FFS. Xavi is not overrated. He has been underrated for many years until Spain won the Euro. That's right he also plays for and performs for Spain not just Barca. He's done enough to be compared to past great midfielders.

One trick pony? He's a pure footballer. Being simple is what he is about and it works. He creates space for players like no one else, his technique is amazing, he holds the ball extremely well, rarely ever loses it and he's probably one of the best passers of all time and that's all sorts of passing. Not just short balls, but long balls and defence splitting through balls. He covers more ground in the field that anyone pretty much every game, makes more passes than anyone and his success rate is passing still tops anyone else's. He's more a deep lying playmaker or central midfielder but still averages around 20 assists a season. In 08 09 he had 29! In Rikjaard's era he couldn't show his role was different. He was overshadowed by Ronaldinho and even Deco. How can you be a fan of Laudrup but not Xavi.

Guardiola's tactics make's everyone look WC? No they actually are WC. He's tactics would not work if they didn't have WC players.

Last edited by DrogbasMother on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

DrogbasMother
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

cheesy wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Funny I thought the same thing about arsene wenger when he came and raided la masia for the 500000x time.....

And I feel just as bad when barca does the same, so don't bother bringing it up...
Arsene didn't raid anything. Barcelona were willing to sell Fabregas and Fabregas wanted to go to England and join Arsenal.

Stop making it sound as if Wenger took an illegal approach, or kidnapped Fabregas and forced him to play for Arsenal.

Barca were not willing to let anyone go, hence barca had forbidden arsene to go and watch fabregas when he played for barca so he went and saw when fabregas played for spain...

I can say the same thing to you about the illegal thing. Talking about a player with the press isn't illegal, heck even paul scholes talked about how he hopes that nasri joins man utd when he was asked about it...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Ms. Drogba Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 pm

jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. Where was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere. He should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any of their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, but Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.

So how come xavi won the best player of the tournament for the EURO when spain didn't have the same tactics as barca...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DrogbasMother Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 pm

The xcx wrote:
jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. WHere was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere, he should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any pof their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, bbut Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.
Guys who rate him higher than Zidane, Scholes or Laudrup are obv. barca fans... They always overrate their players and treat them like god ffs.

No that's Madrid, like Zidane. They guy who didn't win anything in his last 3 years at Madrid.

DrogbasMother
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Look, Barca's actions are not good in this case. It's obvious they want Cesc at a discount and I don't even really think it's about the money, I think Wenger just plain doesn't want him and Nasri to leave because if that happens his job for the first time is in serious jeopardy. He will not be able to get away with just making the champions league, both players are under contract so it is his right to feel this way. It looks bad for Arsenal to lose it's two best players for lack of ambition and Wenger knows this.

For the people saying Cesc has done nothing wrong, get your head out of the sand. This whole thing ends with one press confrence saying he's staying at Arsenal. Or telling his friends to shut up and not talk about him in the media. You are extremely gullible if you think he is just oblivious to whats going on, and just loves Arsenal football club.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Lex this link is what you requested by the way

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/431114-cesc-fabregas-stays-at-arsenal
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

lol at a barca fan coming here with a multi account and with a "unbiased" user name
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 pm

its funny how they are willing to offer 40mill for Alexis Sanchez who has done half of what Fabregas who they are willing to spend 35mill on and 7mill for Arsenal "stealing" 2 15 yr olds who they received 350000 each for.....

oh how this saga should end..... Sad
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Ah we’ve talked it to death in the Barca forums.
More impressive is we are willing to pay 40 for Sanchez instead of going for Aguero who costs more or less the same
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:16 pm

you mean Fabregas?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:26 pm

harhar11 wrote:

So how come xavi won the best player of the tournament for the EURO when spain didn't have the same tactics as barca...
Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi - Page 3 Notsur11
Tiki taka was used already when, Cruyff came along, Only Pep mastered it, and yes Xavi was average before 2008, methinks Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm

billy_gr wrote:Ah we’ve talked it to death in the Barca forums.
More impressive is we are willing to pay 40 for Sanchez instead of going for Aguero who costs more or less the same

Sanchez has a higher ceiling than Aguero, fits the system alot more, commands alot less wages plus the initial deal is 28 mill the rest is based on how Sanchez and the club performs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:its funny how they are willing to offer 40mill for Alexis Sanchez who has done half of what Fabregas who they are willing to spend 35mill on and 7mill for Arsenal "stealing" 2 15 yr olds who they received 350000 each for.....

oh how this saga should end..... Sad

When did we offer alexis 40m? What I know is that we offered them 27m plus variables, that's not the same as paying 40m. While from what I have read about the fab saga(albeit not that much as I am so tired of it that I mostly ignore it now) barca are offering over 30m without any variables, plus barca think that the youth player arsenal took from them should be a part of the deal and lower the money..

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:36 pm

The xcx wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Arsene Wenger slams ‘disrespectful’ Xavi - Page 3 Notsur11
Tiki taka was used already when, Cruyff came along, Only Pep mastered it, and yes Xavi was average before 2008, methinks Very Happy

tiki taka was used, but not the same tactics... Spain played a 4-4-2. And as you said tiki taka was used before guardiola came, then how come xavi wasn't as good then as he is now...

And no he wasn't average...

People really need to make up their mind, does messi make xavi and iniesta WC, or does xavi and iniesta make messi WC or do guardiola make them WC or do the players make guardiola a WC coach or is it the system... I swear that the posters here change their mind faster than a fickle girl...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:38 pm

You cannot tell about the ceiling unless you are a fortuneteller.
Who’s to say that Atletico would not accept a 30m initial fee plus variables. We did not make any approaches.

But you are right on the wages and system (however he can bring more individually)
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:32 pm

"People really need to make up their mind, does messi make xavi and iniesta WC, or does xavi and iniesta make messi WC or do guardiola make them WC or do the players make guardiola a WC coach or is it the system... I swear that the posters here change their mind faster than a fickle girl..."

THIS IS THE POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. In fact, I thought u were being sarcastic initially. You usually have insightful things to say, but this is just outrageous, and wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin.

Basically, every sentence and every point in your post is wrong.

Why would he thank Guardiola every time he wakes up? He's an outstanding athlete and he's 100% dedicated to Barcelona. He was making outstanding passes before Guardiola came around but the team wasn't built around him like it is now. He had Ronaldinho in that squad FFS!!!!

Barca plays perfectly for Xavi? LOL
Xavi does everything for his teammates to get into good positions. It's not barca playing for Xavi, it's Xavi playing for everyone else.

All he has is tempo control and good vision? What is a playmaker supposed to do then?
He has EXCELLENT vision and out-of-this-world tempo control. Pay attention to him and watch him moving his head around ALL the time. He's always aware of everyone's position on the pitch, and this is what makes him so great. He doesn't need to do tricks like Iniesta or Messi, yet you call him a 1 trick pony.
With Xavi, it's not even vision/tempo control that he's good at, it's something different, it's like he's a field marshall and is carrying a banner and everyone knows what to do when they're near him. You gotta be REALLY good to carry that banner for barcelona!

If you watch a full barcelona game and pay attention to Xavi and Xavi only, you will suddenly have an epiphany. I would recommend the Arsenal game in 2009/10 CL first leg. I watched Xavi in that game twice, and he was absolutely flawless. The guy made the right decision and right move each and every time, and his positioning was inch perfect. I was amazed at his performance. No wonder Arsenal looked like headless chickens.

He's not a flashy player but if you appreciate football, you will appreciate how Xavi plays the game. He is truly a unique player, and yes he's fortunate to have guys like Alves bombing down the right giving an option to pass, and having guys like Messi who never lose the ball, but that does NOT take away from what he does. If anything, he makes his teammates better by dictating where they should be. See, Xavi is almost like the 'point guard' in basketball terminology. Everyone plays off of him, because he's that good.

Also, you contradicted yourself by saying Xavi is a joke, then you said he's good. Make up your mind ffs.

Guardiola's tactics make's everyone look WC? No they actually are WC. He's tactics would not work if they didn't have WC players.

Thank you.

Last edited by _LMG_10_ on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:00 pm

he did not made it as big player to arsenal let see wats going on..
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:32 pm

xavi is humble and respectfull
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. In fact, I thought u were being sarcastic initially. You usually have insightful things to say, but this is just outrageous, and wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin.

Why would he thank Guardiola every time he wakes up? He's an outstanding athlete and he's 100% dedicated to Barcelona. He was making outstanding passes before Guardiola came around but the team wasn't built around him like it is now. He had Ronaldinho in that squad FFS!!!!

Xavi does everything for his teammates to get into good positions. It's not barca playing for Xavi, it's Xavi playing for everyone else.

All he has is tempo control and good vision? What is a playmaker supposed to do then?
He has EXCELLENT vision and out-of-this-world tempo control. Pay attention to him and watch him moving his head around ALL the time. He's always aware of everyone's position on the pitch, and this is what makes him so great. He doesn't need to do tricks like Iniesta or Messi, yet you call him a 1 trick pony.
With Xavi, it's not even vision/tempo control that he's good at, it's something different, it's like he's a field marshall and is carrying a banner and everyone knows what to do when they're near him. You gotta be REALLY good to carry that banner for barcelona!

If you watch a full barcelona game and pay attention to Xavi and Xavi only, you will suddenly have an epiphany. I would recommend the Arsenal game in 2009/10 CL first leg. I watched Xavi in that game twice, and he was absolutely flawless. The guy made the right decision and right move each and every time, and his positioning was inch perfect. I was amazed at his performance. No wonder Arsenal looked like headless chickens.

He's not a flashy player but if you appreciate football, you will appreciate how Xavi plays the game. He is truly a unique player, and yes he's fortunate to have guys like Alves bombing down the right giving an option to pass, and having guys like Messi who never lose the ball, but that does NOT take away from what he does. If anything, he makes his teammates better by dictating where they should be. See, Xavi is almost like the 'point guard' in basketball terminology. Everyone plays off of him, because he's that good.

Also, you contradicted yourself by saying Xavi is a joke, then you said he's good. Make up your mind ffs.

Thank you.
Someone who side passes all day is suddenly a genius. xavi is overrated its iniesta who deserves a mention
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:56 pm

How is Xavi overrated?

He is arguably the best passer in world football and he is up there with some of the greatest ever passers. His vision is second to none as well.

Because of this, you can always rely on Xavi when he has possession of the ball. Nobody can be given a football and be tasked with keeping it as well as he is able to.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:

Thank you.

the play character that you described for xavi is almost similar with riquelme, but riquelme's passing are more daring
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:21 am

The xcx wrote:
jibers wrote:Xavi is a joke. WHere was this confidence before Guardiola? Nowhere, he should be thanking Guardiola everytime he wakes up, Barcelona plays perfectly for xavi more than any pof their other players, All he is good at is tempo control and good vision, what else? The guy is ovverated and it showed with Rijkaards tactics, the guy was good, bbut Guardiolas tatctics make his whole squad look WC. I have never seen such a one trick pony so celebrated. How people can compare this guy to zidane and scholesd is beyond me, or even Laudrup ffs.
Guys who rate him higher than Zidane, Scholes or Laudrup are obv. barca fans... They always overrate their players and treat them like god ffs.

LOL

Pot calling the kettle black.

Giggity5313 wrote:
Someone who side passes all day is suddenly a genius. xavi is overrated its iniesta who deserves a mention

lmao, don't even know how to respond to something like this

Giggity5313 wrote:xavi is humble and respectfull
dead joke is dead.

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Ah we’ve talked it to death in the Barca forums.

Sanchez has a higher ceiling than Aguero, fits the system alot more, commands alot less wages plus the initial deal is 28 mill the rest is based on how Sanchez and the club performs.
Aguero is more talented than Sanchez, at a good club in the right system Aguero can be a top 5 player

Adit wrote:lol at a barca fan coming here with a multi account and with a "unbiased" user name
lol at madrid fans that can get away with insulting Barcelona every other post because there isn't enough Barcelona fans to start a shitstorm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next