I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

+27
sportsczy
Zealous
nasir6371
baresi
The Franchise
Onyx
TalkingReckless
DeviAngel
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
Be/\/ceCALI
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
the xcx
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
CBarca
LeBéninois
Rev
OLpower
Lex
la bestia negra
VanDeezNuts
nichabr
The Legend
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win! Empty I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm

rofl

Mancini :bow:

It is unusual to hear a manager who is willing to question his players so publicly and it is different, I point out, to someone such as Arsène Wenger, who will always try to protect his own in difficult times. "But I'm not Arsène Wenger. We're different. I want to win. I think every player should be strong enough to take his responsibility and, like this, you can improve. You don't improve if you have a manager saying 'aah, don't worry, you made a mistake but it doesn't matter.'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/22/roberto-mancini-interview-angry-every-day
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win! Empty Re: I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

Post by The Legend Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Mancio trolling Wenger rofl
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win! Empty Re: I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

Post by nichabr Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Lol poor wenger...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 pm

i dont like that he called out wenger, but he does have a bit of a point. wenger does really go out of his way to defend his players to the point where his players are not held responsible for poor play.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 pm

after spending god knows how many billions yay
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 pm

What's he going to win this season? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

What punishment did Tevez suffer for going on a 3 month golf tour by the way?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Give Wenger Mancini's squad, and you will se the difference.

To be honest, I am not that impressed with what Mancini has done with City now. They are still an European midget.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Looking at City's recent performances, Mancini would get relegated with this Arsenal team.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:rofl

Mancini :bow:

It is unusual to hear a manager who is willing to question his players so publicly and it is different, I point out, to someone such as Arsène Wenger, who will always try to protect his own in difficult times. "But I'm not Arsène Wenger. We're different. I want to win. I think every player should be strong enough to take his responsibility and, like this, you can improve. You don't improve if you have a manager saying 'aah, don't worry, you made a mistake but it doesn't matter.'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/22/roberto-mancini-interview-angry-every-day

What a moron ? He is not really in the position to talk like that about Wenger .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Mancini is half the manager Wenger is. This is so bad Laughing

Does Mancini even lift?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Never been a huge Mancini fan, but to say things like "Who is Mancini to talk about Wenger?" is sort of ridiculous

Since the last time Wenger won a trophy Mancini has won 4 league titles and 3 cups (in 2 different leagues)

Use whatever excuses you want, blame it on X/Y/Z, but as Rafa says: "I am talking about fachts" :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Mancini of all people bad mouthing a club, his record in Europe is much worse than Arsenes and look at his Inter squad and Man City budget Laughing

Give nearly anybody on this forum a solid coaching staff and a limitless budget and they could do most of what Mancini does. Might even win a game against Ajax too rofl

Ajax by the way just got put out of the EL by steaua Bucharest.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Spend 600m+ to win 2 trophies. Thankgod he isn't Wenger
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Anyone remembers when Mancinis City lost to an polish club which was struggling domesticly, they were like 16th or 17th in their own home? Laughing

Last edited by The xcx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Swanhends wrote:Since the last time Wenger won a trophy Mancini has won 4 league titles and 3 cups (in 2 different leagues)
Ah yes, with Inter Milan (the minnows of Serie A) and super rich Manchester City

When's he due for his lifetime achievement award?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:36 pm

He's also won a bunch of Coppa Italias with Fiorentina and Lazio.Just thought i'd put that out.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Wenger's won a couple of league and FA cup titles, too
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Lex wrote:
Swanhends wrote:Since the last time Wenger won a trophy Mancini has won 4 league titles and 3 cups (in 2 different leagues)
Ah yes, with Inter Milan (the minnows of Serie A) and super rich Manchester City

When's he due for his lifetime achievement award?

Apologies, I forgot that a large transfer budget guarantees success.

In that case I'd like to congratulate Mark Hughes, Kombouare, and Pellegrini on all the trophies they won with City, PSG, and Madrid respectively. Congrats to all of you.

Rolling Eyes
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Lex wrote:Wenger's won a couple of league and FA cup titles, too

And that is with a superior squad obviously.What are we comparing here really ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Swanhends wrote:Apologies, I forgot that a large transfer budget guarantees success
It certainly doesn't make things harder. Mancini talks with the conviction of a man who's built a mansion using only a toothpick and Hubba Bubba
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Also i may add he won those 2 respective Coppa Italias with Fiorentina and Lazio when both clubs literally went bankrupt and when Serie A was a strong ass league.

Look i dont like him.His teams in CL have fared badly evidently.But he's been a winner literally all his career both playing and managerial ones.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Surag wrote:Also i may add he won those 2 respective Coppa Italias with Fiorentina and Lazio when both clubs literally went bankrupt and when Serie A was a strong ass league.

Look i dont like him.His teams in CL have fared badly evidently.But he's been a winner literally all his career both playing and managerial ones.

Agreed, no one's arguing that he's not a douche...Look at how often he wears scarves ffs - no man not-named Johnny Depp should wear scarves that often

But to argue that he has no right to say anything to "The Almighty Wenger" just doesn't make sense given their respective track records..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Scarves are awesome don't hate....

OT: Meh they will both be filing for unemployment benefits come the summer.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

it's not about track records or trophies. it's a grave insult, nothing more nothing less and shows complete lack of respect. he didn't make Wenger look bad, only himself..

Mancini name dropping Wenger as a desperate attempt to justify his own failures and shortcomings as a manager is pathetic. I know he's under pressure and about to lose his job so it's hard to keep cool, but a very classless thing to do

really low from him and tbh I didn't expect something like this. You don't kick a man while he's down, and he knows Wenger is going through some bullsh1t right now. Says a lot about his character.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next