Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
Donuts
Onyx
97 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 32 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:23 am

Clubs have never lied to players or used them before...

every single club screws over at least one player on an annual basis Laughing

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 32 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 am

S wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:That's the transfer record for the Prem, no?

Anyway, amazing signing for United. Will probably be worth every penny, unfortunately for the rest of us

rofl

lmao
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 am

He would have thrived at Arsenal, Liverpool or City tbh.

Went to a wrong club
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:29 am

If you were bought from Real after winning the CL as a starter, for a British transfer record fee no less, went to 7th place no Europe Manchester United, and then would find yourself benched for Ashley Young with your manager telling the public you have to 'change your way of playing football' if you want to succees under him --,
you might probably too find yourself sitting in your Manchester mansion at night, endless cold rain at the window, agreeing with RG's last thought.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:46 am

RealGunner wrote:He would have thrived at Arsenal, Liverpool or City tbh.

Went to a wrong club

Laughing Arguments? (don't bother)
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:53 am

Angel di Maria's £44million move to PSG is delayed as Manchester United star was too TIRED to complete medical following flight

Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 am

I refuse to believe this tbh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:11 am

more sad to see Rafael leave then this pleb

see ya, have fun being forgotten (:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 am

He was tired because Argentina to Qatar was a 17h flight... and then he had a bunch of marketing/pr functions to attend. By the time he got to settle down, it was a 24 hour ordeal... a physical requires some effort and takes a couple of hours. He asked a day to recoup before taking it. Having travelled from Los Angeles to Doha, which is similar, i was dead by the time i got there and i travelled business class. So i can commiserate. Either way, he wasn't going to be activated for the Lille game this weekend and the next one is a week later. So it meant very little practically to delay 1 day.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:He was tired because Argentina to Qatar was a 17h flight... and then he had a bunch of marketing/pr functions to attend. By the time he got to settle down, it was a 24 hour ordeal... a physical requires some effort and takes a couple of hours. He asked a day to recoup before taking it. Having travelled from Los Angeles to Doha, which is similar, i was dead by the time i got there and i travelled business class. So i can commiserate. Either way, he wasn't going to be activated for the Lille game this weekend and the next one is a week later. So it meant very little practically to delay 1 day.
bless his cotton socks eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you were bought from Real after winning the CL as a starter, for a British transfer record fee no less, went to 7th place no Europe Manchester United, and then would find yourself benched for Ashley Young with your manager telling the public you have to 'change your way of playing football' if you want to succees under him --,
you might probably too find yourself sitting in your Manchester mansion at night, endless cold rain at the window, agreeing with RG's last thought.

Louis really told him to the change the way he plays football?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Doc wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:If you were bought from Real after winning the CL as a starter, for a British transfer record fee no less, went to 7th place no Europe Manchester United, and then would find yourself benched for Ashley Young with your manager telling the public you have to 'change your way of playing football' if you want to succees under him --,

Louis really told him to the change the way he plays football?

He didn't just tell him, he told the press

Manchester United’s British-record buy has bombed after his £59.7million move from Real Madrid, with Van Gaal claiming the Argentinian attacker hasn’t adapted to the way he wants him to play.

And now Van Gaal says United will have to “wait and see” whether the penny finally drops for Di Maria, who has scored just four goals in 31 games so far this season.

As Sunday People Sport revealed recently, Di Maria is committed to staying at Old Trafford next season to try to recapture the form he showed at Real Madrid.

But Van Gaal is demanding a massive improvement from the South American star and “a change of behaviour."

Before Sunday's fourth vs third home game against Arsenal, he said: “The players have had to adapt to the philosophy and Di Maria has to do that.

“He can still do that, of course, because every player can, but it’s important that he wants to do that in his head. When you are open to coaching, then you can change. But a change of behaviour is very difficult.

“Always, the old errors are coming back, so a change of behaviour is not so easy. So we have to wait and see.

“It’s not that Di Maria doesn’t have the quality. He has to perform in a way that we want. Not in the way I want, but in the way we want as a club.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-louis-van-gaal-5707825
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Players have to adapt to the philosophy, lol. SAF philosophy which probably was "His way or gtfo" would have probably made Di Maria work like a charm. Pep and his rigid way of thinking would have made Di Maria work, hell, he worked under Mr. Pragmatic himself Mourinho.

What exactly is Van Gaal's philosophy?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:30 pm

You have to sit straight at the breakfast table.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Mourinho's a simple manager to work under just as long as you track back.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Gil wrote:Mourinho's a simple manager to work under just as long as you track back.

And have drivers license for buses
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:34 pm

eco smile NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 32 11800410stepping stone did they say. steps go down not just up.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Angel di Maria: "I am very happy to be here at PSG, it has been several years that this team has tried to sign me."

Angel di Maria: "I am very proud to com here and be able to play with as many incredible players like Ibra, Pocho etc."

Angel di Maria: "PSG's ambition of the Champions League is also mine. I know they have a great project."

Angel di Maria: "I want to participate in this project and reach their objective of winning the Champions League."

Angel di Maria: "Thank you to my team, thank you to the President and thank you to the coach."

Angel di Maria: "Every time I join a new club, I give my all. I will do that here. l'll bring my maximum. Thank you PSG for signing me."

Angel di Maria: "There were clubs that I could have gone to, but my desire and enthusiasm to join this project was great."

Angel di Maria: "I have had medical tests, I know my injury has progressed. But since the end of the Copa America, I haven't trained."

Angel di Maria: "The position I will play is the position that the manager asks me to. The aim this year is to go past the UCL quarters."

Angel di Maria:  I think at Real Madrid I did what I had to to, I won all the titles... it was the project that seduced me here."

Angel di Maria: "The President tried to sign me several times and I want to thank him again for his desire."

Angel di Maria: "If I am here it was because they (Manchester United) wanted to sell me, first of all."

Angel di Maria: "Outside of PSG, I don't really know Ligue 1."

All via GetFranceFootball

----------

Nearly every comment seems to be a dig at United lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Absolute fraud, PSG getting mugged again lmao
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:50 pm

It'll be interesting to see if he can find some consistency to his play at PSG. I don't think he's ever really had a long stretch of time at his best. Always seems to run hot and cold. PSG will definitely benefit from him being on form though if they want to make a deep CL run.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Going to be interesting to see how he does after he took a 12 month break from football.

He did alright in the CL final, OK at the World Cup, but he's going to be extremely rusty having played no competitive football for such an extended period.

Let's see how this pans out.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:55 pm

He was the best player for Real Madrid from Jan thru the end of the year when they won CL and CDR... by far Laughing He was much better than "just OK" lol. When he was moved to the B2B midfield role, he thrived.

Early rumors are the Blanc will switch to a 442 and put him on the left side B2B role.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 pm

And he was OUTSTANDING his first two years at Madrid.  His last season under Mourinho and the first half of the season under Carlo were the only times where he wasn't very good.  He's the type of player that is at his best when he gets a lot of pitch to cover... putting him on the wing, especially on the right side, is a bad idea.  Just let him go at people with speed and he will burn through lines.

Remember when Van Gaal wanted Ribery to play as a false 9 and how awful that was??? Laughing  Thing is, Ribery already had massive equity at Bayern and Van Gaal was the one to get forced out.  At Man U, Di Maria didn't have that equity even though he was used poorly... why in the world would you want Di Maria to play possession style, short-passing football where he received the ball in tight spaces at a stand still?  It was just dumb.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:00 pm

More than just OK Tbh. Man of the match against Atletico and our best player for the 2nd half of the season.

This is a good move for Angel. He has more chances at glory in PSG than at United imo
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:And he was OUTSTANDING his first two years at Madrid.  His last season under Mourinho and the first half of the season under Carlo were the only times where he wasn't very good.  He's the type of player that is at his best when he gets a lot of pitch to cover... putting him on the wing, especially on the right side, is a bad idea.  Just let him go at people with speed and he will burn through lines.

Remember when Van Gaal wanted Ribery to play as a false 9 and how awful that was??? Laughing  Thing is, Ribery already had massive equity at Bayern and Van Gaal was the one to get forced out.  At Man U, Di Maria didn't have that equity even though he was used poorly... why in the world would you want Di Maria to play possession style, short-passing football when he received the ball in tight spaces without much room?  It was just dumb.

I wouldn't say he was outstanding tbh. He never hovered to the unplayable levels till he was deployed in his best position. Once there, the only word I can use for him was Monster. He was Madrid's best player in the Classico, in the CDR final and CL final. When he played on the wings he tended to run into culdesacs. Madrid had the perfect balance twice under Carlo and never won the league :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Can we agree that he was good until December for United? Not 70m worth, but good.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next