windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:33 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Manchester City now have eight midfielders for the first team. At least one or two should be leaving.

Fernando
Raheem Sterling
Samir Nasri
Jesus Navas
Fabian Delph
David Silva
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure

I think Navas, Fernando and Nasri could all leave.

The only player I rate of this bunch is Silva

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:34 pm

I dont think any are leaving honestly.

If they play 4231 for example

---------Fernandinho---Fernando

----Silva----------Yaya----------Sterling

Delph and Yaya able to play deeper positions.

Navas and Nasri able to play in the forward ones.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:12 pm

linetty wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:Manchester City now have eight midfielders for the first team. At least one or two should be leaving.

Fernando
Raheem Sterling
Samir Nasri
Jesus Navas
Fabian Delph
David Silva
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure

I think Navas, Fernando and Nasri could all leave.

The only player I rate of this bunch is Silva

I also rate David Silva the most but Yaya Toure has been crucial in whatever success they have achieved. His level may go down now while Silva should still remain top notch.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont think any are leaving honestly.

dani, both you and mole think no one will leave. I somehow think at least one will. Let's wait and watch.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:19 pm

i thought yaya was going to leave?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:27 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont think any are leaving honestly.

dani, both you and mole think no one will leave. I somehow think at least one will. Let's wait and watch.

It's not that i don't it's that i think if they pack the midfield they might need as many as possible.

Quite frankly if they just use Aguero they might need more.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Yeah, my opinion is the same as Mole. It depends on how they want to play.

For example, if they want to play Bony/Jovetic/someone else with Aguero often then it means someone like Navas will rarely play. In that situation I can see him going back home to Sevilla, or another English club.

But only him if anyone.

Nasri wil stay and fight for a place I am sure, because his next move would almost certainly be a step down.

Fernandinho and Fernando are fairly new and I think will be comfortable playing bit part roles.

Maybe a year from now Delph will realise he is just bench fodder and leave, but I doubt it.

Silva and Yaya are going nowhere, unless they sign another big name like Gotze, Pogba or some other young player ready to make a finical move rather than football one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:59 pm

dani and mole, thanks for the replies.

There is no way ManCity will sell David Silva unless he rebels for a release. As it stands they will almost surely not sell Yaya Tour either.

I too thought Jesus Navas is most likely to leave.

As for Samir Nasri, its hard to say. Yes a move will be a drop for him but he is not likely to be a first team player. By now perhaps it's becoming apparent that he will not be a starter at one of the "big" clubs. So like you say maybe he will slug it out for one more year but he will perhaps not be staying beyond next summer.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:19 pm

I imagine the fat waiter is going to be play a 4-2-3-1 as per his usual preferred line up. What do you guys think of Madrid's starting 11 (plus bench power) vs ours if the rumors of them landing Reus are true? I have Ronaldo as the striker due to the rumors of what they plan on doing next season with him; plus that could move Bale to his better position on the left

R.Madrid

----------Navas
Danilo-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
-----Kroos--Modric
-Reus----James----Bale
--------Cristiano

Kiko, Casemiro/Asier, Isco, Benzema, Jese/Cheryshev, Carvajal/Coentrao, Lucas Silva on the bench  

Atletico has done a ton of changes so I'm not really sure what kind of way they will line up so hard to gauge how they will look at the start of the season. I think Atletico loading up on prospects is a risky gamble btw, as it might take them a while for these players to reach full potential

----------Moya
Juanfran-Savic-Godin-F.Luis
-------Gabi--Koke
Griezman--------F.Carrasco
-----Martinez--Vietto

Oblak, F.Torres, O.Torres, R.Garcia, Saul, Tiago, Angel Correa/J.Gimenez

Sevilla and Valencia have also done some nice moves, with Villarreal decreasing allot this summer, but we can discuss them all later
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 pm

We will only get Reus if Benzema leaves. It's thought he is the latters replacement. In terms of our formation, it remains to be seen if Benitez' little experiment putting Bale in the number 10 position will pay dividens, he was very involved against Roma but we lacked creativity and it meant having Ronaldo in that left wing role abandoning his defensive duties and hanging Marcelo out to dry. Benitez has said he wants to switch between a 4231 and a 442 and wants to build our team 'around Bale', it can turn in two ways either Ronaldo will love his left wing position and switch between Benz and Bale or Ronaldo will be unhappy and we will have a Mourinho's last season on our hands with Benitez and Ronaldo in disagreement. From our first game against Roma this is what I have taken away from it regarding our line up and where Benitez sees everyone:

Navas
Carvajal/Danilo-Pepe/Varane-Ramos/Nacho-Marcelo/Coentrao
Modric/Casemiro-Kroos/Illarra
James/Lucas-Bale/Isco-Ronaldo/Denis
Benz/Jese/Llorente

Arbeloa being a joker capable of slotting in anywhere in the defence. Its obviously still very early and if the Bale experiment fails I am sure he will change the positions of our attackers with Bale moving to the left and Ronaldo up top like we have practiced in our training sessions. What's evident is that Benitez is willing to change things when they dont work which was Carlo's achilles heel and Benitez has also said he trusts Illarra and will play him in his strongest position. I remember Carlo making all these promises but failed to deliver when the league got under way partly because we couldn't afford to lose any points and partly because he only trusts the old guards. Benitez also rotates alot which we will need especially since there will be alot of competition for places and because the fans will want to see Isco play who will now become a bench player because Ronaldo and Bale occupy his position. Fridays game will tell you/I more about where we are heading

Regarding City, Pelle has changed their formation to a 433 with Silva given a free role. I think their front 3 is going to be

Yaya-Fernando-Nasri
Silva-Kun-Sterling

Not too shabby imo, plenty of strength but speed is lacking in that midfield. Its interesting what Pelle has in mind
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:03 pm

He did that in pre season last year too Hala, then scrapped it when the season started. I'll believe it when i see it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm

City finished the season playing a 433 iirc. I am convinced its what Pelle has in mind which could explain why they went after Delph
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:01 pm

A 4-3-43 could work well for them

Btw thanks for the input/information Hala
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:04 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:City finished the season playing a 433 iirc. I am convinced its what Pelle has in mind which could explain why they went after Delph

Think you are reading too much into it tbh, they just wanted an english player to replace Milner for the homegrown quota.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Yea I doubt Delph will even see much playing time in that midfield; which isn't the strongest of mid-fields but still
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:23 pm

I meant him in particular. He fits in that midfield 3. If they wanted an English player I am sure they'd just have got a forward or winger. This seems like a calculated buy for me
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm

More than anything I'm surprised they kept Yaya. I would of sold the crap out of him and got him and his wages off my books and looked for a replacement.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

He has plenty of experience though and City don't have to worry about the money. City need him for this season at the very least imo. They have quite a few talented kids such as Garcia and Zucilini who could take over from him in a season or two but for the time being they need him more than amything
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Yea but he doesn't care. That guy gives like two shits about winning, can't have a winning team if your team isn't motivated about winning. Doesn't matter how much talent he has if he doesn't care about pushing himself to use it at it's full potential. Would be great I suppose off the bench but they could just replace him all together and go younger
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:53 pm

windkick wrote:Yea but he doesn't care. That guy gives like two shits about winning, can't have a winning team if your team isn't motivated about winning. Doesn't matter how much talent he has if he doesn't care about pushing himself to use it at it's full potential. Would be great I suppose off the bench but they could just replace him all together and go younger

Agree completely. He looks lifeless on the pitch and the wages are insane. I'd not want him on my team at this point.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:30 pm

A small point about Atletico, they will surely start Gimenez, the young CB from Uruguay. He is a monster, one of the very young defenders on the planet. He is in that group lead by Varane, with the likes of Marquinhos, Zouma and others.

If Madrid dont start Benzema, I will be very happy. Thats all I know.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:A small point about Atletico, they will surely start Gimenez, the young CB from Uruguay. He is a monster, one of the very young defenders on the planet. He is in that group lead by Varane, with the likes of Marquinhos, Zouma and others.

Maybe that's why Atletico could afford to sell Miranda.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:12 pm

windkick, as for Madrid's lineup that you suggested, I think they will suffer if the play without a proper center forward. Look at how much difficulty we had until Luis Suarez came into his own.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Gimenez is a great player for his age. They won't feel any difference I'd guess.

Oblak
Juanfran Gimenez Godin Siqueira
Gabi Tiago
Koke Griezmann Niguez/Jimenez
Jackson Martinez

Thoughts?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:28 pm

They have resigned Felipe Luis and made some other signings whose names escape me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Damn that's true. Filipie Luis, Savic and Mensah. Luis will probably beat Siqueira for the spot then.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next