windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Damn that's true. Filipie Luis, Savic and Mensah. Luis will probably beat Siqueira for the spot then.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:52 am

Yup, Filipe is back, as well as Savic and lets not forget Vietto also.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:44 pm

true lmao i think i have some issues with my memory... vietto is sure good enough to start over niguez/jimenez

they've collected a really good team. will be fighting with us for the title while rm will settle on the third spot imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:11 pm

linetty wrote:Gimenez is a great player for his age. They won't feel any difference I'd guess.

Oblak
Juanfran Gimenez Godin Siqueira
Gabi Tiago
Koke Griezmann Niguez/Jimenez
Jackson Martinez

Thoughts?

I wonder if Vietto will start, he was very effective last season, but I imagine he will be competing with Greaseman
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Also signed that winger Ferriera from Monaco
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Mourinho got schooled and acting as if he wasnt in the post match interview.
Early days but City looking quite good.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Typical Mourinho 3rd season syndrom.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Thats what you get for disrespecting Eva

Man City looking very fine. I hope they can still sign De Bruyne and walk the leauge
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:32 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Mourinho got schooled and acting as if he wasnt in the post match interview.
Early days but City looking quite good.

I enjoyed it every bit as much as anyone. In fact I even think there could be a repeat of the 2007-08 scenario where results would be poor, Mourinho would fight with a lot of people and then be gone.

I would like to see ManCity step up in Europe for once. David Silva schooled Cesc Fabregas last night. He must now try to shine big time in UCL and/or major international tournaments.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Jamie Carragher - "Cesc Fabregas lacks tactical intelligence, especially defensively. That's one of the reasons Barcelona let Chelsea take him."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/08/18/14534312/fabregas-lacks-tactical-intelligence-says-carragher?ICID=OP

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:28 am

City will lose points when they have to play CL's. This is the trend they have been following , lets see. If Chelsea/ United / Arsenal keep pressing then they might choke at CL as well as PL. But at the moment they look strong with good bench.

zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:28 pm

How much game time do you see Pedro getting at Chelsea?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Was Inter Milan smart in replacing Mateo Kovacic with Geoffrey Kongdongbia? Even though it wasn't a direct replacement, effectively that's what it turned out to be.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:43 pm

messixaviesta wrote:How much game time do you see Pedro getting at Chelsea?

Seems he is better than William and will be start from right wing. Better cross defence skill from William , so yeah should be in starting XI.

Lets see.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:09 am

zenmaster wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:How much game time do you see Pedro getting at Chelsea?

Seems he is better than William and will be start from right wing. Better cross defence skill from William , so yeah should be in starting XI.

Lets see.

I was going to ask a similar question, How do Barca fans think he will fare with us?

Also, I agree, I think we could even see him start this weekend. On current form, I think Willian will be dropped for him but, long term, I don't know who will have the RW.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:55 am

I don't know. If recent form is anything to go by I'd say this case could turn out similar to Torres' when we was moving for big money from Liverpool.

I remember last season I did actually pray that Pedro doesn't play. He was just so awful most of the time. It seemed like he lost a lot of things prime Pedro had. His touch is heavy now and he can't string simple passes.

I'm not really sure if he will be a success at Chelsea. He'll run and work a lot but his decline has been drastic.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:00 am

Pedro? 10-15 goals, half of them in the cup comps. 2 or 3 good finishes, the rest "easy" goals mixed in with hard work, not dribbling anyone and clumsy foot work.

Id still start Willian.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:01 am

messixaviesta wrote:Jamie Carragher - "Cesc Fabregas lacks tactical intelligence, especially defensively. That's one of the reasons Barcelona let Chelsea take him."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/08/18/14534312/fabregas-lacks-tactical-intelligence-says-carragher?ICID=OP

To some people this is a shock, to many of us it was known about 5 years ago.

In attack he wonders around looking to get into "stat positions" and defensively...well...
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:03 am

Willian's problem is that he doesn't contribute to the attacking third. 10-15 goals would be a massive increase. Willian has 8 goals in 93 games for us. So Pedro getting 10 goals a season would be welcomed.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:29 am

Sure but when you look closely, you will wonder how important those goals were.

I dont know what numbers he will give Chelsea, but for Barca his 10 to 15 goals come generally in 2 ways.

-doubles and hattricks in Cup competitions vs teams not even in the same league.

-4th goal in 5 nil beat downs

True, he comes off the bench at the end of games so when else will he score? But we already have seasons worth of evidence he isnt good enough from the start.

In the end, you guys paid quite alot for him so I think you will play him alot. He should do better than last season but personally I am someone who completely doesnt rate him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 am

We paid more for Cuadrado and didn't play him much, so I don't think Transfer fee really affects how much we play them, unless it's 50m for Torres Laughing

If Pedro gets 5 important goals this season, regardless of how many he gets against scrubs, I will be happy.

But I get the feeling he is only rated by people who don't watch Barca often Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Thats true, I concede to you there . But also Pedro is a champion, he is a name, everyone knows about him...Cuadrado is a "lets see" player. But your right, his price alone wont assure him anything.

Your also right, I have heard alot of people talk highly of Pedro who clearly dont watch him. They talk about him as if he is the Pedro of Guardiola's years and he hasnt changed at all.

That 24 year old would be a great signing for Chelsea, and that price would represent good value.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thats true, I concede to you there . But also Pedro is a champion, he is a name, everyone knows about him...Cuadrado is a "lets see" player. But your right, his price alone wont assure him anything.

Your also right, I have heard alot of people talk highly of Pedro who clearly dont watch him. They talk about him as if he is the Pedro of Guardiola's years and he hasnt changed at all.

That 24 year old would be a great signing for Chelsea, and that price would represent good value.

This is honestly the main positive I see, he should motivate the players because of who he is, regardless of how good he is.

I can only hope he rediscovers his Guardiola form.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm not a believer of players losing "form" just like that so dramatically unless the cause are major circumstances like injuries. Which Pedro never had any. He was just the perfect system player. Everything went through the middle with Guardiola up until 2011 no matter what. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta sucked entire teams inside and then released runners from the wings. All Pedro had to do was make diagonal runs and work hard in defense. That system doesn't work anymore for a variaty of reasons (opponents adapting to Barca, Barca not having the midfield anymore to dominate in such extreme fashion, different coach with different tactics etc.). The wide forwards have to do more on their own now and Pedro doesn't have much else to offer individually apart from making runs. Which could work sufficiently well at Chelsea. If you park the bus and Fabregas releases a long ball Pedro can be an outlet. Maybe the space in the EPL will also benefit him. But he could also "flop" by just being another Willian who doesn't offer anything special. Time will tell.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:44 pm

futbol wrote:I'm not a believer of players losing "form" just like that so dramatically unless the cause are major circumstances like injuries. Which Pedro never had any. He was just the perfect system player. Everything went through the middle with Guardiola up until 2011 no matter what. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta sucked entire teams inside and then released runners from the wings. All Pedro had to do was make diagonal runs and work hard in defense. That system doesn't work anymore for a variaty of reasons (opponents adapting to Barca, Barca not having the midfield anymore to dominate in such extreme fashion, different coach with different tactics etc.). The wide forwards have to do more on their own now and Pedro doesn't have much else to offer individually apart from making runs. Which could work sufficiently well at Chelsea. If you park the bus and Fabregas releases a long ball Pedro can be an outlet. Maybe the space in the EPL will also benefit him. But he could also "flop" by just being another Willian who doesn't offer anything special. Time will tell.

This is exactly what Schurrle did. I wouldn't call Schurrle a flop, I quite liked him. If Pedro can bring that back, I'll be happy.

He'll also have a decent amount of room due to Hazard sucking players toward him constantly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:23 pm

The problem is with us we didn't really need Pedro against mid table or regulation teams as we could take care of them easily it was against the top sides we needed him, which he failed to deliver on many occasions.

Other then this season so far, Chelsea were able to fend off the big teams, they suffered against mid table/regulation teams, so he could be that needed player for them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next