Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 7 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Did that guy mean Bryan Ruiz? SS lmao

All I can think of

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 7 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 pm

I 'd like 4-2 fantasia Leonardo-esque but Rui Costa is old as Minala
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Is Rui Costa seen as a SS ?

Semantics really. And he probably scored less than a goal every 2 anyway, probably closer to 3.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Is Rui Costa seen as a SS ?

Semantics really. And he probably scored less than a goal every 2 anyway, probably closer to 3.

Never saw him in his prime, was he ever that good? Alot of people say he was the best #10 in Serie A during his time at Fiorentina despite Zizou playing in the same league at the time.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Didnt you just rate him ass poor mans Oscar a couple posts ago?

Yeah the man was great. Dunno about better than Zidane and all that but he was good. Different players, Rui Costa probably scored a goal every 3 games, Zidane more like every 5.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Rui Costa was boss.
I remember an interview with him saying his biggest regret was not getting his high school diploma.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:25 pm

He had to do as Buffon  , Buffon bought the high school diploma  Laughing

Rui Costa was an excellent trequartista. He gave his best in Fiorentina imo.
Fiiorentina would have won Scudetto in 1999 if Batistuta didn't got injured with Rui Costa in his prime . It was 1st and best team in that year with Trapattoni as manager. But then Batistuta got injured and Edmundo escaped to Carnevale in Rio..

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Rui Costa Laughing

was my favorite player on like Fifa 04
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 pm

Your new avatar is bringing back some childhood memories Firenze. Girl Next Door :bow:

Elisha Cuthbert used to be unreal.

Must have watched that film about 20 times at least.

Anyway, back to Rui Costa. So thanks for confirming he was indeed a poor mans Oscar.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 am

Gil wrote:Your new avatar is bringing back some childhood memories Firenze. Girl Next Door :bow:

Anyway, back to Rui Costa. So thanks for confirming he was indeed a poor mans Oscar.

That means that James is one of the best AMs ever since he shits all over Oscar  hmm 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:09 am

Madness.

Gil wrote:Your new avatar is bringing back some childhood memories Firenze. Girl Next Door :bow:

That movie came out only 10 years ago. You're a lot younger than you pretend to be if that's a childhood memory.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 am

Watched it on a sly when I was quite young. Expecting some serious 'action'

Was not completely disappointed but few scenes could have gone into 18+ zone.

decent flick though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:19 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's nowhere near as much as a reliability or a red card waiting to happen as people say.

He was at City but not Milan, his displinary record was no worse than a lot of the league but sadly his reputation proceeds him.

Doesn't deserve the image he has based on his time at Milan in isolation.

What he does deserve though is his laziness off the ball I'm terms of showing for a pass and making runs for his team mates.

That's his biggest and really main issue, the rest is just digging to poke the stick with.

Exactly, in fact if you look at his disciplinary record from Jan to May (Under Seedorf) and compare it to when he was under Allegri. You'd be shocked to see how Seedorf impacted him, (something like 1 yellow card or 2?)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 am

No one remember his yellow against Uruguay in the 1st half and how he about to explode any minute walking on the pitch after that. Force Cesear to sub him out half time which messed up Italian whole game plan ?
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:36 am

The Franchise wrote:
Many players dont improve in 2 years, many great players. I dont understand what you mean by a pass? Who gives him a pass and what has he exactly done in which he shouldnt be getting a pass for?

Why should he score 20 goals? Where does this figure come from.

The best second strikers of all times scored 1 goal every 2 games, the likes of Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Totti, ADP and co. Balo is nowhere near their level but for Milan what is his goal scoring record? 26 in 43 or something to that effect.

"Look like he gives a damn"

What does that mean exactly? Does Ibra look like he gives a damn?

Who cares about that crap.

balo has been shit to average a wonder goal or a tournament doesn't change that, as i said not because he is talented doesn't excuse the fact, he hasn't done anything to warrant the hype, milan are trying to get rid of him, so why is everyone acting like its a bargain of the century? cause he is going to the epl?

by giving a damn i mean being professional if he can't do that, then he needs to produce results, and if we all gonna call balo some super goat talent world class player on his day ss/cf, then he can at least score 20 freaking goal in all competition, for me is decent until proven otherwise but he can obviously be world class if he tried

Last edited by chad4401 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:41 am

Twoism wrote:No one remember his yellow against Uruguay in the 1st half and how he about to explode any minute walking on the pitch after that. Force Cesear to sub him out half time which messed up Italian whole game plan ?

Basically there is a reason because he is more appreciated in England than Italy.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's nowhere near as much as a reliability or a red card waiting to happen as people say.

He was at City but not Milan, his displinary record was no worse than a lot of the league but sadly his reputation proceeds him.

Doesn't deserve the image he has based on his time at Milan in isolation.

What he does deserve though is his laziness off the ball I'm terms of showing for a pass and making runs for his team mates.

That's his biggest and really main issue, the rest is just digging to poke the stick with.

Exactly, in fact if you look at his disciplinary record from Jan to May (Under Seedorf) and compare it to when he was under Allegri. You'd be shocked to see how Seedorf impacted him, (something like 1 yellow card or 2?)

if the referees gave  a yellow card for every his dive, these yellows would have been much more tbf.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:45 am

RealGunner wrote:Watched it on a sly when I was quite young. Expecting some serious 'action'

Was not completely disappointed but few scenes could have gone into 18+ zone.

decent flick though
Is that one of those early 2000's teen comedies where some scrawny Nathan Drake look alike chases after some dream girl trying to get laid for most of the movie, then proceeded to do something jerk-ish and the girl gets mad, but then apologizes and is like "Oh, no I like, love you and stuff", and then gets laid anyway at the end? Like 300 of those same exact movies came out from 1999-2005, and they all just blend together. Can't even remember if I've seen it or if I'm confusing it with 100 different films

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:01 am

chad4401 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Many players dont improve in 2 years, many great players. I dont understand what you mean by a pass? Who gives him a pass and what has he exactly done in which he shouldnt be getting a pass for?

Why should he score 20 goals? Where does this figure come from.

The best second strikers of all times scored 1 goal every 2 games, the likes of Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Totti, ADP and co. Balo is nowhere near their level but for Milan what is his goal scoring record? 26 in 43 or something to that effect.

"Look like he gives a damn"

What does that mean exactly? Does Ibra look like he gives a damn?

Who cares about that crap.

balo has been shit to average a wonder goal or a tournament doesn't change that, as i said not because he is talented doesn't excuse the fact, he hasn't done anything to warrant the hype, milan are trying to get rid of him, so why is everyone acting like its a bargain of the century? cause he is going to the epl?

by giving a damn i mean being professional if he can't do that, then he needs to produce results, and if we all gonna call balo some super goat talent world class player on his day ss/cf, then he can at least score 20 freaking goal in all competition, for me is decent until proven otherwise but he can obviously be world class if he tried

He's 24 and has all the attributes to become world class. That's the point. I don't think many would call him world class today and now. This idea that he's an overhyped youtube wonder-goal scrub has been taken, as usual, way too far.

I'm the only gooner that is going to feel like we missed the boat with this. 16m is a real bargain, a very healthy investment. Worst case scenario everything blows up in the dressing room and you move him on for ~15m - but I don't think that's going to happen. Best case his value skyrockets to 40m+ within 2 years.

I think he's going to come good under the right management.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:15 am

*bleep* this world
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:03 am

Most Milan fans didn't want Balotelli away . Because Milan loses his best player on paper and they fear a downgrade in that role.
Most Inter fans didn't want Balotelli away . Because Milan can improve with that money and Balotelli was rated as a problem for Milan

El Cujo wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Set phrases.
Who saw Milan matches, not just HL  , knows he diidn't improve . but even regressed.

Then okay, he can grow under Rodgers, he is an  excellet manager to develop offensive players,  but surely a LFC fan must hope that Balotelli will not be same player seen to Milan.

You haven't to think Balotelli was crap because the team was mediocre.
The team was mediocre also because Balotelli played as mediocre.

His issue in progressing though has generally been his immaturity. There were two Balotellis at Milan and he showed good and bad things on the pitch. Rodgers is excellent in bringing out consistency in his players and that's what Balotelli needs to find. I think that Rodgers will have to work hard, but Balotelli will find a welcoming atmosphere at Anfield and with the players around him he will excel.

Well if we don't consider last 2 years to Milan , he always played with teams in their prime as Inter and City and he would have been the starter of that Inter 2010 , despite his young age ,  if he  didn't become mad during the year and Mourinho preferred him the " worker" Pandev for this reason.
tbh I am skeptical about this deal because I know well Balotelli since 2008 , since he debuted in Serie A ... And I listen things as " he has potential , he can improve " etc since 6 years , but he never does it and he is even regressed... I was his great former fan , but I was, because I had  to yield to the evidence  of facts.  So when I listen these things about his potential improvement hardly I can make me convince from it , it sounds as a deja-vu. Also because he has just failed in his environment, Milan ,   his dear city unlike of " sad Manchester" , iand his favourite team since he was a child ffs
Today a Sky Italy pundit said  " You open a bottle of champagne (to celebrate) for Balotelli twice : when he comes, and when he goes away" .
It was so everywhere , this downward slide , anyway Balotelli is not an enemy anymore for me now  and I hope he can be useful for NT, so I can only wish you good luck with  him .
I think you will need much of it.

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:06 am

Robespierre wrote:
if the referees gave  a yellow card for every his dive, these yellows would have been much more tbf.

If he's diving and not getting caught for it then that's to his merit. Furbo.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:07 am

Agreed hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:16m for Balotelli will turn out to be a steal if he keeps his head straight and adds some consistency to his game. It's neither madness nor desperation.

Will prove to be a much better buy than all that wankery which goes on over Lallana, Markovic, etc.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 am

Emaharg wrote:Interesting buy decent bench option the one reason I never liked him he just seems to have 0 desire to win looks lazy on the pitch think Lambert is better honestly.
Lambert?!

Rickie *bleep* Lambert?! rofl
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:55 am

So lets see, he was under the wings of the special one, the father figure, the cool uncle, the rigid butler, the youth advocate and either failed to live up expectation or fallen out. What now? the progressive

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:16m for Balotelli will turn out to be a steal if he keeps his head straight and adds some consistency to his game. It's neither madness nor desperation.

Will prove to be a much better buy than all that wankery which goes on over Lallana, Markovic, etc.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next