Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 8 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:55 am

So lets see, he was under the wings of the special one, the father figure, the cool uncle, the rigid butler, the youth advocate and either failed to live up expectation or fallen out. What now? the progressive

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:16m for Balotelli will turn out to be a steal if he keeps his head straight and adds some consistency to his game. It's neither madness nor desperation.

Will prove to be a much better buy than all that wankery which goes on over Lallana, Markovic, etc.

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 8 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:08 am

It will be a steal if he turns out to be spectacular, but even if he turns out to be average it won't cause much damage since he's young and so we could easily recuperate the money invested him in. He surely cannot be any worse than Borini or Lambert...

Lallana is a signing way too overhyped and overrated and will struggle to get gametime eventually. Markovic is still raw. No doubt in my mind that Balotelli will have a better time here than these two.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:43 am

Batistuta got injured and Edmundo escaped to Carnevale in Rio..
You remember  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 am

chad4401 wrote:
balo has been shit to average a wonder goal or a tournament doesn't change that, as i said not because he is talented doesn't excuse the fact, he hasn't done anything to warrant the hype, milan are trying to get rid of him, so why is everyone acting like its a bargain of the century? cause he is going to the epl?

by giving a damn i mean being professional if he can't do that, then he needs to produce results, and if we all gonna call balo some super goat talent world class player on his day ss/cf, then he can at least score 20 freaking goal in all competition, for me is decent until proven otherwise but he can obviously be world class if he tried

Well, your just totally exaggerating and there is no point having a discussion if that is the case. Between shit to average? Sure mate.

Milan try to get rid of everyone good, and yet keep the likes of Bonera..maybe that tells you something?

I cant be bothered if your not going to speak with some level of rationale.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:24 am

As with everywhere he goes... Balo starts on fire and then fizzles.  He scored 12 in the 13 games he played in the half season when he got to Milan.  But as per usual, he wasn't able to put a full season together.  In the next season, he got 18 in 41 with 6 assists.  

The second striker argument doesn't fly either because he doesn't play second striker... he plays at the point of the attack.  All the guys you brought up...  Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Del Piero...  had either great work rate or great creativity or both.  They played as 10s for the most part, not CF.  Balo does not do that and never has.

You can defend him all you want...  but there's nothing to defend.  Good talent, awful professionalism, awful attitude and has never put anywhere near a full season together and he's now 24.  Forgetting about the goals and assists, that's ridiculous.  Balotelli has NEVER put a season together or anything close to it.  I can understand and expect ups and downs for every player... as long as they work hard, try their best and leave it on the pitch.  Just part of being a footballer. Those are not the reasons for Balo's inconsistent play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:31 am

Just because he gets put in the position doesnt mean he should perform like one. He is who he is...just because you put him at the point of attack doesnt mean he will score more goals.

He plays how he plays, which is like a second striker. Not a 9.

And I already said he is nowhere near those guys level. Nobody would claim he was.

Before RVP became a 9 (and was a second striker) he didnt have great work rate or creativity either.

These players dont have to be as good as those names to play the position, what kind of sense is that?

And what is there to do defend? I dont support any of the teams he has played for, I dont have any vested intrest in how his career goes. I leave that to you lot.

Im just telling it as I see it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:38 am

it really is not a lot of money. Can't see much downside to it tbh.
It's not like they'll need to solely rely on him being consistent.

Arsenal fans sure would agree if they weren't so mad right now.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:47 am

So he's been played out of position as a 9 his entire life?  Because he's never played the role of second striker or 10.  You're just assuming that he can do it without being able to point to anything tangible.  

And i doubt he plays that at Liverpool.  He will be played at the point of the attack.  He doesn't have the movement, discipline or tactical awareness to play the second striker/10 role.  Heck, he could barely play the CF role properly since he doesn't make consistently good runs.  I'm not even going to get into his play without the ball which is non-existent.  Both Sterling and Sturridge are much better suited for the second striker role.

In the WC, for example, i just couldn't believe how awful his movements were.  He wasn't creating any passing opportunities for the midfielders behind him.... and this is Pirlo, Marchisio, etc.  

Currently, Balo is a lazy, entitled and unprofessional prima dona.  He's living off the Germany game 2 years ago... that's the extent of his entire CV that's worth mentioning (people forget that he was very poor until that Germany game; if Di Natale wasn't such a NT flop, he wouldn't have played that game).  Maybe Rogers gets him in line.  But would you bet on that?  I wouldn't given his past.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:11 pm

1 red card in his time at Milan, red card waiting to happen doe.

As Pirlo said you are all living in the past judging him on his time at City and it's completely unfair.

If you're going to talk about his inconsistent performances and his laziness in certain parts of his game fair enough. That is a just criticism.

The rest is completely unfair to use his past to beat him with a stick with. There's people in football at the very top level who have far worse discipline records but don't get half the BS.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 pm

his agent reporting "only details remain to be completed" bounce

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:So he's been played out of position as a 9 his entire life?  Because he's never played the role of second striker or 10.  You're just assuming that he can do it without being able to point to anything tangible.  

And i doubt he plays that at Liverpool.  He will be played at the point of the attack.  He doesn't have the movement, discipline or tactical awareness to play the second striker/10 role.  Heck, he could barely play the CF role properly since he doesn't make consistently good runs.  I'm not even going to get into his play without the ball which is non-existent.  Both Sterling and Sturridge are much better suited for the second striker role.

In the WC, for example, i just couldn't believe how awful his movements were.  He wasn't creating any passing opportunities for the midfielders behind him.... and this is Pirlo, Marchisio, etc.  

Currently, Balo is a lazy, entitled and unprofessional prima dona.  He's living off the Germany game 2 years ago... that's the extent of his entire CV that's worth mentioning (people forget that he was very poor until that Germany game; if Di Natale wasn't such a NT flop, he wouldn't have played that game).  Maybe Rogers gets him in line.  But would you bet on that?  I wouldn't given his past.

No, I just know football.

Look how he plays, look at his movement. He isnt a 9.

He doesnt much like to run in behind and he doesnt like much to run away from the ball, he wants it into his feet. This is not a 9.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Playing second stiker, does not require a lot of runs. Balotelli likes the ball on his feet, and his passing is quite underrated. I think BR will notice this and play him behind Sturridge
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Has anyone read RAWK yet?

He was absolutely HATED on there. I want to see everyone's reaction on there now. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Ignore sport, he's just bitter Liverpool didn't sign Remy after failing his medical. (Where he's failed at 3 different clubs but clearly Liverpool had an agenda against Loic). Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 pm

That's your opinion Dani.  I know football too and he's not a second striker imo.  Too lazy and undisciplined to make a lasting mark at CF let alone something more tactically demanding.  He's not going to play second striker at Liverpool either anyhow so we'll never know.  He'll be on top with Sterling/Sturridge playing lower since they're speed guys and need real estate to be effective.

We'll just agree to disagree.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:00 pm

I dunno where he will play for Pool, I never made an opinion about that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 8 31981810

Laughing I like him already !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:01 pm

How do you know he won't be playing as a SS? Laughing

Chances are he's playing behind Sturridge, there's no way he's coming here to sit on the bench. And we're not benching Danny. Sturridge as a SS is a no. Rodgers uses him as a 9, and you don't change what's not broken.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 pm

You speak bad of me, I score goals.
Mario Balotelli

To play in atmospheres that are intense is when I play my best football.
Mario Balotelli

I want to be the strongest player in the world and score a lot of goals. To do that, I have to improve in every area.
Mario Balotelli

When I score, I don't celebrate because I'm only doing my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?
Mario Balotelli

He's at home. <3
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Sturridge is perfect for the SS.  He's quick, fast and tricky.  Playing on top and having to pound with CBs all game long would be tough on him for a full season.  He can do it for some months very well...  but he would wear down.  He was very good as a second striker next to Suarez.

It also makes no sense to play Balo in a position where he's never played and move Sturridge to position he's never covered for a full season.  Why do that unless there's a performance reason to take the risk?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Balotelli was hyped in Italy as every young talent in every country, but we have stopped to do it this year, and this already before of World Cup
I notice he has still hype abroad,I wish you  to get it also in future because if he fails to Liverpool , his career is finished. He can't miss this this sliding door. I hope he is really self conscious about it .  If he fails to Liverpool he will play just to Galatasaray or similar clubs withh that salary . At the maximum in Monaco as the other lazy player Berbatov , not more. Raiola is a shit as person  , but he is basically best agent ever. I don't know if it is more relevant to rate Ibrahimovic 50 mln + Eto'o or getting a salary of 6 mln every year for Balotelli.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Di Marzio wrote:Mario Balotelli leaves Italy, he’ll play at Liverpool. Reds have reached an agreement with the agent of the player, after that yesterday they had find the one with Milan. He’ll take off for for England at 1 pm with a private flight. Balotelli will undergo the routine medical today or tomorrow. In these minutes, Milan’s chief executive Galliani is signing the documents, Liverpool will put pen-to-paper after the results of the tests. The operation is few details away from being concluded. A new adventure in the Premier League for Balotelli.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sturridge is perfect for the SS.  He's quick, fast and tricky.  Playing on top and having to pound with CBs all game long would be tough on him for a full season.  He can do it for some months very well...  but he would wear down.  He was very good as a second striker next to Suarez.

It also makes no sense to play Balo in a position where he's never played and move Sturridge to position he's never covered for a full season.  Why do that unless there's a performance reason to take the risk?

Except Suarez was the second striker lol. I won't bother making the point as I can't be bothered.

I'll just wait for the Liverpool fans to bring the facts, Sturridge has been a CF his entire career. Whenever he's had success that's where he's played.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Studge was mainly used as number 9 and Suarez had completely free role, as RA describes he was like MF+Striker+winger altogether, but both made runs for each other. If any other creative player had the ball in a game in last season, you will always find Studge in the box, near 6 yard box. The second goal against S'ton is a good example of a typical poacher goal.

I wanted to reply to that post but I am not so sure what Remyczy is typing last 4 pages, so I thought better ignore him Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Sturridge second striker to Suarez rofl

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sturridge is perfect for the SS.  He's quick, fast and tricky.  Playing on top and having to pound with CBs all game long would be tough on him for a full season.  He can do it for some months very well...  but he would wear down.  He was very good as a second striker next to Suarez.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but Sturridge has never been a second striker. He isn't nearly versatile enough. I love him as a player, but he is a poacher through and through. As has already been said Suarez played in a free role.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next