Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 BvqxzsbIIAElgzB

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 Bvq7UDjCIAIqjGV

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Apparently would be on 80k a week wages and taking a 50% pay cut if he plays here. Would be impressive if he agrees to this.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Liverpool tell Mario Balotelli he will lose £2m a year if he misbehaves after he agrees to significant pay-cut
Liverpool transfer news: Personal terms agreed with Mario Balotelli and signing expected to go through by Tuesday after first meeting with Brendan Rodgers goes well

By Chris Bascombe
10:30PM BST 22 Aug 2014

Mario Balotelli will lose £2  million a year if he does not shed his bad-boy image at Liverpool after he accepted a significant pay cut to leave AC Milan.

Balotelli arrived in England on Friday to undergo the first stage of a medical held in Manchester and Liverpool this weekend. Personal terms are agreed, so it is the relationship struck between Brendan Rodgers and Balotelli that will determine if the £16 million transfer will be go through. Indications on Friday evening were that the first meeting went extremely well and the deal is expected to be finalised by Tuesday.

Liverpool have an option to sign Samuel Eto’o if talks with Balotelli break down, but Rodgers and the Anfield hierarchy are encouraged by the eagerness of the player to make financial compromises to move to Liverpool, believing he realises this is his last chance to succeed at one of the world’s biggest clubs.

Liverpool offered the Italian around £90,000 a week to return to England, but there are add-ons amounting to an additional £40,000 if the 24-year-old keeps out of trouble.

Balotelli earned around £160,000 a week in Italy, and commanded similar terms while at Manchester City. The fact he willingly accepted a reduced, incentivised salary is a key reason behind the deal pressing ahead over the last few days.

Liverpool have weighted the deal entirely in their favour to recognise the calculated risk in bringing the striker back to the Premier League. He was often fined for misdemeanours at his previous clubs, including training-ground bust-ups and red cards.

The contract is for three years, with Liverpool reserving the option to extend to a fourth. If Balotelli does not abide by the stipulations he will be put up for sale for £10 million.

Rodgers would not speak about the player at his weekly press briefing at Melwood on Friday afternoon, but did admit he felt comfortable with the idea of making a “risky” signing.

Although he had stated “categorically” that he would not sign Balotelli just three weeks ago, Rodgers started to reconsider his position hours later. The catalyst was a bargain price, especially when compared to other targets. Radamal Falcao, for example, would have commanded £20 million just for a year’s loan.

Rodgers was preparing to issue a firm message to Balotelli about his demands to become a Liverpool player, offering him the responsibility of being a senior member of his squad and focal point who could inspire the youngsters around him. Balotelli will be told he can be a pillar of the Liverpool team.

Rodgers is also backing his man-management skill to get the best out of a player he hopes has put the excesses of his youth behind them.

It will not be the first time he has signed a player despite being warned off by others. In August 2012 Rodgers refused to sign Daniel Sturridge until he had spent time in his company, assessing his character. When he had permission to do so six months later he sanctioned the deal.

The Liverpool manager consulted with his senior players, most notably club captain Steven Gerrard, to gauge opinions on Balotelli. Gerrard was enthusiastic on the basis of Balotelli’s footballing ability, which the former England captain recently witnessed first hand at the World Cup in Brazil.

Rodgers decided not to consult Balotelli’s former managers - including Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho - because he knew the references would not be supportive. He has decided to form his own opinions on the player, who will already have his eye on the No 45 shirt he made his own at previous clubs.

Although Rodgers would not talk about Balotelli until the deal is done - which could take until Monday - he did suggest it was the kind of transfer he would not have entertained earlier in his reign.

“Players and people come in all different shapes and sizes with different traits,” Rodgers said. “You can’t throw a blanket over everyone. Where I’m at with building the club, if we thought we were bringing in a player we felt was a risk two years ago I couldn’t have done it because the environment wasn’t created.

“What we have here now is a culture of performance, of people working very hard, an infrastructure that’s set up to flourish and if you come into that and you’re not that way or that character it would be really difficult for you. You’ve got to weigh it up. This is a club that’s not like many others. It’s a club that is a real strong family football club with values and ethics that run over many years and I will always fight to protect those. No matter the player or professional at the club, they will abide by that and that’s something that’s important.

“Sometimes you have to take a risk with people and a lot of the time if you take that risk you can get a reward for it. We’ve got a fantastic environment and culture here. Nothing that will ever shake or provoke that in any way. It’s something I’ll always protect at the club.

“Every player that we assess and look at, character is very important so no player would come in here if I felt it couldn’t work. People who know me well will tell you that I look to try to develop the player and the person. If I feel that someone cares enough, I will give them everything. As long as they show they care, want to learn and develop, we can give them the opportunity.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11052186/Liverpool-tell-Mario-Balotelli-he-will-lose-2m-a-year-if-he-misbehaves-after-he-agrees-to-significant-pay-cut.html
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Balotelli exclusive: How the striker convinced Liverpool FC he's their man

Aug 22, 2014 21:44 By James Pearce

A massive pay cut and promises of an improved attitude are just some of the key features of the negotiations

Mario Balotelli has convinced Liverpool he’s fully committed to joining the club by agreeing to take a staggering 50% cut in his basic wage.

The Italian striker, who is on the brink of completing a £16m move from AC Milan, arrived at Melwood on Friday evening after starting his medical in Manchester earlier in the day.

Liverpool is prepared to complete the deal after receiving the assurances they wanted from the 24-year-old regarding his attitude and application.

Balotelli has agreed to a contract which is heavily incentive based.

He will earn around £100,000 per week at Anfield – around half of what he pocketed in Serie A.

However, he has the potential to top up his salary to the level he was on at Milan if he triggers a series of performance related and behavioural clauses.

Brendan Rodgers has already gone on the record to say that Balotelli's presence at Anfield won't disrupt Liverpool FC's team ethic.

Balotelli flew into Manchester on Friday after the Reds’ talks with his agent Mino Raiola reached a successful conclusion.

The controversial frontman was met by club medical staff and underwent a series of scans in Manchester before travelling to Melwood to meet Brendan Rodgers for the first time.

His medical will continue on Saturday and the transfer should be rubber-stamped over the weekend.

Balotelli won’t be eligible to play against his former club Manchester City on Monday night but could make his debut away to Tottenham next weekend.

Reports suggesting Liverpool are also on the brink of signing Samuel Eto’o are wide of the mark. The Reds currently have no plans to follow up their initial interest in the 33-year-old free agent.

The arrival of Balotelli could trigger Fabio Borini’s exit from Anfield. The fellow Italian has been stalling over a move to Sunderland for a month.

Liverpool are still keen to pocket the £14million on offer from the Black Cats and Borini has been informed that if he stays he will be fourth choice striker behind Daniel Sturridge, Balotelli and Rickie Lambert.

Balotelli will be the Reds’ ninth signing of the summer and take their spending during this window to around £116m.

They have received around £80million in transfer fees.

Rodgers still wants another keeper before the September 1 deadline as he seeks a shot-stopper to compete with Brad Jones for the role of Simon Mignolet’s deputy.

“We don’t have too much more left to do,” Rodgers said.

“We’ve done the bulk of our work. We always said we were looking for another striker and if we can do a deal we will.

“Come the end of August I’m sure I’ll be really happy with the team and the squad I’ve got.”

Rodgers admitted there are likely to be a number of departures over the coming week.

Jordon Ibe is expected to go out on loan, while Daniel Agger, Oussama Assaidi, Sebastian Coates and Jack Robinson could also move on.

“We have a number of players who will look and see where their opportunities will lie,” he added.

“Every player here now is clear in terms of where I see them either in the squad or not in the squad. Every player understands exactly where they stand here at Liverpool.

“We will see between now and the end of August whether opportunities come for them to move on if they want to do that.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/balotelli-exclusive-how-striker-convinced-7660700
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:48 pm

loool it's late and I'm tired and for some reason my mind played a trick on me, and for a split second I read the thread headline as

"Almost official: Balotelli to live underground"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:24 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
zizzle wrote:As an inter fan i dont want this transfer to happen, especially if Milan reinvest wisely

zizzle wrote:especially if Milan reinvest wisely

zizzle wrote:Milan reinvest wisely

I lol'd

I laughed my head off at this post XD
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:11 am

stevieg8 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Balotelli was offered to both Chelsea and Arsenal earlier in the window, however neither wanted him, according to Sky Sports.

Yeah, apparently when they were asking 25 we also said no.

We still said no to him when the price was slashed.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 am

Well Giroud's quite easily better duh.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:50 am

iftikhar wrote:I wonder what would happen if we put spotsczy and red alert in the same room???

He'd obviously lose the debate (if this is regarding Balotelli) and just claim because he's older and French he knows more. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:38 am

Red Alert wrote:Well Giroud's quite easily better duh.

Hey man I never said I agreed with it. I've been the only one saying we should go for him in the Arsenal section.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 am

Galliani saving Falcao  :bow: 

or just getting Torres/Etoo
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:32 am

Mario Balotelli and Milan’s negotiations with Liverpool “have been going on for three months,” confirmed his agent.

The striker had his medical last night and is expected to complete the £16m (€20m) transfer over the next few days.

“The negotiations have been going on for three months. It’s not exactly a scoop,” representative Mino Raiola told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“Liverpool have always been the only English club who negotiated for Mario. I never lied to the media. Three days ago there was talk of Liverpool, but no offer. The truth is I’ve been working on Mario for months: the time had come to divorce from Milan.

“There wasn’t any row, incident or change. It’s not true that the rapport broke down with Milan. I was always against bringing Mario back to Italy: the pressure, the expectation, the media... Playing in Italy is much tougher for him than abroad.

“He insisted that he wanted to go from Manchester City to Milan and between client and agent, the client always decides.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:43 am

Source of Raiola interview on Balotelli (also includes details about Raiola and Milan, irrelevant to #LFC) http://www.corriere.it/sport/14_agosto_23/parla-raiola-balotelli-non-leader-liverpool-lui-l-ultima-spiaggia-8866096e-2a89-11e4-9f31-ce6c8510794f.shtml …

Raiola interview 8: He can be important at #LFC bt will be protected. He better not fail.

Raiola interview 7: He needs to feel free to score goals and play well. Fullstop. No burdens of leadership like at Milan.

Raiola interview 6: #LFC only English team after Balotelli. I wanted him away from Italy, from press, pressure, expectations.

Raiola interview 5: It's not true that Balotelli has special behaviour clauses. His contract is like everybody else's (does not deny bonus)

Raiola interview 4: Balotelli deal will be finalised on Monday or Tuesday. Many little details still to conclude.

Raiola interview 3: At his age, if Balotelli fails at #LFC, his career at elite level is over.

Raiola interview this morning on Corriere 2: I wanted Balotelli to move to a team where he's not expected to be a leader. Gerrard will help

Raiola interview this morning on Corriere 1: #LFC have been interested in Baolotelli for 3 months. Offer only came this week.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Strange ... but very good words by Raiola. I've appreciated this interview. I am Italain and so I've read all this his interview to Corriere and ... perfect.
Probably even he understood it is counterproductive to hype Balotelli and he must eat humble pie
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:58 pm

lmfao fans welcoming balotelli Laughing

https://vine.co/v/MLje6AawHnq

he is requesting transfer after seeing that Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:42 am

Ice-bucket challenge fella Laughing

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Wise words from Shay Given
Given thinks tabloid tales of Balotelli's alleged indiscretions are exaggerated.
"A lot of stuff you read about Mario is pie in sky, or firework in the sky," he said. "I was with him at City. He is just a big kid. He does silly things in the changing room and winds people up."

Liverpool have sought assurances from Balotelli about his commitment and off-field behaviour and ex-City keeper Given, currently with Aston Villa, thinks Rodgers is the man to bring out the best in him.
"Balotelli is in his mid-20s," said the former Republic of Ireland keeper. "The penny is going to drop that he needs to grow up and focus on football. Brendan Rodgers is a great manager and will sort him out."
Given added that if Manchester United target Angel Di Maria is worth £60m, then £16m for Balotelli is a "bargain".
"He is an Italian international and I think it is a great deal," said Given.
Kilbane also believes Rodgers will bring out the best in Balotelli.
"The amount of dysfunctional kids Brendan Rodgers had to nurture when at Chelsea," he said.
"There were question marks over Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling when they went in at Liverpool and look where they are now."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv5WG5xCUAAWWfb.jpg
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 Mario
Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 Mariobalotelli
Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 103416062
Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 20130202-ac-milan-mario-balotelli
Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 10 9720__9261__508737057ap002_liverpool_un_517X310

I'm already thinking of where he will be rejected to :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:32 pm

another of those 80-90m moves to Barcelona or Madrid, after 2-3 years may be

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm

"MILAN - We worked well together, Mario. We’ve been happy to have had you here and for this we say good-bye and thank-you.

In one year and a half you’ve achieved a lot. You were decisive in our qualification for the Champions League in 2013 and were our top-scorer last season. This is what your Milan thinks of you and this is our chance to confirm it publicly.

There have been lots of memorable moments. The goal-scoring debut versus Udinese, that late winner versus Torino at the San Siro in May last year, the decisive goal against Siena and the screamer against Bologna on Valentine’s Day at the San Siro.

Thank-you for everything and for what you have done at the club. We wish you the very best of luck for your next sporting and professional adventure"

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/153590
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Mario Balotelli has revealed his delight at signing for Liverpool, and admits it was a mistake to join Milan.

The Italy international joined the Rossoneri in January 2013, but after just 18 months in his home country has left to return to England, having completed a switch to Anfield.

And the 24-year-old has claimed that he is ‘very happy’ to play for Brendan Rodgers’ men and wants to claim European honours.

“I'm very happy. We've been talking about coming here and I'm happy to be here,” he told liverpoolfc.com.

“Liverpool are one of the best teams here in England. The football is very good here.

“It's a great team with young players, and that's why I came here.

“I'm happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake. I wanted to go to Italy but I realised it was a mistake.

“English football is generally better. English football is beautiful.

“I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team. I want to take this team to the Champions.”

The former Inter and Manchester City man then commented on the reception he has received from the Liverpool fans.

“I didn't expect it because I've always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren't nice with me but that's normal - it's football!

“Now that I play for Liverpool, I can see the expectation in people. They're very happy and that makes me very happy at the same time.

“To play here for Liverpool excites me, but if you're an opponent it's difficult.”

Balotelli has signed a three-year deal at Liverpool, and could make his debut on Sunday when they take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:52 pm

“I didn't expect it because I've always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren't nice with me but that's normal - it's football!

Love the honesty. One thing I really like about him. He says things as they are. Not stuff like "liverpool were my boyhood dream" n shit.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:08 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv5YdvAIYAAf03n.png

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Make or break time.. Or else he will become another Queresma :coffee:

Joining the best club in England though Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 am

If Rodgers plays a 4-4-2 diamond with Mario as a SS to Sturridge. He will succeed I have no doubt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next