Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 11 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 am

If Rodgers plays a 4-4-2 diamond with Mario as a SS to Sturridge. He will succeed I have no doubt.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 11 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:00 am

9 signings in one summer is quite alot for a team which did so well the previous one.

I guess they felt they needed the depth, but I always feel like any more than like 5 is alot of adjustment.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:20 am

If you break it down it doesn't looks as bad Dani.

The defense was full shite. You could bring in all 4 new guys and it wouldn't make a difference because all season the back 4 looked completely lost and disjointed last year.

As far as the midfield I expect it to be really the same Gerrard-Hendo-Coutinho with Allen and Lucas as the depth guys. Only new guys in there Lallana and Can neither of whom are really guaranteed to start. Although I'd hope Lallana starts producing quickly.

Then you've got Sterling and Sturridge who will continue to be starters and the only new starting guy is Balotelli. Markovic and Lambert were brought in for depth. Though Lazar looks to have the quality to break into the side.

So basically Balo and Lallana in hopefully and defenders. The main core that made us successful is still there minus Suarez.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 am

It makes sense, I like it alot better that the majority of the players are depth and rotation. So your not chopping and changing as much as signing 9 players would make you think.

Its always preferable that the spine of the team remains with as little drastic change as possible, when its going well.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 am

Two starting defenders (Lovren & Moreno), one rotating player in midfield (Lallana), and one starter in attack (Balotelli).

My main concern is the possibility that we make the midfield diamond our primary formation. I think we'll see the fullbacks get isolated and overwhelmed a lot by winger/fullback tandems and continue to leak goals because of it. I like the diamond as a sometimes thing, brought in as a tactical shift to adapt to and surprise opposing sides that we are confident it will work against (those that don't play with much width or have very powerful midfields) but I'd prefer to see 4-3-3 remain our primary formation (though if we continue to try to force Cou wide left we lose the width anyway).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:59 am

My main concern is our lack of creativity in the final third. My other concern is that opposition teams can't target Suarez anymore and thus are more disciplined in their defence. Hopefully Balotelli can struct teams with the fear factor, because my god do we need it. That'll not only free up space for Sturridge, but Sterling and Coutinho too.

My other concern is how we spent over 100m ffs.

Other concerns are from the man that's "tactically GOAT" allegedly yet he that still can't set up defensively (and has lost it in the final third it seems too). Still not sure how Lovren is better than Agger and Sakho when he's quite inferior to both of them (and one of them's being pushed out of the club). Still not sure why we didn't upgrade GJ+Skrtel and the fact that they're still the best players in their positions.

Still not sure how our whole midfield thing works.

Still not sure why we're relying on a 19 year old kid to play the Suarez role when he's supposed to develop further rather than putting all the burden on him to bail us out of games.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:20 pm

U mad h8rs?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwNHsoyIIAAYkK4.jpg
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Still do not even know what to say or how to feel about this transfer.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Still do not even know what to say or how to feel about this transfer.

Arqee my brethren, put your LFC Balo kit on and start singing Mario Italiano. He'll finally meet his potential.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Still do not even know what to say or how to feel about this transfer.
Where have you been???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

Arqee my brethren, put your LFC Balo kit on and start singing Mario Italiano. He'll finally meet his potential.

This is the same thing I heard from Milanisti on Mario's arrival and since Max left Mario has been nothing but a complete and utter idiot, and I will not support him a single bit until he shows me the attitude he did in his first half-season in Milan.

@Ifthi, here and there my friend, but will be regular once the season heats up.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Pirlo:
I’m not sure he really appreciates it yet, but he’s a special kind of medicine, an antidote to the potentially lethal poison of the racists you find in Italian grounds. They’re a truly horrendous bunch, a herd of frustrated individuals who’ve taken the worst of history and made it their own. And they’re more than just a minority, despite what certain mealy-mouthed spin doctors would have you believe. Those guys would use a fire extinguisher to put out a match.
Whenever I see Mario at an Italy training camp, I’ll give him a big smile. It’s my way of letting him know that I’m right behind him and that he mustn’t give up. A gesture that means ‘thank you’. He’s often targeted and insulted by opposition fans. Let’s say that the way he goes about his business perhaps doesn’t help him get much love, but I’m still convinced that if he was white, people would leave him in peace.
‘Jump up high so Balotelli dies’ is an unspeakable chant that, sadly, I’ve heard at the Juventus Stadium amongst other places. Even worse are the monkey noises that I’ve listened to pretty much everywhere. But instead of depressing Mario, moronic behaviour of that kind actually seems to fire him up. He won’t let this human trash get their way, and it’s the most intelligent response because if you listen to what a stupid person says, you elevate them to the position of interlocutor. If you simply ignore them (still acknowledging that, unfortunately, they exist) you’re leaving them to stew in their own polluted sea: one where there are no friends and no shore. The good news is that even sharks can die of loneliness after a while. Prandelli has given us national team players some firm direction on the matter. “If you hear people in the stands disrespecting Mario, run over to him and hug him.” In that idea hate can be cancelled out by an equivalent dose of love. Not a fashionable choice, but a pretty forceful idea. ... I’m happy that Mario is the way he is. He’ll react (wrongly) to provocation on the pitch, but doesn’t let what’s going on in the crowd affect him. If he scores, he might put his finger to his lips to mock the opposition fans, something that really infuriates them, but if they tell him he’s got the wrong colour of skin he’ll simply laugh in their faces. He makes complete fools of them and emerges a convincing winner. The way I see it, he’s capable of becoming a symbol of the fight against racism, both in Italy and throughout the world.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Words of wisdom from a true Italian gentleman
Pirlo :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 am

Well said Pirlo.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:56 pm

well this didn't take long Laughing

"Balotelli's approach upsets Liverpool team-mates"

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/354007.html
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:10 pm

LOL

Wonderful Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:20 pm

The criticism he's getting is completely out of order. He's been tracking back in games his link up play has always looked good .

I remember him making 2 runs in the game against West Brom and that twat Sterling refused to play him in 2 times and ran into a blind alley and ended up getting dispossessed.

I know people are desperate for him to fail but at least give him more than 4 starts ffs. Funny how the consummate professional, England's lion and hero Lambert is getting zero criticism from the media.

I wonder if the media narrative would be completely different if Howard didn't fluke that save in the Merseyside derby.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Well you really don't expect much from Lambert, his used as the 3rd choice striker, his barley played any minutes, but then again i didn't expect much from Balo either.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:36 am

I don't get the critics right now. He's doing anything bad. the guy is trying his best to adapt to his new team. Balo at Liverpool might work, or not, but I don't think his attitude is going to be the problem. Either the the tactics, his style of play but not his attitude. I can't honestly see him stay very long at Liverpool tho. He simply don't fit there.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:03 pm

From the few i saw of him so far , he is completely the same player . Nothing changed for him , just the surroundings. Someone who thinks himself accomplished will never try to become something more. And Balotelli walks the pitch as if he owns it. It won't be long before bench times come again , simply because he doesn't merit anything remotely close to that. He might be a great lad , he may be really talented , his body may be capable of great things , but his mind is that of an idiot and idiots aren't able of great things.

Whenever i have watched him play ever since he joined Liverpool , i just felt for the Liverpool fans , coming from Suarez to this must be a nightmare. Just his body language and you can tell , it screams of the player Balotelli . It's not even about the characteristics in play or the quality of each player , or the talent in question . It's about the attitude , the mindset , the character . Yes Balo cut off his stupid antics , and?? I seem to recognise the exact same diva player who thinks he just won another bod yesterday , walk the pitch with no fks left to give , others suffering near him as he simply gets off the ground after losing the ball yet again. Unable to take responsibility , unwilling to adapt and change , undependable when it matters the most.

I like Balotelli . But deep down i am glad he left because i fully understand i could never really expect more of him , at least in Milan . I hope he can find his way at Liverpool , but i will be honest , i think it will be very difficult , even unlikely . It's soon .. but the signs are hardly positive.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:35 pm

For my money Balotelli has done well thus far. When he's got the ball, he's doing good things with it. And what comes to scoring goals, he hasn't let the team down, it's more the other way round, we haven't been able to create chances for him. I'm not worried about Balotelli, I'm much more worried about our attacking play as a whole.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Dante wrote:From the few i saw of him so far , he is completely the same player . Nothing changed for him , just the surroundings. Someone who thinks himself accomplished will never try to become something more. And Balotelli walks the pitch as if he owns it. It won't be long before bench times come again , simply because he doesn't merit anything remotely close to that. He might be a great lad , he may be really talented , his body may be capable of great things , but his mind is that of an idiot and idiots aren't able of great things.

Whenever i have watched him play ever since he joined Liverpool , i just felt for the Liverpool fans , coming from Suarez to this must be a nightmare. Just his body language and you can tell , it screams of the player Balotelli . It's not even about the characteristics in play or the quality of each player , or the talent in question . It's about the attitude , the mindset , the character . Yes Balo cut off his stupid antics , and?? I seem to recognise the exact same diva player who thinks he just won another bod yesterday , walk the pitch with no fks left to give , others suffering near him as he simply gets off the ground after losing the ball yet again. Unable to take responsibility , unwilling to adapt and change , undependable when it matters the most.

I like Balotelli . But deep down i am glad he left because i fully understand i could never really expect more of him , at least in Milan . I hope he can find his way at Liverpool , but i will be honest , i think it will be very difficult , even unlikely . It's soon .. but the signs are hardly positive.

I think the issue with him is that everyone blew his head up since he was young and he became a super star without really earning it. I mean seriously, he isn't a world class striker, yet somehow I remember people were even comparing him to Ibra at one point. It's ridiculous.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:For my money Balotelli has done well thus far. When he's got the ball, he's doing good things with it. And what comes to scoring goals, he hasn't let the team down, it's more the other way round, we haven't been able to create chances for him. I'm not worried about Balotelli, I'm much more worried about our attacking play as a whole.

A voice of reason.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:42 pm

One of the most overrated players I've ever heard of.

Dude has played for Inter, Man City, AC Milan, Liverpool AND is being dropped for the Italia National team and the same problems that were brought up about the beginning of career are still brought up now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:43 pm

izzy wrote:One of the most overrated players I've ever heard of.

Dude has played for Inter, Man City, AC Milan, Liverpool AND is being dropped for the Italia National team and the same problems that were brought up about the beginning of career are still brought up now.

The problem is that even though he's very talented and skilled with the ball, his style isn't that well suited to play the lone forward of the day. Today the most goal-scoring strikers are wham-bang-thank-you-ma'am kind of explosive players who score their goals from a flash of quick action or clever positioning. I think Balotelli is actually technically better on the ball than Aguero, Van Persie or Costa, for example, but his style isn't as direct or aggressive.

Let's put it this way that if your five attacking players were all Balotellis, you'd have better results than if they were all Agueros, Van Persies or Costas, but if you have just one of them playing the lone striker, you're better off choosing one of the other three to score more goals.

I'm hopeful that having Sturridge back will benefit Balotelli, but at the end of the day it's up to Rodgers to get the most out of Balotelli since he signed him. Balotelli's style was well known and if it doesn't suit our needs, we should have bought someone else.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 pm

You also have to remember Mario hasn't even cost us a lot in terms of the transfer fee. Lovren, Sakho, Lallana, Markovic have all cost more and haven't done any better. But all the criticism is falling on his shoulders.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next