Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 13 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Eivindo Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:13 am

He is worthless as a lone CF, would almost rather have Matri in that position instead lol

Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 13 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:19 am

Not sure who said this but this describes Balo perfectly

"Balotelli is the only player who makes you happy when he arrives and makes you twice as happy when he leaves."

LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:31 am

Zealous wrote:Not sure who said this but this describes Balo perfectly

"Balotelli is the only player who makes you happy when he arrives and makes you twice as happy when he leaves."

LOL

I wrote it in this thread , I reported words said by Sky Italy pundit http://www.goallegacy.net/t36383p162-official-mario-balotelli-signs-for-liverpool#1285340

It's enough true so far
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Dude you are so off. At 24, Ibra had been the superstar or top player on 4 league winning teams... 2 at Ajax and 2 at Juve (which were erased due to calciopoli). He wasn't a sideshow or bit player like Balo ffs Laughing He was voted BdO 20th in 2003, 14th in 2004 and 8th in 2005...

The comparison to Ibra is so ridiculous that i'm not even going to comment on it anymore Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:16 pm

tbh Ibrahimovic scored just 7 goals in 35 matches in 2006 . infact Inter was the only club to offer good money for him. Yes he was professional unlike of Balo but he looked like potential talent more than " finished " player, he improved much in following years
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:02 pm

you must have been too young...  Trezeguet was injured in Ibra's first year at Juve  and he played CF = scored a ton.  When Trezeguet returned the following year and was put back in the CF spot, Ibra was asked to play the CAM/10 role and spent very little time in the box.  Inter was one of many clubs that offered a ton of money to buy him.  The difference?  Inter offered him a contract starting at 4,5 mil euros per season and going up to 10 mil over 5 years.  That's why Juve were so angry at him...  he forced the move to the club that gave him the best personal terms, not the one that was offering the most.  Keep in mind that 25 mil Euros was a ton of money at the time too in any case...  As a comparable, Chevtchenko went from Milan to Chelsea for 45 mil in 2006 and that was the highest EPL transfer ever at the time (he had scored 32 goals, dished 11 assists of which 9 goals in CL).  Milan sold because of the crazy Chelsea offer.

Chevtchenko finished 5th on the 2005 BdO while Ibra was 8th.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:48 pm

I will be also young , but I live in Italy so I have/ had a good perception.

Ibrahimovic surely  was good rated ( and more than Balo now, this is obvious ) ,   but noone rated him so highly as now,   and about "
Inter was one of many clubs that offered a ton of money to buy him.  The difference? etc " , you should ask to Secco , the Juve DS at that time , his textual words " We sold him to the only club who offered money for him , Inter was the  only club with concrete offer for Ibra "

I remember even a good number of Inter fans preferring Luca Toni to Ibrahimovic at that time , or I remind Juve fans to be sorry  , yes , but not so desperate about it.

Media talked about surely a good deal ( also because basically Inter overcame Milan on race to take him , they were 2 only clubs interested to Swedish , Ibra  was not rated abroad , and this makes idea about his development ) but not about an'  " unreal deal "

Talking about me  -- in 2006 I thought he would have improved , but not so much as he did really

contrarily now I think Balotelli will not improve.
I could think Balotelli was an unreal talent in 2009 , but not just now .Not improved and even worsened. He has great shot but for the rest he looks average for me and his  body language on the pitch is meh.

I hope to be wrong about it though.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:36 pm

I think Balotelli will come good for Liverpool once Sturridge comes into the picture. What I have noticed is that (and i am sure its been brought up before already) , he seems to slowdown the game att he final third. Liverpool do not play that way.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 am

sportsczy wrote:He wasn't a consistent starter at City because he kept getting into trouble... either he sucked period, or he made bonehead plays or he had off the field issues.  They TRIED to make him a starter but he kept messing up. He got 2 or 3 runs of being a starter for 1-3 months and he kept frakking up.

He was the CONSISTENT starter at Milan and he didn't do crap other than his first 6 months.  He started 41 games last season....  and Milan were desperately trying to get him off the club by the end of the season.

When you suck, you can't be a consistent starter with a club of any consequence regardless of your talent potential.

Rightio then. You keep re-writing history in an attempt to make yourself look genuine. Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 pm

@Robe,

Milan were in the conversation to buy Ibra.

In fact, we were the favorites to do so, and probably would have bought him if we didn't get bogged down by Calciopoli as well.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:32 pm

yes I wrote Inter and Milan were the only 2 clubs really interested to him.

Basically he wasn't rated abroad,  not even Real,Chelsea or others interested to him , and this is significant about his developement in these years.

The substantial difference is  Ibra was  good rated at that time, but not so highly as now , while Balotelli  is not even good rated in Italy atm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:I think Balotelli will come good for Liverpool once Sturridge comes into the picture. What I have noticed is that (and i am sure its been brought up before already) , he seems to slowdown the game att he final third. Liverpool do not play that way.

yes I think he will improve with Sturridge too
As I said in Champions league thread , Balotelli can't playing as the only CF in a team.
If you play with Balotelli only CF your offensive working risks to be sterile, as it was in last matches.
Balotelli should play with another CF near, basically.
And it is not a case his best Liverpool match was against Tottenham imho.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:01 am

Robespierre wrote:yes I wrote Inter and Milan were the only 2 clubs really interested to him.

Basically he wasn't rated abroad,  not even Real,Chelsea or others interested to him , and this is significant about his developement in these years.

The substantial difference is  Ibra was  good rated at that time, but not so highly as now , while Balotelli  is not even good rated in Italy atm
Robespierre wrote:yes I wrote Inter and Milan were the only 2 clubs really interested to him.

According to the golden ball, he was rated as top 10 player in his last two years at Juve. I think the lack of interest from outside coincides with the end of Galcticos era in Madrid, and the fact that the PL was weaker than both La Liga and Italy then.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 am

Chelsea used to buy  top CFs from Serie A at that time , Crespo , Shevchenko etc ...
Probably there was not this interest for a player who scored  just 7 goals in his last Serie A season
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:33 am

Abramovich wrote:Can't speak for Inter, but I don't think you can call Mario a consistent starter for City during his time there.

About Inter, he was never a consistent starter for us.
He was always a back up and tbh he was also useful in this role . I liked him enough.
The problems about Balotelli begin when you "overrate " him and you give him responsabilities not worthy of his level . He will be never the star of a team imo . Prandelli wrecked when he built Italy on him.

Anyway   he never was starter even when he could be on paper to Inter.
About the last year with Mourinho, at the beginning he was reserve because there were Milito and Eto'o ... and this was normal . It couldn't be a fault.
Then Mourinho changed siystem , he passed from 4-3-1-2 (where Sneijder-Milito-Eto'o)  to 4-2-3-1 and he  had to be the starter on paper.
But he began to act as a clown , not professional player ( his idiocy grew when Raiola became his agent) and he missed this chance and he lost the place for Goran Pandev. Pandev, not Di Maria. He was a back up in  treble season when he could be reminded as a starter.

Anyway Mourinho rated him more as a winger CF for 4-2-3-1 than the only CF in that system , and probably he was right about it.

He played only a match as CF in that 4-2-3-1 , against Genoa won 0-5 and he played also well . But Mourinho didn't replicate that experiment
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Can't speak for Inter, but I don't think you can call Mario a consistent starter for City during his time there.

About Inter, he was never a consistent starter for us.
He was always a back up and tbh he was also useful in this role . I liked him enough.
The problems about Balotelli begin when you "overrate " him and you give him responsabilities not worthy of his level . He will be never the star of a team imo . Prandelli wrecked when he built Italy on him.

Anyway   he never was starter even when he could be on paper to Inter.
About the last year with Mourinho, at the beginning he was reserve because there were Milito and Eto'o ... and this was normal . It couldn't be a fault.
Then Mourinho changed siystem , he passed from 4-3-1-2 (where Sneijder-Milito-Eto'o)  to 4-2-3-1 and he  had to be the starter on paper.
But he began to act as a clown , not professional player ( his idiocy grew when Raiola became his agent) and he missed this chance and he lost the place for Goran Pandev. Pandev, not Di Maria. He was a back up in  treble season when he could be reminded as a starter.

Anyway Mourinho rated him more as a winger CF for 4-2-3-1 than the only CF in that system , and probably he was right about it.

He played only a match as CF in that 4-2-3-1 , against Genoa won 0-5 and he played also well . But Mourinho didn't replicate that experiment

I did kind of remember this but wasn't 100% sure, it rings a bell now.

Didn't want to write it off immediately even though some Pool fans here are known to lie / exaggerate stuff Laughing.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:11 am

Who's lied / exaggerated then?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:00 am

Chelsea fans obsessed with Liverpool fans, what is new here Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Red Alert wrote:Who's lied / exaggerated then?

Delusional Laughing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 am

Abramovich wrote:

Delusional Laughing

I was waiting for a proper reply then I remembered it was you. lmao
Still feeling relevant? Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

Delusional Laughing

I was waiting for a proper reply then I remembered it was you. lmao
Still feeling relevant? Sad

I gave you the benefit of the doubt because obviously you can read, although I thought you were an educated (to at least high school level) fellow. I suppose instead of advising you to read the past 2 pages, one would assume you have selective reading anyways.

Here's what is discussed last 2 pages well some parts of it at least.

Red Alert wrote:Because he was a consistent starter at Inter and City..........

Case closed I guess.

25% left Laughing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:36 am

Can somebody please I can't
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:49 am

The saddest thing is for Balotelli it's going to be all or nothing. Either he turns out to be Cantona or he won't last at Liverpool.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Bénin wrote:The saddest thing is for Balotelli it's going to be all or nothing. Either he turns out to be Cantona or he won't last at Liverpool.

True .. but if we want to be strict , in the past when he was coming out saying stuff like , only Messi is better than me..well now , it's safe to say he's , in a way , getting the criticism he actually wished for . I agree with you , it's not fair , but Balotelli many a times over in his career has not helped his case , either(especially) with his football or straight out making life difficult for himself off the pitch .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:39 pm

they should have signed someone more of a creator ss, or what ever term you have for them than a target man like balo. I guess they thought coutinho can step up but never happened. I think when a club sell a player they should replace him with similar player unless they want to change manager r the manager wants to change the tactics
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:39 am

Balotelli is a SS. He hasn't done that well because he's playing as a lone striker at the moment due to Sturridge being injured so far.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next