Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 15 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:15 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Policy is policy. If you don't like it, go somewhere else where they don't have such a policy.
Sounds like rather dictatorial, something that's not inherently good.
Working for a company is mostly dictatorial as long as it's within the country's legal system... big difference is that you can leave. In dictatorships, you don't have the choice of whether to stay or to leave. People will decide whether the compensation they get for their work is worth the time/energy/policies.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 15 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Lex Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm just wondering what the reaction on here would be if, say, Lambert, Lallana or Gerrard tweeted talking about black men jumping and Jews being greedy
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I think footballers should be allowed to post a light-hearted picture like that anyway. Damn ridiculous he's landed in hot water for that. If a comedian joked on prime time TV something about Jews liking money, people would laugh it off and not think anything about it. A footballer posts that pic on his instragram and it's getting investigated. A farce.
Lol, if Balotelli ever decides that he wants to take on a solo career as a juggler around the world, he can post anything he wants on his Facebook or Insta.

As far as i remember, the Barclay Premier League is a business, and as it's with most businesses around the world, there is a code of conduct to follow.

So Balotelli being an employee of that the BPL, he is subject to that code of ethics and it's their job to make sure none of their employees step outside of it.

Too often we forget that footy is just a business that's not very different from the ones that we spend our daily lives at.

Comedians on TV are employed by those TV stations / broadcasting companies and they can say much worse stuff.

Lex wrote:I'm just wondering what the reaction on here would be if, say, Lambert, Lallana or Gerrard tweeted talking about black men jumping and Jews being greedy

What's so bad about those humorous, light-hearted generalisations anyway? It's normal to joke about those kind of stereotypes. There's a Hollywood movie called "White Men Can't Jump", ffs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:41 pm

...aaaand he's been charged by the FA rofl

While every news outlet happily re-posts the picture and text he posted Very Happy

Apparently we live in a world where to say on the Internet, to no one in particular, that "someone grabs coins like a jew" is actually a grave racist insult. While his own mom is actually a Jew and he the whole picture is meant to be a humorous anti-racist thing. You just can't make it up xD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 pm

It's not even unbelievable. Laughing

Such a farce of an organization. If you told me the FA was bankrolling ISIS, I'd believe you.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:05 am

Don't call me James wrote:f you told me the FA was bankrolling ISIS, I'd believe you.
:facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Lex wrote:I'm just wondering what the reaction on here would be if, say, Lambert, Lallana or Gerrard tweeted talking about black men jumping and Jews being greedy

It would be funny. Have you ever seen Harold and Kumar 2? That stuff is gold.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Comedians on TV are employed by those TV stations / broadcasting companies and they can say much worse stuff.
it doesn't matter, really. those TV stations allow it, the BPL doesn't.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been given a one-match ban by the Football Association as punishment for his Super Mario post on social media.

The Italian, whose suspension comes into effect immediately, has also been fined £25,000 and must attend an education course.

The 24-year-old was charged under FA rule E3(1) for a post which appeared to contain anti-Semitic and racist references.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "The club acknowledges the decision reached by the FA independent panel and due consideration will be given to the written judgement once we receive it from the FA.

"Any further action taken by ourselves in relation to this matter is between the club and player."

Balotelli had accepted the charge but wrote to the FA in mitigation.

The former Manchester City forward reposted an image of computer game character Super Mario on Instagram which included the words "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew."

He later tweeted to deny the post was offensive, before apologising.

Balotelli returned to the Liverpool squad for Sunday's defeat by Manchester United at Old Trafford after six games out with a groin problem.

But he was not involved in Wednesday's League Cup win at Bournemouth.

He has scored two goals in his 15 appearances for the club since signing from AC Milan in the summer.

rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:36 pm

If you still don't know this is the image he's getting the ban for rofl

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 15 Balo
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:41 pm

FA picking the team for Rodgers Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Lex wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:f you told me the FA was bankrolling ISIS, I'd believe you.

rofl What a classic line.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Lex wrote:

rofl What a classic line.

McY :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Such a hasty transfer tbh...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Its just not clicking for Mario at the moment. I still wont count the guy out just yet. He is capable of doing far more than what he is put up thus far.

I dono maybe its the formation? Coaching? Lack of confidence? lack of motivation?

People ITT are making it seem like his career will fizzle out before he is 30 ffs
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:57 pm

I can not believe they actually banned him for that twitter thing titled 'don't be racist'. Un *bleep* believable. Don't they have some better way to spend their time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:15 pm

They banned him for THAT? wtf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Un****ing believable.

How many times have black players been racially abused, how many times has Mario himself been abused by fans and players and teams, ect and the FA and UEFA or whatever federation have done NOTHING. And they then turn around and ban him for that is disgusting

Clearly white privelage at work keeping blacks at a distance by nitpicking anything that can be even remotely constrewed as racism... so they can sit back and say "ya see, black people can be racist too!!!!11!1!"
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 pm

Why always me?!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:05 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Un****ing believable.

How many times have black players been racially abused, how many times has Mario himself been abused by fans and players and teams, ect and the FA and UEFA or whatever federation have done NOTHING. And they then turn around and ban him for that is disgusting

Clearly white privelage at work keeping blacks at a distance by nitpicking anything that can be even remotely constrewed as racism... so they can sit back and say "ya see, black people can be racist too!!!!11!1!"

I would have to disagree with you here. I think it has more to do with the fact that the person in question is Mario balotelli more so than him black.

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by commando Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 am

I think it was quite harsh to ban Mario. He doesn't think before he speaks/writes but had he made reference to the Scot's notorious stereotype for penny pinching, he probably would not have been banned. He is simply a kid who after the age of 4 grew up in a wealthy family environment in a very well off Italian Jewish family and loves his Jewish foster mother. He was kind of spoiled as a kid. Even if he wasn't a high paid football player he would have worked in the family business and would have had a good life.

commando
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:47 am

It's a complete joke to ban him for that picture, but it's only one game, so I don't care.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:28 am

Next time it's raining cats and dogs in Manchester, and Balotelli tweets "wow what great weather..", the FA is probably going to ban him for lying.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:29 am

Art Morte wrote:It's a complete joke to ban him for that picture, but it's only one game, so I don't care.

If your club doesn't appeal that, they deserve relegation imo
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 am

have the lots of you fallen on your heads? you are actually defending balo? lmao

he posts a picture with the words "...jumps like a black man and grabs coin like a jew" and you think it's normal

what the f.uck are you thinking?

first of all, he deserves the ban for  posting some crap that's completely inappropriate, and another for sheer stupidity. it doesn't matter what the intent was, nothing excuse stupidity especially when we are talking about race issues.

that picture with the caption is a complete disgrace, he is lucky he got just one game ban

and the other muppet up there throw in ISIS in the conversation as if it's supposed to be funny. :facepalm: what are you doing mcagger?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:55 am

while it's obvious what's problematic about that picture (i.e. "mexicans have moustaches" and "jews grab coin" is not on the same level of maliciousness as stereotypes go) it takes quite some stretch to interpret him posting it, under the header "don't be racist" no less, as trying to promote those stereotypes, rather than interpreting it as using them ironically.
Pretty sure you can comprehend that, even if the FA can't.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next