Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 17 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:09 am

Meh, what a joke.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 17 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Doc Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Ridiculously late on this since I'm now reading about it. From all accounts, I'm surprised he didn't a lengthier ban considering how uptight businesses tend to get when racism (or what is perceived to be racism) gets involved. I get the humour and the premise but sadly, Balo really should think a lot more mature on sensitive issues. He isn't just some random internet user, he is a Liverpool player and (sadly) his actions are very much under the radar.

I don't agree with the ban but I understand exactly why the FA did it. Then again, Balo is a grown ass man who is well paid. If he can't understand these things, well, tough luck for him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 pm

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 17 minutes ago
FA written reasons say Balotelli was facing 3 match ban but only given 1 match because his mitigation was found to be 'honest' and 'sincere'
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Don't call me James wrote:James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 17 minutes ago
FA written reasons say Balotelli was facing 3 match ban but only given 1 match because his mitigation was found to be 'honest' and 'sincere'

rofl
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Brendan Rodgers wrote: "I think we've seen that it's not really his game.

"Having worked with Mario during the time he's been here, we've seen that he's a player who better in and around the box, so that level of intensity and pressing isn't a part of his game,

Brendan Rodgers: Mario Balotelli doesn't suit Liverpool style
http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2214486/brendan-rodgers-mario-balotelli-doesnt-suit-liverpool-style
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Balotelli: Rodgers doesn't suit my style

Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:14 pm

junkyard wrote:

"Having worked with Mario during the time he's been here, we've seen that he's a player who better in and around the box, so that level of intensity and pressing isn't a part of his game,

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2214486/brendan-rodgers-mario-balotelli-doesnt-suit-liverpool-style

That's a no brainer. Balotelli is a poacher even if he has amazing physical attributes. Euro 2012 was the best part of his career so far and his goals were poacher's one.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Bénin wrote:
junkyard wrote:

That's a no brainer. Balotelli is a poacher even if he has amazing physical attributes. Euro 2012 was the best part of his career so far and his goals were poacher's one.

Disagree. A poacher makes runs off the ball, Balo doesn't do that. He wants the ball at his feet and he will drop into deeper positions to get the ball.

He's the complete opposite of a poacher.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Then why sign him?

Publicly ridiculing him now. Lambert fits the style yeah? Losing faith in Rodgers.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Rodgers' treatment of Balotelli has been downright disgraceful. From criticizing him immediately after his signing to dropping him, failing to defend him from the media, and launching thinly veiled attacks on him time and time and again, its no wonder Balo hasn't done well.

If he isn't given a proper run alongside Sturridge when they both return from injury and then leaves the club, you'll know exactly who to blame for wasting 20 mil.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Balo doesn't run outside the box or in it.... so he basically has no position lol. Every once in a while, he does something purely on talent.

What a waste.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:45 pm

This BS of Balotelli being lazy needs to stop. Ask any Liverpool fan, his workrate for them is not the problem. The problem has been terrible management and bad luck.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Balotelli: Rodgers doesn't suit my style

Proud

i'd say they suit each other just fine since they both suck ;
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I completely agree with ACM, Rodgers can't make Balotelli the scapegoat when none of the signings are being even half as good as Downing.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:07 pm

i agree.  Balotelli is being singled out.  Mourinho, Mancini, Prandelli, the Milan coaches and now Rogers have all handled him terribly.  He's obviously blameless and is being held back.

Conte was going to do a bad job too... but he saved himself from exposing his managing deficiencies by simply not choosing Balo. If he doesn't coach Balo, he can't be blamed for coaching him badly like the others.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:19 pm

balo is yet to  have a  single good " full " season in 8 years of  pro football .

not sure why some people keep giving him the benefit of the doubt every year instead of realizing he's just not good enough .
is it the token 1 or  2 world class goals ( in games in which he usually sucked before scoring said goals )  he scores every 10  months or so that  pulls the wool over peoples eyes?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:56 am

By and large, Balotelli played well for Prandelli, Allegri and Seedorf, there's no need to rewrite history. That Mario is a big part of his own problems is no doubt but there are many flawed players around who make important contributions. I haven't watched Liverpool regularly this season but I've seen a few games and there's nothing new to what we're seeing so any facets of his play shouldn't come as a surprise to Rodgers. He may well have anticipated having greater stability in the rest of the line up and fewer injury woes however in order to make easier his management of Balotelli. This is hardly his only issue to deal with and to an extent he is simply being honest but it's still ideal to respond by making such statements to the press.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:26 am

The guys more stubborn than Mourinho ffs. Continues to deflect the blame from himself. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:55 am

I don't think Mario should play striker, simple as that. He looks much more comfortable outside of the box than inside.

Like I said:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36839-should-balotelli-become-a-yaya-toure?highlight=yaya

:coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 am

Waaay outside the box, leaning towards the sideline, positioned somewhere around the technical area on the bench somewhere
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:31 am

Actually, if Balo could get his head right, he'd be lethal coming off the bench. He's a big guy and has a good shot. He'd have more space to work with and the opponent would already be tired... but he'd have to embrace the role.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:30 am

He should have scored 2 against United, Its about taking those chances.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:52 am

With Balo, It's all about '' If '' .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:57 am

sportsczy wrote:Actually, if Balo could get his head right, he'd be lethal coming off the bench. He's a big guy and has a good shot. He'd have more space to work with and the opponent would already be tired... but he'd have to embrace the role.

You are such a genius. I really admire what you post about Liverpool. I might call Carlo and tell him this genius idea in regards to Bale though. Bale's quite big himself, and imagine the terror he would give the opposition with his pace and power in the last 20 minutes, amazing!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:48 pm

I don't even understand your post lol. Bale has proven himself at the highest level as a starter. Balo has failed everywhere as a regular... inconsistency of effort and bad football IQ (to go along with confidence) have been and continue to be his issues. So maybe he should start by making an impact over a shorter timespan before pretending like he deserves to be a regular.

Rodgers is right that Balo cannot play outside the box because he doesn't have the movement or consistent workrate to play in space where you have responsibility towards the overall shape of the team. His effort may look good to the fan... but he doesn't do anything in terms of team shape. Stupid of Rodgers to buy him though since this is well known.

Bring him in for the last 20-30 mins of EPL games and start him for the cup games. Typically, that's how young players win their way to a regular spot... cup game performances and good impact as subs during league/europe. I don't see why Balo should be immune to this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:16 pm

The Black Quaresma
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next