Nishankly
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
S
82 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 3 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Let me put it in numbers... Balotelli has NEVER scored 20 goals (combined competitions) for a club in a season. He's only scored more than 15 twice: 17 for Man City and 18 for Milan.

Cisse, Ba and Remy have all produced a lot better (goals per game) than Balo ever has and they did it for Newcastle Laughing Meanwhile, Bale has failed at Inter, City and Milan.

Just to put things in perspective Laughing

Calm down lol and in any case only Ba has bettered those numbers.
per game Mole. Newcastle doesn't play Europe. Remy scored 14 goals in 27 games (0.52) while Balo got 18 in 41 for Milan (0.44). Let's not even talk who was providing service lol... on one side you had Kaka, Montolivo, Honda, etc, and on the other, it was Moussa Sissoko with Cabaye gone in midseason Laughing Papis Cisse got 13 goals in 14 games his first year compared to 12 in 13 games for Balo in his first season :coffee:

Unfair comparison tbh, for starters the reason strikers score a lot for us is because of the direct style and boat load of crosses.

Which is more suitable for a striker than creativity really.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 3 Empty Re: Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Let me put it in numbers...  Balotelli has NEVER scored 20 goals (combined competitions) for a club in a season.  He's only scored more than 15 twice:  17 for Man City and 18 for Milan.  

Cisse, Ba and Remy have all produced a lot better (goals per game) than Balo ever has and they did it for Newcastle Laughing  Meanwhile, Bale has failed at Inter, City and Milan.  

Just to put things in perspective Laughing

Calm down lol and in any case only Ba has bettered those numbers.
per game Mole.  Newcastle doesn't play Europe.  Remy scored 14 goals in 27 games (0.52) while Balo got 18 in 41 for Milan (0.44).  Let's not even talk who was providing service lol... on one side you had Kaka, Montolivo, Honda, etc, and on the other, it was Moussa Sissoko with Cabaye gone in midseason Laughing  Papis Cisse got 13 goals in 14 games his first year compared to 12 in 13 games for Balo in his first season :coffee:

Your twisting numbers to support your argument.

Balo had 12 goials in 13 starts in his first season (Serie A), working with a fit Montolivo and a dynamic KPB.

In his next season he had 14 goals and 6 assists in 25 starts (Serie A) and considering what he had to work with in the first half of the season,where the whole team underperformed and had 4 wins in 16 games, playing with the likes of Birsa, Nocerino and Robinho. I don't blame it on him. It was a tumultuous Milan side which switched coaches and systems halfway through the season.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Balo is not a winner, and in a team full of losers he is the spearhead of bad mentality, getting way too much negative attention that sticks with the club for way too long.

Whenever he plays and things dont go his way there is this red card mentality as mentioned by others here coming forward, and as a fan you are nervous whenever he is involved in a foul, and there will be many.

Thing is, he just cant get tackled by a defender and deal with it like a professional, instead he expects every time the ref to show him justice, which ofc often dont happen in football.

He also doesnt like to get into the penalty area because he isnt really a header, a bit like Ibra I guess, but a little worse.

Will be interesting to see if he can finally turn it around with a good management, which has been basically non-existant at Milan, and an existing winning mentality, which we also dont have anymore.

But...we have Bonera, the greatest shame in Italian football since Calciopoli.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:39 pm

I think Balo and Studge will get on quite well actually.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Perfect place for Balotelli to be honest. Look at how much the likes of Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge and even Suarez improved under Rodgers.

Super Mario for £16m on £90k p/w is a ridiculous bargain.

Why are people saying he'll kill the dressing room lol? The likes of Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge and that young lad Ibe will get on well with Balo.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Gil wrote:Perfect place for Balotelli to be honest. Look at how much the likes of Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge and even Suarez improved under Rodgers.

Don't agree with Coutinho tbh (Lallana >>>>>) he's no better than what he showed on loan with Espanyol under Pochettino.

Agree with rest though and that Balotelli should succeed there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:43 pm

As an inter fan i dont want this transfer to happen, especially if Milan reinvest wisely
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 pm

I maintain what I said about him since Inter day, a very good player for short burst tournament like WC or Europe, or even CL. A player for 38 games week in week out, the real Balo will be shown. It's not even about his crazy off pitch behavior, it's that he walks more than Messi during vomitting week, Serie A fans know this.

For me, he would be the last person to build your attack on, too unpredictable for his own team good, Prandelli experienced it the hard way last WC, as for Euro argument, Cassano was the main man.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 pm

zizzle wrote:As an inter fan i dont want this transfer to happen, especially if Milan reinvest wisely

zizzle wrote:especially if Milan reinvest wisely

zizzle wrote:Milan reinvest wisely

I lol'd
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 pm

so 15 goals all comps is suddenly a good season for a CF... fine. For a tier 2 CF, that's a good season. But if you're looking for a top striker, anything less than 20 is poor. 20 is average tbh. You need to have 25 goals to have a good season and 30 for a great season imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Gil wrote:Perfect place for Balotelli to be honest. Look at how much the likes of Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge and even Suarez improved under Rodgers.

I don't find reasons why he should cost more than this hmm

zizzle wrote:As an inter fan i dont want this transfer to happen, especially if Milan reinvest wisely

maybe, but we are already to 21the August. As Inter fan I 'm glad to note the most important youth product of Inter ( last years) failed to Milan . I am glad to not see there anymore, probably he will be less hateful to me now
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Are people forgetting Balotelli joined a midtable team? Milan were like 14th when he joined 1 ½ years ago IRRC.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Reinvest in what lol? 20m is hardly anything in this day in age.

Milan have let their best player leave for relative pittance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Why are people saying he'll kill the dressing room lol? The likes of Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge and that young lad Ibe will get on well with Balo.

I never thought Gil would be the voice of reason. Razz
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:so 15 goals all comps is suddenly a good season for a CF... fine. For a tier 2 CF, that's a good season. But if you're looking for a top striker, anything less than 20 is poor. 20 is average tbh. You need to have 25 goals to have a good season and 30 for a great season imo.

Only two strikers scored more than 20 in the PL last season.

Suarez and Sturridge..... Scoring 20 is a little more than good.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm

LOL @ people talking about Milan reinvesting properly rofl

Don't agree with Coutinho tbh (Lallana >>>>>) he's no better than what he showed on loan with Espanyol under Pochettino.

Agree with rest though and that Balotelli should succeed there.

The same Coutinho that returned to Inter playing like shit? What he did at Espanyol is no different to what Kakuta did at Dijon in the same time period.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:52 pm

All kids play like shit at Inter Gil tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:55 pm

El Cujo wrote:Balotelli is a boss.

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 3 2zojl00

Best signing all summer.

Indeed he escaped from Italy for this reason

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 3 VidicBalotelli

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 3 20110808_balotelli
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All kids play like shit at Inter Gil tbf.

Balotelli  and Santon played best years in career with us tbf . Then enough finished after us
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 pm

Santon assisted twice against Chelsea once hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Official : Mario Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Page 3 29oiakx

Yes, I DO. Laughing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

Yes, I DO. Laughing

Kelly and Borini against City Laughing

FFS RODGERS U GOAT
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Imo it's a decent signing especially for the price.

And i'm certainly not a fan of Balo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:13 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

zizzle wrote:especially if Milan reinvest wisely

zizzle wrote:Milan reinvest wisely

I lol'd

if Proud
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:14 pm

lol one threat to Sterling means BR can control Balo.  :coffee: 
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Even look at it from a pure numbers standpoint. Balotelli scored 30 goals and assisted 12 in 54 games for AC Milan over the last year and a half. That's welcome production on any team. Period. Even if he doesn't fulfill his potential I will take that any time because Rodgers will substitute him if he isn't playing well, and when he is playing well he will be allowed freedom to do so.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next