Red Alert
CBarca
El Gunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:17 am

Moto pls.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are comfortably better.

Everyone drops points to scrubs doesn't change the fact you finished about where you should have done. Do I need to remind you about Sherwood's record as manager? You couldn't have done much better in terms of wins and losses.

As I said the performance level should have been higher but results wise? No and if anything you are further reinforcing my point about the absurdly unrealistic expectations.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Motogp69 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Moto pls.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are comfortably better.

Everyone drops points to scrubs doesn't change the fact you finished about where you should have done. Do I need to remind you about Sherwood's record as manager?  You couldn't have done much better in terms of wins and losses.

As I said the performance level should have been higher but results wise?  No and if anything you are further reinforcing my point about the absurdly unrealistic expectations.

FFS, not even touching the AVB fiasco, but Sherwood dropped at least 12 points needlessly because of meddling with our tactics and poor squad selection. He settled for a draw in one of his first games out against West Brom at home (2 points lost), settled for a draw against Hull away (2 points lost), lost away to Norwich (3 points lost), another draw against West Brom this time away (2 points lost), and a loss against West Ham away (3 points lost).

Those are all games Spurs should win without a problem with competent management. Don't be angry just because for all of Sherwood's faults he still managed to get Spurs to put 4 past Newcastle :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:24 am

Jonathan28 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

So rather than admit that United looked poor and simply accept a bit of ribbing (that you've been ever so eager to hand out in the past) you want to rewrite (or ignore) significant portions of history and competely disregard significant portions of your fellow fanbase.  BRILLIANT!

7 players either made there debut or 2nd appearance tonight for the first team...but ya full strength power house out there tonight rittled with first team world class players.

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 12 Timetostopposting

time for the haters to look at the facts
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:05 am

@GaryLineker: This is a huge shock. Cannot remember a bigger one! I mean.... Leicester losing at home to Shrewsbury is ridiculous.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 am

I don't think lvg cares too much about coc and fa cup. His job is to get the club into the top four this season nothing else
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 am

With some team stability and a proper first XI playing week in week out, I'm not seeing a team that is too inferior to Arsenal in terms of the top 4. Not too much worse than Liverpool either. Chelsea, Man City easily much better, but I'm not seeing where Spurs are really that much worse than Arsenal or Liverpool.

It's performance wise indeed where Spurs have had shortcomings. 21 individual errors to goals. Injuries-Lamela, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Walker, Capoue...change in management. All of this stuff adds up and so the performances have never matched the quality on paper or the quality of the players themselves. Laughing at "comfortably better". Better? Yes, but I don't think the gulf in quality is tremendous.

And results and performance are linked(over the course of a season)...without as many individual errors, maybe some of those terrible terrible beatings last season don't happen. Results wise spurs were fine rofl, west ham did the double on Spurs ffs.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:43 am

Moto pls.
If we didn't get *bleep* by Anthony Taylor against Villa, if Giroud tapped in against United at home, if we didn't lose concentration against Soton away, and if Bendtner tapped in against United away we would've been champions.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 pm

Crystal Palace are appointing Neil Warnock as manager :facepalm:

This guy has just gone from a sacking to a sacking. The last time he was in charge of Crystal Palace he was let go of because he said he didn't have the stomach to fight for their survival in the Championship after they were given a 10 penalty.

This reads currently on Warnock's wikipedia page where it says "current team": Crystal Palace WHAT HAVE YOU DONE PARISH

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 12 10603533_1147276685312546_2307653854050391736_n
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Warnock back in the premier league Laughing

RIP Palace
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Inb4 we lose to Palace on Saturday.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Officially escaped from the Manchester Titanic, I did not go down with the ship, rather I jumped on a life boat

And that lifeboats name is Spurs Proud

After a year away, I am back Spurs ffs Molenation

Where is CB at?

Welcome back to team Spurs Tom Molenation

Glad to have you until December when everyone realizes that the team isn't winning shite this year like usual Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Not giving the Spurs squad enough respect in here. They could challenge for top 4 all they were missing was a competent manager that could give them direction and some confidence amongst the players. They aren't a joke. Would not be surprised at all to see them take points off the consensus top 4 in the league right now.

Natalie Portman wrote:For me, Coutinho either starts in a midfield 3, or doesn't start at all. All his best games last season were in a midfield 3 with Henderson and Gerrard. He is not a #10 and he is not a wide attacker. He is a #8...an inconsistent one (he is 21 after all), but a number 8.

This is just rubbish. Coutinho has been fantastic as a 10 since coming to Liverpool. Almost any time he's played centrally (10 or Cool he's played well. It's the games where he's been forced wide that he struggles most. Both of our games so far this year we've set up in a 4-3-3 and it just doesn't suit Coutinho as well.

Hopefully with Lallana/Markovic healthy Coutinho can move back into midfield when setting up the 4-3-3 (or maybe permanently) and in the diamond play as the 10 otherwise he's going to look worse than he is.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Who said they were a joke? They can challenge in the same way Everton can challenge but they still won't get there like Everton won't.

It's not a slight on them, it's because the top 4 is too strong. Man Yoo have spent nearly 150m and they are still on the outside looking in.

When evaluating teams prospects you have to consider what those around them have and they are all significantly stronger.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv_mLOZCIAAwfw8.png

"hahaha" followed by 4 emojis. Yep...immature idiot.

Smalltime attitude.

Just like the club he plays for.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:49 pm

RED wrote:

Smalltime attitude.

Would that be the club that makes your club spend the best part of a quarter of a billion pounds this last year?

The funny part is you're still a quarter of a billion miles away from competing with us.

No wonder he's laughing at you...pretty much like the rest of world rofl
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
RED wrote:

Smalltime attitude.

Would that be the club that makes your club spend the best part of a quarter of a billion pounds this transfer window?

The funny part is you're still a quarter of a billion miles away from competing with us.

No wonder he's laughing at you...pretty much like the rest of world rofl

Same way that your club needed a billion, literally, to compete with us. Your sheikh didn't have a clue City existed, looked on a map and found out that there was a club based in Manchester other than United Wink And decided 'I wanna make my own version of Manchester United. Hey, they do have Manchester in their name, so that's a start'

And also, we're spending money that's ours mate. Not by being some billionaire's toy.

Get your laughs in while you can right now. We'll be back and we'll tuck City back into our shadows, where they used to being in. Smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm

RED wrote:
Get your laughs in while you can right now. We'll be back and we'll tuck City back into our shadows, where they used to being in. Smile

Hahahaha

Bless...anyways excited about the Champions League draw tomorrow? I am....

I mean it used to be United who got the stupidly easy group err when you were good enough that is to qualify...i wonder who gets your luck this year?

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:19 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
RED wrote:

Hahahaha

I mean it used to be United who got the stupidly easy group err when you were good enough that is to qualify...i wonder who gets your luck this year?

You will need United's "luck" when it comes to the CL, you lot have been embarrassing in the comp.

Looking forward to the CL as whole, and also looking forward to seeing Barca, Bayern and RM toy with your team in the CL as per. Bless..

Atleast make it to the querter finals this time. Or you may wanna chuck another billion to solve that problem.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 pm

RED wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
RED wrote:

Hahahaha

You will need United's "luck" when it comes to the CL, you lot have been embarrassing in the comp.

Looking forward to the CL as whole, and also looking forward to seeing Barca, Bayern and RM toy with your team in the CL as per. Bless..

Atleast make it to the querter finals this time. Or you may wanna chuck another billion to solve that problem.

And you do your very best to at least finish above Southampton and we'll all be happy Thumbs up

Anyways I find banter with United fans very depressing nowadays, it's like kicking a puppy...it's not big and it's not clever!!

I'll just have to accept that for the remainder of my life City will be superior and try my damnest to be humble about it.

See you tomorrow in the Champions League Draw thread... cheers

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Chemical boy, always waiting for someone to have a jab at citty so he can write a paragraph defending them lol

That insecurity of being small time, been a rough 3 years supporting city his whole life Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:32 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
RED wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Hahahaha

And you do your very best to at least finish above Southampton and we'll all be happy Thumbs up

Anyways I find banter with United fans very depressing nowadays, it's like kicking a puppy...it's not big and it's not clever!!

I'll just have to accept that for the remainder of my life City will be superior and try my damnest to be humble about it.

See you tomorrow in the Champions League Draw thread... cheers

Okayish rebuttal. 4/10. And that's being generous.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:34 pm

B-Mac wrote:Chemical boy, always waiting for someone to have a jab at citty so he can write a paragraph defending them lol

That insecurity of being small time, been a rough 3 years supporting city his whole life Proud

And I'm sure that you were supporting United long before they were a successful team. Laughing
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 pm

El Cujo wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Chemical boy, always waiting for someone to have a jab at citty so he can write a paragraph defending them lol

And I'm sure that you were supporting United long before they were a successful team. Laughing

Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:38 pm

B-Spac

A United fan that lives in Canada.

Apparantly they had a draw at the last home game against Swansea (well not a draw...you always get beat at home)...raffle may be a better word and you won the prize for the fan who lives closest to the stadium. According to LVG Canada is slightly closer to Manchester than Singapore or Beijing so well done. Thumbs up

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm

lmfao this banter is amazing. Need Nasir on for a tag team .
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next