dostoevsky
S
ExtremistEnigma
Motogp69
Kick
69 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 10 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Quite surprised by the Alonso signing.

With Bastian able in the pivot, Lahm able in the pivot and that young kid Gaudino who looks incredibly composed for his age...is it really needed to have Alonso?

I think it is very simply down to Schweini being out with patella tendon problems and we don't know how long this will last. Longer than a month probably.
Javi out until next year, guess they felt we were short on experience.
Gaudino is 17. Was absolutely, stunningly fantastic on Friday imo, but, yeah, is 17.
Lahm played right back in the first league game.
Right now it's still not clear how Pep wants to play, but think it will be changed from last year.

Strange, but kind of good.

Forgot he was injured too, I didnt know it was fairly long term.

I know, Gaudino is just a kid. But if there is a big coach out there who dont give two hoots about how young you are, its Pep.

But yeah, your right. I think its just Bayern and Pep being extra careful not to get caught so shorthanded. Martinez, Schweini and I guess Thiago too are getting injured too frequently.

I think that's one main reason why it kind of makes sense.
Alonso won't block Gaudinos, Höjbjergs, or Labas for that matter, future.

I have no doubt Gaudino will get enough time, What other top clubs starts a 17 year old, in his first league game, as midfield conductor against a strong opponent on opening match day.

But there's also Champions league etc coming. When Kroos left we decided to replace him internally, with Alaba, maybe Höjbjerg, now Gaudino.
But now Javi is out, Schweini is out, Thiago is out.
It was getting pretty thin, and we can surely need some experience there.
Doubt there are many players more experienced than Alonso.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 10 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Oh and let's not forget that Rafinha is out too for 2 months, so Lahm will potentially be needed on the right side.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:actually I am laughing at Madrid here, letting both Alonso and Di Maria leave, well everyone knows Di Maria was imp for them, for me Alonso may be past it but still provided so much, so I dont know how they are planning to replace him.
duh, we have signed this guy named Kroos, who has just been stellar since he arrived in Madrid. looool
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:How can you overplay a 17 year old to the point of risking injury?
Well, my point was it could have been possible due to the number of injuries Bayern have atm. Now with the addition of Xabi Alonso, the midfield isn't as thin as before and so the kid can continue to develop slowly.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Yeah... both Kroos and James have looked good imo. Kroos has been awesome while James has played well considering he's asked to play lower than he's used to. We struggled when we played Alonso-Kroos-Modric and badly. I think that's why Alonso left... the writing was on the wall. Carlo probably let him know that he was no longer a regular.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 pm

I didnt see full 90 minutes of any Madrid's game in this season, so as I understand it will be
Modric
Hames-Kroos
                 Bale-Benzema-Nick's fav Madrid player
Not sure if it is actually working and a balanced midfield trio imo :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Oh and let's not forget that Rafinha is out too for 2 months, so Lahm will potentially be needed on the right side.

Also didnt know that. Pep seems to like Rafinha too, so yeah the need for Alonso seems alot bigger than I knew.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _SuperFloren_ Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Luiz Gustavo is not Real Madrid material. I hope youre joking, my friends.
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by _SuperFloren_ Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah... both Kroos and James have looked good imo. Kroos has been awesome while James has played well considering he's asked to play lower than he's used to. We struggled when we played Alonso-Kroos-Modric and badly. I think that's why Alonso left... the writing was on the wall. Carlo probably let him know that he was no longer a regular.
Alonso is leaving because he is 33 years old, and he is european champions, we madridistas, usually kill players who are playing bad or are giving us his decline and bad form, Alonso will leave as a giant and will be remembered as a great at this point. Think about Iker Flopillas recently. People is bored of him
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:53 pm

I think the issue with the youngsters is not so much overplaying them physically but demanding/expecting them to be able to carry too much responsibility rapidly.
Would be unfair to them and irresponsible as a top club's squad management.
It's a balance, but I'm not worried Pep would hesitate to trust them appropriately.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Luiz Gustavo used to be mentioned as the name madrid would go after if Khedira leaves, he didnt. And even then, Carlo didnt want Khedira to go.

So the name of Luiz Gustavo is being mentioned because he is the longest standing name we have been linked with this summer.

As it stands, we have 3 options:
1) Illarra steps up, but if we have an injury between him or khedira we screwed.
2) we find a DM to make numbers, as Gustavo, but he is not gonna be very versatile + will make illarra useless again.
3) we sign another box to box but there arent any on the market that's quality.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Gustavo fill a role.... DM. If you have a DM in your mid, it allows you to play James or Isco as the AM, which is more natural to them. So in terms of offering a lot more options to Madrid, it makes a lot of sense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Van Ginkel's loan move to Milan may yet go through it seems according to Milan Channel suggesting that the youngster's no was not definitive. It seems Mourinho may have suggested that it would be best for MVG to spend the season away from London.

As an alternative flexible option in midfield, either as an alternative anchor in De Jong's absence or to his side, crucially relegating the likes of Muntari and Essien to further time on the bench, I would like this to go through, even if it is only a loan. He's raw and inexperienced, however we're short on options at the moment and it's a low cost solution without much downside, even if he fails.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Gustavo fill a role.... DM. If you have a DM in your mid, it allows you to play James or Isco as the AM, which is more natural to them. So in terms of offering a lot more options to Madrid, it makes a lot of sense.
yup, that works, it's what i mentioned. Illarra has no future in madrid since he cant play CM, shame. If we have a big game coming i would rather have Gustavo running point in front of the defense than Illarra at this point
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 pm

what's the deal with illara ? didn't follow real enough last season to evaluate his performances .
wasn't he supposed to be a younger version of alonso ? what's lacking for him to get a spot ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 pm

The pressure is too high for him when the light shines on him. He plays below his talent, not enough courage, not enough balls. It's a shame because he is clearly a talented player. But RM arent going to wait for him, it is what it is. Also, he has been very underwhelming when not played at mediocentro, so even tactically he is limited with regards to the positions he can play in our midfield.

Kroos came in and settled that debate in one game vs Sevilla. We arent going to wait for Illarra, it wouldnt shock me if he moves on, heard rumors of him going on loan to Atheltic Bilbao to see how he progresses.

As it stands now, if Kroos is our mediocentro, it's better to find a DM that can do protect the back 4.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:02 pm

No idea why we're loaning Van Ginkel to Milan of all clubs. He won't get consistent gametime when he's competing with established pros like De Jong, Montolivo etc
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Monti is out for 6months with a broken leg.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Montolivo is unlikely to be back for at least four months, likely more and De Jong has had a preseason interrupted by niggling injuries, so I actually believe he'll have quite a few opportunities to establish space for himself within the squad during the first half of the year. If he performs during this time then he'll ensure he's high up the pecking order of our midfield rotation once Monty does return.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Hull and Villa are in a bidding war for Cleverley. Each club willing to give United 8/9 Mill for him.

rofl

That would be incredible business for us.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 pm

He would be an excellent player for Hull, although I wanted him always to watch in red shirt Sad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Di Marzio wrote:Florentino Perez is with Jorge Mendes in Monte Carlo, they are waiting for Monaco's DOF to negotiate Falcao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Dortmund working on a Kagawa return and he's open to it banana

http://mobil.ruhrnachrichten.de/sport/bvb/Nach-zwei-Jahren-in-England-Shinji-Kagawa-offenbar-vor-Rueckkehr-zum-BVB;art11635,2465162
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Di Marzio wrote:Florentino Perez is with Jorge Mendes in Monte Carlo, they are waiting for Monaco's DOF to negotiate Falcao

Falcao to ride the bench? hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:29 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Dortmund working on a Kagawa return and he's open to it banana

http://mobil.ruhrnachrichten.de/sport/bvb/Nach-zwei-Jahren-in-England-Shinji-Kagawa-offenbar-vor-Rueckkehr-zum-BVB;art11635,2465162

kagawa + 25m for Hummels banana
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:32 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Dortmund working on a Kagawa return and he's open to it banana

only if they get him back cheaper than they sold him lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next