EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RedMamba Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 am

@bbcsport_david · 20s
#AFC agree deal to sign Monaco's sensational striker http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14692916 #bbcsportsday

30-8-11

RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 am

With Giroud at for 3 months minimum... lf we don't sign a striker before the window closes, our board is a disgrace.

lts like they'd prefer NOT to win the league. How can they not address such a blatantly obvious need. We might not even make top 4 this year if Giroud is out long enough and we have a bunch of scrubs running around out there.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:56 am

No excuse either since we know at least Remy and Danny boy are available.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 am

It's Wenger, not the board. He sees guys like Alexis, Walcott and Campbell as legitimate centre forward options on top of Sanogo, who he's got an unreal amount of faith in despite being a player who, thus far, has only proven how far away from being ready he is whenever he's played.

It's such a needless gamble to take and I also feel that it's going to prove very costly towards any title push this season unless those aforementioned guys can prove they can play centre forward.

I'm really annoyed about this whole thing. The first half of the window was fantastic. We replaced the outgoing first team members, added a bright young prospect and Alexis and included Campbell in the first team. We get into August still needed a centre back, defensive midfield and striker and right now, with the days going by, we've not made a lot of movement on those fronts and, as far as CF goes, seemingly won't make any movement.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Very frustrating, yes.
Gambling on our current options who aren't really out and out CFs and a so-not-ready Sanogo is just blatantly ridiculous when we have the money to get in at least someone like Remy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 pm

All true, too much of a gamble for a window that is supposed to (and still can be) our sort of coming of age to compete with the big boys again with no excuses.

Frustrating now, maybe, but I wouldn't rule it out that we end the window satisfied. Still time, but most importantly is tonight's match.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 pm

And he already forgot how he had to play Arshavin upfront at one point to see how effective it is. I expect nothing though, if Podolski or Sanchez get a goal or two tonight, BAM problem solved.

It's frustrating, reminds me of that summer when he brought in Podolski & Giroud so early. Everybody expect deadly trident with RVP, as it turned out Wenger usually bought to replace not improve.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 pm

We've basically got a bunch of guys who could play up front if they were partnered with someone. If we were playing with two strikers than Alexis, Podolski, Walcott and Campbell would actually look like great options. Walcott can play as the 9, Alexis/Podolski as the SS.

This set-up probably wouldn't be that bad:

Szczesny

Debcuhy - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Gibbs

Ramsey - Arteta

Ozil ------------------ Cazorla

Alexis - Walcott
Instead, we know he's going to try shoehorn these guys into a lone striker role which doesn't suit them and the team will suffer for it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Just give me the 4th place trophy and a CL R16 now. I will take it and call it a day.

*bleep* this shit.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Nicolò Schira ‏@NicoSchira 56m
#Arsenal, There is agreement with #AtleticoMadrid for Toby #Alderweireld. #AFC

#inb4whoisNicoloSchira

imo would be a good move. Versatile and still young, even if he didn't fit into Simeone's plans. Read elsewhere that he could be available for £6m.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 pm

AW: "We have plenty of players at centre-forward. In England as soon as you have a problem, people want you to buy."

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:42 pm

To be honest, I think that Wenger's obstinacy about buying players for the sake of it is admirable in many ways ... though I don't agree with taking a pass now, while a clear #9 is so absent in the squad, minus a young, raw player or two.

Maybe Akpom will get his chance? Maybe Alexis or Theo will shine up front with a little tactical tweaking? Maybe Campbell and/or Sanogo will show up big this season? Those are all possibilities. But I certainly share the frustration ...

Defense-wise, Alderweireld could be a good acquisition, though a 25-year-old coming in at that position would surprise me a little. (I'd expect someone young, or someone grizzled.) But did he not play much at Atletico because he was back-up? Did he have injury problems?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Wenger can't believe his own words. He really can't

Because if he really believed any of the players we have could play upfront as a CF.. Then he would have played them there the last 2 to 3 years. But he doesn't. That's why he runs Giroud into the ground and Sanogo is getting chances and STARTING against Bayern ****ing Munich
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:55 pm

we dont need a CF, lets get a cb and DM. dont worry we will score goals trust me.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Wenger can't believe his own words. He really can't

Because if he really believed any of the players we have could play upfront as a CF.. Then he would have played them there the last 2 to 3 years. But he doesn't. That's why he runs Giroud into the ground and Sanogo is getting chances and STARTING against Bayern ****ing Munich

AW"In England as soon as you have a problem people want you to buy,’ said Wenger. ‘I can give you clubs with plenty of players who every time they lose say they have to buy more. But if you give the number of strikers we have it is unbelievable.’ rofl  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I could not believe my eyes when I read that. Shocked  Shocked
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:04 pm

We are going to play with a false 9. The next Pep-era Barca. Only better. I can feel it.

Arteta - Ramsey
Özil
Theo - Ox - Alexis
banana drunken
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:05 pm

another Unreal Battle for 4th tbh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Maybe on a different team, with a different system and different manager.. I'd believe it

But everything about Wengers system depends on a pure, hold up number 9 striker. I've seen no evidence to suggest otherwise. Maybe if he changes the system around, it could work.. But I don't think he will and imo I don't think we have the right midfield staff to play a 4-3-3 or some 442 variations

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 pm

So, allegedly, Zigic is having a medical ahead of a shock transfer to Arsenal. Just imagine Ozil playing behind Zigic. :facepalm:

I will say this though, if by some joke we do sign Zigic, I will stop watching football and start following golf.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Have some faith ffs. It's not as bad as you lot are painting it.

And if we don't sign anyone, we don't. It won't be the first time we have been bent over and beaten to the brink of dementia by injuries.

We have been through worse in the past. Just drop the whole armchair expert act and focus on supporting the team tonight. We can witchhunt and spew venom tomorrow ffs.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:So, allegedly, Zigic is having a medical ahead of a shock transfer to Arsenal. Just imagine Ozil playing behind Zigic. :facepalm:

I will say this though, if by some joke we do sign Zigic, I will stop watching football and start following golf.

I have told you this before about transfer windows Raptor.

If you are still going to be this gullible during silly season, then it is probably for your own health that you should follow golf instead.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm

srigooner wrote:Have some faith ffs. It's not as bad as you lot are painting it.

And if we don't sign anyone, we don't. It won't be the first time we have been bent over and beaten to the brink of dementia by injuries.

We have been through worse in the past. Just drop the whole armchair expert act and focus on supporting the team tonight. We can witchhunt and spew venom tomorrow ffs.

But its so early in the morning, there is still lots of time til the game. Rolling Eyes
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:22 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Wenger can't believe his own words. He really can't

tbf Sanogo played brilliantly and we weren't undone because of his starting.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

But its so early in the morning, there is still lots of time til the game. Rolling Eyes

Well here it is 1520 and I have had it with all the shat I have read on GL all day.

If you are that bored, go buy some bubble wrap and pop that, instead of getting so worked up about transfers early in the morning! Neutral

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:So, allegedly, Zigic is having a medical ahead of a shock transfer to Arsenal. Just imagine Ozil playing behind Zigic. :facepalm:

I have told you this before about transfer windows Raptor.

If you are still going to be this gullible during silly season, then it is probably for your own health that you should follow golf instead.

Come on man you know I dont believe this just having fun here. Every day April Fools' Day till the window closes.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I can't fathom how people are more interested in transfer when we have the most important game of this month ahead of us this evening - and it's possibly amongst the most crucial games of the season!

Yanited lost 4-0 last night to MK frikkin Dons. The thought of the consequences if we don't win tonight is so overwhelming that I haven't done jack all at work today.

And yet people are more worried about transfer targets. I don't blame you all or anything, it's just surprising for me is all :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next