EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I can't fathom how people are more interested in transfer when we have the most important game of this month ahead of us this evening - and it's possibly amongst the most crucial games of the season!

Yanited lost 4-0 last night to MK frikkin Dons. The thought of the consequences if we don't win tonight is so overwhelming that I haven't done jack all at work today.

And yet people are more worried about transfer targets. I don't blame you all or anything, it's just surprising for me is all :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:34 pm

srigooner wrote:I can't fathom how people are more interested in transfer when we have the most important game of this month ahead of us this evening - and it's possibly amongst the most crucial games of the season!

Yanited lost 4-0 last night to MK frikkin Dons. The thought of the consequences if we don't win tonight is so overwhelming that I haven't done jack all at work today.

And yet people are more worried about transfer targets. I don't blame you all or anything, it's just surprising for me is all :facepalm:

I am not worried about the match today anymore, if we cant win at home then we should not be playing CL.

I just hope this is not one of those night where Wenger starts throwing bottles and shaking his head when his imaginary strikers are firing blanks!
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 pm

srigooner wrote:Have some faith ffs. It's not as bad as you lot are painting it.

And if we don't sign anyone, we don't. It won't be the first time we have been bent over and beaten to the brink of dementia by injuries.

We have been through worse in the past. Just drop the whole armchair expert act and focus on supporting the team tonight. We can witchhunt and spew venom tomorrow ffs.

To me not signing anyone now isn't getting beat by injuries. It's beating ourselves

In the current situation, a club that opperated more logically would have been like.. Oh! Well, it's a good thing he got injured before the window closed ! Now we have time to bring someone else in to help. But no, too much to ask. I don't get it

It's just so frustrating because, I know we have a good team, I know we have a lot of good players.. And we should be happy with what we have but we are so close to being so much better.. To getting what we want.. And fall short because of the same stupid reasons every time

To me winning this league is like a big race, where the goal is getting to a vending machine way off in the distance.. Not every team has the gas to even reach the machine.. We always do.. But every time we get there, and we can see the snickers bars, junior mints, and those little packets of chips at the bottom that are always a little more expensive than everything else, all glowing in the dim light of the dark metal box.. As we salivate thinking how great it will be to finally get a taste of the treats we can see right in front of our faces just a few inches away.. Only to realize we didn't bring any change. So all we can do is look at it and observe, making the disappointment all the more difficult to take. So close but yet so far
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Wenger can throw a toilet brush while shaking a leg, for all I care, tonight.

I think we will score but Flamini-Wilshere have to shield the defense and help the clean sheet. That worries me a lot more.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I think the point Sri, and most of the people who aren't having a meltdown, is trying to make is that this would be understandable next week.

Until then, we don't know what Wenger is actually thinking or doing. We can speculate but it's useless to get this upset over something that could actually have a turnout that is the opposite of what we're expecting.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 pm

I know this is some some sick joke, but its so funny. rofl

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 BwDIn5pCAAALm-q
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:45 pm

this is clearly a fake rumour, there is no way we are after zigic lmfao rofl
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:47 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:
To me not signing anyone now isn't getting beat by injuries. It's beating ourselves

In the current situation, a club that opperated more logically would have been like.. Oh! Well, it's a good thing he got injured before the window closed ! Now we have time to bring someone else in to help. But no, too much to ask. I don't get it

It's just so frustrating because, I know we have a good team, I know we have a lot of good players.. And we should be happy with what we have but we are so close to being so much better.. To getting what we want.. And fall short because of the same stupid reasons every time

To me winning this league is like a big race, where the goal is getting to a vending machine way off in the distance.. Not every team has the gas to even reach the machine.. We always do.. But every time we get there, and we can see the snickers bars, junior mints, and those little packets of chips at the bottom that are always a little more expensive than everything else, all glowing in the dim light of the dark metal box.. As we salivate thinking how great it will be to finally get a taste of the treats we can see right in front of our faces just a few inches away.. Only to realize we didn't bring any change. So all we can do is look at it and observe, making the disappointment all the more difficult to take. So close but yet so far

Two things here:
> Injuries are bad, no matter when they happen. We have been banking on Koscielny and Giroud staying fit for a couple of seasons now. We now have both injured. You want to have depth in the situation when somebody gets injured, not knee jerk into signings after someone is out.

For whatever reason, the club and the manager have been saying since end July that we are more or less set and will sign only if some good opportunity comes. That means they have been thinking that we are covered even if someone is injured. That is the case now.

Is there a difference in our evaluation of the situation and that of the manager? Definitely.
Do we know better? Probably.
Do we know what's going on behind the scenes at the club? Nope.

Let's just stop assuming we know everything, basing our conclusions on what random 'sauces' are saying on Twitter for today and focus on the game at hand - that's all I am saying.

> We have always been 1-2 gallons short of reaching the vending machine in the first place. We get out and push the car over the line. We have the change, btw. We just don't make it in time to buy that shizz, guys with oil (pun intended) make it there well ahead of us for the stock to be sold out. (Cue: Mata, Jovetic,...)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:48 pm

REWB wrote:this is clearly a fake rumour, there is no way we are after zigic lmfao rofl

Whoever made this rumor is a legend, one of the best rumors of our time imo. At the end of the day Žigić is better than nothing almost. He is just what Wenger looking for and also to prove to his critics, he is capable of signing a big big big player. cheers

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:51 pm

You aren't even 99% close Raptor.

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Guys stop, Zigic is a huge signing.

He's like 2 meters tall :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:57 pm

srigooner wrote:You aren't even 99% close Raptor.

Spoiler:

I heard that we still not done with his medical so there is still a chance he could join us.

MJ wrote:Guys stop, Zigic is a huge signing.

He's like 2 meters tall :coffee:

Larger than life signing, the world would notice for sure. Cool
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:06 pm

It was just............... BANTER. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Being Arsenal fan during transfer window is half of the fun Smile. We're all armchair and we all knew it, i mean You Obviously Love Owls Capoue, Mvila, Diame, Benteke, Michu the list goes on. Still it's fun to talk and get outrage about it though. It shown fans care.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Wtf posted on phone and where that you obvioisly love owls came from
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 pm

You Obviously Love Owls Capoue ftw :bow:

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Etttie11
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:16 pm

MemeJ striker again :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:25 pm

srigooner wrote:MemeJ striker again :bow:

Sri just can't help complaining about strikers, even when he's praising me :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:29 pm

srigooner wrote:I can't fathom how people are more interested in transfer when we have the most important game of this month ahead of us this evening - and it's possibly amongst the most crucial games of the season!

srigooner wrote:Just give me the 4th place trophy and a CL R16 now. I will take it and call it a day.

*bleep* this shit.

Sri pls
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:47 pm

srigooner wrote:Just give me the 4th place trophy and a CL R16 now. I will take it and call it a day.

*bleep* this shit.

1 and 2 will be cheezy and manc. We could still have a shot at 3.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:03 pm

MJ wrote:Molenation

And then the Ornacle reks our dreams.

@bbcsport_david · 9m
#AFC unlikely to sign striker despite Giroud injury. Not definitive but current plan is existing options rather than buy/loan #bbcsportsday

@bbcsport_david · 6m
#AFC still want CB/DMF (maybe someone who can do both) but likely to be squad player not big name as (esp CB) will be back-up #bbcsportsday

Are you kidding me. WTF

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:06 pm

I hope it's Arsenal trying to calm down the market by telling others he isn't desperate. But if that's true then wtf is this shit.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:07 pm

Chuba Akpom could be going on loan to Feyenoord or FC Twente, apparently.

Would be a fantastic move for him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:08 pm

FFS I rather start him over Zigic.

Great move though. Hopefully it's a season loan and not 3 months.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Wenger makes Giroud out to be like Henry! doesn't want to sign a striker so basically once Giroud comes back he will walk in to starting line up and win the 4th place trophy if its still available.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 pm

6unner wrote:

*bleep* this shit.

1 and 2 will be cheezy and manc. We could still have a shot at 3.

Right now, I'd say Liverpool would finish above us.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next