junkyard
VendettaRed07
Deja Vu
Art Morte
sree999
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chelsea are a small team who play like Stoke, says Manuel Pellegrini - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea are a small team who play like Stoke, says Manuel Pellegrini

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:09 pm

I have to kick some knowledge for you young ones and non-La Liga watchers/Mou Slurper's.

First of all Mou has jabbed and jabbed at Pellegrini taking cheap shots at him for years now especially when he took over the job at Real Madrid when they scored a boat load of goals and Mou called Pellegrini's Madrid the "best losers" after losing out to a Fabulous Barca team who turned around and beat Mou 5-0 the next year.  

He also made fun of Pellegrini taking the Malaga job calling it a second rate job where he did wonderful work and at the time it looked like a project that would rival City, PSG, Chelsea etc.  Basically saying Pellegrini had no options but to take the Malaga job which again is horseshit and why he would say that is just well classless.  

I find it somewhat funny as when Mou left I'm sure he would have flipped out had Carlo Ancelotti made remarks about him finishing 15 points back or Barcelona the year he was fired.  But Ancelotti actually has class (Don't kick a man when he's down).

Just to put it out there Pellegrini's record against Mourinho is terrible but to the mans defense Mou said all year long last year to anyone who would listen that there team wasn't very good (when they actually had a very good team but decisions like loaning out Lukaku left them short at forward and Loaning out the best keeper in the world etc.  These were still technically Chelsea players, Chelseas roster was very good) which was a lie and basically gave him the right to Park the bus against big sides.  Which he did, even parking it against Atletico until they scored and then were raped.  

Fine, I mean he is/was completely lying but whatever we know he likes to park the bus and then call it something else, it's what he does.

The two have history which Mourinho started and Pellegrini was correct in his claim.  They did indeed park the bus and didn't really go for the kill when they were a man up for 30 minutes.  I find it strange.  A win would have given them massive breathing room in the EPL and the chance to rotate players and drop points here and there.

And BTW, down the stretch when Mou thought his "terrible team" were going to win the league he called out Norwich for the exact same thing.  I mean Norwich for gods sake a team who actually would need to do that to come away with points.

So please take into context some of this before anyone slams Pellegrini.  He is talking about the worlds biggest hypocrite after all.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Chelsea are a small team who play like Stoke, says Manuel Pellegrini - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea are a small team who play like Stoke, says Manuel Pellegrini

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:I can understand that.

I can only guess its simply the difference in the importance of philosophy. As in, if Barca produced displays like that, I couldnt take it, no matter what the result was.

Whereas for other people its an exchange for good results in the long run of the season.

Away to the top sides, I can put up with 90 mins of woeful football half a dozen times over the course of a season and accept it in the long run should it yield the desired result, which, so far, it has just about without fail (just 1 loss in 7 away games vs last year's Top 8 + City yesterday and Everton a few weeks ago), provided he goes for it in the return fixture at home (which he also did without fail last season vs the Top 8 – wins against all of MCFC, LFC, AFC, EFC, THFC, MUFC and SFC with 21 goals scored in those 7 games and just 4 conceded).

Play like that against Aston Villa at the weekend though, for instance, and I'll be the first one in the queue to lambaste him for it, just as I have done before.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:09 pm

it's beyond me how anybody not born in west london can be a chelsea fan. When i think of the things that made me a football fan in general and a supporter of my teams(barca, bilbao), chelsea is devoid of all these things. At least with atletico playing this style you can respect the grit and determination of a team with less resources...Chelsea fans, please shed some light. Do you enjoy these kinds of shit on a stick performances in almost every big game. Does it bother you that you are run by the whims of a red mafia thug? Do you  feel some kind of vicarious power listening to mourinho and reveling in his success/arrogance as a contrast to your inadequacies(timidness/lack of accomplishments)? I've heard that this is the reason many famous outlaws, political strongmen etc. have big popular support among the masses. Maybe same thing here. Please explain.

gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:43 pm

This is hilarious, I will give you stats of the Stoke City and Chelsea game. However, statement is obvious and Pellegrini didn't need to make it. This makes him look "butthurt" to the bias media and/or casual fan who is not familiar with Chelsea or Mou tactics. Anyone how familiar with football or watches Chelsea play against other Big teams know this. Mou played POS tactics in Madrid with a 500m euro squad so not sure why ppl feel he would play attacking football with inferior attacking players.

It is funny that Chelsea fans are debating this like its some slanderous statement and even though statement is a fact. Not sure how they stay wake when they play this way in against the top 6/7 teams in 12/14 games every season. This is the tactic that should be reserved for teams fighting relegation not a team trying to contend for domestic and international titles.

Stoke City vs 11men:
Shots
City 16   Stoke 7
On target
City 2      Stoke 2
Corners
City 11    Stoke 4
Fouls
City 14    Stoke 5

Chelsea Vs 10men after 65:33min (35+ min with a man advantage)
Shots
City 16   Chelsea 6
On target
City 4     Chelsea 2
Corners
City 14   Chelsea 2
Fouls
City 14   Chelsea 5
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

If Pele's talking about Chelsea's goal, it came from a City corner. So, unless he expects the Chelsea team to be hanging out with Joe Hart while City take the corner, I don't see what he has to whine about.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Why does Pellegrini only talk trash when he loses lmao

Seriously if he had said something like this after a City win he'd look less like a whiner. Using Stoke as an example is ridiculous as well since Stoke beat City recently. Baffling stuff.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 pm

But it's okay for stoke to play like a small team because that's what they are.

Whenever a Latin coach says something like this and gets crucified for it here I remind everyone that in South American and Spanish football cultures the better team is expected to play with the ball rather than stand covering the goal. It's a cultural difference.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 pm

I never had him pegged down for one of the worst losers (Yes I know it was 1-1 u pos') out there Laughing

But this legend is consistently tallking shit now rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:53 pm

@Zealous
Yes the statement was unnecessary but it is the truth. And lets not act like Mou wasn't talking sh*t before and after the match. His comments about FFP and points deductions from City was unnecessary.

The issue is a Marquee game for the PL, The two favorites to win the League and for more than 35min Chelsea played 10 men BEHIND THE BALL AGAINST 10 MEN. Chelsea and Stoke had the same tactics coming into the game, the famous smash and grab Proud

Honestly THANK GOD for their tactics, If Chelsea would have went for it and brought in Remy instead of Mikel they probably would have won it.

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Zealous wrote:Why does Pellegrini only talk trash when he loses lmao

Seriously if he had said something like this after a City win he'd look less like a whiner. Using Stoke as an example is ridiculous as well since Stoke beat City recently. Baffling stuff.

Uh, they didn't lose. It was a draw playing with a man down for almost the whole second half against the title favorites and team on the best form in the league.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2