mr-r34
DeletedUser#1
Helmer
Art Morte
8 posters

Go down

Liverpool v Everton Empty Liverpool v Everton

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:56 am

It's always a big game, but now it's perhaps even bigger than usually given both clubs' struggles in the first five matches of the season.

According to Rodgers, Liverpool are "a little bit broken" after two wins and three defeats, putting us 11th in the table with six points.

Everton have started off even worse, lying in 14th place with five points.

Perhaps it's too early in the season to use the word "crisis", but a "mess", I think the fans of the losing side tomorrow will have the right to howl that their team's a mess right now. A draw wouldn't help either too much and I'm sure both sides will go for the win tomorrow, so I don't think it'll be a draw.

A huge game that's barely 24 hours away, here's hoping the derby will be the kick on our arse that will get our engine properly running.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Everton Empty Re: Liverpool v Everton

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:47 am

guys enough of the excuses in this season, time to have a bang bang.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Full meltdown incoming if we lose this.

hope we win Proud

Leaving out to a birthday party now, and the birthday boy is a massive LFC fan too.....we're promised to be up all night and just make it to the bar at 7AM for the KO straight after the party.

p.s. if we lose, Art should be banned form making match-day threads :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:08 am

Going to be a tough game as always with derbies, don't really have a prediction for this cause i can see anything happen, if we lose a 3rd straight game it'll start getting embarrassing.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Man, we are really doing poor job of being fan . :facepalm: Handful of posts for the first derby game :brickwall: . No team news either affraid .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:36 pm

We are crossing more than Moyesie's prime utopian team :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 pm

1 - 1 @ FT Neutral

We played better than recently, but the problem that has been there since the start of the season - inefficiency in attack - cost us once again. A free-kick goal and that's it, despite getting the ball quite easily into the attacking third. Why do we insist on standing still in attack and watching one player keep the ball?

So disappointing to see victory turn into draw in added time, to Everton of all teams. Otherwise a good performance, but we just don't know how to attack decisively. Could be a long season ahead of us if that doesn't change.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:51 pm

rofl difficult season if Studge is injured for long period...Mario doing many things but most important thing is to score goals and unfortunately he is struggling right now.

If Studge remains fit, we will slaughter whoever comes in our way :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:00 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:rofl difficult season if Studge is injured for long period...Mario doing many things but most important thing is to score goals and unfortunately he is struggling right now.

If Studge remains fit, we will slaughter whoever comes in our way :coffee:

I think it was Hank who was saying the same, but I don't see it quite like this. We as a team are immobile in attack, lacking chemistry and ideas. Having Sturridge up there will help no doubt, but it's our overall attacking approach that needs to improve.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:14 pm

One person can make a lot of difference. And to have Balo there doesnt help because his natural run is not the same and Studge will make a huge difference in players understandings, movement and rhythm of the game. So I am expecting a lot probably but sure we will score at least 2 goals when we created chances like today.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:30 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:One person can make a lot of difference. And to have Balo there doesnt help because his natural run is not the same and Studge will make a huge difference in players understandings, movement and rhythm of the game. So I am expecting a lot probably but sure we will score at least 2 goals when we created chances like today.

It's easy to say "Sturridge will make more runs", but looking at our recent games, where will he make those runs into? It doesn't matter who we have standing next to their CBs if we play it too slow. Running into offside does no good. Our build-up is ponderous and slow, we have just one player making any movement at any given time. I'd rather see our players run like headless chicken in attack than this standing-still cluelessness.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Honestly don't think sturridge is the answer to our problems.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Sturridge will allow Balotelli's immobility in attack to be counted, When players will look up they will either have Sturridge infront of them or Balo at the last defenders shoulder. Balo can continue is defensive workrate as he is.

I think we will be an instant hit when he comes back. By instant hit means scoring goals, Idk about defense.

Also seriously BR? Markovic? Why, The guy has 0 confidence, He was playing as if it was against some pub Portuguese team. The guy can barely put a decent shift in and you go in and put him in the one of the most physical matches he would ever play in.

Lallana will come good, He's gonna be 25m worth.

Moreno and Manquillo were good enough. No problems there. Though seeing Lukaku drifting every game to the left, If i were BR i would have started Enrique.

I noticed how we burned out after the 75th, We parked the bus and tired midfielders struggling to press was the reason we ended up losing, Not taking anything away from Jagielka, It was a goal of the season contender. But it was a CB taking a shot from outside the box ffs.

Henderson MOM not Lallana imo.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Sturridge is the answer ffs, If its not Sturridge then we need to go in for another striker, CB and GK in the January window. But atm only Sturridge can make us feel better.

He would have put to bed at least 1 of Balo's chances today. The current problem is goals, If we would have had that 2-0 cushion, conceding late on wouldnt have mattered.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:40 am

Lallana won't be worth 25m, but he did well to his credit last night. He and Henderson were our only decent players imo.

Sturridge isn't the answer. He'll no doubt help alot on how we set up but it's not Daniel's absence that's making us lose points right now...

Problem right now is Rodgers. He's constantly changing the system/team and he still doesn't know how to set up defensively. And unfortunately for him there's no SAS to bail him out of games atm.

Look at the goal we conceded. Look where our midfield sits. They're in the same line as our defence ffs. There were 2, maybe 3 FREE Everton shirts just outside the box. Not a fan of Lovren (well documentated) but he's not too blame solely for that goal, even if it was a nice assist to Jagielka. :facepalm:

Oh, and remember how I was "ignorant" and hated on in that 'have we improved' thread? Because I'm pretty sure 3/4 of what I said in there has come fact. But all good, we're 7 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses without Luisito. What is formation, who is Suarez, we can grind results etc. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:49 am

Also if Rodgers does the same thing he did to Sakho as he did with Agger I really don't understand his transfer policy AT ALL. :brickwall:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:27 am

Is Ayre still a genius lol, hindsight and the lack of transfer signing excitement gone we'll realize we really didn't get much of what we were promised and a lot signings were bought in for the future, which is down to FSG policy. You can argue we haven't played enough games to make such a rash and quick decision but we've only played 1 good game all season and don't look like reproducing that, looks like it's time to do a man u.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:32 am

Not sure why people were so impressed by the window.

We not only overpaid [Ayre's fault] for majority of the signings, but we overpaid for the (lack of) quality [committee's fault] we brought in. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 am

i think the prospect of someone coming in and us not having to play players like moses, aspas or assaidi would get anyone excited.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:57 am

I just watched the goals.... Laughing

fell asleep 45 mins before the KO and missed the game .

what a goal by Jags man :bow: ...heard we played better than last few games and Lallana was our MOTM. Anyone can verify that ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 am

If Lallana was our MOTM in some people's opinion, it just highlights our shortcomings. Lallana was brought in to contribute in attack, but those who are saying that he was our best player yesterday base it on his defensive work-rate and effort in midfield. He didn't do anything special to help out our ailing offence.

I don't think we should look to blame anyone for Jagielka's goal, it was a little bit special. You can't get first to every loose ball. If anything, we should learn something from it in our own attacks; crossing isn't always bad even if you don't have a big man in the box, just expect and attack those second-balls.

I don't think the signings we made in the window are the major problem (apart from Lovren, probably. 20m on him, good lord).

The major problem is that they seem to have no idea of how to play together. Everyone's just standing still in attack. Rodgers needs to address this immediately. Tell them that not every play has to be perfect, not every run has to be ideal, just start moving more, passing it quicker. It doesn't need to have the brightest idea in it straight away. Good things happen for those who try, but at the moment we're not even trying, we're waiting for a miracle.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down